Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

One scene that gave me an insight into why I think there's more depth in YoungSoo is the one where he wakes up and sees the stars he accumulated and then he replays the recording of HyeJa.  You see him sobbing.  That's a glimpse into his real feelings.  He was just as affected as everyone else...everyone dealt with it the best way they knew how.  Her dad by withdrawing (he is plainly guilt ridden and in a lot of pain).  Her Mom in her usual 'life must go on' way.  YoungSoo hid his grief behind his cavalier man-child ways.

Tear jerker scenes

1. When dad tried to fix the water heater. O it broke my heart to see him reduced to that state (he was trying to be useful). and then to have his Wife yell at him for his incompetence just made it worse.  He's a man who has lost his dignity (nothing has been said about why he's lost his job as a taxi driver and why he is now limping - there's a story there).  :tears:

2. When YoungSoo saw his Sister become the subject of ridicule in the video and sobbed (like she's some oddity/freak for people to ogle at) :tears:

3. When JoonHa's loneliness and circumstance caused him to pour his heart out to young HyeJa as she stopped him from taking it out on himself.  Sometimes you just need someone to tell you it's not your fault, that life just sucks.  To provide perspective and hope in a dark place. :tears:

4. When HyeJa reached out to Chanel and saw her plight and reached out with a hand of friendship and understanding. :tears:

5. HyeJa is growing up mentally in her 'old' state.  She could see all these things she never saw before with her young eyes.  When you are forced to slow down, you will pick things up that you never noticed before.  :tears:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

One scene that gave me an insight into why I think there's more depth in YoungSoo is the one where he wakes up and sees the stars he accumulated and then he replays the recording of HyeJa.  You see him sobbing.  That's a glimpse into his real feelings.  He was just as affected as everyone else...everyone dealt with it the best way they knew how.  Her dad by withdrawing (he is plainly guilt ridden and in a lot of pain).  Her Mom in her usual 'life must go on' way.  YoungSoo hid his grief behind his cavalier man-child ways.

Tear jerker scenes

1. When dad tried to fix the water heater. O it broke my heart to see him reduced to that state (he was trying to be useful). and then to have his Wife yell at him for his incompetence just made it worse.  He's a man who has lost his dignity (nothing has been said about why he's lost his job as a taxi driver and why he is now limping - there's a story there).  :tears:

2. When YoungSoo saw his Sister become the subject of ridicule in the video and sobbed (like she's some oddity/freak for people to ogle at) :tears:

3. When JoonHa's loneliness and circumstance caused him to pour his heart out to young HyeJa as she stopped him from taking it out on himself.  Sometimes you just need someone to tell you it's not your fault, that life just sucks.  To provide perspective and hope in a dark place. :tears:

4. When HyeJa reached out to Chanel and saw her plight and reached out with a hand of friendship and understanding. :tears:

5. HyeJa is growing up mentally in her 'old' state.  She could see all these things she never saw before with her young eyes.  When you are forced to slow down, you will pick things up that you never noticed before.  :tears:

Re the highlighted. I think there is a story there too. It could be that they haven't mentioned it, because it is connected to some other big reveal in later episodes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

he's lost his job as a taxi driver and why he is now limping - there's a story there).  :tears:

What I think of, we know that Hye Ja saved her father's life in time to make him not die. But getting an accident, not sure if wearing an artificial leg or not Because when her mother begged him to take off the socks, he resisted Canceling a taxi driving career as well, he may not have enough money to repair or buy a new car. With the physical condition that is not ready, he cannot help the family fully as before. The event that happened, it may cause him to become a depressed person as well.:(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

is that a real app or something (or just made for the dramas?) - those live shows the brother does with people giving him those star candy things? I noticed that is also in Laughter In Waikiki and My ID Is Gangnam Beauty. Those comments always crack me up :joy: 

ep 5 was funny when that old guy started hitting on Hye Ja and when Young Soo wanted to go to the buffet too :lol:

ep 6 "I should've kissed him" - Hye Ja. LOL

• Like 7

I already accepted that the young kim hye ja's time with joon ha is only a dream lol. I think because she has learned of what really happend to joon ha, in her subconscious mind, that is what she really wishes to do if she did not altered the time. But that dream is enough. Not sure how the old hye ja will be able to manipulate the time and be with joon ha. I expect the writers to be creative on that:) Appreciate the inputs of the residents here, so insightful. Thank you chinggus:D

• Like 3

Below extract from soompi:

Nam Joo Hyuk Is The Perfect Gentleman While Filming “Radiant” Date Scene With Han Ji Min

Mar 3, 2019
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Radiant” has unveiled adorable new photos of its stars Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min filming their romantic date scene!

“Radiant” is a new time-travel drama starring Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min as would-be lovers for whom things go awry. In order to save her father, Kim Hye Ja (played by Han Ji Min) uses her ability to travel through time and ends up accidentally trapped in an older version of herself (played by veteran actress Kim Hye Ja), whom Lee Joon Ha (played by Nam Joo Hyuk) does not recognize.

Spoiler

The latest episode of the drama featured a dream sequence in which Kim Hye Ja magically transformed back into the 25-year-old version of herself. In her dream, Kim Hye Ja happily reunited with Lee Joon Ha for an ordinary but blissfully romantic date—only to wake up and burst into tears after realizing that it had all been a dream.

On March 2, “Radiant” released new behind-the-scenes photos of Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min filming their date scene together. The couple’s chemistry shines through even when the cameras aren’t rolling, and according to the production staff, the two co-stars couldn’t stop smiling as they prepared to shoot the romantic scene. They also continuously chatted with one another between takes, discussing every detail of the scene in order to realistically capture the emotions of the moment.

Later on, when evening fell and the weather became chilly, Nam Joo Hyuk impressed the cast and crew by thoughtfully taking off his jacket for Han Ji Min to protect her from the cold.

Nam-Joo-Hyuk-Han-Ji-Min-2.jpgNam-Joo-Hyuk-Han-Ji-Min-3.jpg

The producers of “Radiant” commented, “The scene in which Hye Ja and Joon Ha reunite in [Hye Ja’s] dreams is an important turning point in the drama. As it was a scene that included both heart-fluttering romance and tearful heartache, Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk worked impressively hard to not miss a single detail of their characters’ emotions, and they discussed [the scene] ceaselessly with one another. Through their passionate acting, the two stars created an amazing, emotionally moving scene that will be talked about for a long time.”

Nam-Joo-Hyuk-Han-Ji-Min-4.jpg

The next episode of “Radiant” will air on March 4 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

is the younger version back? r we going to see romance between old lady and NJH?

when does the romance begin between original leads

Some of these replies are purely my opinion, not sure how the writer will pen the second half.

No I don't think the younger version is back.  Unless we go along with the lines of a parallel universe.  It was a dream.

I doubt we will see romance between the old lady and JoonHa.

Err the romance is already there (sort of?) - maybe more in HyeJa's mind seeing the last episode seemed more like a replay of what 'could have been'.  I am not even sure the romance between the young leads will be penned in at the end.  It may be the case of it being 'suggested' but never realized, should HyeJa remain in her old body.  Although the Watch resurfacing at the end in Ep 6 seems to suggest that we may get a time shift again.  I don't really mind either way.  I am just enjoying the ride and the punchy messages strewn along the way. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

can someone explain what is happening in this show..

is the younger version back? r we going to see romance between old lady and NJH?

when does the romance begin between original leads

And here is my opinion. I wouldn't say the younger HJ is back as yet. I think JH (or most 26 year old men) would probably find romance with 70 year old a bit weird, so i highly doubt that the show is going that direction.

I think (up to this point) this show has pretty much the same romance formula, as most romance shows:

1.Boy and girl meets... ( they have met)

2.Boy and girl may have liked each other (they have connected with each other, and hj pretty much said she likes him.)

3.Boy and girl have difficulties getting together...(well i don't know what is more difficult than being in a 70 year old body. Plus JH has his own problems)

4.Boy and girl overcome those difficulties (yet to be seen)

5.Boy and girl gets together (yet to be seen)

I think the romance has already began, just paused for a bit. In the meantime, older HJ can connect with JH in a more friendly sort of way.

I didn't want to say this, because this show is so unpredictable... I don't know, but i feel like the dream, could have been more than a (fan service) dream by HJ. Let me leave it at that.

From the soompi article posted above:

The producers of “Radiant” commented, “The scene in which Hye Ja and Joon Ha reunite in [Hye Ja’s] dreams is an important turning point in the drama.

• Like 6

After HJ in the old age woke up from the dream, she found JH on the car. She looked at him with a sparkling eye of happiness, but he stared at her with facial expressions and twinkling eyes, wondering about She has something in the heart that makes him unable to speak it. It seems that between him and her is attracting feelings towards each other.:wub:

With the eyes of both of them that I saw, it made me want to tell that feeling:)

• Like 4

It is affecting me a little why there is so much bts between hjm and njh instead of khj (i am not complaining cos i am happy to see the bts cos i am bias of hjm).  But this drama clearly is a tribute to khj.  Then i came upon a Korean article (not very accurate but good enough using google translate) and mention more about khj.

https://mnews.joins.com/article/23400533#home

• Like 4

It's Monday again yay. Episodes 7 and 8. I swear I will not visit this thread if I have not watched the subtited episode first. Spoilers is killing the mood for me lol

• LOL 4

I accidentally crept up on this drama, as the two main leads are my favorite.

Then the drama took a turn and suddenly the story line with the older actress dominated the show for like four episodes. The ratings dipped and people were beginning to get a little frustrated with the drama. But I am sticking with it, as I see why the writer is going in this direction.

Older HY. I do feel the writer wasted too much time on her feeling sorry for herself and wanting to die, then deciding not to die, but constantly dipping into other people's business. Episode 6 was the best episode with the older actress. She finally realized a purpose and how she could somehow help people. However, it was time to bring younger HY back, because the story was losing a bit of its fire. 

The one character that I do not like is the brother. I know everyone is singing the praises of SHJ, and I enjoy him as an actor, but his character in this drama SUCKS. He is the oldest son and he is a bum. Both of his parents are struggling to the point of exhaustion and depression and he just sits in his room doing ridiculous things online to try and scourge food. It's shameful. Why doesn't he work? Why isn't he in school? Why is he allowed to be a bum? Why are both of his parents okay with this? I feel like this stems from the father. The father sits back and watches things happen, but offers no solution, nor does he show the ability to help out. So, the main breadwinner and responsible adult for the entire family is the mother. I get the feeling working in a salon and having to deal with how laborious that is was not how she planned to spend her life. I think she had high hopes that her daughter would somehow get a job as an announcer and save her from so much responsibility. So, when she suddenly became old, it was yet another adult that she would have to feed and take care of. This is why the mom is sometimes mean and why she at times emasculates her husband. He doesn't do or say anything and she wants help.

So, the only thing that father can do is shower his daughter with love because she looks at him with innocent and young eyes and doesn't realize how hard her mother has it. Old HY is just figuring that out, which is why she scolds her father and asks him to be good to her mother.

As far as the time turning. No matter the type of drama or movie, time is one thing that us humans aren't supposed to mess with. If we do, there will surely be consequences. I think that things will eventually go back to the way things were, but it will take some time due to the fact that HY went back in time so many times to try and save her father. I think she will get the opportunity to save him again, but it will be up to him to decide if he wants to live or allow fate to take him. She and JH will be able to put themselves in a better position to realize their dreams. I think it was in episode one or two where he asks her what she's doing to become an announcer? She gets upset with him because she realizes that she hasn't done anything to make it happen. In fact, she was becoming like her brother. Upon that realization, she decides to give it up because she doesn't have the confidence to keep going. Honestly, that is when everything changed. When she decided to give up. When old HY saw JH working at the senior center and she got upset that he was no longer trying to be a reporter, I couldn't help but remember her giving it up as well. He should've made her promise to not give it up.

I look forward to the direction the writers will go in from here, but this is one interesting drama.

• Like 6

@nubianlegalmind did the ratings dip?  From memory it's been steadily rising every week?  (https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/8743150/broadcastInfo/ratingCard). Last night would've been a good test as Crowned Clown was on finale night and it's on at exactly the same time as this little gem.  We'll see how it goes.  Personally whilst I am frustrated with SHJ's character (yes to his ineptitude and sloth like manner) I welcome his cartoon like caricature character to make me laugh at the sheer stupidity of his antics - it's to the point of being ludicrous.  It may well be his form of escape.  There are people in the world like him so it's not a far fetched analogy.

This drama is breaking a lot of rules when it comes to expectations.  It's is far from formulaic so those coming in expecting run of the mill romance between the young leads will undoubtedly be disappointed.  I don't miss it.  I like how the relationships are convoluted and being developed, but that's a personal opinion.

Netizens on the whole are positive.

cr https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-7-spoilers.html

Spoiler

The Light in Your Eyes] Ep 7 spoilers, Kim Hye Ja x Han Ji Min x Nam Joo Hyuk

Posted on Monday, March 4, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Kim Hye Ja gives up on the watch that turns back time, "Everything has a price" 

1. [+1686,-17]
The law of exchanging equivalents.. That hit me.. Do you have to sacrifice something to get something?? This drama is philosophical.. 

2. [+1065,-18]
It's been a long while since I've watched a calming drama like this one. It's calming, interesting and touching. I really like it. It's healing. 

3. [+578,-12]
I laughed out loud when they talked about living like a dust under the wardrobes. But were her parents not in a good relationship before the accident? When they ate udon.. She talked as if her father has always been that way.. 

4. [+554,-19]
I cried together because of Hye Ja's mother, and Son Ho Jun's presence ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+543,-58]
Please have more romance between Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min. You can't send off such a honey-like chemistry like that.... 

6. [+404,-3]
You have to watch this drama. They show thoughts on the elderlies in a subtle way, and it's not old-fashioned at all. I was able to focus on it because of actress Kim Hye Ja. You have an incompetent father, a jobless son, a mother in her menopausal stage, a daughter who has aged, a singer without talent, a daughter of a Chinese restaurant who does deliveries, a man who has given up on his dreams and became a swindler, all these are so mundane, so dark, but it's such a bright and pretty story. 

7. [+386,-20]
Kim Hye Ja is leading this drama on her own. There's nothing she lacks. She's qualified to be known as a real actress. 

8. [+261,-4]
I wanted time to fly quickly, but this drama gave me the strength to live. I wondered if today's episode was going to have less tension, but from the scene of the divorce papers, to eating udon with her mother, my tears couldn't stop falling.. Showing Young Soo's live show after that, isn't that too much? Young Soo, that brat, when is he going to be a person? I like Han Ji Min-nim and Nam Joo Hyuk-nim, but actress Kim Hye Ja seemed like the lead of the drama, it feels more affectionate and it shines more because of her. I miss the 25 year old Hye Ja, but there's no way to turn back time, right? That's why I'm curious about the ending. This drama's the best!!

9. [+199,-3]
If I could turn back time, when do I want to go back to? And what would I change? 

• Like 6