[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Radiant” Cast Talks About Time Travel, What They Learned From The Drama, And Why They Picked It

“Radiant” Cast Talks About Time Travel, What They Learned From The Drama, And Why They Picked It

Feb 11, 2019
by C. Hong

On February 11, Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, Son Ho Jun, Kim Ga Eun, and director Kim Seok Yoon attended the press conference for JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Radiant.”

“Radiant” tells the story of a woman who loses all the time she’s been given before she can use it all (Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min) and a young man who throws away the brightest days of his life by living a listless life (Nam Joo Hyuk).

This is Kim Hye Ja’s first drama in three years. She said, “The reason I didn’t do dramas for three years was because there weren’t any projects that interested me. This drama is something I’ve never tried before in my life. It is different from other dramas. That excited me.”

She continued, “I don’t think that there have been many stories where a 25-year-old suddenly turns into someone in her 70s. I had to think about how to express that kind of situation. If the director hadn’t helped me, I wouldn’t have been able to do it. He told me I could trust him.”

The veteran actress also shared that she learned many new things through the project. “I didn’t know there was such a thing as Internet broadcasts,” she said. “When we did that, there were a lot of outtakes and I would get flustered looking at the comments. I wondered how everyone could use shortened language and new vocabulary like this. It felt like speech was disappearing altogether. Now I look at new vocabulary and understand it, but I think this was the first time I’d had so many outtakes in a drama.”

han-ji-min-kim-hye-ja-xpn.jpg

Han Ji Min shared that she picked the drama because of the prospect of working with Kim Hye Ja. “The character in the script was interesting, but it was an honor just to be able to play Kim Hye Ja’s younger self,” she said. “It was like a dream to be able to share the same name and character as her. I have been watching her onscreen since I was young. I observed her to see her habits and gestures and talked to the director about how I should copy her. I would even visit her when we didn’t have any filming to do in order to maintain our synchronicity.”

Nam Joo Hyuk, for whom this is his first drama in two years, said, “I didn’t know it would be two years. But I’m always excited and nervous when I’m on set. Whenever I’m acting, I’m happy. Han Ji Min treated me well so I was able to film in a comfortable atmosphere.”

Kim Ga Eun, who plays the character Kim Hye Ja’s friend, said, “I was so nervous just to hear that I would be acting with Kim Hye Ja. Because our characters are friends, I had to call her by name casually. I had to practice that of all my lines the most. But she was very kind, so it was comfortable.”

Kim Hye Ja then complimented her juniors, saying, “They’re all beautiful and handsome actors. Nam Joo Hyuk is only 26 years old, but he’s a very sincere actor and I’m curious what kind of actor he’ll become in the future. As for Son Ho Jun [who plays her character’s older brother], I don’t have an older brother so I’ve never said things like ‘oppa,’ but when I called him that I could understand why that word was so sweet. Son Ho Jun seems like he’s playing around but is actually a very sensitive person who is not careless about what people say to him. I was embarrassed to call myself Kim Ga Eun’s friend because she’s such a fresh and youthful person.”

nam-joo-hyuk-han-ji-min-kim-hye-ja-kim-g

“Radiant” premieres on February 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out the trailer below!

I've been in a drama slump since I finished Eun Joo's Room, and I've been waiting for this since. First few minutes and I'm hooked. I mean... the 25 year old grandma, she's so funny, plus I've been obsessed with Coffee Friends lately, so SHJ got me into this.

I just paused the show to post this. Haha I'll continue watching it now.

I admit this drama was not on my radar because the initial premise didn't hit home with me but I tuned in and I am pleasantly surprised.  When you have a drama with ordinary people, the characters have to sing to make the audience connect.  And with the first episode, I am loving all the characters.  There is a sincerity and authenticity about this drama that leaves you all warm and fuzzy.  Yes there is the element of time travel woven in but the characters are what really had me invested.  This is my first time watching Han JiMin and Nam JooHyuk and they have not failed to disappoint.  I envisage this may well be a dark horse in the ratings competition for Mon/Tue dramas - much like Sky Castle was in the same channel.  I hope so anyway.  :D

I watched it full with subtitles and I am still laughing remembering some of the scenes lol. How do you pronounce debt wirh a silent b hahahaha. Han ji min as always nailed it. It is so much fun. The ratings is good and i think it will be better. A very relatable and heart warming drama

Wowow I didnt expect I would like ep 1 so much!!!

Decided to watch it bc I love Han Ji Min acting, and hoping she would help Nam Joo Hyuk act better like in Weightlifting Fairy when I totally fell in love with him (but NOT in other dramas he was soo bad). And it turned out to be really good. Han Ji Min is good as always, her character is so relatable. Nam Joo Hyuk acting is good again omg im so happy hahah, his character is so pitiful like Hye Ja said. And they definitely have chemistry yay! The way he looked at her at the end omg i melted haha

Hoping it will be a heart warming drama, but the preview for ep 2 doesnt look so good. Its usually hard to write time travelling story well so im a bit worried. Pleaseee let it continue to be a heart warming, kind of funny with Son Ho Jun character, and relatable.

Im having more faith with JBTC now after Sky Castle!!

First impressions

I love the relationships.  

1. The family dynamics with the reticent dad, the mom (who wears the pants in the house), the lazy brother, and finally HyeJa (who has this Ally McBeal feel about her - totally relatable).  Hats off to Han JiMin.  Her character could've come across as entitled and annoying but somehow she has me rooting for her to succeed and beat the pompous TBC news announcer at her game.  

2. The 3 friends - batty guitar slinging idol wannabe, down to earth friend who used to have a crush on HyeJa's brother, and HyeJa - their conversations littered with everyday girly banter.

3. The hairdresser mom and her clientele.  Who doesn't get to know their favourite hairdresser?   They are like family.  They gossip but they also band together to help out in moments of crises.

And Nam JooHyuk.  I haven't watched him before but there must've been special about him for him to win the Blue Dragon Award end of last year.  There's a sincerity in those eyes of his that makes his character quietly present on screen.  It doesn't scream 'look at me' but you can't help BUT look at him whenever his character appears.

Lastly, had I not read about the age difference between the 2 leads I would never have guessed.  I am totally buying their slow but steady romance.

I read this only has 12 episodes?  That's a bit odd but I will take what I get.  I think I need a bit of mundane in my KDramas right now, where not everyone is plotting to kill or poison someone else or has some hidden evil agenda.  :lol: A human drama with good hearted people just living their normal everyday existence is just the ticket.

The writer and director tandem has always only produce 12 episode dramas. It is okay as long as the pacing of the story is good. But it is just too short if the drama is good:)

Hye ja's friends are hilarious too especially the musician friend. That audition clip is funny. It is a fun watch. I hope the succeeding episodes will be good too:D Looking forward to episode 2.

Reception has been overwhelmingly positive for Monday night.  I am hoping this will translate to a ratings rise with word of mouth :)

8 hours ago, richelle said:

The writer and director tandem has always only produce 12 episode dramas. It is okay as long as the pacing of the story is good. But it is just too short if the drama is good:)

Thanks for this little tidbit of info :)  

Cr https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-light-in-your-eyes-pilot-ep-1.html

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Han Ji Min begins her romance with Nam Joo Hyuk 

1. [+1379,-80]
God Ji Min. Isn't she too pretty? 

2. [+852,-92]
Han Ji Min is really pretty and Nam Joo Hyuk is so handsome. They match well. 

3. [+785,-51]
It feels like a movie. And I like that it feels warm. Han Ji Min is really pretty. Nam Joo Hyuk's acting skills have improved a lot. Good, good. 

4. [+522,-76]
Nam Joo Hyuk is really handsome... His chemistry with Han Ji Min is so good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+363,-37]
Wow. This is interesting. Going to watch this on Mondays and Tuesdays. 

6. [+185,-20]
It's my first time watching a drama that sucked me in so quickly from the first episode. The samgyeopsal part in the beginning was so funny, and the ending scene left me in tears. Been a while since I have a drama that's worth watching.:) 

7. [+148,-14]
Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk's drunk scene at the end was insane.. I look forward to the second episode. 

8. [+135,-5]
Son Ho Jun was so funny. ㅋㅋㅋ I laughed so much. 

9. [+146,-19]
Please call 119 for me. I was hit by Nam Joo Hyuk's gaze.. 

10. [+130,-16]

It's my first time watching this. He's so handsome that I was surprised. 
- [+0,-0]
This drama just began today.

I only just started watching, but what a cool cast! Have seen Ahn Nae Sang in a variety of recent works where he plays a very serious (usually dysfunctional) dad, but his crazy role in High Kick 3 supercedes all. :D He's a great actor and I'm looking forward to him in this. (In whichever kind of role he ends up doing.)I really liked Han Ji Min in Familiar Wife, and ohhh! She gets to get her same mom back! :) That must be fun. And after seeing Son Ho Jun in Terius, I'm really interested in what he will be like in this one. As for the plot, well, Viki's only subbed 43% of ep 1, with nothing on today's episode, but I'll catch up eventually...

Ep 2 is soo sad i dont know if i should continue watching it :( But I really want to see them happy at some point :( so i guess ill have to keep watching.

Im confused whats the focus of this drama from now on? Hye Ja trying to get back her young look? How the two still have understanding for each other regardless their looks? I kind of expected it to focus on how the two become successful in the careers they chose :( But I guess not anymore, now it focuses more on the time travelling and its consequences.

Han Ji Min scene at the hospital was crazy omg!! Her eyes got all red and felt helpless. Ok last post i was happy Nam Joo Hyuk was good again, but in ep 2 honestly it was all thanks to the director who got the best angle/lighting of him at the end and kind of cover his weakness. But hes certainly improved.

Archived