[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

After the drama, Kim Hye Ja still hold close friendship with Han Ji Min.  She sent her a food truck to support her current drama.  :wub:

Credit to author

Below from https://www.hellokpop.com/fashion/han-ji-min-high-cut-magazine/

((Skip))

Han Ji Min also opened up about working with her senior, Kim Hye Ja. “She always lived like an actor even when the camera wasn’t on her,” the actress notes. “After the work is done, I like to talk to her as my friend. Talking to her is fun, and there are many things to learn.”

Han Ji Min for High Cut

(image via High Cut Magazine)

((Full article and click above link))

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2, 2019

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

Source: Soompi by J. K

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards celebrated some of the best of this year’s television and film!

The award ceremony held on May 1 in Seoul was attended by many of Korea’s top stars. Shin Dong Yup, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum took on the role of hosts again for the night.

The Grand Prizes went to Jung Woo Sung in the film category for his performance in “Innocent Witness” and Kim Hye Ja in the television category for her work in the JTBC drama “Radiant.”

Lee Byung Hun of “Mr. Sunshine” received the Best Actor award for television and Yum Jung Ah took home the Best Actress award for television for her performance in “Sky Castle.”

In the film category, the Best Actor award went to Lee Sung Min for “The Spy Gone North” and Han Ji Min was recognized once again for her work in “Miss Baek” when she received the Best Actress award.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Television categories: congrats.gif

Grand Prize: Kim Hye Ja (JTBC’s “Radiant”)
Best Drama: tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
Best Variety Show: MBC’s “Omniscient Interfering View”
Best Cultural Program: KBS’s “Journalism Talk Show J”
Best Director: Cho Hyun Tak (JTBC’s “Sky Castle”)
Best Script: Park Hae Young (“My Ahjussi”)
Art Award: Park Sung Jin (tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”)
Best Actor: Lee Byung Hun (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Actress: Yum Jung Ah (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Byung Chul (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actress: Lee Jung Eun (“Radiant”)
Best New Actor: Jang Ki Yong (MBC’s “Come and Hug Me”)
Best New Actress: Kim Hye Yoon (“Sky Castle”)
Best Male Variety Star: Jun Hyun Moo (MBC’s “I Live Alone”)
Best Female Variety Star: Lee Young Ja (“Omniscient Interfering View”)

Film categories:

Grand Prize: Jung Woo Sung (“Innocent Witness”)
Best Film: “The Spy Gone North”
Best Director: Kang Hyung Chul (“Swing Kids”)
Best New Director: Lee Ji Won (“Miss Baek”)
Art Award: Hong Kyung Pyo (“Burning”)
Best Script: Kwak Kyung Taek, Kim Tae Kyun (“Dark Figure of Crime”)
Best Actor: Lee Sung Min (“The Spy Gone North”)
Best Actress: Han Ji Min (“Miss Baek”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Joo Hyuk (“Believer”)
Best Supporting Actress: Kwon So Hyun (“Miss Baek”)
Best New Actor: Kim Young Kwang (“On Your Wedding Day”)
Best New Actress: Lee Jae In (“SVAHA: The Sixth Finger”)

Additional awards:

Best Short Play: Sung Soo Yeon (“Actress-1: National Robot Actress 1”)
V Live Popularity Award (Male): EXO’s D.O.
V Live Popularity Award (Female): IU
Style Icon Award: Kim Hye Soo

Congratulations to all the winners!

Source (1) (2)

May 2, 2019

Veteran actress Kim Hye-ja wins grand prize at Baeksang Awards

SEOUL, May 2 (Yonhap) -- Veteran actress Kim Hye-ja won the grand prize in the television category at this year's Baeksang Arts Awards on Wednesday for her work in the time travel drama "Radiant."

It is the fourth time that the 77-year old has clinched Baeksang's highest honor. She first won the award in 1979.

In the drama that aired in February, Kim played the part of a woman who loses her youth and travels through time to meet a man who throws away the brightest days of his life by living a listless life. She starred in the drama along with Han Ji-min and Nam Joo-hyuk.

The drama "My Mister" received the best drama and script awards, while mega-hit "Sky Castle" garnered four prizes, including the best director award.

Veteran actress Kim Hye-ja smiles at the Baeksang Arts Awards held in Seoul on May 1, 2019. (Yonhap)

Veteran actress Kim Hye-ja smiles at the Baeksang Arts Awards held in Seoul on May 1, 2019. (Yonhap)

The best actor award went to Lee Byung-hun of "Mr. Sunshine," and the best actress award was given to Yum Jung-ah of "Sky Castle."

In the film category at the Baeksang Arts Awards, meanwhile, Jung Woo-sung won the grand prize for his performance in "Innocent Witness."

"The Spy Gone North" was awarded the best film prize, while the best director award went to "Swing Kids."

Lee Sung-min of "The Spy Gone North" and Han Ji-min of "Miss Baek" received the best actor and actress awards, respectively.

Launched in 1965, the Baeksang Arts Awards are one of the highest honors in TV and film in South Korea.

brk@yna.co.kr

Nam Joo Hyuk is so sweet!!  Below extract from Allkpop:

NEWS

Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF  6 hours ago

'Daesang' winner Kim Hye Ja says Nam Joo Hyuk convinced her to attend the 'Baeksang Arts Awards'

njhjpg.jpg

Veteran actress Kim Hye Ja wasn't planning on attending the '55th Baeksang Arts Awards' until she talked to Nam Joo Hyuk

On May 1, the prestigious award ceremony took place at Coex D Hall in Gangnam. Kim Hye Ja won 'Daesang' for her outstanding performance in the drama 'The Light In Your Eyes.'

During the interview following the event,  Kim Hye Ja shared, "When I heard I was nominated, I thought an actress should only focus on acting, and I didn't want to feel anxious wondering if I will get awarded."

As a result, Kim Hye Ja wasn't planning on coming as her attendance didn't feel necessary. She told this to Nam Joo Hyuk, and he said to her, "Seonsangnim, let's not think about awards. Let's just go have fun." After hearing that, Kim Hye Ja thought, "Even a young person is speaking this way. It wouldn't be right for an adult like me to say I'm anxious about sitting there," and ultimately decided to attend. 

Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk worked together for 'The Light In Your Eyes.'

May 1, 2019

55th Baeksang Arts Awards 2019 - Dramas: Winners List

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1058569.jpg

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards 2019 ceremony was held on May, 1 2019 presented by Shin Dong-yup, Suzy and Park Bo-gum. Here are the winners for dramas.

photo1058557.jpg

Grand Prize (Daesang)

"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Hye-ja

Best Drama

"My Mister" - Kim Won-seok

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Seok-yoon
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Eung-bok
"Children of Nobody" - Choi Jeong-gyoo
"SKY Castle" - Jo Hyeon-tak

Best Director

"SKY Castle" - Jo Hyeon-tak

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Seok-yoon
"My Mister" - Kim Won-seok
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Ahn Gil-ho
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Eung-bok

Best Actress

"SKY Castle" - Yum Jung-ah

Nominees
"SKY Castle" - Kim Seo-hyung
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Tae-ri
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Hye-ja
"My Mister" - IU

Best Actor

"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Byung-hun

Nominees
"The Fiery Priest" - Kim Nam-gil
"The Crowned Clown" - Yeo Jin-goo
"My Mister" - Lee Sun-kyun
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Hyun Bin

photo1058563.jpg

Best Supporting Actress

"The Light in Your Eyes" - Lee Jung-eun

Nominees
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Min-jung
"My Mister" - Oh Na-ra
"SKY Castle" - Yoon Se-ah
"Beauty Inside - Drama" - Lee Da-hee

Best Supporting Actor

"SKY Castle" - Kim Byung-chul

Nominees
"The Crowned Clown" - Kim Sang-kyung
"Live" - Bae Sung-woo
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Son Ho-jun
"Mr. Sunshine" - Yoo Yeon-seok

Spoiler

Best New Actress

"SKY Castle" - Kim Hye-yoon

Nominees
"My Mister" - Kwon Nara
"Just Dance" - Park Se-wan
"Clear Tomorrow" - Seol In-ah
"Less Than Evil" - Lee Seol

Best New Actor

"Come and Hug Me" - Jang Ki-yong

Nominees
"My Only One" - Park Sung-hoon
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Park Hoon
"Matrimonial Chaos" - Sukku Son
"Romance is a Bonus Book" - Wi Ha-joon

Best Screenplay

"My Mister" - Park Hae-yeong

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Su-jin and Lee Nam-gyoo
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Eun-sook
"Children of Nobody" - Do Hyeon-jeong
"SKY Castle" - Yoo Hyeon-mi

Technical Award (Including variety/reality shows)

"Memories of the Alhambra" - Park Seong-jin-II (Visual effects)

Nominees
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim So-yeon-V (Art direction)
"Five Elements, the Origins of Civilization" - Kim Yong and Jeon Joon-woo (Cinematography)
"SKY Castle" - Oh Jae-ho (Cinematography)
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Yong-seop (Visual effects)

May 3, 2019

Stars shine at annual Baeksang Art Awards: Actors Kim Hye-ja and Jung Woo-sung were granted top honors

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

02204452.jpg
From left, actors Lee Byung-hun, Yum Jung-ah, Kim Hye-ja, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Sung-min and Han Ji-min, all winners at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, pose for photos after the ceremony. Kim and Jung each received the Grand Prize - Kim for television and Jung for film. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Wednesday was a big night for the film “The Spy Gone North” and the tvN show “My Mister,” which both took home top honors at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, which was held at Coex in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. 

As for the top awards for actors, the veteran actress Kim Hye-ja received the Grand Prize for actors in the television division, while “Innocent Witness” star Jung Woo-sung won in the film division. 

Both actors seemed to be stunned when their names were called and the audience exploded in applause for them while they walked to the stage to accept their awards. It was Kim’s fourth time receiving the prestigious award - she took her first in 1979. 

In the series “Radiant,” Kim plays an old lady in her 70s who is surprised by her suddenly aged appearance because she swears that she was in her mid-20s yesterday. As the story unfolds, it turns out she is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, a startling plot twist for viewers. 

Kim said that she was truly unprepared to make a speech, but she came to the ceremony with a page from the script of the last episode of the show. She read, “To all who are struggling in their lives, as you were born into this world, you deserve to have it all every day. Whether you have a normal day, doing nothing particularly great, it does not matter, because your life is worth living. Do not let your past, full of regrets, and your anxious future ruin your day. Live for today.” 

The prize for Best Director went to Kang Hyung-chul, who directed “Swing Kids,” while the film awards for Best Actress and Actor went to Han Ji-min from “Miss Baek” and Lee Sung-min for his role in the film “The Spy Gone North,” respectively. 

Best Screenplay went to “Dark Figure of Crime,” which is based on a real case about a serial killer who committed seven murders. Yet the detectives have a hard time investigating the crimes due to a lack of evidence and due to the statute of limitations. 

As for the television series, although the mega-hit JTBC’s “SKY Castle” failed to clutch the award for Best Drama, four actors from the show went home with awards. Yum Jung-ah received the Best Actress award, while Best Supporting Actor went to Kim Byung-chul, and Kim Hye-yoon for Best New Actress. 

The anticipation for the final episodes of “SKY Castle” was so intense that scripts for episodes 17 and 18 were leaked online, much to the dismay of the show’s producer. But it came as no surprise when Jo Hyun-tak was named Best Director for a TV Series. 

Best Actor, on the other hand, went to Lee Byung-hun for his portrayal of a Korean U.S. Marine Corps officer during the Japanese colonial era in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” Lee thanked his fellow cast and his wife Rhee Min-jung for “always being there for him and cheering him on although he wasn’t home much while the shooting [of the drama]”

The MBC show “Omniscient Interfering View,” which features assistants talking about their famous bosses, won Best Entertainment Program. Best Variety Performer awards went to Lee Young-ja for her role on the show, while Jun Hyun-moo received the prize for MBC’s “I Live Alone.” His win was deemed a surprise by many because the host is no longer part of the show due to his break up with co-host Han Hye-jin. 

Both stars quit the show soon after news of their separation broke in March. 

JTBC Plus and Ilgan Sports were the organizers of the annual ceremony, which was hosted by comedian Shin Dong-yup, actor Park Bo-gum and singer-turned-actor Suzy for the second consecutive year. 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived