[Drama 2019] Item, 아이템

0ly40

Well, this thread is quiet! 

Last week's episodes were quite good especially the second episode where they finally break the prisoner out.  Hope they can hold onto the momentum and the plot keeps moving.  I need  So Young to resolve the issue with  YoHan/the Priest and Da In to escape and Go Dae Soo to escape that freaky netherworld but I think GDS may end up sacrificing himself. Also Se Hwang to finally get his comeuppance, vile man.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, raziela said:

Well, this thread is quiet! 

Last week's episodes were quite good especially the second episode where they finally break the prisoner out.  Hope they can hold onto the momentum and the plot keeps moving.  I need  So Young to resolve the issue with  YoHan/the Priest and Da In to escape and Go Dae Soo to escape that freaky netherworld but I think GDS may end up sacrificing himself. Also Se Hwang to finally get his comeuppance, vile man.

In my opinion, the priest/cop will die this week after JSH meets him. The question is: will he be able to retrieve the items (whip and ring) before? I have the impression that the ex-prisoner owns himself an item: the cap... the question is if they can stop him from committing suicide before. 

Hi all, i have just finished ep 3 of this pretty intense drama i would say.  I am after all a JJH fan so am gonna go watch the rest of the episodes already available. IMO ratings arent always a representation of the drama as most of the times what is rated low in SK may have an exact opposite reaction by international fans. (as in the case of LMH's Faith).

On 3/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the priest/cop will die this week after JSH meets him. The question is: will he be able to retrieve the items (whip and ring) before? I have the impression that the ex-prisoner owns himself an item: the cap... the question is if they can stop him from committing suicide before. 

You were right about the cap!  To my surprise I like the prisoner character a lot (sorry I can't remember his name).  He is a lot of fun, smart and a pretty decent person despite his stealing tendencies.  It's ironic he's the one who was imprisoned and trast like Jo Se Hwang is roaming freely.  Although pretty much anybody would be a decent person compared to a waste of space like Jo Se Hwang. 

So Young is such a smart and quick thinking character.  It's always good to have such a strong female lead in a drama.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, foreverempress said:

Ummm...I might stop watching this drama after this week. It seems like psycho second lead will prevail without fail until probably the last episode. After awhile, without some golden nuggets here and there, it wears thin; it has now worn thin on me.

It was very frustrating in the previous episodes how the villain always comes out on top.  Not to spoil too much but the good guys have made a bit of progress this week at last.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, Prettysup said:

One question, why is the bad guy's father (dressed as a clown) in the same place as Da-In and the gangster when his picture had not been torn yet?

I think it was because he was dressed as a clown when Jo Se Hwang put him in the book.  I feel sorry for the actor having to dress up and act in that clown outfit and make-up. It seems so burdensome. :wacko:

Enjoyed this week's episodes.  I have criticised the director previously but some of the scenes impressed me this week like the flashback to the day of the fire. There are a few things I don't understand about the items and the plot but I'm just not going to ask questions LMAO.  I think I just have to disengage my brain a bit with certain aspects of this drama :lol: 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:34 PM, bebebisous33 said:

You are right. This scene caught my attention too but while writing, I forgot about it as we didn't see the effect of the ring. So the items are the following:

• the book causing sickness: vegetative state
  • the perfume who will push someone to commit suicide
  • the camera who can predict the future
  • the whip
  • the bracelet
  • the ring
  • the lighter (remember the black out... the light)

....can I just add to your list :)

• the face powder case that makes people invisible 
  • the ink stamp that heals
  • another bracelet (seems there are two? the gold one belonging to the old couple and the beaded one from the painter)
  • another album (seems there are two? the one held by the old lady, another by the orphanage children)
  • the hand torch

...the fun of watching the last 10 minutes of Ep14. I think all the items are meant to be mementoes from the ones who perished in the fire to their loved ones who survived. I wondered who is the one with the yellow cap.

19 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

....can I just add to your list :)

• the face powder case that makes people invisible 
  • the ink stamp that heals
  • another bracelet (seems there are two? the gold one belonging to the old couple and the beaded one from the painter)
  • another album (seems there are two? the one held by the old lady, another by the orphanage children)
  • the hand torch

...the fun of watching the last 10 minutes of Ep14. I think all the items are meant to be mementoes from the ones who perished in the fire to their loved ones who survived. I wondered who is the one with the yellow cap.

@Blizzardistkaputt Isn't it the hat that makes people invisible?  I thought the face powder captures and duplicates things.  I need to watch the last 10 minutes again as I think I missed some of the objects.

I wonder about the child in the yellow hat too.  I am guessing he is the little light that was guiding Da In around the creepy inbetween world when she ran away from JSH's clown father.

Hello friends, I would just like to share that I am enjoying this drama even though I am still puzzling over the items and agonising over how the villain is having the upper hand all the time! I am currently at episode 14. That scene of Prosecutor Kang 's reaction of anguish, utter sadness and tenderness toward his niece, Da In who lied dead in the hospital bed was just so awesome. JJH has grown to become a real fine actor!  At the end of this drama, I just want Da In to be alive and there will be a happy scene of uncle and niece having fun time together!

On 3/22/2019 at 1:35 AM, raziela said:

@Blizzardistkaputt Isn't it the hat that makes people invisible?  I thought the face powder captures and duplicates things.  I need to watch the last 10 minutes again as I think I missed some of the objects.

I wonder about the child in the yellow hat too.  I am guessing he is the little light that was guiding Da In around the creepy inbetween world when she ran away from JSH's clown father.

So far, I had more the impression that the 12 items not only belonged to people who died during the fire but they had a special meaning to the deceased. The "detective" wanted to propose to his girlfriend (HJ), the couple wanted to put their memories in it, the student had bought it for his deceased father, the painter had bought the bracelet for his daughter aso. No one claimed for these items as no one knew about the existence of these items. The daughter had no idea that her father had bought a bracelet for her, the girlfriend had no idea about the ring, etc. So all the items had a special meaning... it was as if they had made a promise, had expressed a wish. This is the reason why there is this room of wishes. However, the purpose of this special room is to fulfill their wish. Maybe their wishes have changed, they don't want another tragedy to happen.

Because if my theory is true, then JSH needs to create another disaster so that new items would be created... that's why he plans a train crash.

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So far, I had more the impression that the 12 items not only belonged to people who died during the fire but they had a special meaning to the deceased. The "detective" wanted to propose to his girlfriend (HJ), the couple wanted to put their memories in it, the student had bought it for his deceased father, the painter had bought the bracelet for his daughter aso. No one claimed for these items as no one knew about the existence of these items. The daughter had no idea that her father had bought a bracelet for her, the girlfriend had no idea about the ring, etc. So all the items had a special meaning... it was as if they had made a promise, had expressed a wish. This is the reason why there is this room of wishes. However, the purpose of this special room is to fulfill their wish. Maybe their wishes have changed, they don't want another tragedy to happen.

Because if my theory is true, then JSH needs to create another disaster so that new items would be created... that's why he plans a train crash.

:astonished: Wow! I wondered why he needs the train crash to happen.  Your theory definitely sounds plausible.  

15 hours ago, ross27 said:

Hello friends, I would just like to share that I am enjoying this drama even though I am still puzzling over the items and agonising over how the villain is having the upper hand all the time! I am currently at episode 14. That scene of Prosecutor Kang 's reaction of anguish, utter sadness and tenderness toward his niece, Da In who lied dead in the hospital bed was just so awesome. JJH has grown to become a real fine actor!  At the end of this drama, I just want Da In to be alive and there will be a happy scene of uncle and niece having fun time together!

I am soooo glad So Young's father is in the creepy album world now with Da In.  She is such a brave little girl. I'm a grown-up and those scenes freak me out. I would be so scared. :cry:

This drama is frustrating because everytime we think the good guys might make some progress it turns out JSH has the upperhand again.  Finally the double agent prosecutor has switched sides to the good guys; So Young finally convinced her co-workers about the items but now the Chief is going to rescue YoHan alone without back up (which makes no sense), JSH has captured and used the perfume on So Young

On 3/26/2019 at 5:27 AM, Ni Wen said:

Just dropping by to say I'm enjoying and loving this drama from episode one till now :)

Great!  Nice to see some other people are still watching!

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@raziela I was right with my theory. JSH wanted to create more items through the train crash. 

Good job!  The insightful reaction button was made for you :D

Great episode yesterday!  So glad to see things going right for our heroes for once.  I was wondering when they would try to combine the items and they finally did!  I really like the thief Hak Jae ! He has been such a great addition to the team and the drama.  I think he's my favourite character now even just ahead of So Young and Da In.

I was expecting the Father's death so I can't say I was surprised. 

Does anyone else there is something odd about Se Yeon the little girl?

10 hours ago, raziela said:

Yeah now that you mentioned it, I think u are right! Maybe she is another fake person like that young Detective? 

On 3/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@raziela I was right with my theory. JSH wanted to create more items through the train crash. 

Oh really? I missed that part, I need to rewatch a bit.

BTW why is that lady prosecutor inside the train ?? She doesn't drive ??

On 3/28/2019 at 7:02 AM, raziela said:

I thought that she was looking at someone who she might know him/her well.

I've been enjoy watching 24 episodes straight, I couldn't guess what's going to happen next until EP25 and start to get excited more and more.  I'm wondering what the last item would be. 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, Prettysup said:

BTW why is that lady prosecutor inside the train ?? She doesn't drive ??

She definitely does drive because we saw her in a car earlier in the episode.  I'm not sure how she ended up there either.  Maybe Gon or somebody tipped her off.

16 hours ago, beachygirl said:

I thought that she was looking at someone who she might know him/her well.

I've been enjoy watching 24 episodes straight, I couldn't guess what's going to happen next until EP25 and start to get excited more and more.  I'm wondering what the last item would be. 

@beachygirl Lovely to see you in this thread:blush:  I'm glad you are enjoying the drama.  Just two more episodes to go to see how everything will turn out!

Archived