OCN Drama

TRAP 트랩

Trap-Poster3.jpg

Hangul: 트랩

Genre: Thriller

Network:OCN

Episodes: 7

Director: Park Shin Woo( White Night )

Writer: Nam Sang Wook (Special Affairs Team TEN )

Release Date: February 9, 2019

Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:20

Production Company:

OST:

Official site: HERE

Plot

Kang Woo-Hyun (Lee Seo-Jin) is a respected anchor at a broadcasting station. He has a lovely family and he is asked to enter the political field. His life seems perfect. One day, he goes on a trip with his family and a tragic situation occurs. Meanwhile, Ko Dong-Kook (Sung Dong-Il) is a veteran detective. He takes Kang Woo-Hyun's case and investigates.

Cast

f131920161757002000(0).png

Lee Seo Jin as Kang Woo-Hyun

f131920173026754000(0).png

Sung Dong Il as Ko Dong-Kook

f131920189227198000(0).png

Lim Hwa Young as Yoon Seo-Young

Seo Young-Hee as Shin Yeon-Soo (Kang Woo-Hyun`s wife)

Oh Ryong as Hong Won-Tae

Lee Joo-Bin as Kim Shi-Hyun

Oh Han-Kyul as Kang Shi-Woo (Kang Woo Hyun`s son)

Kim Kwang-Kyu  as Jang Man-Ho

Jo Dal-Hwan as Bae Nam-Soo

Jang Sung-Bum as Park Sung-Bum

Lee Na-Ra as Park Sun-Mi

Choi Myung-Bin as Ko Min-Joo

Yoon Kyung-Ho as Mr Yoon

Jang Won- Hyung - Ho-Gae

Sung Hyuk as hunter

Dong Hyun-Bae as Reporter Seo

Yoon Kyung-Ho as Mr Yoon

Choi Hong-Il as profiler

Jang Won Hyung as Ho-Gae

Dong Hyun Bae as Reporter Seo

Posters

Trap-Poster1.jpg

Trap-Poster2.jpg

Character description

http://program.tving.com/ocn/trap/8/Contents/Html

62712_137830_2855.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Character teaser Ko Dong-Kook

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 14 2018

Lee Seo-Jin and Sung Dong-Il cast in OCN drama series “Trap”

Trap_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Lee Seo-Jin and Sung Dong-Il are cast in new OCN drama series “Trap.” The drama series will have Lee Seo-Jin playing news anchorman Kang Woo-Hyun. He gets involved in a tragedy with his family. Sung Dong-Il will play Ko Dong-Kook. He works as a detective and investigates the case involving Kang Woo-Hyun.

“Trap” will air sometime during the first half of next year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-seo-jin-and-sung-dong-il-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-trap

Lee Seo Jin And Sung Dong Il To Star In Upcoming OCN Drama

by nature1010

cf9429dc9a1c4168958386fdd358bb1b.jpeg?s=

Lee Seo Jin and Sung Dong Il will be joining forces for upcoming OCN drama “Trap.”

“Trap” is an investigative thriller about national anchor Kang Woo Hyun (played by Lee Seo Jin). He goes on a trip with his family and gets caught in a trap where he faces the situation of a lifetime.

Because Kang Woo Hyun is Korea’s national anchor, he has earned the trust of the country. He appears to have everything, as he is respected by society, has a happy family, and even received love calls from political circles. However, he suddenly experiences a tragedy, losing everything in one fell sweep.

Sung Dong Il will be playing veteran detective Go Dong Kook. In charge of Kang Woo Hyun’s case, he uses his unique tenacity and instincts to dig into the case, and brings the shocking truth to life.

The production staff stated, “We were able to gather great actors through the quick development of the story, which makes each episode feel like a film, along with the breathtaking tension of the script. Please look forward to Lee Seo Jin’s transformation in acting, as well as Sung Dong Il’s perfectly synchronized realistic acting in ‘Trap.'”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1230275wpp/lee-seo-jin-sung-dong-il-star-upcoming-ocn-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Trap 트랩 - Lee Seo Jin, Sung Dong Il

More casting news

Actress Lim Hwa-Young confirmed as the heroine of the newOCN drama "Trap".

201809150832776777_5b9c461bf18fd.jpg

Trap' is a  thriller drama depicting the story of Kang Woo-hyun (Lee Seo-jin), a national anchor caught in an unknown trap.

Im Hwa-young plays the role of Professor of the Police Department, with intellectual and charming attraction. As a star profiler, she will cooperate with Ko Dong-Kook (Seong Dong Il).

'Trap' is also the first work of OCN's 'Dramatic Cinema' project to be introduced in 2019. 'Dramatic Cinema' is a project that combines film and drama formats, and the film crews are putting together a lot of ideas to show the high-end story of the film and drama as a well-made genre.

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1110989623

Update

Lim Hwa-young's agency Yubon Company said on September 15 morning news, "Imhwa-young is receiving a suggestion for 'Trap' appearance and is in a positive review."

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809150914288010

Lee Seo-jin goes on the run from Sung Dong-il in OCN’s Trap

by tipsymocha

trap-sungdongil-leeseojin.jpg

Well played OCN, I’d watch anything with these two actors. The cable channel is busy preparing for its upcoming action thriller, titled Trap, and has recently cast Lee Seo-jin (Grandpas Over Flowers, Marriage Contract) and Sung Dong-il (Your Honor) to headline. I absolutely love both actors, though I’m admittedly more familiar with Lee Seo-jin’s variety persona, so I’m really looking forward to seeing them play off each other in what sounds like an exciting drama.

The character Lee Seo-jin will play is that of an anchorman who is beloved by the entire nation: Voted as the most trusted media personality for years on end, with a loving and stable family, and regular solicitations to join politics, Lee Seo-jin’s character appears to have it all at the beginning of the show. However, while on vacation with his family, he encounters a tragic, life-changing event and falls into a mysterious trap.

Sung Dong-il, on the other hand, will be continuing his latest string of roles within the justice system, this time as a veteran detective with uncanny instincts. Assigned to Lee Seo-jin’s case, the determined detective will start to uncover the shocking and unexpected truth behind the case. Though my favorite Sung Dong-il roles involve a little comedy, I can easily imagine him playing a hardened veteran detective as well, who could be a formidable foe or ally to Lee Seo-jin’s fugitive.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/lee-seo-jin-goes-on-the-run-from-sung-dong-il-in-ocns-trap/

Im Hwa Young takes on lead role in OCN's "Trap"

8_f82Ud018svc1nssebz28nwt7_f4ae30.jpg?ty

[OSEN = Reporter Choi Na Young] On September 15, according to a piece of news learned by OSEN, Im Hwa Young confirmed to be cast in the female lead in the new drama "Trap" (seven episodes in total, director Park Shin Woo, scriptwriter Nam Sang Wook, producer Film Monster, general producer Lee Jae Gyu). This work has the collaboration of OCN and the movie production crew.

"Trap" is a hard-boiled thriller that narrates the shocking story of national newscaster Kang Woo Hyun (played by Lee Seo Jin) as she falls into the unforeseeable trap. The drama is expected to feature a new genre that highlights the color of hard-boiled movies. Earlier, it also revealed the participation of actors Lee Seo Jin and Sung Dong Il.

In the drama, Im Hwa Young is a profiler (analyzing the case and provide the criminal's profile) who is intelligent and has tough and strong personality at the police station. As a well-known profiler, she will cooperate with Sung Dong Il to investigate cases.

"Trap" is the first work in OCN's new project, "Dramatic Cinema," launched in 2019. "Dramatic Cinema" is a combination of cinema and television formats. This project has a collaboration of a large number of film production crews, thereby releasing a well-made genre that features the combination of sharp directing in movies and highly delicate storytelling of dramas.

Director Park Shin Woo of the movie "White Night" and screenwriter Nam Sang Wook of the drama "Special Affairs Team TEN1" will collaborate in this drama. In addition, director Lee Jae Gyu, who directed the movies such as "The Fatal Encounter," "Intimate Strangers," the drama "Beethoven Virus," "Damo: The Legendary Police Woman," is going to take charge of the production of the film.

Actress Im Hwa Young used to cast in the movie "The Tooth and the Nail," the drama "Prison Playbook," "Good Manager," and has recently completed the film "Sketch." Through many works, she has received high praise for her acting ability and diverse charms. With her characteristic bright image and soft girly beauty, she is also a bright spot in the advertising industry.

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/celeb/1.8295883

There is not an official confirmation yet but it looks like actress Im Hwa Young will be playing one a lead role in OCN drama Trap. 

Lim Hwa-young confirmed his appearance on OCN Dramatic Cinema project 'Trap'.

2018091801001512900117521.jpg

OCN is the first hitter of the dramatic cinema project to be launched in 2019, and will feature a high-level production and story of the crew that collaborated with the movie and the drama.

In the drama, Im Ha-young divides into the role of Professor 'Yun Seo-young' of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's behavior analysis team.
Im Ha-young`s character, who has been involved in a mystery incident with Lee Seo-jin (Kang Woo-hyun), is a "mascot" of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's behavioral analysis team, and has an excellent profiling ability as well as an open-minded charm and engages in a cooperative investigation with Seong Dong Il. (Google translate)

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201809180100151290011752&servicedate=20180918

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus I noticed 7 episodes only?  Is this just like  OCN special drama?

I don`t know. Maybe it is about the experiment format. I read about the "Dramatic Cinema" project promised to be launched by OCN in 2019. I am curious how it will be. I have expectation about this drama. I can`t wait to watch it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@larus Thanks for he updates and teasers. My ahjusshis. Finally LSJ  after Marriage Contract. And yey for SDI too. :thumbsup:

No date still but it's 2019. s Something to look forward to. I wonder what OCN is experimenting about "Dramatic Cinema" project. I feel it's about doing tv serials  or series that involves  cinematic experience or more like movie style drama. Maybe it's something like how doramas are done?  OCN is fav anyway.

11 hours ago, jongski said:

No date still but it's 2019. s Something to look forward to. I wonder what OCN is experimenting about "Dramatic Cinema" project. I feel it's about doing tv serials  or series that involves  cinematic experience or more like movie style drama.

No date yet but it won`t be too late either. Some sources say it will air in January. I can wait.

I am excited to see how it will be. The drama has 7 episodes and the plot is suited for a "cinematic experience". We`ll see how it will be.

December 24, 2018

OCN Holds First Script Read-Through For New Thriller Drama “Trap”

By Nicole Caluag | HELLOKPOP

VERSATILE SEASONED ACTORS LEAD OCN’S NEWEST GRIPPING OFFERING — TRAP!

Trap1.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=660%2C440&ssl=1

Headlined by Lee Seo Jin who will portray the role of a veteran anchor with a perfect life until a tragic situation that befalls him. The rest of the cast, Sung Dong Il, Im Hwa Young, Seo Young Hee, Jang Won Hyung, Lee Joo Bin were in attendance.

Trap.jpg?resize=600%2C540&ssl=1

Known for his remarkable performances across wide variety of genres, veteran actor Sung Dong Il raises expectations for this thriller. The two actors greeted each other brightly, but completely transformed into their characters once the script reading started. Lee Seo Jin portrays a character well-loved by the nation. He is already scheduled to enter politics when something unexpected happens to him. Kong Do Kook (Sung Dong Il) will be the detective who takes on the anchor’s case.

OCN introduces the format of film and drama and Trap will utilize it. Viewers should look forward to well-made stories that are done with a lot of dignity and hard work. The production crew was satisfied with the table-read because they witnessed the tension coming from the actors.

Under the direction of Park Shin Woo, Trap, penned by Nam Sang Wook will premiere in the first half of 2019.

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1024640.jpg

Archived