Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

9 hours ago, luffie said:

I just started watching Start-Up and I am having such a second male lead syndrome. He is such a cutie potato! 

@luffie, me too...... :wub:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun Facts About "Mr. Dimple" Kim Seon-Ho To Make You Smile

So, is his "Start-Up" character Han Ji-pyeong giving you second lead syndrome yet?

Korean actor Kim Seon-ho has been on K-drama fans' radar these days with his role as senior investment manager Han Ji-pyeong in ongoing series Start-Up. With his believable portrayal, he makes his character so likable, giving viewers some serious second lead syndrome as they're torn between Han Ji-pyeong and math genius/tech company founder Nam Do-san (played by Nam Joo-hyuk). The woman who figures in this love triangle is aspiring CEO Seo Dal-mi (played by Bae Suzy).

In this heartwarming, inspiring K-drama, Kim Seon-ho breathes life into the character of Han Ji-pyeong, an orphan who's street-smart and has top-notch investment skills and who eventually becomes successful with his job at a venture capital company.

Back when he was a teen, he met a grandmother (Choi Won-deok, played by Kim Hae-sook) who helped him out and gave him food and shelter when he needed them most. Choi Won-deok has a granddaughter, Seo Dal-mi, who has family issues and zero friends; to help cheer her up, this halmeoni (grandmother) asked for Han Ji-pyeong's help by making him her granddaughter's pen pal under the name Nam Do-san. Despite not meeting each other in person, Seo Dal-mi felt like she found a friend in Han Ji-pyeong and his letters have constantly comforted her even long after they stopped writing to each other.   

c7883b5c-91d8-4237-ab48-1362c50f950a_dsc 

Years later, Han Ji-pyeong and Seo Dal-mi finally meet. The catch is, he gets into a deal with the real Nam Do-san and asks him to pretend to be her pen pal. The fates of these three characters become intertwined as they find themselves in Sandbox, which is like South Korea's version of Silicon Valley, a company that helps start-up companies. 

With five episodes so far, it seems both Han Ji-pyeong and Nam Do-san are starting to fall for Seo Dal-mi, thus begging the question: Are you team Han Ji-pyeong or Nam Do-san? While Nam Do-san sure is handsome, charming, and techie, some viewers are also loving Han Ji-pyeong's confidence, sharpness, intuitiveness, and bad guy aura (well, minus points for his white lies).     

There's no denying that part of the reason why Han Ji-pyeong is getting nods from fans of Start-Up is that actor Kim Seon-ho is doing a great job with his role. 

cd9d1674-a38f-4775-824b-33b2dc99314e_sta

If you're team Han Ji-pyeong, check out the gallery below to get to know Kim Seon-ho better:

Read more about Kim Seon-Ho Here

Are you team Han Ji-pyeong or Nam Do-san? 

Lead photos from tvN, courtesy of Netflix | Background photo Henry & Co. on Pexels

source

• Love 1

Team Han Ji Pyeong here ! i stopped watching at ep 6, i can't handle the heart break, my poor heart. 

I watch his other dramas instead, You Drive Me Crazy and Catch the Ghost are my favorite. 

Hopefully i can continue Start Up soon...

:bashful:

• Love 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, luffie said:

@irilightteam Han Ji-Pyeong here... Knowing that he won’t be with Dal Mi makes me a tad reluctant to continue with the show. I can’t find many dramas with Kim Seon Ho yet! Let’s root for our Kim Seon Ho to be the main lead soon!! Fighting!

@luffie tean Ji-Pyeng for sure...  Who knows.. The writer may surprise us... Now that she realizes it is his handwriting, lots can happen.

22 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

Team Han Ji Pyeong here ! i stopped watching at ep 6, i can't handle the heart break, my poor heart. 

I watch his other dramas instead, You Drive Me Crazy and Catch the Ghost are my favorite. 

Hopefully i can continue Start Up soon...

@Niel2804,  of course, Team Han Ji-Pyeong here...    I am still hopeful. As I wrote above, now that she noticed it was his handwriting on the letters.... who knows where that would lead us...

I loved "You Drive Me crazy" to pieces.... And I liked "Catch the Ghost" very much...

We may be up for a new treat, as Kim Seon Ho is in talks for a new Drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

b9826db432c741248281e100abb7a56b.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Lead New Drama By “Suspicious Partner” Writer

Kim Seon Ho is working on selecting his next drama!

On November 10, an industry representative reported that the actor will be starring in the upcoming tvN drama “Link” (working title).

In response to the report, his agency SALT Entertainment commented, “Kim Seon Ho received an offer to star in the tvN’s new drama ‘Link.’ We feel cautious about giving an exact statement at the moment as Kim Seon Ho is still filming ‘Start-Up,’ but he will thoroughly review the script.”

“Link” is a fantasy romance and mystery drama about a chef Eun Gye Hoon, the role Kim Seon Ho has been offered, who sets up a restaurant in the town where his twin sister went missing 20 years ago. He finds himself randomly experiencing emotions one day, spontaneously crying and laughing, and it turns out that they are the emotions of a woman named Noh Da Hyun.

The drama will be written by Kwon Ki Young, who previously created “I Remember You” and “Suspicious Partner,” and directed by Noh Sang Hoon, who also worked on “I Remember You.” It is scheduled to air via tvN in the first half of 2021.

source

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@irilight haven't watched 2 latest episodes yet, it is safe for my weak heart ? i am rooting to Han Ji Pyeong too deep and it's only 6 episode i have watched

Saw that NDS and SDM already shared a kiss, ottokeee... and based on the preview this week will be bad to HJP, saw KSH said in 2D1N that he filming crying scene for 13 hours T.T

Me tooo i loveeee You Drive Me Crazy and Catch The Ghost, i think i like his character as Ko Ji Seok in Catch the Ghost more than Han Ji Pyeong in Start Up 

:2540_meh: 

NEW DRAMA ?!! Our Kim Seon Ho is busy and booked, i wonder who is the female lead XD, i wish i were her hahahaha

• Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

@irilight haven't watched 2 latest episodes yet, it is safe for my weak heart ? i am rooting to Han Ji Pyeong too deep and it's only 6 episode i have watched

Saw that NDS and SDM already shared a kiss, ottokeee... and based on the preview this week will be bad to HJP, saw KSH said in 2D1N that he filming crying scene for 13 hours T.T

Eps 7 and 8 were such a roller coaster of emotion. The spoiler on NDS-SDM's kiss you saw was on eps 7 and it broke every #teamJipyeong's hearts out there, but eps 8 was better. Jipyeong and Dalmi shared some cute moments there. 

5 hours ago, irilight said:

We may be up for a new treat, as Kim Seon Ho is in talks for a new Drama.

I also saw from some fan accounts that he sets to play in theater from January - March 2021. Wow he'll be so busy. I hope he won't overwork himself and, most importantly, won't leave 2 Days 1 Night anytime soon. It's from this show I was first drawn to him. It's nice to see the real him through the show. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, luffie said:

I can’t wait for him to be tge main lead.

@luffie, me too. But at the same time, I want him to choose wisely.
I am sort of lukewarm about this scriptwriter.

I loved Protect the Boss, but none of her other Drama.

13 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

i think i like his character as Ko Ji Seok in Catch the Ghost more than Han Ji Pyeong in Start Up

@Niel2804, interesting... I like them both, but I agree that at this point in "Start Up" they have not made his character very likeable. I hope that would change. 

i wonder who is the female lead XD, i wish i were her hahahaha

haha.. Don't we all..  No news of the female lead yet. I hope she is a good actress.

7 hours ago, petra said:

haven't watched 2 latest episodes yet, it is safe for my weak heart ? i am rooting to Han Ji Pyeong too deep and it's only 6 episode i have watched

@petraI am hoping we will have a nice surprise next week. Crossing my fingers. :yum:

7 hours ago, petra said:

I also saw from some fan accounts that he sets to play in theater from January - March 2021. Wow he'll be so busy. I hope he won't overwork himself and, most importantly, won't leave 2 Days 1 Night anytime soon. It's from this show I was first drawn to him. It's nice to see the real him through the show. 

@petra, he seems to always be busy...!

I have never watched 2 Days 1 Night (or any other reality show. But with your recommendation, I'll give it a try. You got me curious  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please pass this on

K-drama Start-Up has eight episodes in, and its love triangle is getting more and more exciting with every scene. Figuring in this love triangle are Bae Suzy as aspiring CEO Seo Dal-mi, Nam Joo-hyuk as Samsan Tech co-founder Nam Do-san, and Kim Seon-ho as venture capitalist Han Ji-pyeong. The three find themselves working together on a start-up company in Sandbox, with Seo Dal-mi and Nam Do-san as teammates and Han Ji-pyeong serving as their mentor.

Just a few episodes into this trending tvN series, viewers have been divided between teams Nam Do-san and Han Ji-pyeong, as both characters are conceptualized with likable personalities from the get-go and the character development for each is proving to be more and more compelling. Now halfway into Start-Up, viewers are still torn between the two guys, with Han Ji-pyeong giving many that second lead syndrome.

What are the things that give Nam Do-san and Han Ji-pyeong pogi points? What make them look cool, adorable, and crush-worthy? Who do you think suits Seo Dal-mi better? 

Check out the gallery below:  (Make sure to click on this gallery at the bottom of the  original article, listed in the "source" below, and then click on the right arrow below the pictures)

mMZ1F1Yd?format=jpg&name=small

source:

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@petra i still traumatized of R88 i don't want to repeat that heart break. Why i keep rooting for second lead ?! T.T, BTW i saw in Start Up thread that many of them support NDS, while in Twitter everyone hype HJP. The competition will be tough.

@irilight IKR i hope we get HJP character arc at least even thou he is not getting the girl, he change for the better *Crying in the corner*

about HJP new drama doesn't the story is similiar with Catch the ghost ? Missing Twin. I kinda hoping the female lead will be Shin Hye Sun, i think she is really good actress.

:happydance:

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

@petra i still traumatized of R88 i don't want to repeat that heart break. Why i keep rooting for second lead ?! T.T, BTW i saw in Start Up thread that many of them support NDS, while in Twitter everyone hype HJP. The competition will be tough.

Me too.. It was so hard to move on from Reply 88. If you've watched R94, I had a second lead syndrome too. I don't know why I keep rooting for the second lead :bawling:. The thing with R88 is that Jungpal and Deoksoun got together in real life, could we hope that would also be the case with Start-Up? :lol:

7 hours ago, irilight said:

I have never watched 2 Days 1 Night (or any other reality show. But with your recommendation, I'll give it a try. You got me curious  :)

Yes please give it a try. He's innocent and awkward in the beginning, which makes him look adorable, but has been transforming along the way. The other members are adorable too. 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, petra said:

Yes please give it a try. He's innocent and awkward in the beginning, which makes him look adorable, but has been transforming along the way. The other members are adorable too. 

@petra, Do you happen to know from which episode he came on?

BTW i saw in Start Up thread that many of them support NDS, while in Twitter everyone hype HJP. The competition will be tough.

@Niel2804Interesting. Of course, our dear  Triplem who started this thread is on Twitter.
I think that as Seo Dal-Mi is remembering his handwriting, she cannot help but also come to the conclusion he chose not to pursue her, and brought Nam Do-San aboard.  I think she may feel betrayed by both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

d4209db9594a4876aebf97d9ae7eb9dc.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Talks About How Popular He Was As A Theater Actor On “2 Days & 1 Night”

On the November 8 episode of KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4,” the production staff prepared a montage of past photos of each cast member.

In his montage, Kim Seon Ho revisited the past highlights of his acting career. Moon Se Yoon commented, “I didn’t really know who Kim Seon Ho was when we first met, but now that I see this, he seems like someone who has been slowly but steadily building up recognition.”

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho1.jpg

moon-se-yoon.jpg

Kim Seon Ho was asked about his popularity during his time as a theater actor. Although he tried to play it off modestly at first, Moon Se Yoon said, “I heard you sold out all the seats. There’s no need to be humble, so just tell us what happened.”

Kim Seon Ho then said that he had been like an “idol” in the theater world, with so many audience members lining up at the entrance that the queue went into the street. He said, “It was to the extent that the cars couldn’t pass.”

2-days-1-night-season-4-kim-seon-ho-1.jp

2-days-1-night-season-4.jpg

Kim Seon Ho also talked about becoming recognized as a TV actor. After looking at a photo of him in the short-form drama “You Drive Me Crazy,” DinDin said, “I heard that you went viral through a kiss scene here.” Kim Seon Ho boasted, “The kiss scene got over 10 million views on YouTube.”

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho-2-days-1-night-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, earlier this week, Kim Seon Ho’s agency confirmed that he will be acting in a play for the first time in a year. He will be starring in the play “Ice” (literal translation), which is set to begin performances in January 2021. It is a two-person play about two detectives who are trying to pin the blame for a cruel murder case on an 18-year-old boy.

source

Oh, this play sounds so interesting! Right?

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 10:07 PM, irilight said:

@petra, Do you happen to know from which episode he came on?

He's a regular member of season 4, so he's there from ep 1 of the season. 

On 11/11/2020 at 10:07 PM, irilight said:

Meanwhile, earlier this week, Kim Seon Ho’s agency confirmed that he will be acting in a play for the first time in a year. He will be starring in the play “Ice” (literal translation), which is set to begin performances in January 2021. It is a two-person play about two detectives who are trying to pin the blame for a cruel murder case on an 18-year-old boy.

I'm proud that even after he's getting more popular, he still chooses a theater play for his next project. He doesn't forget his root, where he came from. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@petra if the history repeat it self, if KSH and BS ended up together i will support them, i don't understand why fans were mad hearing their idol dating.

Have you read KSH story about him begging his ex not to break up with him during his military days ? it was sad, he kneel for 3 hours T.T poor puppy...

@irilight IKR DL must be disappointed, i hope halmoni step up and tell the truth. there is no ill intention from HJP, NDS and Halmoni, it's start with white lies, and turned complicated. 

it's tiring reading fans fighting about who is more innocent or sly between NDS and HJP T.T

:dead:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Niel2804 said:

petra if the history repeat it self, if KSH and BS ended up together i will support them, i don't understand why fans were mad hearing their idol dating.

Have you read KSH story about him begging his ex not to break up with him during his military days ? it was sad, he kneel for 3 hours T.T poor puppy...

Yes. I just came across that story on Twitter. Poor him. I wonder what the girl is thinking right now. Anyway, I hope he will meet the right one soon (if he's not already). Seonho our good boy deserves so much happiness.

• Love 1

On 11/12/2020 at 2:14 AM, petra said:

He's a regular member of season 4, so he's there from ep 1 of the season.

@petra, thank you very much.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:14 AM, petra said:

I'm proud that even after he's getting more popular, he still chooses a theater play for his next project. He doesn't forget his root, from where he came from. 

@petra, me too.  And I am sure his audience and fans reward him accordingly.

19 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

@Niel2804, OmG.  I have never heard that story......   Who was she? Was she an actress too?
Can you imagine how much he must have loved her?

20 hours ago, Niel2804 said:

it's start with white lies, and turned complicated. 

it's tiring reading fans fighting about who is more innocent or sly between NDS and HJP

@Niel2804,  Yes , I agree with you. There was no malice in all that. It was all done pretty innocently.

Too bad that fans are ready to fight over something like this. Sadly, is has happened before - here on Soompi Forum... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actor Kim Seon Ho Chooses “Link” As His Next Project After “Start-Up”

He has chosen his next project.

qnW8rqvYMMkxXE3fj5Cg833ZwhIP31lqkr-CPSV8

Actor Kim Seon Ho has chosen his next project after Start-Up.

According to media officials, “Kim Seon Ho has chosen tvN’s drama ‘Link’ for his next drama.”

knWgHI9yN_Qs-p09wkSulkaC27sDpHAzjeiMFyb4

Link is an emotional fantasy melodrama and human mystery drama about a man who suddenly shares a woman’s emotions one day and feels her joy, sorrow, and pain together.

Kim will play the role of Eun Kye Hoon, a man who opens a restaurant in a shabby neighborhood where his twin sister disappeared 20 years ago. He is known to be a handsome chef with a Michelin star restaurant who captures the attention of customers with his sexy appearance and performance.

ehpS2nimSSlMBDl2VoYMUN8XtktD0olxtLfvZ2Yf

But one day, he suddenly begins to cry and laugh randomly. He is shocked by this phenomenon, which he last felt after his twin sister disappeared 20 years ago. He then meets No Da Hyun, the woman who suddenly begins to invade his emotions.

Kim Seon Ho is currently receiving attention as an icon of empathy with his role in the tvN drama Start-Up. Since his debut in 2009, he has played a number of attractive characters and fans are excited to see how he will act in his new drama.

Spoiler

bzwVcLs5NGe7UsqD6c5GQ0g10f0Br4axYkpmpMkY

The drama Link is written by Kwon Ki Young, who is known for writing Suspicious Partner and I Remember you.

This drama is set to air sometime in the first half of next year.

source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1