[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Didn't she throw it off the roof?  I vaguely remember thinking,"Don't do that!  You may need it again!" and then secretly hoping that NJH would pick it up as he was below.  So I was of the impression that it's gone.  :blink:

Yeah she threw it off..but I was thinking that if  she even found it again and got it working, it would be like using water to dry up water.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She eventually returned to the original body again. How did you come back? We didn't know. But tomorrow night we would know. I'm glad to see the smiles of both, but soon the sadness:bawling: will visit them.

Tomorrow is exciting for tomorrow night.:joy:

2ukahp.gif

Preview ep.6

Good responses from last night's episode.  Waiting for subs to watch it :wub:

Cr https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-5-spoilers.html

light.png

Spoiler

[The Light in Your Eyes] Ep 5 spoilers, Nam Joo Hyuk x Kim Hye Ja x Han Ji Min

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Nam Joo Hyuk to Kim Hye Ja, "I don't want to see you again"  

1. [+1510,-43]
Nam Joo Hyuk's acting has improved a lot. I realized that he is an actor who has potential in this episode. 

2. [+1011,-8]
Actress Kim Hye Ja is amazing to be doing well even in a role like this. 

3. [+536,-9]
This is a cute and warm drama. The characters are all lovely. 

4. [+521,-7]
My heart hurts watching Joo Hyuk ruining himself. 

5. [+413,-61]
I'm sure this will become the second SKY Castle. 

6. [+235,-7]
He blames her that much? But they were only having a 'some'? I think they weren't only having a 'some' relationship. There's something about the past that Hye Ja couldn't remember.. Somehow, there's a part where they haven't shown the viewers yet... Ahn Nae Sang's leg too. 

7. [+187,-4]
To be honest, 12 episodes are a little too short. At least extend it to 16 episodes.... It's really interesting but it's just 12 episodes, I was surprised when I realized that fact. 

8. [+171,-1]
That's right, this is what you call an egg~~~ Young Soo-ya, eat your egg~~

Viki still hasn't uploaded 5 yet. :blink:

https://www.viki.com/tv/36415c-radiant

Oh well.

Quick recap:

Spoiler

Joon-Ha is singing on stage. I think he eventually has to stop singing because he sees Hye-Ja and feels self-conscious and eventually Kim Hee-Won (the owner of the center, played by the actor Kim Hee-Won using his real name) has to take over and finish singing the song.

After the song, they get everyone to buy calcium supplements. Joon-Ha gets up on stage to help sell them, and he does a great job of reverse psychology on them. Hye-Ja fully realizes that this whole thing is a scam and yet she ends up going home with a box of it.

She tries to ask her mom to pay for the calcium supplements but after seeing how damaged her mom's hands are from working, she can't bring herself to ask her for money.

She later goes to talk to her two friends. The two friends end up making fun of old people (how slow they walk, etc.) and she yells at them for being disrespectful and leaves.

The next day she goes back to the Senior Center and brings her box of supplements to return it. Later, along with the other people who want to return their supplements, she ends up buying more medicine instead.

They do a pretty good job of showing how scammers scam people by preying on their vulnerabilities. Kim Hee-Won and another employee talk about how good Joon-Ha is at scamming others.

There is a elegantly dressed older woman at the Center. Everyone calls her "Chanel" because she carries a Chanel bag. She's very arrogant and rude towards other people who are kind to her. She buys a box of supplements and asks Joon-Ha to send it to her son in L.A. He kindly says he will and labels the box "L.A."

Hye-Ja goes into a storage room and finds a huge number of boxes labeled "L.A." - he's been lying to Chanel. Hye-Ja confronts him with that lie and he says that her son left and cannot be contacted, and it comforts her to keep up this lie that he lives in the U.S.

She also tell him that this is a bad place to work and he argues that it's no different from any other job, and why should she care? It's a very bitter conversation.

Later, Hye-Ja and Joon-Ha see each other at the Midnight Snack bar and Hye-Ja sits with him and pours him a soju. She tells him that Hye-Ja in Germany said she misses him and he gets angry. He tells her to tell Hye-Ja that he doesn't care about her, and to please tell her that. He also tells her that he doesn't want to see her (Grandma) again.

Hye-Ja goes home and sees Young-Soo sleeping with his broadcast on. He's trying to sleep for 48 hours straight. She tells the viewers of the broadcast that she is 25 years old.

--

Hye-Ja decides to get a job. She answers an ad looking for someone with a good voice and gets hired by Im Chang-Jung (guest star). It turns out to be a "voice-phishing" scam operation and he gets arrested right in front of her.

She gets hired by an egg seller (guest star Choi Moo-Sung, who played her tenant in "I Live in Cheongdam-dong"). He records her voice and promises to give her 20% of his sales.

A man at the center (played by Woo Hyun) ends up falling for Hye-Ja and keeps chasing her around. It's pretty funny. (He played her younger brother in "I Live in Cheongdam-dong")

--

Hyeon-Joo is working at the restaurant and an ex-boyfriend comes by. He acts surprised she is serving food at a restaurant, like "Oh, you're soooo poor, I feel so sorry for you, my life is awesome." He is a douchebag. He says he got a great job, is getting married soon at a fancy hotel and tells her to come by. She doesn't need to bring a gift, just enjoy the food.

Young-Soo gets up as if to try to defend her but instead scores an invitation, because he wants to eat fancy hotel food.

Spends the rest of the episode trying to seduce Hyeon-Joo, so she will take him to the hotel for fancy food. She clearly still has feelings for him, but obviously can't stand what a dufus he is.

We should create a drinking game: everyone take a drink every time someone hits/kicks Young-Soo!

Just my wild wild guess based on the beginning, hye ja is able to manipulate time without the watch after she becomes an old lady.  The only catch is she can only return to a certain timing (limited time) but will return back to current as an old lady again.

Cos watching the preview with the last part showing joon ha is about to hit his head with the rock... it should be the scene before he goes into his house with head injuries and frameo his dad.

Maybe NJH picked it up and rewound the time and changed everything back to the way it was before he faked his own injuries, before his grandmother died and before her father had the accident. Maybe him doing it will be ok, because he turned it back just once. The thing is, will the father's accident happen again, and will she turn back time again knowing that she will grow older? I think that she will, because she loves her father so much, and I think that her father will find out somehow and destroy the watch. He was meant to die, and her turning back the clock only led to misery in everyone else's lives. Her father lives, but he's so unhappy, her mother is suffering in silence and NJH's life went downhill on the same day that her father died. You can't mess with time and not expect consequences.

Another satisfying episode. :wub:. Delivering laughter and tears (good ones) all in that one heartwarming hour.  I am so glad I stumbled on this little drama.  It deals with the sensitive subject of growing old with grace and subtlety.  It doesn't seek to over dramatise it which would defeat the purpose but it weaves it into the story with wit and just enough gravitas to give the audience an insight into it without leaving you feeling sorry for the elderly.  I only wish I would age that gracefully.  SHJ delivers again with impeccable comedic timing.  I killed myself laughing at his antics to woo his old gf.  The cameos were delightful.  The nunchucks and candles by ByungMan :lol:.  Preview looks great.  Can't wait. 

I can't wait for tonight. I think she will go back in time when his father was still alive and joon ha's grandma too. Getting too interesting:wub:Just do not know how she will be young again. Ratings show it. A drama which is fun and so family oriented:D

Nam Joo Hyuk And Han Ji Min’s New Drama “Radiant” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

Nam Joo Hyuk And Han Ji Min’s New Drama “Radiant” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

Feb 26, 2019
by E. Cha

JTBC’s new drama “Radiant” is on the rise!

“Radiant” is a new time-travel drama starring Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min as would-be lovers for whom things go awry. In order to save her father, Kim Hye Ja (played by Han Ji Min) uses her ability to travel through time and ends up accidentally trapped in an older version of herself (played by veteran actress Kim Hye Ja), whom Lee Joon Ha (played by Nam Joo Hyuk) does not recognize.

Viewership ratings for the drama have been increasing steadily since its premiere earlier this month, and the latest episode drew its highest ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama’s February 25 episode scored an average viewership rating of 5.8 percent nationwide, making “Radiant” the second most-watched drama of the night.

First place went to tvN’s “The Crowned Clown,” which continued its winning streak with average viewership ratings of 8.7 percent for the night.

KBS 2TV’s “My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2,” which aired in the same time slot, scored average viewership ratings of 5.0 percent and 6.5 percent for its two parts, while SBS’s “Haechi” scored ratings of 5.4 percent and 6.1 percent for the night. MBC’s “The Item” trailed with average viewership ratings of 2.8 percent and 3.7 percent for the evening.

The latest episode of “Radiant” will soon be available with English subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, catch up on the previous episode of the drama below!

Cr https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-6-spoilers.html

light.png

Spoiler

The Light in Your Eyes] Ep 6 spoilers, Nam Joo Hyuk x Han Ji Min x Kim Hye Ja

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Kim Hye Ja finds the watch that can turn back time again 

1. [+2053,-22]
I'm so curious of next week's episodes... Nam Joo Hyuk's acting has improved a lot. 

2. [+1465,-16]
Who's Nam Joo Hyuk's acting teacher? He has really improved a lot. Ah, this is sad one moment and then comical. I watch this drama because of that. 

3. [+1059,-10]
She went back to her youth, but that was just a dream. It was so sad... Seriously, their acting is good and the story is interesting. 

4. [+947,-11]
Joo Hyuk's acting has really improved. When he tried to hurt himself and Hye Ja went to stop him, he hugged Hye Ja with that height of his and cried. That made me tear up. I'm looking at Nam Joo Hyuk in a new light~

5. [+661,-8]
I teared up too when I realized that that was just a dream. Their acting is amazing, and the scenario is no joke. That left a deep impression on me. 

6. [+345,-9]
Before, Gu Doo Shim appeared as Moon Chae Won and it was difficult to watch. But Kim Hye Ja is strange. She's just like the female lead. I'm respecting her for her acting. 

7. [+252,-4]
I'm looking at Nam Joo Hyuk in a new light. His acting has improved so much that I'm surprised. I really like his eyes too, I was so immersed~

8. [+236,-2]
I was rather surprised to see the young people trying to escape the place staring at the grandma during the elevator scene. I had goosebumps at that.

I was expecting a ratings boost but that's impressive :o.  When I saw the number of views for last night's Ep preview climb to over 200,000 I was anticipating it.  I am glad this little drama is getting the love it deserves.  :heart:

Archived