[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

57 minutes ago, SonShinAe said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him deliver some heavy drama in his upcoming movie with Kim Hae Sook and Nam Bo Ra. It's a totally different role from Yeong Soo. ^_^

Tell me please what it will be for dorama? Because I'm also waiting for a serious drama with Son Ho Jun. He is a great actor, and can play a wonderful role, both comedy and drama. I hope the directors will see it in the guy ...:rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, SonShinAe said:

It's amazing how unnoticeable the 9-year age gap between Nam Joo-hyuk and Han Ji-min is. I love the scene where the young-looking Kim Hye Ja finally reunites with her Joon Ha.

Yes Yes Yes Yes!!! In their pair there is absolutely no gap in age. They seem to be the same age. A true loving family. Especially in the frame where she meets him from work with her child. It's so beautiful ... Really beautiful!:wub:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 20, 2019

HanCinema's News

"My Only One" and "The Light in Your Eyes" Top Good Data Report in Their Final Weeks

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

photo1044547.jpg

As expected, "My Only One" remained at the top of the Good Data report in its final week, marking off its third straight ranking as number one. "The Light in Your Eyes" in its final week was a surprisingly close number two. While "My Only One" had an overall percentage of 16.24 (out of 100%), "The Light in Your Eyes" had 14.53% of social media mentions of the studied dramas.

"Liver or Die" also had a strong final week at number three, pulling in 9.99% of viewers. "Romance is a Bonus Book" ended at 9.58% in rank number four, down from rank number three last week. It was the only ending drama to go down in the ranks.

On the actor's end UEE shot up from rank number nine last week to finish this week at number one. Her co-star Choi Soo-jong fell down three ranks to number four. Lee Na-young of "Romance is a Bonus Book" remained steady at rank number two. Kim Hye-ja of "The Light in Your Eyes" was rank number three, up from rank number eleven the previous week.

This Good Data list was produced during the second week of March. The Good Data list in general analyzes social media trends regarding current mainstream drama.

Written by William Schwartz

This drama was pretty slow to sub and post where I normally watch my dramas, but I finally finished it yesterday. Wow. I did not expect to be such a mess of snot and tears. The scenes between Kim Hye Ja and Ahn Nae Sang really got me (have always liked ANS, and wow, he really blew it out of the water here), and likewise the family flashbacks and ultimate reunion between Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk. (I always thought NJH was a good actor, and that the script of Habaek was a mess.) Those ending scenes were so, so beautiful, I'm feeling teary again just thinking about them.

I was  glad to see HJM getting to work again with her mother from Familiar Wife. And Son Ho Joon was great in this. Oh, and one of the friends (SHJ's gf) was the rude girl accused of pushing someone out the window in I Hear Your Voice! It was nice to see her again, too. The grandpa who was crushing on KHJ (he was the ahjussi in Healer), all of the side characters... Well, the whole cast deserves an award, they were fantastic. I cried and cried. I follow a bunch of people online who work in the entertainment industry (whether it's makeup artists or agency staff), and even some of them who are not directly related to this project were posting about it with a lot of love. I think it really hit a lot of people in the feels. 

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I follow a bunch of people online who work in the entertainment industry (whether it's makeup artists or agency staff), and even some of them who are not directly related to this project were posting about it with a lot of love. I think it really hit a lot of people in the feels. 

yup. even actress kim seo hyung from sky castle has been watching the show, she post it on her ig.

This thread has helped clear some of those questions on my mind. So her brother is already dead. I will never see that scene the same way again.

Thank you to all those who contributed in this thread. So many insightful comments and explanations which help clear all those scenes that is somewhat confusing to me. This drama i agree is the drama of your life. For those who have not watched it, please do. I have learned a lot watching this series. While we always have that what ifs for our past and always anxious of our future, what is important is our today. Live life to the fullest as what is most important is we are alive to enjoy it today.

I need to move on from this drama. What a wonderful story, cast, writer, director. Drama of the year hands down, they should win a lot of awards. They set the bar high for a drama and i will have higher standards now watching dramas. This drama will be forever etched in my memory and will always be in my top dramas of all time:wub: I need to rewatch it again since i can better understand those scenes now because of the twist. Some of kim hye ja's dramas are in my list to watch and i need to prioritize it. Thank you to all who appreciated han ji min more because of this project:D 

Han ji min has a new drama again in May and i am looking forward to it. Thank you again everyone for this wonderful drama:wub:

Just finished this drama this weekend and I was blown away. I have been in a major drama slump and have even considered quitting watching Korean dramas because for the past couple of years none have really touched me that much but this renewed my interest in a big way.

I am a person who has worked extensively with dementia and alzheimer's patients and the way they portrayed them and their families is so spot on! I believe the writer either has had a family member with this condition or researched it thoroughly because she did an amazing job.  This has quickly moved to my top 5 kdramas of all time.

Random thoughts:

• The Joon Ha "inside Kim Hye Ja's head" is a symbol of Lee Min Su, her grandson. He is very close to her grandmother but quite emotionally distant from his father. (As observed by @kyutrogue)

• Am I correct to say that the second song Yoon Sang Eun sang for Yeong Soo's channel was the same song that the older Yoon Bok Hee sang during her visit to Kim Hye Ja at the hospital? 

On 3/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, Friendly kitty said:

Tell me please what it will be for dorama? Because I'm also waiting for a serious drama with Son Ho Jun. He is a great actor, and can play a wonderful role, both comedy and drama. I hope the directors will see it in the guy ...:rolleyes:

Yes Yes Yes Yes!!! In their pair there is absolutely no gap in age. They seem to be the same age. A true loving family. Especially in the frame where she meets him from work with her child. It's so beautiful ... Really beautiful!:wub:

The age gap is actually 12 years not 9 years, that was a lot lol. Can't see the age gap as these 2 has believable chemistry:)

27 minutes ago, richelle said:

The age gap is actually 12 years not 9 years, that was a lot lol. Can't see the age gap as these 2 has believable chemistry:)

Thank you for the correction! Now that makes it more daebak! :D

37 minutes ago, SonShinAe said:

Thank you for the correction! Now that makes it more daebak! :D

I think njh is the youngest co star that han ji min has ever had. And one of the tallest too. She is becoming to be a dongsaeng killer lol. I hope they can work together again:)

4 hours ago, richelle said:

I think njh is the youngest co star that han ji min has ever had. And one of the tallest too. She is becoming to be a dongsaeng killer lol. I hope they can work together again:)

I hope too They will work again. NJH wants to work with her. Along with the fans, home viewers, to support both And I think NJH is another one with many male actors who have worked with HJM who is impressed with the care of those around you during their work hours. And that is an inspiration that makes him want to be an actor who wants to take care of those around him as well He is also an actor with good ideas and actions.:wub:

March 23, 2019

Nam Joo-hyuk dazzles viewers: Model-turned-actor was able connect with family in his latest role

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

22191039.jpg
[DRAMA HOUSE]

“Dazzling,” also known as “The Light in Your Eyes,” was going to be just another fantasy drama about a girl in love who could maneuver through time - or so we thought. 

Last Tuesday’s episode came as a complete shock to everyone when they realized that protagonist Kim Hye-ja, who they thought was a 25-year-old (Han Ji-min) stuck in the body of a 70-year-old (Kim Hye-ja) due to the technical failures of time traveling, was, in fact, an elderly woman with Alzheimer’s lost in her memories. 

The revelation that the protagonist’s love interest and later husband Lee Joon-ha (Nam Joo-hyuk) had died from torture as an activist-journalist under the dictatorial government of the 1970s moved many viewers to tears. 

Just before the 12-part JTBC series aired its final episode on March 19, the Korea JoongAng Daily met up with rising actor Nam Joo-hyuk to discuss his latest role. 

“Joon-ha’s character was very emotional,” Nam, 25, said in a soft-spoken, steady tone during the interview at a cafe in Hapjeong-dong, western Seoul. “I had so many moments where I felt bad for Joon-ha, which drained me emotionally. I cried a lot on set while filming.” 

Nam played multiple roles in the series, also portraying a Joon-ha look-alike who works as a doctor at the hospital that 70-year-old Hye-ja visits.

“I didn’t know too much about Alzheimer’s when I first received the script, but the director helped me understand the condition better before filming,” Nam said. “I learned a lot from this drama, and I feel so grateful that I had a chance to work alongside veteran actors like Kim and Han.” 

For Nam, the drama was especially meaningful because a lot of people, including his grandmother, could empathize with it. 

22191057.jpg
Top: Nam Joo-hyuk, left, stars alongside Han Ji-min in JTBC drama “Dazzling,” which wrapped up Tuesday. Above: Kim Hye-ja, left, portrays an Alzheimer’s patient. [JTBC]

“My priority when deciding my next project is to choose a drama with a plot that many people can relate to, whether it’s romance or a life story.” 

“I was able to watch ‘Dazzling’ together with my family because we wrapped up production before the show aired on television. Although ‘Dazzling’ was on after my grandma’s bedtime, she stayed up late to watch it together with us. When I was in middle school, long before I dreamt of becoming an actor, my grandma told me that it would be really nice to see me in dramas. I feel like I made her wish come true.”

After kicking off his career as a model in 2013, Nam discovered his passion for acting while filming the music videos for duo Akdong Musician’s 2014 hit songs “Give Love” and “200%.” 

“I got a feeling that sparked my curiosity, making me want to challenge myself,” Nam explained, speaking about the experience. 

“Some time afterwards, I joined this drama called ‘The Idle Mermaid,’ and seeing my colleagues being so happy while acting strengthened my dream and determination to become an actor. I think a person’s dream can always change.”

Nam has since appeared in around 10 dramas as both supporting and lead roles, including in romance-thriller “Cheese in the Trap” (2016) and fantasy series “The Bride of Habaek” (2017). 

Last year, Nam debuted in the big screen historical film “The Great Battle.” Nam starred in the movie alongside Zo In-sung and Park Sung-woong, where they reenact the historical battle of Ansi Fortress that pit Goguryeo (37 B.C. - A.D. 668) forces against Tang Dynasty invaders in 645. 

Though Nam has been praised by fans for his ever-progressing acting skills, the young actor admitted that he has a long way to go. 

“There was a project I worked on where I thought to myself ‘I got this.’ I was sorely mistaken. I feel like I’m really lacking, but it’s good because it forces me to work harder and stay on track.”

“Every new year, I always set a resolution to become a better person than the year before. After I started basketball in middle school, I learned that things will work out if you never give up, no matter how difficult and long it takes.”

Acting is a never-ending assignment for Nam, who says he picked up a few new habits since launching his new career.

“I began inspecting a lot of people, which could actually be scary. I also don’t let my feelings easily pass and think about them more carefully.”

When he’s not acting, Nam says he likes to “stay home and lie on [his] bed” or “play with [his] puppies.” 

Nam is currently working on the Netflix original series “School Nurse Ahn Eun Young” (working title), a fantasy-comedy drama based on the novel of the same name set to air early next year. In the show, he portrays a high school teacher who helps his new colleague (Jung Yu-mi) chase away ghosts. 

“I have a really shy personality. I’m thankful that so many people think highly of me. I want to tell my viewers to be happy.”

BY KIM EUN-JIN [kim.eunjin1@joongang.co.kr]

Passed by just to share these:

Review: The Light In Your Eyes (Episode 3)

https://weheartit.com/articles/327081416-review-the-light-in-your-eyes-episode-3

Review: The Light In Your Eyes (Episode 4)

https://weheartit.com/articles/327845285-review-the-light-in-your-eyes-episode-4

Review: The Light In Your Eyes (Episode 5)

https://weheartit.com/articles/328386171-review-the-light-in-your-eyes-episode-5

I hope everyone is having a dazzling Tuesday! ^^

wow just found this. quite interesting, is this the reason they chose april 3rd as their vacation award day? :o

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/jeju43

april 3rd is an anniversary of  April 3 Uprising and Massacre in Jeju in korean history.

"From April 1948 to May 1949, the Korean province of Jeju Island was subjected to a communist insurgency and subsequent anticommunist suppression campaign, during which between 14,000 and 30,000 people were killed"

i don't know what this is all about. but it seems tell about buzz worthy drama??!? and the light in your eyes was on top of every drama that is still on going and new ones. and even another articles said that this drama was the most talk-about drama since 2018 to early 2019 beating 100 days my prince.

https://news.imaeil.com/EntertainmentsAll/2019032723414090170

http://www.jtn.co.kr/tv/view.php?code=2200&idx=50482

Archived