[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

I saw this in JTBC Voyage YouTube channel; I don't understand Korean but I think this compilation is about the moments that were trying to give clues about the real situation and Kim Hye Ja's condition. But I'm not sure. ^^' Hopefully someone could help us understand this better.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe JTBC compiled that for us because now that we know HyeJa's real identity and her Alzheimer's we can view those scenes with fresh eyes.  Why everyone seemed so shocked that she called her son Appa and her daughter-in-law Omma and her grandson Oppa.  So wait...if she had an Oppa in real life, where is he now?  :blink:

It makes sense now why her Son had that flicker of hope in his eyes when she defended him at his workplace and she told the man abusing him that she was his mother.  If I were him I would be like, 'O she recognizes me again!' Only for that hope to be shattered later on as they walk home and she calls him Appa again :tears: and he then takes her hand with sadness in his eyes.

Then there was that conversation with the other women at the market who said HyeJa's 'mother' was her daughter-in-law...which is actually true.  And why the conversation at the noodle shop was so odd initially because her daughter in law didn't seem to know that was where she and her dad used to eat.  And why she looked so uncomfortable when HyeJa brought up the divorce and the fact that she was on her side...when in reality she should've naturally sided with her son.

Not long now before final resolution next week.  Can't wait.

Those memories which sustains her until now will be shown in the last 2 episodes. Those might be both sweet and very tragic. So the car accident really happened to her son which causes to lose his leg. The writer/s are very clever and very creative. This is i think the biggest and most beautiful plot twist that i have watched in my entire kdrama watching. I have been frustrated in the last 2 episodes but all of that has been erased because of episode 10. Funny, poignant then the last 10 minutes has been really shocking, never see that coming. Everything explains it. I hope the last 2 episodes will give them their highest rating. This is the beauty of pre produced drama:wub: The cast and crew should be rewarded for a drama well done.

@nrllee what you said are what exactly crossed my mind while watching this compilation. I wouldn't be able to "unsee" the real Hye Ja if I watch it from the beginning. I'd be looking at each scene in a new light and the drama would be even more touching - healing, if I may use the term.

About the actual Oppa, my wild OTP imagination ran went on an adventure and made up this theory :D: the Yeong Soo we've seen is actually the grandson. If actual Oppa is still alive, he may have been living in the same neighborhood and could also be in the center with her; she doesn't recognize her because of her condition, though. So... actual Oppa could be... the grandpa who takes care of his paralyzed (if I'm not mistaken) wife on a wheelchair (and her name is Lee Hyun Ju). HAHA! That's just me. :D:D:D

@samzi85 same goes with me. I'm a bit picky with K-dramas and this one has got to be on top.

@richelle I second you last statement. With all these awesome dramas JTBC has been broadcasting, I strongly believe that they should have their own end-of-the-year awards for the hard and excellent work the writers, PDs and actors have been doing. :)

Hi @stroppyse could you please help us translate the caption on screen for the clip below? The time markers as shown below to make it easier for you.

However, if you haven't watched this show and do have plans to watch, then it is better for you not to translate. Because it contains MAJOR spoiler, I repeat, MAJOR SPOILER, which will make the whole watching less impactful and meaningful.

Time marker: 0:21, 2:35, 4:34, 5:45, 8:15, 10:47, 12:20, 15:05, 16:44 (Thank you!!)

First of all, just wanna say that I knew that this show was special because it deals with aging and for sure touch all of us about this issue we don't think about most of the time and caring for the elders.  I'm glad that the show is rating very well (#2 before then #1 now). :blush:

I love Episode 10 because it was hilarious with the witty "Rescue mission" and even with Yeong Soo (but this one has me mixed coz being trapped in that trunk is a serious matter too) but at the same time it gave touching moments and also it was the big reveal that made everybody think and talk more about the show.  I also like how it brought up the Alzheimer's theme which I think the director did a good job expressing it in a way that viewers got in the mind of Hye Ja.  Her realization and confusion at the end of the ep is almost like how we felt too. :thumbsup:

Now, the question is which of the scenes we watched happened for real and which one was in her mind (kinda like the dream she had one time).

We know the "father" is actually her son and the "mother" is her daughter in law.  So Yeong Soo is actually her grandson and he just played along really well with her delusions that's why most of the time he still treated her like a real younger sister.  

But what confuses me is what about the other details they showed like the pictures in HJ & YS's rooms.  I don't think those will be made up by Hye Ja.  And if these pics are real?  Then who is the girl with teen YeongSoo and who are the 3 girls in one of the frames?  Their uniforms are modern-looking so it's not in the era of Grandma HyeJa.

Could it be that there's a real Kim Hye Ja that was Yeong Soo's REAL younger sister?  Maybe she was named after her Grandma Hye Ja but she had died young that's why she is not there anymore?  HyunJu and the other friend might be the grand daughters of Grandma Hye Ja's friends. :lol: 

yoztMxy.png?1

fnQhlZt.png

I don't know if I'm making sense with another Hye Ja angle.  Maybe all of these little details with picture frames and the relationship with Yeong Soo and friends are all made up too, but I just don't want to believe that.  I'm in denial that all of Yeong Soo & Hyun Ju's scenes are not real. :cry:

I get the feeling that HyeJa had an Oppa...the beach and the water melon seeds incident?  Which is why I am wondering what happened to him.  And there was footage of HyeJa and her friends in retro clothes so I am banking on the fact that she had those friends when she was young and what we see are in part what happened and also in her mind eg when they visit her after she's suddenly 'aged'.  Don't know.  Was her real father the taxi driver and he actually died for real?

I guess we will all find out soon enough. :)

It may be that information from the past and the present have been mixed up because of Hye Ja's condition, so little details such as occupation could also have been mixed up with her unconscious thoughts and longings, seemingly as a way to cope with her long-standing frustrations which were out of her control but she badly wanted to do something about (i.e. son's leg, death of husband).

But seeing hard "evidence" about what could be passed off as 'imaginary' is a different thing. Those photos in Yeong Soo's room could really raise questions. An answer I could think of for now is that it could be that Yeong Soo has a real sister and that she is the one Kim Hye Ja was talking about who left for Germany. As for the two friends, it could be that they were Yeong Soo's sister's friends (in whom Hye Ja sees her own best friends when she was younger) and that two are so close to the Kim family that they also got close to Granny Hye Ja.

I'm at a dead end with Yeong Soo being shipped to Africa, except that it could also be a symbol of her brother being brought elsewhere which happened way in long in the past.

With that, if Yeong Soo and actual best friend Hyun Ju exist in present time, there is a chance for them to be together! ^^' (Happy ending for shippers, @kyutrogue :D)

We still have more than 24 hours to wait for here. D-1 before the last two episodes!

Hmm... I find it hard to isolate what was true and what was fantasy, when we are getting, The Justice league - elders edition, rescuing doctor "Joon Ha" from the basement??, who apparently didn't need rescuing. So for me right now, those pictures are apart of fantasy land, until i'm told otherwise. :D

@MsMinnieFran those scenes are definitely of Hye Ja's imagination. Although they might actually stem from her desire to save her husband from what cause his death in the past, which could be a similar situation: abduction and torture, leading to his death. If at least she was able to do that in the "reality" that she was in then (what we have been seeing from Episodes 1-9), and finally "saving" him was some kind of closure (on her unresolved issue about her husband/Joon Ha's death), then that plot twist at the last part of Episode 10 marked the end of her "time-travelling" (which started by the sea with the watch and ended by the sea with the watch). 

P.S.

I personally have met someone with Alzheimer's and I must say the Ms. Kim Hye Ja really delivered in the way she acted like a "lost grandma".

(16:57 to 17:07)

I started watching the drama yesterday. I watched 3 series.

I definitely think this is the best role of Joo Hyuk. Finally, he plays not a glamorous guy, but a serious dramatic role. :thumbsup:The heart is breaking from the moments with his hero. Very sorry for him and his grandmother. But daddy just wanted to nail him. Especially when he came to the funeral. I hope that by the end of the drama Lee Joon Ha will find his happiness and everything will be fine with him.

The story of Hye Ja is also exciting and shocking. So sad to look at the girl who at one point became a grandmother. Her despair, sadness and pain ... I felt through the TV screen. But it is very sad that I read about the spoiler, and now I will not have a state of shock. But I wanted her to be herself again at the end of the drama and to know the happiness of love with Joon Ha.:tears:

Kim Sang Woon - my love! I love this actor and his hero. Thank him for the moments of humor in the drama!:love:

Wow!!! I don't have any comments yet. I'm afraid of mistakes Tomorrow night, I might have to cry. I hope the writer should not play with the feelings of the audience. This drama is too much. They have high expectations. Hope that in order to make the situation of HJ better And loosen the knot reasonably:wub:

Family portrait in the past, JH and HJ with son:joy:

Credit to the owner of the image IG

I looked at 2 more series. I admire the crew. They perfectly picked up the actresses. Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja are very similar to each other. Sometimes I look at old Hye Ja, and I see that other, young one. Facial expressions, habits ... everything is very similar.:thumbsup:

The story of the club was surprised. I did not expect that Joon Ha would lure money from old men and old women. But on the other hand, as he explained his actions towards his grandmother, who sent the package to Los Angeles, he could do so for their benefit. But the heroine did not understand him ... Until I understood!

But how pleases me the brother of the protagonist))))))) Very cute! Like the puppy she took from Joon Ha.:love:

Archived