Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Item, 아이템

Recommended Posts

im lurk hopping between here and A Crowned Clown lols im quite surprised the thread here isn’t moving as fast as it should have been! i mean, this is a dark fantasy kdrama which isnt common shouldn’t it attract lot of people??

 

i can’t get off the Oh Jak Doo image whenever i see JSH in the stripey suit haha and that Versace coat is screaming out loud flaunting the wealth!

 

i dun quite understand why whenever the instant camera flashed n snapped a polaroid his eyes will go blank and got a split second of headache..

 

the Room of Wishes.. reminds me of Harry Potter room of wants.. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 9:06 PM, bebebisous33 said:

The last episode confirmed my theory partially:

- JSH did use the album against his own father

- SGC also used it.

However, I was wrong about the victim. He punished a criminal who could escape punishment by law.

Now, KG is cornered: his colleague is backstabbing him and on the other hand, JSH wants to use KG as his pawn. This is now a race against time. KG has to retrieve all the items for him and DI will be the leverage. By using KG, the villain can escape from the claws of the priest. JSH can determine the victims' time of death (the one in a vegetative state) by cutting their pictures. However, I sense that DI's picture can not last forever... we saw what was happening to her in the dream. Her body started disappearing. 

   

JSH suffers from megalomania... a god complex. He enjoys playing god, giving death sentence or punishment... so he will get rid of his dog in the next episode as he views KG as his next "dog". 

@evie7 @joccu @raziela

 

Thanks for tagging me.  You are so perceptive and you were tight about the "dog".  I was hoping we would get some backstory on how he got involved with Jo Se Hwang and their disturbing relationship but I don't see that happening now.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, foreverempress said:

SO they really did just

  Reveal hidden contents

kill Dae In like that...

 

No one is safe. 

:tears: So sad

 

On 2/27/2019 at 2:33 AM, anony12345 said:

Honestly I love shocking deaths as much as anyone (and it actually annoys me how safe kdramas play it compared to Korean films where all kinds of crazy happens, as that is what got me into Korean Cinema in the first place) but this just happened way too early in the show for me.

 

Like, if he's not richard simmons richard simmons up every episode until the end being ruthless as hell to get revenge I'd be very disappointed and I know that's not going to happen as we're not even at the halfway stage yet. I'd need I Saw the Devil level revenge.

 

This is a supernatural show and they talk about some wish room if you get all the items (though is she getting cremated?) so they could bring her back but even then it wouldn't occur until right in the end if it did. They've genuinely stopped the only interesting relationship in this show for me and the plot isn't interesting enough to keep me watching on its own.

 

I'll watch next week out of closure but I think I'll be dropping this one.

 

Edit: Someone needs to explain this "richard simmons" business to me. Is there a story there?

I'll keep watching until the end to see where this goes and to support JSY but I kind of agree with some of your criticisms. 

 

Aside from the directing, editing and pacing which I think is lacking in places I really don't find Kang Gon a particularly compelling character as the lead. The only time I really warmed to him was during his adorable interactions with his niece.  And his dumb, rash behaviour these last few episodes has frustrated me so much.  Of course I'm on his side because he is a righteous person and Jo Se Hwang is an evil flaming ball of dog poo and I want to see him lose this disgusting game.

 

As it stands with Da In gone the only character I really care about is our profiler Shin So Young.  Shin So Young's dad OK too.

 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, chdom said:

I love the little actress Shin Ri-Nah DI. Hope to see more of her future works. 

She's a great little actress. I look forward to watching her in more dramas.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's (Monday) episode was good! I was not expecting that reveal but now some things from last week make more sense! 

 

Spoiler

I was beginning suspect Da In wasn't truly dead with the picture gradually fading so I guess now it's a race against time to save her

Wonder what will happen next episode now they are trying to frame and arrest KG?  It feels like everything is set up against the good guys but I think the priest is the wild card and could be a variable in their favour.

 

I'm still confused about the circumstances around the amusement park fire.  I thought the initial report said it was a disgruntled caretaker but it seems like there was a conspiracy involving the higher-ups and KG's father was involved too?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@raziela I have to say that I was disappointed after the episode 6 because the prosecutor KG behaved too emotionally and he was too stubborn. This drama is definitely flawed, like f. ex. the stupid cops. However, I have to say that the twist in the episode 7 took me by surprise. The priest and the cop are one and the same person. But now it makes sense why he is helping the prosecutor Han, why he wants to have prosecutor Kang arrested. The priest has definitely lost his mind because he is not different from the ones he is after.  

So the serial killer is after the corrupted higher-ups but based on the preview, he also believes that KG's father was responsible for the incident in November 2003. So prosecutor Kang has been adopted hence the profiler SSY has no idea that she is helping the son of the supposed "culprit" as his name has changed. Since the father had blood on his hands, the son must pay for his crimes that's what the priest is thinking.

However, I doubt that the priest has realized that he has been targeting the wrong persons: he only goes after the puppets. JSH is the mastermind and no one has realized that JSH has been playing god for a long time.

Now, we know why prosecutor Han is on JSH's side. The latter helped her mother (maybe she was terribly sick, back then she accepted the offer unaware that she had signed a pact with the devil). The bodyguard has no idea about the consequences of this generous help. I also understand why JSH doesn't want to enter himself the room of wishes because he could die himself. Notice that DI is trapped in that room, unaware of its true purpose. She has no idea where she is. JSH fears death the most in my opinion. 

 

It looks to me as if history is about to repeat itself... JSH's father might have tried to discover that room of wishes but he ended up causing the incident in November 2003. This would explain why JSH knows about the existence of items and of this room.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi may I post the official MV of "Tonight" OST 3 by Hwang Chi Yeul - views appreciated, thanks :)

 

 

 

 

MV with Eng subs, cr: HCY Music:

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I will drop this show for the time being - may pick it up later if I hear it's good. The show is just way too messy for me currently and it feels like they're changing the direction of the story every episode. I get they want to show the bad guy is unpredictable and in control of peoples lives but one minute it's keep the little girl in a coma to control the lead, then it's kill the little girl to get the lead to grab all the items, now he just wants to see the lead on the run? 

 

Not really sure what the point is of having Da-in most likely show up in all these episodes just to see her in the purgatory type place she is in until she finally gets out in the end. Said it last week but her being in the state she is happened way too early for me as it's just going to be frustrating watching this show as the lead is going to easily get played and beaten by the baddie until the last 2/3 episodes. We'll also see the little girl losing out for a while as well until near the end. 

 

I can't tell if the Priest/detective has a thing for the main female lead which would be weird or if he's just wary of her getting close to the lead as his dad caused the tragedy so is trying to "protect her". Can he morph into anybody?

 

And for christ sake the lead really just needs to wear a bodycam 24/7, richard simmons is getting frustrating - how many times is he going to be the sole witness to important events only for everyone to think he's responsible as he's always the only witness?

 

Anyway will check into this thread in a couple of weeks to see what the consensus is.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed some details because I wasn't able to watch all the episodes.  Did they ever cover where the main girl's dad got the album from?  I actually start to like this a whole lot.  I may not know exactly what is going on or where this is going but the drama keeps my attention.  It doesn't bore me and I can't exactly skip any details since those details can be vital hints.  I don't ask much in a drama.  As long as it's fairly coherent and it doesn't bore me, I can roll with it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@raziela I have to say that I was disappointed after the episode 6 because the prosecutor KG behaved too emotionally and he was too stubborn. This drama is definitely flawed, like f. ex. the stupid cops. However, I have to say that the twist in the episode 7 took me by surprise. The priest and the cop are one and the same person. But now it makes sense why he is helping the prosecutor Han, why he wants to have prosecutor Kang arrested. The priest has definitely lost his mind because he is not different from the ones he is after.  

So the serial killer is after the corrupted higher-ups but based on the preview, he also believes that KG's father was responsible for the incident in November 2003. So prosecutor Kang has been adopted hence the profiler SSY has no idea that she is helping the son of the supposed "culprit" as his name has changed. Since the father had blood on his hands, the son must pay for his crimes that's what the priest is thinking.

However, I doubt that the priest has realized that he has been targeting the wrong persons: he only goes after the puppets. JSH is the mastermind and no one has realized that JSH has been playing god for a long time.

Now, we know why prosecutor Han is on JSH's side. The latter helped her mother (maybe she was terribly sick, back then she accepted the offer unaware that she had signed a pact with the devil). The bodyguard has no idea about the consequences of this generous help. I also understand why JSH doesn't want to enter himself the room of wishes because he could die himself. Notice that DI is trapped in that room, unaware of its true purpose. She has no idea where she is. JSH fears death the most in my opinion. 

 

It looks to me as if history is about to repeat itself... JSH's father might have tried to discover that room of wishes but he ended up causing the incident in November 2003. This would explain why JSH knows about the existence of items and of this room.  

I thought that they are different (the cop and the priest), but the ring allows him to shapeshift. Did I get this wrong?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I thought that they are different (the cop and the priest), but the ring allows him to shapeshift. Did I get this wrong?

Yes, the ring allows him to change his appearance. He can become the young cop.

 

@anony12345 I agree with you. I am frustrated with the evolution of the story. The prosecutor KG is frustrating. Moreover, there are some plothole. Prosecutor Han said that the crimes started after KG's return to Seoul which is totally wrong. The first man was killed before his return. He was hidden behind a wall and KG was still in the province, where he met the man with the bracelet. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that this is supernatural drama but did it really have to also have shapeshifting.

Just trying to keep up this drama. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, the ring allows him to change his appearance. He can become the young cop.

 

@anony12345 I agree with you. I am frustrated with the evolution of the story. The prosecutor KG is frustrating. Moreover, there are some plothole. Prosecutor Han said that the crimes started after KG's return to Seoul which is totally wrong. The first man was killed before his return. He was hidden behind a wall and KG was still in the province, where he met the man with the bracelet. 

The show has some interesting plot threads but it's just trying to do too much for me and it's becoming a mess.

 

I'll read about the show every week as there are some things I'm intrigued in but I can just see me being frustrated as hell actually watching it week in week out as the writing is shoddy and really don't care for the characters

 

Curious to see if he has been seeing the future since he has been a kid

Did his dad actually "do it" (the fire incident) or was it the mind control perfume making him

Why is the second female lead so subservient to the baddie (originally thought she was an old friend of the lead who had a thing for him as well but no idea anymore)

Can the priest shapeshift into anyone and has he been the detective all along 

Also have general interest in the fire incident i.e. did the leads mom die there (has she been mentioned)? Did he see it in a dream before it happened?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how did the priest create the identity for the young cop?  Did they cover that or did I miss something?  Or maybe it's one of those magical moments where I just have to accept it is what it is. 

I have to admit.  I can't stop watching Joo Ji-hoon and I actually prefer him on the run because he looks damn fine in tight jeans, jean jacket and the cap.  I thought I saw that visual in the preview so I'm totally rolling with CEO's change in plan.  Bring it on.  All is well in the world.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. have not watch yet.

Is it good?

When I read the first episode was all over the place... I sort of put off watching..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 6:00 AM, bebebisous33 said:

 

@anony12345 I agree with you. I am frustrated with the evolution of the story. The prosecutor KG is frustrating. Moreover, there are some plothole. Prosecutor Han said that the crimes started after KG's return to Seoul which is totally wrong. The first man was killed before his return. He was hidden behind a wall and KG was still in the province, where he met the man with the bracelet. 

I totally agree about being frustrated with the evolution of the story and KG's character.  Especially this last episode with JSH appearing out of nowhere in the big truck, taking the bracelet and then leaving Gon to become a fugitive for whatever stupid plot reason.  

 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, anony12345 said:

The show has some interesting plot threads but it's just trying to do too much for me and it's becoming a mess.

 

I'll read about the show every week as there are some things I'm intrigued in but I can just see me being frustrated as hell actually watching it week in week out as the writing is shoddy and really don't care for the characters

 

Curious to see if he has been seeing the future since he has been a kid

Did his dad actually "do it" (the fire incident) or was it the mind control perfume making him

Why is the second female lead so subservient to the baddie (originally thought she was an old friend of the lead who had a thing for him as well but no idea anymore)

Can the priest shapeshift into anyone and has he been the detective all along 

Also have general interest in the fire incident i.e. did the leads mom die there (has she been mentioned)? Did he see it in a dream before it happened?

I understand where you are coming from.  I am enjoying the drama more than you appear to be but I feel like there are so many questions and at the same time the plot is inconsistent.  Unfortunately, for a crime/supernatural thriller there is very little suspense in the plot. I feel like every time something big happens and it feels like the story is really going to get exciting it seems to fizzle out.

 

I do really like So Young's character.  She cares about people but is much more sensible than rash KG and seems to be the only one investigating and making progress with finding out information about the deaths.  Another character I like is the older professor lady who helps So Young out.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:35 AM, mrsj3n said:

Hmm.. have not watch yet.

Is it good?

When I read the first episode was all over the place... I sort of put off watching..

i'm enjoying it but the drama has its issues. Directing and editing are not the strongest.  Acting and cinematography are very good. Special effects are good for TV.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, peyutnduy said:

Is this drama so far more bloody than Bad Detective/Less Than Evil?

I didn't watch those dramas but it's not particularly bloody for a crime drama.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...