[Drama 2019] Item, 아이템

0ly40

I managed to catch up till episode 28 and it is so thrilling! That moment where Kang Gon used 2 items to freeze the room so that he could grab all the items and the bracelet directly from THE Villain's hand! Yay!

I love it too how Jae In was saved after she fell from the rooftop. Runaway Prisoner is my favourite now...his cheerfulness lightens the tensed situation.

And we get the sad backstory of the lady Prosecutor. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Da In will be saved. Please, please.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Does Da-in at least come back and get reunited with her uncle 

Wise to skip it...

Da-In returns by herself. KG is stuck in limbo for most of the show. He miraculously appears in front of SH & DI In the last minute. The ending makes no sense & they offer no explanation.

12 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

who was that gum-chewing woman with the pendant?

I was wondering the same thing.

4 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Someone spoil the ending for me - I gave up a while ago but I'm curious but don't have it in me to get through the episodes.

Does Da-in at least come back and get reunited with her uncle 

I'm worse than you lol. I just watched the last EP only:sweatingbullets:. I'll tell you what I saw. Da-in is alive and comes back. The uncle disappear for some time but comes back in the end. The cop lady quits her detective job and becomes a director at the orphanage. She ended up raising Da-in when the uncle disappeared.

The chairman gets killed by a new lady who can change her face and can walk through the prison gates lol. Her item is a pendant. However I'm not sure if he is really dead or not because they only show his jail number and a burnt hand. 

2 hours ago, chdom said:

Wise to skip it...

Da-In returns by herself. KG is stuck in limbo for most of the show. He miraculously appears in front of SH & DI In the last minute. The ending makes no sense & they offer no explanation.

I was wondering the same thing.

And I dont understand how did the female lead rescue Uncle and girl from the explosive in the train? Which item did she use and how did he end up unconscious?

Haven't been on this thread but just giving my two cents worth. 

I'm not really into fantasy stuff but was watching this for Ju Ji Hoon and literally zaz through 28eps and just completed ep32.

At the end I was like WHAT!! What happened here?? And someone said the ending makes no sense and they offer no explanation. Well I have come to realize that this is just a fantasy drama where anything can happen. How can you explain a man lying unconscious and suddenly disappears? There's no logic there. There were a few issues that were left open, like what happened to the items. Se Yeon had a bomb locked to her neck and she and Gon were transported somewhere but only Gon was in limbo.

There was a convo scene between a young Gon and his father. His father tells Gon he will grant him his wish. I'm guessing that was meant by 'the Room of Wishes'. And Gon must have wished  to be reunited with Da In that's when he came back.

They were too much lovey dovey stuff at the end and then we were given a bomb of 'who excatly was hanging at the prison bar'? :frown:

34 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

There was a convo scene between a young Gon and his father. His father tells Gon he will grant him his wish. I'm guessing that was meant by 'the Room of Wishes'. And Gon must have wished  to be reunited with Da In that's when he came back.

Thanks! This offers more sense... 

haven't been here for a long time. kind of drop this drama in the middle but I still decided to watch this drama and see how this ends. 

There were couple things that doesn't make sense but this is fantasy so maybe it doesn't mean to make sense. 

the lady with pendant. who she was? was she someone who was one of the relative of dream world fire.  this drama left too much questions. 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Item, 아이템
  • 1 month later...

Wow, what a disappointing series this was.  It had a lot of potential but I think they got overly ambitious on the plot, which created problems down the road in resolving the series in the allotted 16 one hours (32 half-hour episodes).  The whole thing got so convoluted, it would have taken 2-3 seasons to do this justice.  I found the ending particularly awful as it never fully explains how the main lead made it back.  

• 1 month later...

Due to my net issues I haven’t been able to watch my normal shows. Fortunately for me this means that I can catch up on some of my older shows. Just completed My Strange Hero and this show. To be honest I enjoyed this show a lot minus a few issues so I would probably grade it 3.5 out of 5 stars or 8 out of ten. The reason that I do is that I have a few questions that I feel that the show could have better answered yet didn’t. perhaps I’m just not that smart enough to figure them out on my own. The cast was fun including the Villain. He actually earns my respect for knowing and quoting Full Metal Alchemist (the bit about Equalent Exchange). :D  Before anyone reads ahead I should warn all of you that I write long posts and sometimes ramble and get of topic. You have been warned.

:D

Spoiler

The ending was nice because it is open ended of sorts and allows us to have a Season 2 if possible. I doubt that this will probably be the case since I heard that it had low ratings :(. Now I shall get into the ending and why it was so interesting and with a few theories of my own. I wonder how many of you will agree or disagree with me.

Some of the questions that people had were as follows

1.  Firstly. Who is Bubblegum Lady and What is up with her item aka the pendant.

2.  Secondly is the Villain really dead?

3.  Finally, was that really Prosecutor Kang Kon at the end and where did he come from

Now to me attempting to come up with some theories regarding them.

Regarding the Bubblegum Lady, we have to wonder was she a victim or child of a victim that the Villain (who I will be referring to as Psycho since I can’t exactly remember his name at the moment) caused or is she herself a perpetrator of some incident. For instance, is her item one of the original 12 that everyone was after to enter the Room of Wishes or is this from an entirely new set. We do have to recall that Prosecutor Kang and team only managed to collect 11 items from that set and were lacking the last one. (that is if my calculations are correct and I didn’t miss any.)

So for a quick recount here are what I picked up 3 items by Psycho (Perfume, Polaroid Camera and the Album) this was tied with the Priest who had the following (Ring, Force Whip {laser pointer) and the Lighter) then we had the escaped convict with two items (the Cap of Invisibility and the Compact Mirror) this makes 8 items so far then each of the remaining items were by someone else. 1 the bracelet by Kang Gon, 2 The Healing Stamp by the Fire Fighter and 3 the Flip Phone by So Young. This makes a total of 11. I seem to be missing one.

Regardless the issue that I have is that this can’t be from the original set. Is that after Kang Gon and his team prevented the train disaster the items from his set started to lose their powers. Yet her item still seemed to retain their power. This seems to indicate to me atleast that her items must therefore come from another set.

Also if what I have understood of how the items work so far is that they all seem to have one specific power given to them more or less. Ie the stamp can only heal wounds; the album can trap souls. Any other power they would have could be related to their own object such as the album could probably release a soul captured or something. So if we are to go by this logic of One Power Per Item then it would be safe to assume that the Pendant that she has can only impersonate a person (whether she needs the actual person or a picture will suffice remains to be seen). Yet we see her phase out of the Jail when she leaves it seems to indicate that she has another Item in her possession that allows her to walk through objects. Etc.. This would further indicate that there are more than the 12 initial items that we are aware of that must have gotten their powers in a similar manner to the original 12.

This again brings up the question as to whether she was a victim or a family member of a victim to have gotten her hands on said item or was she also a perpetrator like Psycho because having multiple items itself is no indication of said factor as I pointed out that half of the original 12 items were held by the same people only 3 items had single users.

Frankly I am leaning on the later (her being a perpetrators of disasters) the reason I do this is because let’s see if she was really a victim of one of Psycho’s incidents then wouldn’t it be simpler for her to impersonate a guard grab a gun from somewhere and then shoot him case closed. She wouldn’t need the theatrics of crucifying him etc.. then again we really can’t decide what victims would be going through. Regardless of this another factor that we need to consider is that when she reveals herself to him she tells him that she wants him to play a game with her. A suspicious comment in my opinion. Why is it suspicious let me get to that.

We all know how like-minded people generally end up together because they have something in common. So you will get a bunch of people that are smokers or gamblers to be with their own kind. Not saying that they won’t socialize with others but that you will find that they each have their own lots this works to an extent even with criminals. A petty thief will probably socialize with someone in his own area rather than with mass murderers etc.. Therefore, in this case it would make sense for one Psycho to be attracted towards another Psycho. We have already seen how Psycho likes to treat everyone around him as discardable object and things as a game so it wouldn’t be surprising if there were other people like him in the world. In this case Bubblegum Lady. She could have found out about him from his trial and thought to herself that she had finally found a like-minded individual with whom she could have a good time. Probably wanting to become the Bonnie and Clyde version of Korea. Unfortunately, she probably miscalculated. Which brings us upto the second question that we should now be asking

This is whether or not Psycho is really dead. He did promise that he would be leaving the prison soon because as he said the world needs balance. So for every evil person like him there needs to be a good and righteous person to counter him like Prosecutor Kang Gon and Detective So Young. Also the body that was shown to us the face is never revealed just upto his Prison Number I find this highly suspicious. So then if he isn’t dead where could he be and how did he manage to escape. The answer to that would probably be Bubblegum Lady was his latest victim and he used her Items to make his escape. The lady may have thought that he would play her game so she might have trusted him with them etc not realizing that while he enjoys playing games with others he likes to be in control of everything and this wouldn’t be the case between them as she would try to be in control. Since he doesn’t play well with others he would kill her and escape. Follow this fact that when Bubblegum Lady phases out of the cell bars there is an evil smirk like look in her face. Why is that I wonder. Is it to either indicate that she is just as evil as him or him smirking that he got to leave prison and continue his game with other ie Detective So Young and company and his Item collection.

Now this brings us to the final question as to whether or not that really was Kang Gon at the end. The reason I wonder this is for a simple reason. If it is him where was he all along and why did he return just now. For instance, could he not have returned because he was lacking the final item and he traded himself for Dain’s release. If that is the case how was he able to finally return. Also his return is equally suspicious. As I mentioned why return now if possible. He only does so after Psycho is supposedly dead. Even his message is after said event why is this the case.

Now one would be wondering if that wasn’t the real Kang Gon at the end then who could it be. A good question and perhaps something of a shocker if my theory is correct. For this I would question who do we know that can take on the form of anyone we know ie what item. The answer to that question would probably be Bubblegum Lady’s pendant. But why would she do that. She wouldn’t but if my theory is correct that Psycho killed her of and replaced her then it would make sense that now that he has escaped he could be anyone that he wants and start his sick twisted games once again. Yet if this is so why would he take on Kang Gon’s form is a good question. For this we need to study his personality a bit more.

As many have mentioned that he is a megalomaniac with a god complex. He likes to be in control etc.. but at the same time with these attributes to him there is another factor to be included as well. Since he thinks that he is god he thinks that everyone should worship him and that anyone that doesn’t they should be broken till they do so. That is why he finds people like Prosecutor Kang Gon and Detective Shin So Young interesting. These are people that not only go up against him even when the odds are against them they are also not afraid of him even when he has more power than them ie let it be in the form of Items or Wealth and influence. Breaking such people brings him more fun. After all this is a person that has people like Ministers, Lawyer, Police Commissioners etc. not only in his pocket but also has them begging for their lives if the need arises because they know that he has all the power. Yet he has lowly commoners that don’t know their place ie Kang Gon and company. So what does he plan on doing but breaking them till the grovel at his feet. Someone mentioned what was his plan for letting Kang Gon live that time and be on the run as a fugitive. It’s a good question to which I have an answer. It is all part of his plan. The plan being how does he break a righteous man that believes in the power of the law etc.. the answer is simple bring him to the brink and when he finds himself in despair he will break by breaking those very laws that he believes in. For instance, when he had that final fight with Kang Gon and Gon finally had the advantage by getting the gun what did Psycho do. He tried to goad Kang Gon into shooting him who was unharmed at that time he didn’t even have any possession of Items that we were aware of. In this case had Kang Gon actually shot him then he would have become a murderer at this point Psycho’s next part of the plan would have taken effect. This would be what would the others do regarding the murder when they were equally just. Would they admit to the truth and be willing to be locked up for their actions or would they try and cover it up showing that all humans were alike at the end of the day and that if they had power they would try and abuse it something that he did every day and assumes the rest are just like him. Granted he would probably be dead so he couldn’t confirm the results of his plan but it makes sense to an extent.

Now one asks so even if that was true then what does he gain from impersonating Kang Gon now. I would say that he wants to break So Young and company now in a similar way. He does various crimes and evil deeds in Kang Gon’s form. Secretly at first but everytime he does so he leaves subtle clues that direct people towards him. What are the good guys going to do then when they discover that all the clues lead to Kang Gon. Clearly a confrontation is going to happen but then they will be faced with a heavy choice do they stop him or not and if they don’t will they try and cover up his crimes because he was one of them or even if they do stop him do they place the blame on someone else and just how much pain will it cause them to discover that Kang Gon has become a monster. He probably hopes that will be their breaking point and even then he has sort of destroyed the one thorn in his life aka Kang Gon. So in this case even if the real Kang Gon returns he will have a hard time clearing his name once again. Infact the public might even start to question if he was even innocent the first time around and that Psycho was correct that he was being framed. I mean the first time is believable but another time being framed for crimes that he didn’t commit is highly suspicious.

So I conclude this conclusion that not only is Psycho probably back but he is also impersonating Kang Gon as well just to play mind games with the people that Kang Gon was close with as well as to break them. What do you people think of this theory.

Also this could easily lead to Season 2 if they wanted to. This new season could consist of the search for new Items, the return of the real Kang Gon and the exposure of Psycho as well and also to perhaps prevent some new disaster along the way.

By the way regarding the Items I have noticed that nobody included Psychos Chess Set. It also wasn’t surprisingly locked in his vault as well. What gives with that

Overall I enjoyed this drama as well as the cast. I just wish some of our questions could have been better answered such as how did Kang Gon dream of the event in the future when he had no item of his own. Do items have a thing that if they are with a user for a certain amount of time they can break such laws. Perhaps he was meant to become a Guardian of said Items and it is his mission to prevent such disasters from ever happening that he has been gifted such powers. This brings us to his wish. It was never revealed to us which is a bit strange. For instance, I can understand when Psycho uses the power of the perfume he whispers what he wants them to do. So not revealing the that makes sense to an extent as he wants to keep the viewers in suspense but that should be removed later on. For instance, when he did that to Hak Jae the escaped convict it made sense we were wondering what could he have asked him to do so. Ie as soon as Kang Gon collects all the Items kill him and steal them or just the later or something else such as when he hears a certain tune shoot one of the leads. But the thing is that if we are getting a flashback of said event before Hak Jae got mind controlled and pointed a gun and So Young they could have revealed this bit. Not important but it would have been nice. Anyway as I was talking about Kang Gon’s wish if they didn’t reveal it then perhaps it was because it was important somehow later in the show. Such as that he not only agrees to stay back in that world but that whenever there is a new Item in the world and people try and abuse its use for evil like Psycho and try to cause more Items using other people’s tragedies to their gain he will return to the real world to prevent it from happening. For this end he gets some powers of his own ie visions from the future and let’s face it they came in handy when they had to save So Young. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to pull of job of saving everyone that day. Perhaps the longer that he stays in that world he will become something more than human. But regardless of this balance must be maintained so he probably can’t stay in the real world for long. Etc..

Anyway that is all from my end for the time being. I do feel that I have missed a point that someone else brought up but will try and figure that out later on. Till then I look forward to all your thoughts regarding my theories. Can they be possible or am I just thinking to much. Perhaps Psycho is really dead and Kang Gon did return for real. Thanks for reading my post and baring with such a long post. Take Care all of you.

Archived