Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

5rs972y.jpg

김선호

Blessed the world with his gorgeous dimples and cheeky smile on 8 May 1986.

Started as a stage actor in 2009 before moving to television in 2017.

Alumni of the Seoul Institute of Arts ( Department of Broadcasting).

He is also the perfect height at 180cm.

Filmography

Good Manager / Chief Kim ( KBS)

Supporting Cast Sung Sang Tae

Strongest Deliveryman (KBS)

Main Cast : Oh Jin Kyu

2017- 2018

Two Cops (MBC)

Main Cast : Kong Soo Chang

You  Drive Me Crazy ( MBC Drama Special)

Main lead : Kim Rae Wan

Your House Helper (KBS)

Cameo: Yong Joon

100 Days Husband (TVN)

Main Cast : Jong Jae Yoon

Eulachacha (Welcome to ) Waikiki 2 (JTBC) 

Main cast : Cha Woo Sik

Catch Yoo Ryung (TVN)

Main Lead - Go Ji Suk

Startup ( TVN)

Main Cast : Han Ji Pyeong
Run On (JTBC)
Kim Sang Ho (Ep. 16)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
Main Lead: Hong Du-Sik

------------------------------------------------------

Variety 

emcee for this year's MBC GAYO DAEJEJEON - MBC Music Festival

From Dec 2019

1 Night and 2 Days ( 1N2D)  Season 4 ( KBS)

Stage Work 

Spoiler
  • 《보이스 오브 밀레니엄》 - Voice of Millennium (2016)
  • 《클로저》 - Closer (2016)
  • 《트루웨스트 리턴즈》 - True West Return (2016)
  • 《올모스트 메인》 - Almost Maine (2016)
  • 《거미여인의 키스》 - Kiss of Spider Woman (2015 - 2016, 2017 - 2018, note: end to early year)
  • 《트루웨스트》 - True West (2015)
  • 《연애의 목적》 - Purpose of Love (2015)
  • 《7년동안 하지 못한 말》 - Couldn't Say for 7 years (2013, 2014)
  • 《셜록》 - Sherlock (2012)
  • 《옥탑방 고양이》 - Rooftop Cat (2010, 2015, 2016)
  • 《뉴 보잉보잉》 - New Boing Booing (2009, 2013, 2014)
  •    Memory in Dream  (Nov 2019 to Jan 2020)
  •   얼음    Ice  (2021)
    Touching the Void (2022)

tumblr_oumespfqu61uq4zv4o2_400.gif

Industry recognition

In December 2021, he was selected as Gallup Korea's Television Actor of the Year.  (Thank you to @nitnot)
Asian Artist Awards
Won RET Popularity Award – Actor
Won U+Idol Live Popularity Award – Actor

Baeksang Arts Awards
Won Most Popular Actor
Brand Customer Loyalty Awards
Won Trend Icon – Actor
Won Male Multitainer

Korea Broadcasting Awards
Won Popularity Award – Entertainer (for 2 Days 1 Night Season 4)
Seoul International Drama Awards
Won Character of the Year (for Startup)

5th Asian Artist Awards
Won Best Emotive Actor Award.
Nominated for Popularity Award (Actor)
KBS Entertainment Awards
Won Rookie Award – Show/Variety Category (2 Days and 1 Night Season 4)

15th Asian Model Award

31st KBS Drama Awards

Nominated for Best New Actor for his roles in Chief Kim and Strongest Deliveryman

36th MBC Drama Awards

Won the Excellence Award, Actor in a Monday-Tuesday Drama in Two Cops 

Won the  Best New Actor in Two Cops

Nominated for Best Character Award, Comic Character in Two Cops

Listicles
 Forbes 2021 Korea Power Celebrity - Placed 31st

Agency

Salt  Entertainment (since Sept 2018)

Instagram

Official Website

Social Media / External Links

Instagram

FB ( but this is a private account)

Naver

Asian Wiki

Han Cinema

v live channel

http://sccdn.chosun.com/news/html/2019/10/24/2019102501001946500135574.jpg

0000714073_001_20190306090802429.jpg?typ

(post still under construction)

Stage Work information with thanks to @ixxdhx81

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes!!! Come show him some love . I’m hanging on to 100 days for him.

I also like the assassin MY ( he’s got charisma too) 

———

Haha..same :lol: I do wish he'll get more scenes in the upcoming episodes.(but then I think he'll have his time in this drama) Coz I seriously don't understand them casting him for the second lead of this drama..have him attend the presscon and all that if his role would just be limited to this :phew: Oh well..I hope his character would be redeemed in the next episodes...those dimples need to reappear haha❤ 

And yes MY's got charisma too. :)

• 2 months later...

@triplem, thank you so much for starting this thread...
I have adored Kim Sun-Ho from the first time I have seen him in "Strong Deliveryman." I remember looking and trying to find out who he was, and where he came from... Turns out - theatrical productions... No wonder he is so good....

Still, my favorite with him is the short drama"You Drive Me Crazy" with Lee Yoo Young.
How I want to see him again as a romantic lead in a longer drama, and with an equally good leading lady.

%B9%CC%C4%A1%B0%DA%B4%D9%B3%CA%B6%AB%BF%

• LOL 1

• 3 weeks later...

@triplem, so is Waikiki already a done deal for him?

Kim Seon-ho-I to Star in "Laughter in Waikiki 2"

photo1015618.jpg

Kim Seon-ho-I is starring in the new JTBC drama "Laughter in Waikiki 2", which will be broadcast in 2019.

"Laughter in Waikiki 2" is a youth drama based in a guest house called Waikiki, which is about to go down the gutters. The first season was broadcast from February to April this year and season 2 is coming back with a whole new cast.

Kim Seon-ho-I recently starred in the drama "100 Days My Prince" and has been in dramas "Chief Kim", "Strongest Deliveryman", and "Two Cops".

photo1015619.jpg

source

• Like 1

@irilight I like both your comment and the news. :D

While I agree that he can do better than Waikiki, I am just so happy to see him in something I might watch (I don't really watch saeguks and dramas that repeat the same day for 16 episodes - I regretted it too many times). I haven't seen him since Two Cops & You Drive Me Crazy, so I kind of miss him. Talking about the bright side, if I understood correctly,  this time around he is the lead.

• Like 1

@triplem, yes - it is confirmed....

3f698005bdc942768d3e8d08a4e62e5f.jpeg?s=

“Waikiki” Season 2 Confirms Cast: Lee Yi Kyung, Ahn So Hee, Kim Seon Ho, Moon Ga Young, And More

After Lee Yi Kyung’s confirmation that he would be reprising his Season 1 role for the second season of “Waikiki,” actors Kim Seon Ho, Moon Ga Young, Ahn So Hee, Shin Hyun Soo, and Kim Ye Won have been confirmed to join Lee Yi Kyung, for a largely new cast.

Season 1 of “Waikiki” was much-loved by viewers for its new take on the youth drama, and even after its conclusion, many expressed their desire for a second season.

Season 2 returns to the failing guest house Waikiki to tell the story of friendship, love, and dreams. While the first season featured Joon Gi’s (Lee Yi Kyung’s) college classmates, the new installment brings in some high school friends.

Kim Seon Ho plays Cha Woo Shik, the first to fall into Joon Gi’s plans. Cha Woo Shik is a former unfamous idol and now-aspiring singer who’s hackles are generally raised. Falling for Joon Gi’s schemes, he invests everything he has and moves into Waikiki.

read more Here:
https://www.soompi.com/article/1290365wpp/ahn-hee-kim-seon-ho-moon-ga-young-join-lee-yi-kyung-2nd-season-waikiki

~~~~~~~~~~
I'll give a try - but I doubt I can watch it. I did not like Season 1, despite the terrific cast...  This writer's sense of humor is not for me.  
I'll wait to see what project he chooses next.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

@irilight I like both your comment and the news. :D

While I agree that he can do better than Waikiki, I am just so happy to see him in something I might watch (I don't really watch saeguks and dramas that repeat the same day for 16 episodes - I regretted it too many times). I haven't seen him since Two Cops & You Drive Me Crazy, so I kind of miss him. Talking about the bright side, if I understood correctly,  this time around he is the lead.

Hello @Hannahmiriam     panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif... It's been a while. Great to see you here... I have not been much on Soompi either.
I  thought he was going to be the lead, but he is not. At best - maybe 2nd lead.

I hear you too....  I'll give it a try - just for him... (even though I do like the three of them). 
God knows, I have watched the whole drama of Strong Deliveryman, only for him....

• Like 1

@irilight Indeed, it's been a while. I'm still on soompi, it's just that I comment less than I used to. Is there a first lead in Waikiki? Lee Yi Kyeong's character cannot be the lead, so I'll just think that Kim Seon Ho plays that part. :D Actually, I think the three guys can do better.

I have to admit that, while I like Go Kyeong Pyo, he alone couldn't have made me watch Strongest Deliveryman until the end.

@triplem I like Waikiki as it has a sitcom air, but I feel like the three guys are now overqualified. I see it as being similar to the School series, a starting point for young promising actors, while these three have already proved themselves - which I cannot say about the ladies. I would have probably watched it anyway, but Kim Seon Ho makes it a lot better.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 3:18 AM, Hannahmiriam said:

I like Waikiki as it has a sitcom air, but I feel like the three guys are now overqualified. I see it as being similar to the School series, a starting point for young promising actors, while these three have already proved themselves - which I cannot say about the ladies. I would have probably watched it anyway, but Kim Seon Ho makes it a lot better.

@Hannahmiriam, I agree with you.... That is why I am glad they are choosing new cast members (even thought, I liked the actors  of version 1. I just did not like the script.)

@triplem, I think this article is letting us know that new cast members will be in key positions.
Lee Yi Kyung comes aboard not as a lead, but in a way - to introduce the new cast members.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1294259wpp/lee-yi-kyung-opens-upcoming-role-2nd-season-waikiki

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time I saw him I knew he's gonna be big. Watch him first on Strongest Deliveryman, then Chief Kim, Two Cops. Some of his performances as stage actor.

Trust me. He's very humble man. Thanks god he got the opportunity to show his acting talent in national television. I'm very looking forward for his future career.

Thank you for starting the thread for him. I looged in to this forum again thanks to you. LOL.

Here's some bts from Waikiki season 2. In case you missed it.

Happy Lunar New Year from Kim Seon Ho..

He's so grateful in 2018 had a chance to do his first historical drama.

Letssgoooo! Let's meet him again in waikiki season 2!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They did the script reading for waikiki season 2 last month, but the news just released today.

Tbh, I have mixed feelings about this drama actually. Consider the first season was doing very well.

I just wish they have fun shooting the drama and don't have any burden. All the best for this one hope everything goes well..

201902210802300310_8.jpg

201902210802300310_2.jpg

And 3 Days ago Seonho Hada (Kim Seonho's Korean fans club) sent coffee truck as support for the drama.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He went to his fan cafe to express his gratitude to the fans. He said thanked to the fans for sending the coffee truck when the first shoot started. Because he had scene to take he said sorry couldn't take the picture with the coffee truck outside, instead he sent his picture with the tumbler as proof. With the gratitude feeling he will put more effort to become a better actor.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, ixxdhx81 said:

New profile pics with "spring" themes.

Thank you @ixxdhx81. He looks so much different in the top photo..  Thank you and @triplem for all the updates.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

He's (slightly) better at dancing now. LOL :lol:

@ixxdhx81, you crack me up.   rofl.gif

On 2/27/2019 at 2:34 AM, triplem said:

Agency update ..as we know he ain’t much of a Dancer but so cute nevertheless

It is very cute..

On 2/20/2019 at 7:19 PM, triplem said:

KSH will do well in whatever role he’s given  

@triplem, I am sure of that too.

To be honest, this drama is not my cuppa. I dropped Season 1 very close to the beginning. Funny that Viki is now busy bringing so many drama that DramaFever had licensed  and Season 1 of this is one of them. 

In any event, I commented on their page of Season 1, that this new Season 2 is coming up in March, and I'd rather they bring this to us.... And guess what ? They listened and now licensed Season 2.

Well, I'll have to give it a try, just for him....

https://www.viki.com/tv/36449c-welcome-to-waikiki-s2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, triplem said:

lot toilet humour that needs some getting used to

haha... I cannot get used it....  girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif
And I love Kim Jung-Hyun. And also like Lee Yi Kyung.
I also did not like Modern Farmer from same scriptwriter.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

This season is really double bonus having KSH join him - and it seems like KSH will be the central figure.

I think so too.  I read that Lee Yi Kyung is brought in to bridge the two Seasons, and introduce the new players of Season 2.