Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Priest, 프리스트

Class is boring and I have this in my chest and I need to let it out.

Why is there a deserted lab / hospital right next to the hospital?

Being OCD, I was like... Why isn't the hospital doing any proper cleaning or maintenance????

What happened to the administrative work? 

:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

[Priest] PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Yeon Woo Jin & Jung Yoo Mi & Park Yong Woo

priest.png

Article: Naver 'Priest' Yeon Woo Jin X Jung Yoo Mi, prologue to medical exorcisms... will it be a hit like The Guest?   
Anchor

1. [+95,-4]
If The Guest is a scary story that my grandmother has whispered to me in the past, then Priest would be like my first time watching a horror movie in the theatres.. They are similar, but the story is different. Both have their own charms. I'm going to be a first broadcast killer for Priest too. 

2. [+46,-3]
I've always thought that Yeon Woo Jin is good. I hope he gets more popular. 

3. [+22,-3]
The female lead is a miscast. 

4. [+19,-1]
After watching The Guest, this one is certainly less interesting and less intense.. The female lead can't act too.. The makeup and details were certainly different. ㅠㅠ

5. [+20,-7]
I hope it becomes a hit!!!!!

6. [+10,-0]
Park Il Do made our standards and expectations too high. ㅠ ㅠ

7. [+9,-2]
Except for Park Yong Woo and Yeon Woo Jin, the rest all bad at acting. I thought Jung Yoo Mi is good at acting, but she's awkward in here. 

8. [+13,-7]
Yeon Woo Jin's acting is good, he's handsome and cute. He does everything. 

Spoiler

priestpilot.png

1. [+227,-8]
The Guest was definitely too strong. 

2. [+142,-10]
Maybe it's because we've watched The Guest, that's why we have higher standards now. Will they be able to win our hearts who have higher expectations? After watching the first episode yesterday, I said the same thing with my husband, "I miss Park Il Do." 

3. [+116,-5]
Yeon Woo Jin is really good at acting and is handsome. His eye for scripts are really.. And they released the drama at this timing.. But still, I'm supporting them. 

4. [+85,-8]
Not even half as good as The Guest...

5. [+20,-1]
They should've just made a season 2 of The Gue
st instead... The immersion is not even half of half of half of half of half of half of it~~~

6. [+13,-2]
Makes me compare a lot with The Guest. It's sloppy and more than anything, the actors are miscast. I'd rather The Guest 2 came out instead. 

7. [+16,-3]
This isn't even titled as The Guest season 2. Not sure why people kept comparing them. 

• (p/s: agreed this, ppl need to stop comparing like its getting so annoying, they should at least appreciate the priest cast and move on. :smirk:)

cr

• Like 4

I think both dramas are good in their own way even though I've only watched 2 eps, and am excited for the rest (that cliffhanger!) but I still like the cast from The Guest better. This one looks scarier with the floating/supernatural effects and without that cheesy scream PARK IL DOO!!!!! 

I noticed there was a bandaid on EH's neck in the beginning even though she only put it on after WJ bit her :huh:  am I the only one who's more scared of the operation scenes than the horror omg all that blood :tired: the possessed people are exciting to watch though!

that whispering voice in ep 2 sounded creepy when I wore headphones, felt a chill when the voice went from my right to left ear. WJ singing Bee Gee's I Started a Joke was so random lol

When WJ wanted water I thought of PID :lol: 

So these guys have their own hideout for exorcism compared to Mateo who exorcises right on the spot? Interesting

• Like 6

6 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Hahaha. Ever wonder how come the beds in the ward doesn’t have bedsheets? It looks like the kid just lay on the bed itself without any bedsheets.

I think it's some pad or something...

Need to rewatch again

• Like 3

I agree that the introduction of Priest seems to be lacking somehow compared to TG, although I must say that I did enjoy the two episodes. It is definitely less mysterious because the story didn't focus too much on the past. We only had 5 minutes about OSM as a child and that was it. Sure, we know that the doctor Ham lost her family and met MKS in the past... he might be somehow involved in the death of her family. 

But there is something that I am not sure if I understood it correctly: the child KWJ was brought to the hospital because he was possessed. But then later, he saw a demon (a former doctor without head, bloody clothes) who entered his body. This means that he was after that possessed by a different demon, or what?

However, in the special room the demon spoke to OSM and MKS and he knew them. So was it the demon who hurt the priest Ignatius?  

• Like 6

@bebebisous33  Yes thers two demons so far.. The first demon that entered OSM mother.. So to assume the doctor that was taking care of OSM motrher came back in a demon form and entered the Lil boys body not factoring in the demon that was already there. I tried to figure out the name that the demon had written on the glass but as you have it my glasses is broken so I can't make out the alphabets to well.. The very first demon is the one that hurt the priest.. I think he's the one that has entered the nurses body.. As of now theres still another one lurking inside him that has quited down for a while which could be the doctor..

I did enjoy both episodes as always OCN never fails to deliver.. 

• Like 4

After watching episode 2, I'm still on the fence.

For me to enjoy a story from the start, it must have a very interesting start of the origin or a strong background / back story to it.

Not doing comparison here with "The Guest", so don't get me wrong.

Can't really say I like it as it's pretty unexplainable with regards to the possession and it feels all over the place for both episodes.

And we weren't really properly introduced to the players of the exorcism business here.

By episode 2, it's not just OSM, Priest Moon and Dr Ham in the exorcism. There are more players here.

Coming back to the possession, there's no explanation on:

How did it happen?

Why did it happen?

How did it choose the victim?

What did they want to do after possession?

Like I said earlier, episode 1 pretty much give us nothing after the interesting start of OSM's mum and we were thrown to present day.

So what happened back then after his mum jumped down? Where did the demon go?

Then after that we were thrown to the grown up OSM who is together with the mysterious Priest Moon? And then we were in hospital and introduced to the annoying Dr Ham and another annoying doctor who keep watching her from the side.

Then enter young Woo Joo who was stabbed by another Priest. 

Woo Hoo definitely looked possessed when he was at the Priest's house.

But then we got scared the living hell out of us by something in his room and next we know he was running like an energized bunny, to seeing him eating garbage or rather some unknown stuff before confronted by OSM. So was he possessed again? This is unknown. 

The priest who "attacked" woo joo wasn't making sense either *cue frustrating sound* and then he died in custody. <_<

There wasn't any explanation yet as in how did Woo Joo got possessed. And why?

And then there's Dr Ham.

I'm irritated beyond words but I'm gonna give her 1 more episode to redeem herself with her disbelief.

Will I continue and watch episode 3?

Umm.. maybe..because I might find answers in episode 3.

Otherwise, I might bow out of this drama before I have many opinions for every episode. :lol:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

After watching episode 2, I'm still on the fence.

For me to enjoy a story from the start, it must have a very interesting start of the origin or a strong background / back story to it.

Not doing comparison here with "The Guest", so don't get me wrong.

Can't really say I like it as it's pretty unexplainable with regards to the possession and it feels all over the place for both episodes.

And we weren't really properly introduced to the players of the exorcism business here.

By episode 2, it's not just OSM, Priest Moon and Dr Ham in the exorcism. There are more players here.

Coming back to the possession, there's no explanation on:

How did it happen?

Why did it happen?

How did it choose the victim?

What did they want to do after possession?

Like I said earlier, episode 1 pretty much give us nothing after the interesting start of OSM's mum and we were thrown to present day.

So what happened back then after his mum jumped down? Where did the demon go?

Then after that we were thrown to the grown up OSM who is together with the mysterious Priest Moon? And then we were in hospital and introduced to the annoying Dr Ham and another annoying doctor who keep watching her from the side.

Then enter young Woo Joo who was stabbed by another Priest. 

Woo Hoo definitely looked possessed when he was at the Priest's house.

But then we got scared the living hell out of us by something in his room and next we know he was running like an energized bunny, to seeing him eating garbage or rather some unknown stuff before confronted by OSM. So was he possessed again? This is unknown. 

The priest who "attacked" woo joo wasn't making sense either *cue frustrating sound* and then he died in custody. <_<

There wasn't any explanation yet as in how did Woo Joo got possessed. And why?

And then there's Dr Ham.

I'm irritated beyond words but I'm gonna give her 1 more episode to redeem herself with her disbelief.

Will I continue and watch episode 3?

Umm.. maybe..because I might find answers in episode 3.

Otherwise, I might bow out of this drama before I have many opinions for every episode. :lol:

I agree with a lot of things you said. But more than Dr.Ham's actions I was rolling my eyes at OSM kidnapping the child from the hospital even when he was clearly warned against any such thing by his mentor. Dr Ham reminds me of Eun pro of Investigation couple by the same actress but still I am willing to wait one or two eps. Because people who are ignorant or inexperienced about supernatural things will try to deny the existence of such things and will try to make sense through logic. She has seen things with her own eyes now and it seems like she will get to experience it first hand in the next ep, so let's wait and see.

BTW why is the ghost/demon hanging around the same hospital? Why did the father thought so?

One reason I could come up with was that a hospital will have a lot of vulnerable people who can be possessed.

• Like 3

Personal opinions

(Had to take a day or two to process this series)

I honestly don’t hate the series, but based on what I see, I have a feeling that even if I continue, I may ended up dropping it along the way. The idea of having most of the story happening in the hospital makes it a little dull, and I believe that it won’t last long for me to say I will continue to watch it. It would be better if they could open the story spectrum bigger and not focus on just Medical and Exorcisms. It will become a cycle and audiences will drop off.

As of now,Priest is not giving me the urge of rewatching it. Like the idea doesn’t stick to me  that I want to watch it again.

Dr. Ham is a character in which she is a skeptic, but I don’t like the idea of her not believing in the priest exorcism. I mean if she doesn’t believe in all of these why work in a catholic hospital?  I think Dr Ham’s actress doesn’t fit in this heavy theme. Her face doesn’t give me that kind of feel for Dr Ham. Cause based on what I see, Dr Ham is supposed to be a rough character, who breaks the rules even if it meant being fired but her face isn’t giving me that feel. Maybe she could give more emotions to make it better?

Priest Moon gave a mysterious vibe, on one end he is a very good exorcism Priest but on the other (?) we don’t know who this side is. Then on OSM’s storyline, where is his father now? Dr Ham’s past as well. Then on top of all of the possession questions given by @mrsj3n I felt that they have given too much questions at the start and expects us to remember everything. The pace might be too fast (for me) 

In EP 3, the hospital will have a mass possession...it’s a little bit too fast..(Transitioning from a child to mass possession) that’s a big chuck of cake!(Stress)

Anyone wondered why they must have a glass pane in the possession room despite having cctv? Wouldn’t the innocent man behind the glass pane gets possessed too?

And the child’s wounds (Suspected As being harmed by his parents, not the actual stab wounds) it was never given an answer. Or I missed it.

Okay enough of bad points let’s go to good points.

I like that they did a lot of research on exorcism (Items used, the prayers) it makes it very realistic which is a good thing. 

The visual effects (Flying, on the wall) massively gave the vibe of The Priest(Movie) and The exorcist (I see where the writer is coming from) 

The props and scenes are great. There are some really artsy sets that are used.

For now I would give this series a 6/10 it will either go up or down depending on the further episodes. (Hopefully I won’t drop this. Please don’t disappoint me.)

• Like 3

[Priest] Ep 2 spoilers, Park Yong Woo x Yeon Woo Jin x Jung Yoo Mi

priest2.png

Article: Naver 'Priest' Yeon Woo Jin  Park Yong Woo, performs exorcism on the possessed boy..   

1. [+380,-22]
After the exorcism ritual for Woo Joo, Jung Yoo Mi's acting.. It feels like the drama isn't flowing well. Her tone and her actions do not match it.. It's kind of frustrating.. Did the scriptwriter make the doctor's character frustrating.. or is it because of Jung Yoo Mi's acting.. 

2. [+258,-5]
Been so long since I've seen Park Yong Woo. It's nice to see him again. 

3. [+204,-17]
Jung Yoo Mi ruined it. Her acting is unnatural and it breaks the flow. It feels like she's acting in those old daily makjang dramas with love fights. It's severe.. 

4. [+218,-42]
The Guest is better. It feels like they are trying to come out strong. But the drama doesn't suck you in. 

5. [+110,-25]
This feels like a drama version of the movie The Priests. It's fun. 

6. [+78,-2]
I watch dramas without having problems with it most of the time. But Jung Yoo Mi-ssi is too much.. Her pronunciation is bad, her actions and her lines were awkward.. ㅠ  Ah... 

7. [+65,-3]
Does she think she's a policewoman? How is she able to drive so well.. Her pronunciation too.. Ha.. I'm watching this for now for the priests. But Jung Yoo Mi-ssi, please don't be a burdensome character~ 

8. [+59,-0]
The doctor is a burdensome character. 

priest22.png

Article: Naver 'Priest' Will Yeon Woo Jin be able to save Jung Yoo Mi who is facing the evil spirit?  

1. [+99,-4]
They could've killed the spirit if not for Jung Yoo Mi-ssi. 

2. [+52,-1]
Airing this drama after The Guest.. T.T

3. [+40,-5]
Scriptwriter, director, do they know about this? This isn't scary and it's childish. What are you going to do? sigh.

4. [+27,-2]
I like that they did lots of preparations when they perform exorcisms. However, the female lead saw how strange the child is, but she isn't scared and isn't believing it. It doesn't make sense and it's tiring. 

5. [+55,-0]
Not sure if the problem lies with the script, but the female doctor's actions do not match with the flow of the drama. Just how many supernatural incidents does she have to witness? Why is she always trying to interfere? It's frustrating. 

6. [+16,-3]
I think this drama will fail because of the female lead. 

7. [+14,-1]
The flow gets cut off whenever the female doctor appears. It's annoying because it keeps happening. I was looking forward to this a lot, but I don't want to watch it anymore.

cr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Priest came out at the wrong time, especially after TG.That’s why people have a certain standard , thinking that they will get something like TG, considering the similar genre & expectations. So when it doesn’t hit the audience’s standard, they will feel like it’s a let down.:mellow:

• Like 3

@sushilicious I just felt that it was not properly introduced to the audience.

The characters.

The demons.

And I repeat, the 2 episodes... 

tenor.gif?itemid=10670915

And that female lead.

No disrespect to her.

But the character she is playing is really really very irritating. 

In episode 1, it's tolerable. 

In episode 2, her persistent chasing?

Her annoying persistence at the place where they are doing the exorcism.

Her interference during the exorcism.

It is unbearable. 

• LOL 2

43 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@sushilicious I just felt that it was not properly introduced to the audience.

The characters.

The demons.

And I repeat, the 2 episodes... 

And that female lead.

No disrespect to her.

But the character she is playing is really really very irritating. 

In episode 1, it's tolerable. 

In episode 2, her persistent chasing?

Her annoying persistence at the place where they are doing the exorcism.

Her interference during the exorcism.

It is unbearable. 

True, very true. I watched it with my family and we were commenting things like “That doctor! So irritating!” I thought that it was just me and my family’s personality but now that I see the comments then I was like “Oh, I guess we are not the only one.” 

Idk maybe Dr Ham’s actress doesn’t fit this genre, maybe she is better in romance? Even her voice I feel that it’s too...light? Smooth? Soft? And slightly monotonous (Not disrespecting her as well) I won’t say it ruins the entire thing, but it’s kind of like (Disturbing) like I prefer  watching the Priest side then the hospital side(Thinking that the doctor’s story is not even needed). Not exactly a big fan of the ‘internal hospital drama’ and the doctor’s mindset of their ways are right, while the rest are not. 

I hope that the story will not always depict the characters in the hospital. If not I will really give up on it. I know...it’s a medical theme, but I believe they could do better.

imagine different stories but in the same place no new places for our eyes to see...(I really cannot, I need some refreshments.)

• Like 2

I think the story will be for the most of the time focused on the hospital. Its a catholic hospital for a reason and the doctor and a lot of side characters introduced seem to be here for long haul. I too think that for a genre such as this if they are not going for a comedic treatment there are certain standard viewers expect. They are dealing with something so serious and I hope the characters will also show the seriousness in their actions. Agree about Dr. Ham's voice, I keep getting IC vibe from her voice.

• Like 2

Eh @sushilicious.. based on Wikipedia.. the genre is medical and exorcism.

Synopsis indicated:

A story about doctors and exorcists protecting people together at a Catholic hospital in Seoul.

So I think... we have to be prepared to see A LOT of exorcism at the hospital.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

-------

am i the only one who dont care of what knets says here? as they even get so pressed with  TG's female lead before, so what's new??loolimstupid.png

honestly, i don't have any problem with the female leads either. i know how jung yumi's skills in acting since ive been followed her dramas, it just people need to calm down and appreciate the effort from all cast. im bet people will open their eyes and realize how good she is at the end of the show lol.

• Like 3

@AlexandraReid no offence to the actress as I have not seen her work before.

Just the character itself for me. 

Hopefully when the character comes around. I will eventually like her(as in the character).

On a positive note: The Priest is another drama that I will not watch at night! Lol

• Like 1