[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

Ep. 9 Text Preview, translated:

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/trailer/pr10010994/pm10051122/vo10283071/view

[9회 예고] 너 이럴래 끝까지(!!)…어떡하냐? 너 비행기 못 탈 거 같은데?

샤넬할머니(정영숙)가 사망했다는 소식을 듣고 혜자(김혜자)와 준하(남주혁)는 큰 충격을 받는다. 샤넬할머니와 가깝게 지내던 준하는 조사를 받게 되지만 그녀의 행적과 자신의 알리바이를 말하지 않고 입을 굳게 다물고... 게다가 샤넬할머니가 가입한 사망보험의 보험금 수령자가 준하라는 것이 밝혀지며 혜자를 비롯한 두 사람을 아는 모든 이들이 혼란에 빠지는데...

After hearing that Chanel Grandma has passed away, Hye-Ja and Joon-Ha are deeply shocked.

Joon-Ha is investigated because he was close to Chanel Grandma, but he won't say anything about her whereabouts or his alibi.

On top of all that, Chanel Grandma had bought a life insurance policy and the recipient turns out to be Joon-Ha - when this is revealed, all the people who know Hye-Ja and Joon-Ha fall into chaos...

--

A few notes about Chanel from her character description:

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/cast/PR10010994/9

The show does not give her a name, she is simply called Chanel or Chanel Grandma.

She was always well-to-do, but her husband died suddenly. Her only child, a son, inherited her husband's business and unwisely tried to expand, but ended up losing everything. He moved to the U.S. to start over and took his wife and child(ren) with him.

His first and last gift to her before leaving was a Chanel handbag which she cherishes.

She was happy when she could write letters to her son again.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MsMinnieFran said:

Anybody has any thoughts/guess as to who the old man is, and why he is reacting JH the way he is?

No clue. :lol:. But I thought it was really odd that the timelines intersect.  As in, the old man was in the wheelchair with the watch in the Exhibit Hall and then HyeJa meets the young version of him at the Police Station (was he a policeman or a suspect or a witness? It wasn't clear).  Then she chases him down the street...and he disappears when the van drives across the street.  How would he have met JoonHa because he seems to recognise him?  The only crossover in the story so far (aside from the Exhibit Hall) for the 2 of them is the Police Station - where JoonHa's dad accuses him of falsely pressing charges?  How did his Father get evidence that JoonHa falsely accused him?  I thought that was odd.. Did his grandma testify against JoonHa?  I can't remember.  

^it was his grandma who testifies that he just made it all up reason why the night before she died, she said sorry. That is why joon ha's father was released and joon ja was charged. That is as far as i can remember:)

Thanks @richelle for clarifying that.  @MsMinnieFran got me curious so I went back and rewatched the scenes about the old man/young man with the watch in Ep 7.  And here's what I discovered on second viewing.

HyeJa is worried when the man doesn't turn up.  Goes into the office to try to find out his address and if anyone will check on him.  The conman then informs her

1. There was one time recently where he didn't show up for a month 

This prompts her to visit all the old people to ask about where he normally gets picked up and dropped off.  

2. Nobody seems to know where he lives.

She then meets the 2 police officers and return to the Police Office with them.  They refuse to give her any information and tell her it's pointless to try to locate him.  She walks to a shelter (?) where she tries to buy something from the vending machine and drops her coin.  The young man with the watch picks it up.  She gives chase.  But this is what I missed on first viewing.  As he walks past 2 other police officers, they salute him and he returns the salute..

3. He is a Detective? Or someone within the Police force.

He crosses the street, HyeJa is too slow to follow.  A truck drives past as he crosses the street and he vanishes.

Still no idea who he is or how he knows JoonHa.  But he is part of the Police Force.

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

Thanks @richelle for clarifying that.  @MsMinnieFran got me curious so I went back and rewatched the scenes about the old man/young man with the watch in Ep 7.  And here's what I discovered on second viewing.

HyeJa is worried when the man doesn't turn up.  Goes into the office to try to find out his address and if anyone will check on him.  The conman then informs her

1. There was one time recently where he didn't show up for a month 

This prompts her to visit all the old people to ask about where he normally gets picked up and dropped off.  

2. Nobody seems to know where he lives.

She then meets the 2 police officers and return to the Police Office with them.  They refuse to give her any information and tell her it's pointless to try to locate him.  She walks to a shelter (?) where she tries to buy something from the vending machine and drops her coin.  The young man with the watch picks it up.  She gives chase.  But this is what I missed on first viewing.  As he walks past 2 other police officers, they salute him and he returns the salute..

3. He is a Detective? Or someone within the Police force.

He crosses the street, HyeJa is too slow to follow.  A truck drives past as he crosses the street and he vanishes.

Still no idea who he is or how he knows JoonHa.  But he is part of the Police Force.

I've logged in to Soompi again, my last log-in was since 2017, in Father is strange thread, before Father is strange it was almost 5-6 years I did not posted in any Soompi thread. 

Here I am today, cannot help but wish to spread the love for the little gem name "The light in your eyes". 

At first I actually did not want to speculate or doing an anatomy of the drama, I love it so much I just want to immerse myself in its feel, the nostalgia, the uncertain future, the sunset and goodbye driving, so close yet so far.

Since we have only 2 weeks left I realise things starts to put in circle. nrllee might be right, the man wearing the watch might work in police force. But everyone in the picture is connected through the accident, a truck passed by and the man disappeared. Remember, we do not know who was the truck driver in Dad's accident.

We do not know what really happened after her last attempt, Hye-ja was able to save Dad but right after she woke up Dad already lost his leg in that accident. 

We know that Joon-ha had been working at a convenient store, he had other part-time jobs too. And in one of earlier episode we saw Joon-ha carried some heavy loads at a factory site, not sure where he carried those things, to a truck? Or even worse, has he evered worked as a truck driver? (I surely hope not).

Where was Joon-ha during Hye-ja Dad's accident? How was his emotion that day? Did he fight with his scumbag father the night before? (I have to rewatch the first two episodes to get the correct timing).

In Hye-ja's dream, she was able to save Joon-ha from hurting himself, thus Joon-ha did not call police to arrest his scumbag father. His Grandmom did not need to go to police station to testify for her scumbag son. Many things can happen, many IF can change their lives, .... 

There are little dots connecting, but yet clear. The only certain thing is Hye-ja and Joon-ha cross path, and once life of a person change, the other get affected. I just hope the drama lives up to its name, bring light to his/her eyes, bring hope to their lives. 

@movall welcome back!  :)  You're like the aurora borealis - appearing only when the conditions are absolutely right. :lol:

It has crossed my mind about the truck driver.  Good points about JoonHa's other jobs being a possible connection too.  

I don't have the time to backtrack to find out JoonHa's state of mind during the accident.  I am sure it will all come to a satisfactory conclusion soon.

@nrllee Thanks for the response. I did wonder myself if the police knew i him, and just marked it off as them being friendly. It is possibly that he could be part of the force.

It is interesting that the show didn't reveal, what happened during the accident, before she woke up into an old grandmother. The last two times i wondered why they didn't reveal something, it was connected to some other reveal later on...namely,  where JH worked...(HJ was shocked to find out later on), and the self harm incident to frame his father (reveal was part of the dream sequence.)

I think there is still alot of mystery surrounding JH. It seems like things keep happening to him, and he doesn't know what is going on, but i do wonder sometimes, how much he does and doesn't know.

Thank you @nrllee for the warm welcome :)  Bwahha, and thanks for the aurora borealis comment, I take it as compliment then :) Appear only when feelings hit the right note :)

@richelle, I love that scene too, in my opinion, the best riding scene in Kdramas recent years.

With what they've been showing in 8 episodes, I believe in writer and PD-nim, they will give us good final 4. 

Btw, I'm so happy with ratings jump to 8.447 % How impressive! Korean viewers love the show too. 

Haven't watched ep 9 yet because Viki has been SO slow to post and sub this one. I see it's up now, though, so I'll catch up. But yeah...I can see where some are finding it a bit slow. I think it's because it felt like the drama was promising one thing in the beginning, but now it's delivering another. It was funny and light at first, but now it's deadly serious--not just in that it discusses the problems faced with ageing, but even just in the family dynamic, where they are all a bit depressed. Not every story has to be a love story, but it felt very much set up to be one at first,  and it's not turning out that way at all. There are things I really like about it, and I think it's trying to say something, but at this point I'm still hoping all the pieces come together in a way that is satisfying and makes sense. I think the cast is fantastic, though, no question about that for me.

I personally think that the show is extremely romantic.

That wistful, heartbreaking way that Joon-Ha’s face looks when he remembers the short time they had together is unbearably romantic to me. He loved her, and she was already his everything. And then she disappeared.

They can’t be together now as a couple, but they are truly together in spirit, because he may not know it, but she is actually watching over him very close by (in the form of an older woman). They can’t be young lovers right now, but their hearts are still reaching towards each other.

All the problems he has now - resentment towards his parents, self-esteem and anger issues - were always there. She gets to see him from a different perspective, and they interact with each other differently, than if she had stayed young.

They are there for each other through tough times. They're about to deal with a terrible crisis, and they'll lean on each other. It's beautiful. I really love this show.

March 9, 2019

Kim Hye Ja And Nam Joo Hyuk Show Special Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Radiant”

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Kim Hye Ja And Nam Joo Hyuk Show Special Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of âRadiantâ

Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk from JTBC’s “Radiant” are mesmerizing viewers with their special synergy that goes beyond the generations.

The drama recently broke its personal viewership ratings record and continues to awe its viewers with a splendid cast and story.

Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk worked together with a unique chemistry on the filming set in order to create touching scenes. In one of the released behind-the-scene photos, Kim Hye Ja can be seen with a script in her hand. During break, the veteran actress warms the set with her doting smile, but once the camera turns on, she fully immerses into her character. Nam Joo Hyuk looks closely at her performance with respect. The actor’s sincere personality to not miss any details is the driving force behind his acting in “Radiant.”

Kim Hye Ja also gazes at Nam Joo Hyuk with content. She treats him with consideration and sends him a supportive smile. Earlier, Kim Hye Ja expressed her expectations and affection for Nam Joo Hyuk, saying, “I want to see what kind of actor he’s going to become.” Nam Joo Hyuk had also revealed, “It’s a happy filming scene where I can learn a lot.”

Their affection and trust for each other lead to synergy in the drama. When they rehearse, they portray their respective characters with sincerity, and when they’re not filming, they smile brightly without a hint of exhaustion.

nam-joo-hyuk-kim-hye-ja-2.jpg

The production crew praised, “The presence of actor Kim Hye Ja has created a unique synergy on the set. In particular, the teamwork between Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk has a crucial flow of emotions that goes beyond the generations. With only four episodes left until the end, crisis and changes are imminent for their characters. We hope you will watch until the end.”

Episode 9 of “Radiant” will air on March 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

I hope the last 4 episodes will be much better and all those questions will be answered. May the writer tie all the loose ends nicely. Last 2 episodes were too slow in tems of story development. Hoping for the best 4 episodes:)

Archived