[Drama 2019] The Light In Your Eyes, 눈이 부시게

0ly40

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No words :o... That plot twist :o

Cr https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-10-spoilers.html

EDIT - it's trending on Naver :)... And so it should.

Spoiler

[The Light in Your Eyes] Ep 10 spoilers, Kim Hye Ja x Nam Joo Hyuk x Han Ji Min

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Light in Your Eyes' Kim Hye Ja suffers from Alzheimer's 'shocking ending' 

1. [+5782,-43]
The scriptwriter is daebak. S/he's telling the story from a dementia patient's point of view.. Up till now, stories of dementia patients has been told from the people around them. They have been making the lives of the people around them difficult, and have been saying gibberish things that don't make sense.. But this is about someone who misses her beautiful past a lot and lives only in her past... From the beginning, this has never been about turning time back... Today's ending makes sense out of everything that has happened. 

2. [+3776,-39]
This is the best plot twist in dramas. 

3. [+2459,-52]
This is a meaningful plot twist. I think this is a really fresh plot twist and a new way to look at Alzheimer's...! Goosebumps+touching!

4. [+1845,-104]
I knew it was Alzheimer's. ^^ Kim Hye Ja is in the nursing home.. Nam Joo Hyuk is in charge of Kim Hye Ja at the nursing home. He has told the doctor about it. She thought about her past when she sees Nam Joo Hyuk. And the person who has the watch is the person who had caused Nam Joo Hyuk's death. That's why he's shocked whenever he sees Nam Joo Hyuk. Kim Hye Ja saying that her life wouldn't turn out that way if not for that man when she stared at him and the time turned back has a symbolic meaning to it~~ I think this was roughly what happened.

5. [+1236,-18]
It's dissociative dementia... She lived her life, married her husband... and gave birth to a child. Her husband died one day... but she continued to live, till one day, she suffers from dementia, she forgot all her recent memories and the last memories when she was young (Han Ji Min).. Thinking of that, 'I grew old suddenly when I was young. Ah, looks like I have traveled time...'  that was a dream in a dream... But that really happens when one loses all their memories at one go, it's sad... 

6. [+663,-6]
This makes me sad. How did they manage to write something like that? The scriptwriter is amazing. And actress Kim Hye Ja's acting amazed me. Kim Hye Ja-nim, thank you for your great acting!

7. [+661,-5]
So that's why whenever she calls Ahn Nae Sang "Daddy", his expression turned bitter. 

8. [+631,-9]
She must've imagined saving her husband when he was about to die from getting tortured. The old man in wheelchair was the person who tortured him. The photos of elderlies when they were younger that appeared during the bus scene was touching. Rescuing Joon Ha was unrealistic, but it was interesting. It was possible because it was just imagination. The plot twist at the end hurts. This is a good piece. 

9. [+624,-6]
The sunset scene was cool.. I choked up seeing pictures of the elderlies when they were young through the sunset glow passing through the windows.. I'll grow old too, one day.

Wow, that was amazing. Daebak.

My brain hasn't quite processed what I saw so I'm still not totally sure about what happened, but I still felt my heart break.

I can't wait until next week!

I'll be sad when it's all over.

I miss you all already. :tears:

--

Aside from the plot twist, how freaking cute was that caper when everyone totally kicked butt while rescuing Joon-Ha from the dungeon? I was crying from laughing so hard.

Young-Soo was shipped off to Africa. OMG, OMG, too silly...

:tears::lol::tears::lol::tears::lol::tears::lol: :tears::tears::tears: <===== my face today while watching this show

Thank you @nrllee for posting that link from melohwa:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-light-in-your-eyes-ep-10-spoilers.html

The last comment says:

8. [+356,-10]
It's more goosebumps-inducing to know that they cast actors who have participated in the pro-democracy movement in real life. Woo Hyun, Ahn Nae Sang, and the grandma who looks like an ordinary person.

Interesting!

First of all, I had no idea that Woo Hyun (Hyun, the man who has a crush on Hye-Ja) and Ahn Nae-Sang (Hye-Ja's father/son) participated in the pro-democracy movement. But it does say that in their Korean wikipedia entries.

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/우현_(배우)

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/안내상

They attended Yonsei University together and majored in theology.

It's possible that this show is also a tribute to that movement as well.

Is this how Hye-Ja's husband passed away? (speculation)

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

8. [+356,-10]
It's more goosebumps-inducing to know that they cast actors who have participated in the pro-democracy movement in real life. Woo Hyun, Ahn Nae Sang, and the grandma who looks like an ordinary person.

And who might that be?  :lol: I have a hard time with Korean names so I can't be judge. :lol:

Thanks for the little tidbit of information about the Pro-democracy movement.  See old folks all have wonderful stories to tell.  I find it's so ironic that I really only find out at their funerals how interesting their lives actually were.  A sad indictment on me for not having asked them to recount their life stories whilst they were still living. :(

2 minutes ago, nrllee said:

And who might that be?  :lol: I have a hard time with Korean names so I can't be judge. :lol:

Thanks for the little tidbit of information about the Pro-democracy movement.  See old folks all have wonderful stories to tell.  I find it's so ironic that I really only find out at their funerals how interesting their lives actually were.  A sad indictment on me for not having asked them to recount their life stories whilst they were still living. :(

the grandma who looks like an ordinary person.

:lol:

You're right, I didn't realize how funny that was.

Anyway, according to my husband, the lady who walks really slow and the man who had the dog are pretty well-known actors who have been acting for a long time. But he doesn't know their names.

So maybe that lady?

22 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

the lady who walks really slow and the man who had the dog are pretty well-known actors who have been acting for a long time. 

:lol: your reply is even funnier... That's like saying 'policeman number 1'.  :lol:

Probably then.  The lady who walks really slow is the same as the grandma who looks like an ordinary person. :lol:. Clear as mud.

@nrllee @chickfactor what are you guys doing :lol:

so here's what i thought after watching with subtitle.

1. Old Hye Ja got a hallucination experience (not delusion it's different thing) from her alzheimer (i search for this, and it is not too common for alzheimer's patients, it usually affects on middle to late stage alzheimer's patient). Her memories got distorted and she unconsciously created a new one based on mostly her regretful/painful memories in the past. well you can see it from the ending of the drama, whether it was her son got into an accident, her husband's problem, and the last one it seems that her husband got indictment or charge because of something so he was imprisoned that probably lead him to his death.

2. The man on the wheel chair. i guess this man was the one who's responsible for her husband's death. we don't know his identity yet, cos many assume that he was a police officer. so next week probably the story revolve around old hye ja remembering her past and how she faces the man.

3. The questionable thing is the figure of her husband and the doctor from the nursing home (who both played by nam joo hyuk). actually i don't want to assume, but suddenly i remember what the old man said, who's always clinging to her always asking for a date. he said "because his belief, he has faith in reincarnation/rebirth". well probably, the doctor was her husband's reincarnation:sweatingbullets:.

i guess we all have to wait to the finale week. i bet it will be another relieved moment, and heart warming rather than heart wrenching. and the high possibility is old hye ja will be rest in peace. :mellow:

finally they release the making video for the elders. the funny scenes/the rescue :lol:. really appreciates for all hardworking actors, director, crew, and not to forget the stunts:D. The art of preproduction drama. hope in the future many dramas will produce like this, reducing live shooting dramas eventually.

I also want to know how does the News Anchor and Reporter fit in the final episodes.  I know it maybe just new hallucination...

Actually this show really shows the different generations and their struggle in the common people.

The old (grandparents) - pro democracy hero / struggle and bringing up children but then neglected by children (they maybe unable to look after them too dealing their own issues)

The middle (parents) - struggling daily to ensure they can educate their children well

The people now (children) - dreaming to be big or earn lots of money but never really work very hard for it maybe thanks to the parents hardwork.

6 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Looking at the raw preview... now i know why they cast Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk!  Their visual alone already rock the oldies fashion!

Credit to author

Wow he reminds me of 70s/80s heart throb!~

I was so confused at the end of episode 10 and read the comments . I cried and then cried again!! But the story is written so beautifully! At first I thought this was a time traveling show! But now I understand a bit about the show....! Will have to wait for resolution of the story to say anything more!!

Some more thoughts to share.

I just re-watched the last part of Episode 10 and it's heart-wrenching to see Kim Hye Ja in all reality. Not the Kim Hye Ja who was so eager to find the watch and go back to her youth, but the Kim Hye Ja who has "awoken from her dream". I give my high respect to the actress Ms. Kim Hye Ja for the way she executed the transition from the Kim Hye Ja we first knew (from Episodes 1-9) to the Kim Hye Ja who was tearful as she faced the truth of her past in its pure reality.

1552443097_5.jpg

I believe this drama will be talked about even after it has ended. And those who watched it will not look at their parents, grandparents and their loved ones who have dementia the same way anymore.

I can't still wrap everything in my head after watching episode 10. Actually episode 10 redeems the past slow episodes. Scenes with the oldies rescuing lee joon ha were hilarious lol. Then baam what a twist. I can't get it over it still. I am sure when i watch it later with my mom she will ask me a lot of questions lol

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

That's our very own "YoungSoo" moment to inject humour to the thread. :lol:

Give us star candies! :star:  :D

*sigh* I have so many thoughts. 

Storytelling - It was great! Very skillful, well-done!

Emotionally - Devastating! And we don't even know everything yet!

I have no idea what we will learn next week, so I'll just focus on how much I enjoyed everything in this episode. When they rescued Joon-Ha, it was so funny, it was easily the most entertaining, hilarious sequence I have seen in a long time.

When Hyun said, "Let's meet in the next life as lovers," and Hye-Ja cuts him down one last time - "I go to church! (i.e., I don't believe in reincarnation)" I was dying with laughter.

And then when Hyun started kicking everyone's a$$ I was DEAD.

And seeing the photos of the oldsters when they were young while they were riding in the van was beautiful.

When Hye-Ja's father called out and said, "Mom!" that was the moment I realized that this story was about to emotionally punch me in the gut somehow.

And then... it did.

Okay, well... see you all next week.

(Joon-Ha's retro-hair is pretty glorious, right?)

Stunned by the plot twists :sweatingbullets:.

So He ja ladies is the mother who's suffering dementia(back then same plot character been played by KHJ in My dear friends) my heart getting flipped every time the scene appears so convinced to more care to elders and paying attention to something peculiar in our daily life but we always take that for granted. 

The other side i get laughed in between watching the incredible elder heroes save their  friends and JH. The hilarious one is the pocket lady:lol:(the saw machine is out of imagination.lol.)

Inspiring and made our heart warmth.

Excited waiting next eps.

It's the best twist on the drama that I've watched. From the beginning until the last episode, episode 10 I still won't ask for much summary. It still remains the last 2 episodes that should have more clues than we understand that she is Alzheimer's disease. Perhaps the dramatist may always do things that we don't expect. I can't trust the drama writers as well. Hopefully the ending of the drama I will not lose, shed tears for it anymore. Because I lost enough tears:bawling: as much as someone who was betrayed Hopefully the drama will end with hope after a smile as well.:D

Wow...the ending of this episode changes the meaning of everything we've seen so far.

Based on the previews and what other viewers have said here is my take on it but we'll have to see the final episodes to know for sure: Hye Ja is an elderly woman suffering from Alzheimer's, symptoms of which include delusional episodes, confusion of time and place, loss of memory, wandering, etc. She is in the later stages now and has lost grasp of the time she is in, imagining many events and people of her past to be with her in the present. Her father and mother are actually her son and daughter in law and Youngsoo is her grandson. This is why her "father" acts the way he does, it's hard for him to see his mother like this. The rest of the family has been playing along with her, but their struggle with it is obvious as well. Her son lost his leg in an accident and her real father may have died the same way.

"Joon Ha" closely  resembles her late husband but is actually her doctor at the care center, which is why she hallucinates that Joon Ha works at a senior center. The real Joon Ha was a reporter and considering the times was most likely arrested and beaten/tortured to death by the police, hence the seemingly out of place kidnapping scene. Hye Ja's longing and regret over his death cause her to imagine a reality in which she is able to save him. Joon Ha's story in the present is most likely from Hye Ja's memories of him, (minus the senior center work) and the man with the watch may have been an officer involved in Joon Ha's death which is why he reacts to the doctor the way he does. Many of the events that we have seen are delusions of Hye Ja's or her memories and have not actually happened in the present. I'm not sure yet about the friends, they may be delusions or one could actually be Youngsoo's girlfriend. The watch belonged to Joon Ha and now serves as a coping mechanism for Hye Ja to deal with her regret and longing to change the past, which we now see is impossible.

When I first started watching this I actually rolled my eyes a bit at some of the implausibilities and dumb character decisions, but now it makes sense. The writers have changed a silly drama into something deeply thought proking and poignant

Archived