[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

O MY GOD!! the first two episodes was hilarious and heart wrenching :lol::cold_sweat:. this drama has exceeded my expectation :thumbsup: i knew it i'm not gonna disappointed with the siblings' chemistry and also the bonus was the MOM!! Every actors did their best to bring the characters alive. i really don't care much about the ratings, but i believe it's going to increase since many netizen asking about how the drama is.

Episode 1 was so hilarious, while episode 2 was so heart wrenching to watch every time han ji min tried to save her dad, and when kim hye ja tried to face the impact of saving her father. it's interesting how the ending of the drama is written. can't wait til next week. 

the throw up scene was hilarious :lol: and han ji min nailed with just one take! :thumbsup:

poor nam joo hyuk he has to get pulled by her.

i really wish they release the making between the siblings got dorky together, son ho jun was really doing great to bring the character.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, eleine said:

Ep 2 is soo sad i dont know if i should continue watching it :( But I really want to see them happy at some point :( so i guess ill have to keep watching.

Im confused whats the focus of this drama from now on? Hye Ja trying to get back her young look? How the two still have understanding for each other regardless their looks? I kind of expected it to focus on how the two become successful in the careers they chose :( But I guess not anymore, now it focuses more on the time travelling and its consequences.

Han Ji Min scene at the hospital was crazy omg!! Her eyes got all red and felt helpless. Ok last post i was happy Nam Joo Hyuk was good again, but in ep 2 honestly it was all thanks to the director who got the best angle/lighting of him at the end and kind of cover his weakness. But hes certainly improved.

i believe it was about accepting reality, being grateful and trying to live a good life as hard as they could, just like her mom said. but well we don't know how the writer plotting this story, does hyeja got her youth again? does her father still going to die in the end? does her mom got her all expectations from her children? i think we should wait for next episodes, cos it still has a lot story to tell.

I love that sunbae confession scene, so funny. Bts shows the cast and crew are getting along so well. No wonder they produce a well crafted drama. Scenes that still make me laugh while thinking of it lol- sunbae confession scene, erotic film dubbing and that debt pronunciation and she is so boastful saying the word lol. It is really a good thing that this drama is pre produced:D

Episode 2 might be a bit sad but i do think the hijinks of hye ja being trapped in an old body will start next week. This is like ms granny but the opposite. I don't remember watching any of kim hye ja's past dramas so i have no clue if she will be funny or what. But the first 2 episodes was good. I will watch it again this weekend. I don't watch dramas while they are airing but have no choice if it is a han ji min drama. She is the only exception:wub:

2 hours ago, unknown12 said:

i believe it was about accepting reality, being grateful and trying to live a good life as hard as they could, just like her mom said. but well we don't know how the writer plotting this story, does hyeja got her youth again? does her father still going to die in the end? does her mom got her all expectations from her children? i think we should wait for next episodes, cos it still has a lot story to tell.

Bingo.  I believe that is the thrust of the drama too.  If you look at all the 'young people', they are all living half lives, not making the most of what their individual realities are.

1. HyeJa - wanting to be a news reporter but never really persisting in it (only tried for a bit and then gave up), and in the end throwing the dream away altogether.

2. HyeJa's friends - batty wannabe idol is still yet to debut after 10 years (she can't play the guitar but keeps toting it around - she can't let go of her desire despite having doors closed time and again).  The other girl is the same, just meandering through life with no goal in sight or drive to make anything of herself.

3. HyeJa's idle brother does nothing all day but just wants to eat.  He has a lot of growing up to do.

4. JoonHa is probably the best of the lot.  He wanted to be a reporter but gets sidetracked by his lot in life, saddled with a good for nothing father and an aging/ill grandmother.  Still you can tell he is not quite accepting of his lot, there is bitterness underneath that stoicism - when he confessed to HyeJa that he wished he had stayed in the orphanage and not have the responsibility of caring for his grandmother who raised him.

With Ep 2, HyeJa has now 'lost' all that time she thought she had to live a full life.  Of falling in love, getting married, having children, making something of herself.  What would she do?  Would there be any change in how she would live now?  Or would she mope and do nothing?  Then little has changed has it?  Whether she was 25 or whether she was 70.  Her mindset hasn't changed?  Will her brother change his attitude?  From the Preview he seems to be changing (remains to be seen).  Will JoonHa's attitude to life change too (after the grieving process) now that he no longer is saddled with caring for his grandmother?

It's an interesting concept to explore that's for sure.  I like it. :). A Korean take on Carpe Diem.  Can you hear Big Yellow Taxi playing in the background (in my mind's eye)?

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone.  They paved paradise, put up a parking lot"

The first episode was very funny, lead female plays very well its role I loved, in the second episode it was sad when she becomes old but I liked that her family knows the truth directly because in general in a drama cnly after several episodes they are made aware, even if they do not really know that it is probably because of the watch, I wonder how it will do to find her youth? especially that it's two different actresses for the same role, poor HyeJa
Joon ha very cute, the scene of the meetings put all the girls in agitation, it is on that it was not acting for the girls, handsome as he is
I guess in the preview when joon ha sees her young it's an illusion to the fact that they have the same manners probably,

Just started watching this with sub and 2 minutes into the drama saw him and  OMG Son Ho Joon and lol and I'm :love::love:

And I thought I would be for Nam Joo Hyuk but noooo it's SJH:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Okay back to the drama. I just paused it because.. I want to post this because  it's SHJ. :heart:

Ikr too much emojies but hey... can't help it.:w00t:

On 2/13/2019 at 7:11 AM, jongski said:

Just started watching this with sub and 2 minutes into the drama saw him and  OMG Son Ho Joon and lol and I'm :love::love:

And I thought I would be for Nam Joo Hyuk but noooo it's SJH:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Okay back to the drama. I just paused it because.. I want to post this because  it's SHJ. :heart:

Ikr too much emojies but hey... can't help it.:w00t:

Yeah, Son Ho Joon is so funny here.

And I'm so happy to see Nam Joo Hyuk. (The last one I saw him in was "Bride of Habaek" and that was so boring that it made me question my existence.)

At first I heard the news of both of them working together. I'm worried about the gap between their ages. As well as the acting skills of Nam Joo Hyuk. When I first tried it, I understood why PD chose Han Ji Min because she had a variety of acting roles. With many prestigious awards, her award-winning performance is excellent. Be accepted As for the performance of Nam Joo Hyuk, I think he has improved his acting skills more clearly. Making the work of this drama come out well Is interested in the positive and talks more during this time Because the role of every character that looks realistic, especially Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk, is in the same age range 

It makes the drama unable to contradict the feelings of those who watch this drama.:thumbsup:

There's a palpable buzz in the discussions and articles about this little gem of a drama in Naver.  I dearly hope it translates to ratings.  It feels like one those really sweet dramas with all the right feels.  Nice and comfortable, heartwarming stuff.  One of those underdogs that you can't help but cheer for and wish it well.  Go you good thing!   :heart:

Comments on Naver after Ep 2

cr.https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-2-spoilers.html

[The Light in Your Eyes] Ep 2 spoilers, Han Ji Min & Nam Joo Hyuk

Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Han Ji Min's side effect from time travelling... turns into Kim Hye Ja 

1. [+963,-12]
I was wondering why Son Ho Jun isn't the male lead... But he matches the oppa role so well.. ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+529,-10]
Kim Hye Ja did everything. Her acting was really goosebumps-inducing. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+492,-34]
Everyone's acting is good~~^^ I've been watching Nam Joo Hyuk for a long time, his acting this time isn't too bad. 

4. [+336,-9]
Everyone's so good at acting that I cried along with them. I'm curious how will the old Hye Ja get younger again. 

5. [+270,-5]
I laughed and cried. This is so interesting.. Joon Ha and Hye Ja's story... I'm curious what will happen next.. 

6. [+200,-8]
Han Ji Min risked herself in the drama today to the point that it's worrying.. She's such a cool actress. 

7. [+184,-6]
It's funny just by looking at Son Ho Jun. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's handsome, making him really good at comical characters. ㅋㅋㅋ 

8. [+156,-13]
I'm seriously looking at Nam Joo Hyuk in a new light... Everyone's acting skills are no joke... 

9. [+129,-6]
Yesterday's episode was fun, but today's episode was really sad. ㅠㅠ Han Ji Min's acting in the hospital was insane. Nam Joo Hyuk's acting has improved so much that I was surprised. Especially the scene where he talked to himself in the mirror. I look forward to the future episodes. 

10. [+115,-7]
Today's episode was sad. Nam Joo Hyuk's acting surprised me. He's really good.. 

Yes, this drama could make us cried and laughed same time, love Kim He ja family they're portrait the middle class families life very  well.

How some family member even called adult still depends on parents care, the way mother nagging their laziness is so spot on characteristics my community too.

All mother who nagging 24 hours nonstop but still care their live being and feeding them well is such heartwarming yet oddly Sad:sweat_smile:

I love the beautiful old lady who act as KHJ well her name is actually Kim he ja as well:wub:.

Who watching "dear my friends " must be knew her.

Archived