[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last 2 eps were an emotional roller coaster ride for me. the cast and crew had delivered a stellar performance, this drama is going to join Memory and My Fair Lady (both dealing with dementia/alzheimer theme, both which made me cried buckets).

* the lady who like to keep things: the scene with her departed daughter and how she asked for them to continue mother-daughter relationship in their next lives.

* seeing the trio reunite at the nursing home. their friendship still going strong.

* the revelation of what happened to HyeJa, losing her husband and the accident causing her son to be disabled. 

* a harsh mother wanting her son to be independent and yet helping him learn. the misunderstandings that are finally resolved.

* forgiving the police officer. HJ set both of them free.

the drama started off with a light tone and along the way infused the message thru the various characters, main and supporting. seeing how this disease through the eyes of the sufferer and family and friends.

the cast and crew deserve all the applauses.

March 19, 2019

"The Light in Your Eyes" Ends Strongly

Source: Asiae via HanCinema.net

photo1044246.png

"The Light in Your Eyes" had a shining ending.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the JTBC drama "The Light in Your Eyes" rated 9.731%.

The drama recorded 3.2% on its first broadcast last month, but showed increase by word of mouth.

The final episode of "The Light in Your Eyes" ended up being three times as high and had a successful ending.

Kim Hye-ja (Kim Hye-ja) lived in happy memory. She said, "Life is worth living even if a not very great day goes by and not another great day comes along. Don't ruin the present because of a regretful past and anxious future. Live today. Like the light in your eyes. You deserve to".

Meanwhile, "Laughter in Waikiki 2" is coming soon.

Photos: HanCinema.net

photo1043701.jpg

photo1043704.jpg

Spoiler

photo1044243.png

Spoiler

photo1044244.png

March 20, 2019

“Radiant” Cast To Go On Reward Vacation

Source: Soompi by Y. Shin

âRadiantâ Cast To Go On Reward Vacation

The “Radiant” team will be celebrating the successful conclusion of their drama with a reward vacation!

The cast and production staff of JTBC’s “Radiant” will be leaving for Jeju Island on April 3 and staying there for three days and two nights.

“Radiant” tells the story of a woman who loses all of her time before being able to use it and a man who throws away his brightest days by living with low energy. Its star-studded cast includes Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, So Ho Jun, Ahn Nae Sang, and Lee Jung Eun.

The drama aired its finale on March 19 and achieved an average nationwide viewership of 9.73 percent, its highest viewership ratings since its premiere on February 11.

Source (1)

Source: Soompi

4 hours ago, unknown12 said:

they deserve the reward, however i thought it would be somewhere outside korea :confused: why don't they send all the crew and cast to go see Aurora Borealis, they deserve that :lol:

But just think how excited Young-Soo is going to be! :glasses:

Wonderful dorama. Kind and touching. Interesting and philosophical. Romantic (yes) and dramatic. The story of true love, not only women and men, but different love ... :wub:

The last episode is generally the most important thing in a drama. Here all the secrets are revealed at once ... Even the funny episode with the fictional brother of the heroine who wanted meat at the beginning of the drama became clear. And it is clear why she ran so many times behind the car in order to save the "father" ... :tears:

But still she treated her son too cruelly. It is wrong. She still did not make him strong, but she did make him unhappy ...

And the message to the audience in the last sentences was beautiful! No wonder that he was then read on the radio ...

And the filming of the drama was beautiful. Operator - well done! Especially, the final shots are impressive. Falling red petal, different seasons, sunset and meeting by the sea ... :love:

10/10

Just wanted to add some random thoughts:

누군가의 엄마였고 누이였고 딸이었고
그리고 나였을 그대들에게.

These are the final lines of the show. "You were someone's mother, someone's sister, and someone's daughter, and you were me. To all of you..."

I just love that this show is very women-centric. It's obviously not anti-men and it does not leave out the men's perspective. But it is very much about women's struggles and sisterhood in general.

So I looked back on all the Kim Hye-Ja dramas I have seen:

(1) I watched Korean dramas with my parents when I was a kid, about one or two a year. Usually long-running family dramas where 'Important Lessons' are learned. I thought they were fun, but really corny and predictable. It was like comfort food.

And then I saw Kim Hye-Ja for the first time in "Mom's Dead Upset." (2008) It blew my mind. It was truly GREAT. It was the best TV show I had seen in a long time, including American shows. I felt, for the first time, that Korean dramas can be works of art.

At the time, I had no idea who she was, or that the cast was packed with legendary Korean actors. I just thought it was a great show.

Thinking back, I didn't realize at the time how well it addressed the struggles of a wife and mother.

(2) I did not see Kim Hye-Ja again until “Unkind Ladies” (2015). This was also a very good show that I highly recommend. Again, I didn't realize how female-centric the show was - despite the obvious title. Kim Hye-Ja plays a mother to two daughters and also has a granddaughter and the story was about all the women, their different personalities and how they approached life.

(3) The next one I saw was "Dear My Friends," and you can just tell by the poster - which features so many of the famous older Korean actresses working today - that it is also a very female-centric show. (It is also great.)

(4) Somewhere in between, I watched "I Live in Cheongdam-dong" a long-running sitcom which was also a lot of fun.

So I just want to commend Kim Hye-Ja. She has a very good track record for picking great projects, but I think she also elevates every project she is a part of. I also think it's not a coincidence that she is a legendary actress who consistently picks projects that honors women in some way.

--

I also want to give a lot of love to Han Ji-Min. The first time I saw her was in "Padam Padam" (2011) which I thought was pretty great but I actually don't remember too much about her, simply because the show was all about Jung Woo-Sung.

I didn't see her again until "Familiar Wife" (2018) and she was so good! She played the same character in 2 (3?) different timelines. In one, she was bitter and sad. In another, she was happy and sparkling. She was so adorable, she just really popped. I really saw her in a new light after this.

"Radiant" really seals it for me. She was amazing. The movie, "Miss Baek" is also very good, too. I am her fan for life now, and I will always watch whatever she appears in from now on.

--

I also feel like this is Son Ho-Joon's breakout role.

He had good roles before, and he was pretty famous. Also, I think he is hot, but oddly, never really thought of in that way (in the way that Nam Joo-Hyuk is considered hot). Like, he's not in a bunch of commercials and stuff, it seems like? (That is apparently how Korean actors rake in the bucks, by selling cosmetics and phones in these commercials. They actually don't get paid that much as actors.)

But I felt like this was such a perfect role for him and he was so good in it, that he's going to become really huge after this.

--

I also think this was a great role for Nam Joo-Hyuk. I enjoyed his performance in "Weightlifting Fairy." But I've heard rumblings about how he is not a good actor, just a pretty face, and I also watched some of "Bride of Habaek" and it was so boring that I thought time literally came to a stop.

But I thought this was a great role for him, he was really good! This was a real career bonus for everyone, and I'm happy for them!

13 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I also feel like this is Son Ho-Joon's breakout role.

He had good roles before, and he was pretty famous. Also, I think he is hot, but oddly, never really thought of in that way (in the way that Nam Joo-Hyuk is considered hot). Like, he's not in a bunch of commercials and stuff, it seems like? (That is apparently how Korean actors rake in the bucks, by selling cosmetics and phones in these commercials. They actually don't get paid that much as actors.)

But I felt like this was such a perfect role for him and he was so good in it, that he's going to become really huge after this.

Son Ho Jun's breakout role in Korea was Haitai in Reply 1994. He did quite many ads after that (just type <손호준 CF> over at YouTube and they will show up ^^). Internationally though, he became more known because of Go Back Couple where he is lead actor along with Jang Na Ra and Terius Behind Me as Jin Yong Tae, a second lead role. However, I'm not sure if these dramas reached as many international viewers as The Light In Your Eyes, so I also hope that through his roles as two versions of Kim Yeong Soo (plus Lee Min Su), many more would take notice of him and regard him as a great actor (because I tell you, he really is - says the fan girl in me ^^'). His good looks come as bonus. ;) 

You can find out more about him in his own thread here: https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/338995-son-ho-jun-손호준-completed-drama-the-light-in-your-eyes-upcoming-movie-a-diamond-in-the-rough/?do=findComment&comment=21443108

== Going back to the main topic: ==

I felt touched listening to Kim Hye Ja's final monologue at the end part of the finale, but I began to cry at the words "so, to you who are struggling right now..." Too much regret over the past and too much worry about the future makes me miss out on the now and I'd fail to see it as a gift; to regard the present moment as truly a "present".

It also moves me to see my parents in a broader perspective, particularly by the snow-sweeping scene of Hye Ja and Dae Sang. I may sometimes feel that they have not done enough to make me feel the warmth of their love while growing up but love isn't measured by temperature (this sounds like a funny analogy, but I hope you get the point ^^'). It's more shown through the daily ordinary, sometimes unnoticed, things they do. Then I ask, what little sacrifices have I done for them over the years? How do I make them feel loved? This might sound a bit dramatic now but it's a question I should never ignore. They're not getting any younger, and who knows when death will come knocking at their door (or mine)?

What an impact this drama has on me. -_- :D 

Oh, what else do I want to say! How I like the shots of real actors on the set and at the celebration of the drama finale. From them comes such a warm aura. One feels that they all became very friendly and learned a lot from each other.

I hope all the actors and the film crew will go on vacation. I want them to have a lot of fun! :love:

Miss Koalaplayground mentioned about the drama with great praises

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/03/20/jtbc-drama-the-light-in-your-eyes-wraps-with-high-9-731-ratings-and-resounding-viewer-praise/

Dramabeans make a long 1-10 recap.  11&12 will be posted sometimes this week.  It will be interesting to read the comments too and see how some thought about the show and got whipped off by the twist...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/the-light-in-your-eyes-episodes-1-10/

Nam Joo Hyuk Talks About Working With Han Ji Min And Responds To Comments That He’s Changed

Nam Joo Hyuk Talks About Working With Han Ji Min And Responds To Comments That He’s Changed

Mar 21, 2019
by S. Park

Nam Joo Hyuk shared his thoughts on his drama “Radiant” and co-star Han Ji Min in a recent interview.

On March 20, Hankook Ilbo published their interview with the actor a day after the finale of his latest drama.

Speaking about his on-screen partner, Nam Joo Hyuk said, “On my first day of filming, Han Ji Min didn’t have any parts to film, but she knew that I was very nervous. I was really nervous since I was filming with many senior actors, but Han Ji Min helped everyone relax by coming to the set and talking with the director.”

He added, “There are many things I want to learn from Han Ji Min. I learned a lot while watching her take care of many people on set even though she must have been tired too.”

“I’m growing while watching the great senior actors and thinking, ‘I should become a senior like that. I should become good person who also takes care of everyone around me,'” said Nam Joo Hyuk. “She comfortably started conversations with me and told me, ‘Please treat me comfortably,’ while filming our first scenes. We didn’t film many scenes together, but she made many people think that Hye Ja should return so that she and Joon Ha can be together.”

When asked if he wants to work with Han Ji Min again in a different project, the actor replied with a smile, “If the opportunity arises, I definitely do. Not only myself, but many viewers also want it. She’s a very nice senior actor, so I want to act with her again.”

Nam-Joo-Hyuk.jpg

Nam Joo Hyuk then spoke frankly about the public’s reactions towards him. After receiving the Best New Actor award for “The Great Battle” at the 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards, the actor succeeded in gaining attention for his acting. During his appearance on “Radiant,” many viewers and critics positively commented that Nam Joo Hyuk’s attitude and acting skills had changed.

After confessing that this reaction scared him, the actor explained, “Many people say that my acting has changed, but I haven’t changed. I’ve been doing the same thing from the start, but sometimes I’m scared that people may perceive me as if I’ve changed.”

He added, “I’m slowly but constantly doing what I’ve been doing since before and working really hard, but I think I felt [scared] because I suddenly heard that I had changed. In a way, that statement feels heavy. Even though I’m working hard now, it made me think that I should work even harder in the future.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311642wpp/nam-joo-hyuk-talks-about-working-with-han-ji-min-and-responds-to-comments-that-hes-changed

14 hours ago, SonShinAe said:

Son Ho Jun's breakout role in Korea was Haitai in Reply 1994. He did quite many ads after that (just type <손호준 CF> over at YouTube and they will show up ^^). Internationally though, he became more known because of Go Back Couple where he is lead actor along with Jang Na Ra and Terius Behind Me as Jin Yong Tae, a second lead role. However, I'm not sure if these dramas reached as many international viewers as The Light In Your Eyes, so I also hope that through his roles as two versions of Kim Yeong Soo (plus Lee Min Su), many more would take notice of him and regard him as a great actor (because I tell you, he really is - says the fan girl in me ^^'). His good looks come as bonus. ;) 

You can find out more about him in his own thread here: https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/338995-son-ho-jun-손호준-completed-drama-the-light-in-your-eyes-upcoming-movie-a-diamond-in-the-rough/?do=findComment&comment=21443108

I didn't mean to slight Son Ho-Joon's previous success. I have seen him in "Reply 1994" and "Go Back Couple" in which he was the lead. I just thought (and I may be wrong) that he just wasn't usually cast as the lead. But I always thought that based on his looks, he should always be a leading actor.

For example, I thought he was the best-looking guy in "Reply 1994." Of course I thought Chil-bong and the others were adorable, but based purely on looks, Haitai was the winner.

My personal tastes, of course. (Please don't kill me, Chil-bong fans!) :lol:

Here to hoping this role helps Ho-Jun leap into the next level of stardom! It's definitely not his looks holding him back... :lol:

well i think through this drama every actor did their best to act out their roles. so now many actors in this project probably will have lots of chances to act in various projects. :blush: cos i read lots of articles praises their acting, not just main leads, for example, ahn nae sang, lee jung eun, kim ga eun (she's already got casting call for jtbc drama along side kim ha neul), song sang eun, even chanel grandma (actress jung young sook). good luck to you all.

6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I didn't mean to slight Son Ho-Joon's previous success. I have seen him in "Reply 1994" and "Go Back Couple" in which he was the lead. I just thought (and I may be wrong) that he just wasn't usually cast as the lead. But I always thought that based on his looks, he should always be a leading actor.

For example, I thought he was the best-looking guy in "Reply 1994." Of course I thought Chil-bong and the others were adorable, but based purely on looks, Haitai was the winner.

My personal tastes, of course. (Please don't kill me, Chil-bong fans!) :lol:

Here to hoping this role helps Ho-Jun leap into the next level of stardom! It's definitely not his looks holding him back... :lol:

As a big fan of his, I'm flattered by those kind remarks about Son Ho Jun. ^^ Thank you. <3

I also have the same thoughts about Haitai in Reply 1994. Looks-wise Baro comes in second for me, then Yoo Yeon Seok. ^^' My personal opinion, of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing him deliver some heavy drama in his upcoming movie with Kim Hae Sook and Nam Bo Ra. It's a totally different role from Yeong Soo. ^_^

===

It's amazing how unnoticeable the 9-year age gap between Nam Joo-hyuk and Han Ji-min is. I love the scene where the young-looking Kim Hye Ja finally reunites with her Joon Ha. It's the culmination of their love story. I won't describe it as "romantic" in the usual sense because it's way deeper; among their scenes together, it's my second most favorite, next to this:

Archived