Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Item, 아이템

Watched ep 1 - 4 today and for me, so far so good. Is this a pre-production drama? Because I read news that Ju Ji Hoon already shooting for his other drama. Means this one must be pre produced, right? If this is pre-prod, I expect for decent CGI since this one is fantasy genre and CGI is definitely will be involved. From ep 1-4, the CGI is quite okay in my opinion. The story is a bit here and there in ep 3 but I can see they are trying to fix that in ep 4. The only distraction for me is just how good looking Ju Ji Hoon in this drama :love::love: I lost focus on everything and ended up staring at him. :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I feel like I can watch the most richard simmons up stuff in TV and film but crazies going after kids especially ones as innocent/vulnerable as the one in this really grates me. Hopefully they don't have the kid perpetually in danger throughout the show or I'm gonna constantly be annoyed.

Like the dynamic between the MC and the niece - reminds me that the fatherly relationship is probably my favourite kind in shows, need to find a show where it's prominent without crazies roaming.

First two episodes weren't that great. Don't think it did the best job in laying the story out as it was jumping all over the place and knowing what we know so far in terms of the characters/story, I don't even feel it was necessary to have the sci-fi element.

The interior design for the baddies house is wack as well - why is he doing everything water? Do we reckon they'll be a specific reason for that or just weird for the sake of it to show that he's unhinged/odd? He was even using the row machine in one. And the MC has powers already (seems to see the future) so does that mean he has an item we don;t know about?

Will stick around purely because the MC/niece relationship interests me and the main actress is cute af but not sure how long I'll last as when the plot starts taking centre stage I think I'll struggle to care enough. Fantasy shows not really my thing.

• Like 5

I decided to check out the first four episodes, and wow, I am so confused!

The story line was messy, too many plots and people were introduced, and the editing was meh. Seems other people felt the same way too....

BUT

I haven't seen Joo Ji Hoon in any movie or drama since Goong (Princess Hours) and the man has morphed into a charismatic actor who is aging like fine wine. :wub: So I will stick around. ;) 

Some thoughts:

• I loved the "father - daughter" relationships in this series. It's so cute that the profiler and her dad have a similar storyline to Kang Gon and Da In.
  • I am worried for little Da In. It seems like she will be in danger. Doesn't the disappearing girl in the photograph in the opening scene look a lot like her? :(
  • Chairman Jo has the most eccentric house I've seen in a long time... He is collecting items and harboring them in his safe. It will be interesting to see what powers the other items have. Chairman Jo himself is quite a nutcase, though. Yeah, he had a terrible childhood, but it seems all of this is just a game for him.
  • I like prosecutor Kang. He is fearless!
  • Da In is always carrying around her melodeon. I don't think that is a coincidence, and I think it will come to play a part in this drama at some point. It reminds me of an organ in a church. Which could come to play a connection to the "illuminati" priest who is going around punishing rotten people.
  • Prosecutor Kang's special power is seeing the future. I am curious to find out how the profiler ended up possessed, jumping down from the roof.

On a side note: Korean hospitals are pretty impressive! As chairman Jo's father was shown in a VIP room in the hospital, the only thing I could focus on was that the room looked bigger than my house! :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

On 2/12/2019 at 2:13 PM, ronayJ said:

Ohhhh true thanks ,i was wondering cause that scene where he said he saw her die in his dreams her eyes were grey ( the same color of the bad guys eyes when he used the camera )

At some point she must get a hold of that camera, see's something that is devastating and decides to kill her self to prevent it from happening. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain her walking off that roof.

@annie1234 I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that just has to stop to admire how handsome Ju Ji Hoon is. It is distracting in a good way.

YpXqSGb.png

@bebebisous33 It's hard to figure out the Priest, did he become a priest to find the items or does he think he's on a mission for god?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

19 minutes ago, evie7 said:

At some point she must get a hold of that camera, see's something that is devastating and decides to kill her self to prevent it from happening. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain her walking off that roof.

@annie1234 I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that just has to stop to admire how handsome Ju Ji Hoon is. It is distracting in a good way.

@bebebisous33 It's hard to figure out the Priest, did he become a priest to find the items or does he think he's on a mission for god?

In my opinion, he became a priest as he felt helpless. Notice that he is judging people for their sins. He even punished himself for the murders too. So his mission is for god, he is  trying to retrieve the items in the name of god. Maybe (for him) the items were created by god but they ended up in the wrong hands.  

That would be my first explanation but we can not be sure as we know too little. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Finally watched! Really enjoyed it (more than I expected to actually!) although I do agree with the criticisms of editing and pacing and all the various storylines, characters and flashbacks and flash forwards were difficult to keep straight.  But there is definitely an intriguing story there and I'm already interested to see how it will all come together and make sense over the upcoming episodes.  I thought all the actors were well-cast even the minor characters. I thought the special effects were very good for a TV show too. 

Da In is so cute and her relationship with her uncle is so heartwarming:heart:  But I'm very scared now we know she has the bracelet :ph34r:

On 2/13/2019 at 4:40 PM, anony12345 said:

The interior design for the baddies house is wack as well - why is he doing everything water? Do we reckon they'll be a specific reason for that or just weird for the sake of it to show that he's unhinged/odd? He was even using the row machine in one.

I'm pretty sure the water gives the ITEMs their power.  Remember when the short, weedy guy with the strength bracelet in the first episode was running away from Kang Won the bracelet stopped working.  When they went to the abandoned building and water dripped on the bracelet it glowed and started working again.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

This OST makes me want to start watching Item asap! I like it a lot. 

And i found out Son Seung Yeon is the one singing. No wonder it sounds great. She is the Queen of Masked Singers hohoho.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I started to watch this drama and became so confused.  I decided to start at episode once again and see if it starts to make sense.  I decided to watch this drama because of Joo Ji  Hoon.  I watched Five Fingers and Mask and loved his acting.  I agree that he has aged as fine wine.  Some people mature well and he is one of them.  I am hoping that when I re-watch this drama, I will understand it better and be able to stick with it.

• Like 5

Haven’t watched ep 5-6 yet but this is here is the reason I lost focus on the story

He looks super hot and gentle in this scene :love: it’s not even a romantic scene. OMG! Stop being that HOT!! I can’t focus to the story if you look like that. hahaha. Props to the stylists in this drama, everyone’s hairstyle and clothing in this drama is on point for me.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@partyon Great that you are here. :kiss_wink: Sure, the editing was a little weird but it has improved in the episode 3. Now, we know definitely more. Profiler Shin So Young knows the priest who used to be a doctor. Both were traumatized due to the same incident. SSY lost her mother hence I sense that the doctor must have lost someone as well. While the former doctor is trying to punish the ones responsible for their misery, our crazy villain is determined to collect all the items. Now it looks like prosecutor Kang Gon will be used by Jo Se Hwang to retrieve all the items. Now, we have 6 items:

- the book causing sickness: vegetative state

- the perfume who will push someone to commit suicide

- the camera who can predict the future

- the whip

- the bracelet

- the lighter

However, I have the impression that there could be 7 items as we have 7 sins. Yet, since prosecutor Kang has the gift to predict the future, I believe that he is more powerful than JSH as the latter has to rely on the camera. I have the impression that JSH's father is in the coma due to the book which JSH used against his father. Maybe the father is the one who started researching for the items... and the incident was caused by him. This would explain why the priest is not going after the chairman, since he is already in the vegetative state.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

@bebebisous33 Great analysis ! I think there are already 6 items? The scene where Profiler Shin So Young was with her partner (male cop who calls her sunbae. He has a ring on his finger and looks a an item to me.  Not sure how to insert the picture but a link is provided here~ http://imgur.com/a/Dl5VU6s

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Wenrene said:

@bebebisous33 Great analysis ! I think there are already 6 items? The scene where Profiler Shin So Young was with her partner (male cop who calls her sunbae. He has a ring on his finger and looks a an item to me.  Not sure how to insert the picture but a link is provided here~ http://imgur.com/a/Dl5VU6s

You are right. This scene caught my attention too but while writing, I forgot about it as we didn't see the effect of the ring. So the items are the following:

• the book causing sickness: vegetative state
  • the perfume who will push someone to commit suicide
  • the camera who can predict the future
  • the whip
  • the bracelet
  • the ring
  • the lighter (remember the black out... the light)

The priest has two items: the whip and the lighter. JSH has three: the book, the camera and the book... but he had 4 before. But there is the possibility that there could exist 10 items. 10 items because of the God's 10 Commandments 

1. You shall have no other Gods but me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
  4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
  5. Respect your father and mother.
  6. You must not commit murder.
  7. You must not commit adultery.
  8. You must not steal.
  9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
  10. You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

By the way, I wanted to point out another thought: it looks to me that prosecutor Kang lost his parents as well. First indication is the fact that his brother asked him to take care of his daughter. Then we only see pictures of him with his niece or her parents. I have the impression that KG could have lost his parents on the day, he received the seal with the same symbol from the book. We saw a flashback. Maybe that day, he met the clown... the one in the book.

preview for next week

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Now, prosecutor Kang Gon believes that the priest is the one who hurt his niece. 

• Like 2

@bebebisous33  Thank you for your analysis.  Now when I re-watch Item, I will have a better idea of what is happening and what to look for.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

@bebebisous33  Thank you for your analysis.  Now when I re-watch Item, I will have a better idea of what is happening and what to look for.  

You're welcome. Now it seems clear that the priest, prosecutor Kang, profiler Shin and KDS are related to the tragedy that happened in November 2003. It looks like the book was involved and Shin's father even had it in his hand, when he was investigating the case. So someone must have sold (or given) it to JSH and the latter used it against his father. In my opinion, the priest is trying to retrieve the items. Notice that he went after KDS, although this man had already lost the bracelet.    

• Like 2

Hopefully the little girl isn't in the coma too long - her relationship and interactions with the lead have been the best thing about the show so far. The scene after he's attacked and she hits him was painful and so well acted - don't know how Kdramas consistently have such solid kid actors. Not sure what the range is of the main actor but was expecting something more when he found out his niece had been attacked and is now in a vegetative state - may get it in a later episode I guess.

Still not sold on this story to be honest. Guess I can't fully judge until it has been revealed a bit more so will give the show at least a chance until that happens. 

How did the female leads dad get to the roof before anyone else to help the lead? Did I miss something there

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

You're welcome. Now it seems clear that the priest, prosecutor Kang, profiler Shin and KDS are related to the tragedy that happened in November 2003. It looks like the book was involved and Shin's father even had it in his hand, when he was investigating the case. So someone must have sold (or given) it to JSH and the latter used it against his father. In my opinion, the priest is trying to retrieve the items. Notice that he went after KDS, although this man had already lost the bracelet.    

I agree with you I think they are all survival or family member of the tragedy in Nov 2003.

For the items, is there possibility that these items belong to all the victim in the tragedy? remember the scene of shin father photograph all the item belong to the victim and said that later on the relative might want to see it. I think I saw the pink instant camera? but I might be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1