Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

Ep.5 Hope Hye Ja, the young woman, comes back to life. Although she is on the screen a little Although her role does not seem to be the main actor But I still waited for her return in the same state With ratings rising steadily:blush:

• Like 6

Young kim hye ja is so adorable with her dog. I have a lot of laugh out loud moments with the old kim hye ja and her dog. How many times she was bitten was just hilarious. I also love the ending scene of episode 3 when she gets to have fun with her friends, drinking, dancing. I might not see ji min often but the story is just funny and heart warming that i really like it a lot:wub: So good ji min accepted it and was able to act as the young kim hye ja, it was an honor for her:D

• Like 7

On 2/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, tok-soompi said:

Quoted from Ji Min:

It is a drama that really lets you think about the value of life and happiness. While you watch it, you will most likely find yourself quietly crying.”

This drama is growing on me... Just finished watching ep.3 and 4, and finding what HJM said above is true. I find myself keep holding back tears, especially whenever KHJ is with her father. The person hit the most by her current condition is her father. It made me sad seeing how he is distancing himself from her, considering how close they were before the incident.

I am amazed that we can see the same mannerism of the character by the two different actresses whether she is old or young. I really appreciate that otherwise it's going to be a hard watch. I want to know the secret how they achieved that :D

The oppa character is just so hilarious, and I really love that he is the only one who treats her the same, need no time and has no difficulty accepting her sudden change. That I thought is very helpful for old HJ to be able to have something that she is used to in accepting her new body. I almost wanted to say that they're truly soulmate :Pbecause it's as if he could feel her soul and not be deceived by outward appearance. That part when he raised his hand wanting to hit her in the kitchen and stopped himself with his other hand :lol:

And yes, I also want to know why does the actress KHJ get to use her real name in the dramas she signed on?

• Like 7

February 23, 2019

Im Chang Jung, Choi Moo Sung, And Kim Byung Man To Bring More Fun To “Radiant” With Special Cameos

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Im Chang Jung, Choi Moo Sung, And Kim Byung Man To Bring More Fun To âRadiantâ With Special Cameos

Im Chang Jung, Choi Moo Sung, and Kim Byung Man will be making cameo appearances on tvN’s “Radiant”!

“Radiant” is about a 25-year-old woman named Kim Hye Ja (played by Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min) who loses all her time and becomes 70 years old. Through her transformation, she learns how precious time is, even the mundane moments.

The newly released stills show Im Chang Jung, who emits a unique comic aura with his parted hair and fancy suit. He is seriously talking to someone on the phone while Kim Hye Ja stares at him in wonder.

It is said that Kim Hye Ja spared no praise of Im Chang Jung as a genius of comedic acting. It is expected that he will make people laugh by showcasing his unique, slick acting.

im-chang-jung-kim-hye-ja.png

On the other hand, Choi Moo Sung appears as an ordinary egg seller. The way he is dispersing the eggs with his rough appearance is sure to bring the laughs. The reason he appeared in the drama was because of his relationships with the director and writer. He worked with director Kim Seok Yoon in the “Detective K” series as well as the drama “I Live in Cheongdam-dong.” He also starred in “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” written by writer Kim Soo Jin.

Choi Moo Sung showed extra special teamwork with Kim Hye Ja because the two had starred together in “I Live in Cheongdam-dong.”

choi-moo-sung-kim-hye-ja.png

Lastly, Kim Byung Man, who is holding nunchucks in the picture, will play a leading role as a senior public relations officer. He shows off a professional appearance with his nunchucks in front of his elders, but his shrewdness makes him a funny character. The comedian willingly appeared in the drama because of his relationship with Kim Seok Yoon.

Spoiler

kim-byung-man.png

The production crew heightened anticipation by commenting, “Im Chang Jung, Choi Moo Sung, and Kim Byung Man, who maintained a special relationship with director Kim Seok Yoon, appear in ‘Radiant’ and played the role of a ‘smile booster.’ You can look forward to their special synergy with Kim Hye Ja.”

Episode 5 of “Radiant” will air on February 25 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 6

I like NJH calm acting, and he looks handsome.

I would like that JH and younger HJ have more scenes 

together.

Everything looks simple and natural. :wub:

• Like 5

February 24, 2019

Han Ji Min And Kim Hye Ja Shine In Behind-The-Scenes Stills From “Radiant”

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Han Ji Min And Kim Hye Ja Shine In Behind-The-Scenes Stills From âRadiantâ

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Radiant” has shared new behind-the-scenes stills of Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min.

“Radiant” tells the story of 25-year-old Kim Hye Ja (played by both Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja), who turns the clock thousands of time to save her father and becomes an elderly woman in her seventies. The story may sound far-fetched, by Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja’s stellar acting has brought the story to life, as they mimic each other to the smallest of details to appear like the same person.

The new behind-the-scenes stills show how the two actresses spend time on set. Kim Hye Ja keeps the atmosphere on set light with her warm smile. The still of her with a hoodie on and a smile across her face brings out the 25-year-old nature of her character, perfectly portraying a woman who looks like she’s in her seventies but has the soul of a 25-year-old woman. She sincerely reads through her script to check that she has everything in check.

Kim-Hye-Ja-Han-Ji-Min1.jpg

Han Ji Min is also rarely seen without her script, which she reads over sincerely. The actress wasn’t afraid to give her all for scenes that required more action, performing all the wire action scenes herself. She also has a warm smile that lights up the atmosphere.

The production staff stated, “It isn’t easy to tell the story of a woman who becomes old in an instant. It was only possible because the two actresses have built up the character to be believable. They bring laughs, tears, and warmth, with some of the best acting we’ve ever seen. We hope people will continue to watch over Hye Ja’s story.”

Source (1)

• Like 7

These two actors, NJH and HJM, have an innocent chemistry

on the screen.

But this dazed pictorial...so sexy. 

• Like 7

Excited about what tonight and tomorrow have in store for us.  Looking forward to more laughter and tears.  I never thought I would be so happy to be crying :lol: but strangely this drama does this to me.  This drama sells hope.  And I always feel hopeful after each episode, no matter how much I have cried during it or how devastating the circumstances seem to be that have unfolded. :wub:

• Like 6

Translation of the 3 instagram posts on this page:

(1) The one where Han Ji Min is filming - she asks shyly if her crush is married, but it makes her feel embarrassed and the other actors tease her. For example the crush-actor (Hyun Woo) says, "Director, Noona is trying to flirt with me!" (It was the first day of filming.)

(2) The second one is a collection of the many times people call her "Hye-Ja" - in Korea, it is disrespectful to call an older person by their name like that. You need to call them by their title, or at the very least, add "ssi" or "nim" to their name.

So because the character is named "Kim Hye-Ja," (the actress's real name) they have to call this older, venerable actress by name, and they're pointing out how that is funny. The text underneath says: "Hye-ja! Monday is here, but why are we happy? It is thanks to our Hye-Ja. We praise you, Hye-Ja."

It's cute.

(3) This is about the bouillon commercial (product is called "Dashida") that Kim Hye-Ja was in for many years. She helped make the product very successful. All bouillon products are just called "Dashida" in Korea. The company that made it (Cheil Jedang, a.k.a. CJ) was very successful and used to be part of Samsung.

That scene where she makes Kimchi Stew and says, "Yes, this is the taste." and then she calls "Young-Soo-ya, come and eat!" is from a famous commercial.

Anyway, they're saying that the older brother was named "Young-Soo" just for this one parody scene.

Note: When she calls out, "Young-Soo-ya" - he gets angry because it's rude for a little sister to call her older brother by his name like that, instead of "oppa."

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 7

I'm curious as how they are going to get KHJ looking like her 25 year old self again (even for a short time).

If you really think about it...she shouldn't be able to use the watch to make herself younger, when it is the usage of the watch that made her age rapidly in the first place.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MsMinnieFran said:

If you really think about it...she shouldn't be able to use the watch to make herself younger, when it is the usage of the watch that made her age rapidly in the first place

Didn't she throw it off the roof?  I vaguely remember thinking,"Don't do that!  You may need it again!" and then secretly hoping that NJH would pick it up as he was below.  So I was of the impression that it's gone.  :blink:

• Like 4