Network: JTBC

Episodes: 12

Genre: Fantasy, Romance

Airdate: February 11th - March 19th, 2019

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Director: Kim Suk Yoon

Writer: Lee Nam Gyu, Kim Soo Jin

Synopsis:

Kim Hye-Ja  hopes to become an announcer. She is honest and has a positive personality, but she suddenly becomes a 70-year-old woman. 70-year-old Kim Hye-Ja  gains the special ability to manipulate time. Lee Joon-Ha  wants to become a reporter. He has worked hard to achieve his dream, but he now lives his life hopelessly. He gets involved with Kim Hye-Ja.

Cast:

Han Ji Min / Kim Hye Ja as young Kim Hye Ja / old Kim Hye Ja

20190124173344.jpg

Nam Joo Hyuk as Lee Joon Ha

20190124173611.jpg

Son Ho Joon as Kim Young Soo

20190124174331.jpg

Ahn Nae Sang as Kim Sang Woon

20190124173924.jpg

Lee Jung Eun as Lee Jung Eun

20190124174218.jpg

Kim Hee Won as Kim Hee Won

20190124174632.jpg

Kim Ga Eun as Lee Hyun Joo

20190124174804.jpg

Song Sang Eun as Yoon Sang Eun

20190124174714.jpg

Jung Young Suk as Jung Young Suk

20190124174933.jpg

Character Chart:

20190124_175028_9548.jpg

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dazzling // 눈이 부시게

nam-joo-hyuk-han-ji-min.jpg?resize=696,4

Episodes : 32

Broadcast Company : JTBC

Release Date: January 2019 

Runtime: TBA

Producer: Kim Seok-yoon (This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair)

Director: TBA

Writer: TBA

Plot Synopsis 

The  story is about how people use the time allotted to them in life,

illustrated in two extremes by a young woman who accidentally loses all of her time

and a young man who wastes away his time and chooses to live apathetically.

The heroine by chance gains the ability to manipulate time,

though perhaps not very well, because she ends up mistakenly in her twilight years. 

Cr. Dramabeans

Han Ji-min, Nam Joo-hyuk, Kim Hye-ja up for JTBC time-bending romanc 

HanJiMin_NamJooHyuk.jpg

Ooh, PD Kim Seok-yoon of the stylish, thoughtful dramas This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair and Awl is back with a new series for JTBC, a time-bending romance called Dazzling. The drama is courting Han Ji-min (Familiar Wife) and Nam Joo-hyuk (Bride of the Water God 2017) to headline, and both actors are considering favorably for now.

The drama is described as a fantasy romance, and it deals with age-swapping and time-bending—something Han Ji-min is intimately familiar with in her current drama, where she plays past and present versions of her character in multiple timelines. This new series will be about a 25-year-old woman who rapidly ages and ends up a 70-year-old on the outside, while remaining a young woman on the inside. It’s a little bit like Thirty But Seventeen the extreme version, or the bizarro-world version of Miss Granny.Read More

Cr. Dramabeans

Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Kim Hye Ja In Talks To Star In New JTBC Drama

Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Kim Hye Ja In Talks To Star In New JTBC Drama

Sep 13, 2018
by J. Lim

We may be seeing Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Kim Hye Ja in a new drama soon!

On September 13, it was reported that Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk were in talks to appear in a new JTBC drama “Dazzling” (working title). A source from JTBC has confirmed the news and stated that the two are in positive talks for the drama. They also stated that Kim Hye Ja is considering the role of the 70-year-old version of the female lead character.

“Dazzling” will be a fantasy romance drama that centers around the concept of a break in time. It will tell the story of a 25-year-old woman who doesn’t get the chance to enjoy the time she has before suddenly finding herself to be an old woman and a 26-year-old man who throws his time away and lives a lethargic life. The drama will be both comedic and romantic as it shows two people living in the same moment but having two different outlooks on time.

The drama is set to be led by producing director Kim Seok Yoon, who worked on dramas like “Awl” and “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week,” and is scheduled to premiere in early 2019.

Source (1) (2) (3)

Cr. Soompi

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Dazzling/Brilliant, 눈이 부시게 - Han Ji Min & Nam Joo Hyuk - Premieres in January 2019
  • Guest unlocked this topic

I was so scared that the 'Dazzling' drama would be 12 episodes.
And I wanted it to be 16 episodes.
But he writes 32 episodes.
I hope it gets real.

But I think 32-episode drama for JTBC is hardly seen.
Their paths are clear.
And I hope the name of the drama doesn't change.
I love it. :love:

November 7, 2018

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Source: Soompi  by J. Lim

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun will be starring in an upcoming drama!

“Dazzling” (working title), JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama that will air in 2019, has confirmed the four actors as its leading cast and has begun filming.

“Dazzling” tells the story of a woman who lost time before she got to use it all and a man who lives his brightest days by doing nothing and wasting them away. It will be a fantasy drama that follows the lives of two people who live in the same time but also live in completely different times.

Anticipation is high for the drama as it will bring together Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun. Also, producing director (PD) Kim Seok Yoon and screenwriters Lee Nam Kyu and Kim Soo Jin will be working together again, with their previous collaborations including productions like “Awl,” “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week,” “Old Miss Diary” and the “Detective K” film series.

Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min will both be playing the role of Kim Hye Ja, a woman who finds herself with the ability to travel through time. The character is an extremely positive and loyal person who hopes to become a news anchor and can’t stand by when she sees injustice taking place. Despite having the power to manipulate time, she finds herself caught in a complicated situation no matter what she does.

Nam Joo Hyuk will take on the role of Lee Joon Ha, who wishes to become a reporter. His character has been so focused on running full-steam ahead towards his dream job that he has become someone who is throwing away the best days of his life and living a lethargic life. Son Ho Jun will play Kim Hye Ja’s older brother Kim Young Soo, who isn’t bogged down by time and is full of mischief. He works as a content creator and is expected to bring big laughs with his character.

“Dazzling” began filming in October and is expected air on JTBC in 2019.

Are you excited to watch this drama?

Source (1)

I just got confused with this article. Is Son Ho Jun the older brother of Han Ji Min here (since it says he is the older brother of Kim Hye Ja, the older version of HJM)?? If so then there is no chance for him to be the third wheel. Awww....  I was kinda looking forward to that. Especially both of them starred in a time travel drama recently ("Go Back Couple" & "Familiar Wife").  It would be cool too if he plays the other guy sometimes. But maybe he has his own storyline here different from the main plot.   I want him to be a main lead but if this is a good role then I'm ok with him to be 2nd (besides I don't think he strives to be lead all the time coz he just wants to be able to prove himself as an actor).

It says he "isn't bogged down by time"...does that mean that he also gets old or can control time like HJM's character?

So she had his hair cut for drama 'Dazzling'.

Kim Hye-Ja (Han Ji-Min) hopes to become an announcer. She is honest and has a positive personality, but she suddenly becomes a 70-year-old woman. 70-year-old Kim Hye-Ja (Kim Hye-Ja) gains the special ability to manipulate time. Lee Joon-Ha (Nam Joo-Hyuk) wants to become a reporter. He has worked hard to achieve his dream, but he now lives his life hopelessly. He gets involved with Kim Hye-Ja.

cr:asianwiki

@kyutrogueSon ho jun will be han ji min's oppa:D

Will the setting of this be like jealousy incarnate/misty? I love it if their work set up will be in a broadcasting station since njh is an aspiring reporter while han ji min is a news anchor. I enjoyed both drama because of the set up. While misty is more of a heavy drama, but the role of an achor is nailed by kim nam joo. Looking forward to hjm's portrayal. I think her acting will be very light since this is a fantasy romcom:wub:

Spoiler

Chingus this drama changed name?
The label on the Instagram account says '#눈이부시게'.
Drama may be called 'Charming Snow' in the beginning of 2019 as it will be winter months.
Google Translation helps not so much.
'#Dazzling' '#눈부신' appeared in Korean like this.
Is there anyone have an idea?

42 minutes ago, richelle said:

^can't read korean too so i am not sure. But the title in the articles is dazzling. What is listed in the script? That should be the official title:)

The word '눈이부시게' is translated as 'Charming Snow'.
I think so the official title was changed to 'Charming Snow'. :rolleyes:

On 11/8/2018 at 3:26 AM, richelle said:

@kyutrogueSon ho jun will be han ji min's oppa:D

I didn't realize right away that the older actress' name is the same name as Han Ji Min's character!  So in other words Kim Hye Ja would have the same character name too!  Why did they do that?!  HAHAHA!  

I do see there is a resemblance between Ho Jun & Ji Min's facial features. :) 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, kyutrogue said:

I didn't realize right away that the older actress' name is the same name as Han Ji Min's character!  So in other words Kim Hye Ja would have the same character name too!  Why did they do that?!  HAHAHA!  

Edited : I haven't noticed that and misunderstood :sweatingbullets:

Archived