Item.jpg

아이템

Network: MBC

Episodes: 32

Genre: Fantasy

Airdate: February 11th - April 2nd, 2019

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Synopsis:

Following Netflix’s Kingdom, he’s confirmed to take on the starring role in MBC’s new fantasy drama Item, about an ordinary man who develops superpowers. The drama is an adaptation of a webtoon with the same name "Item".

The series is about a police profiler and a prosecutor’s attempts to uncover secrets of items with special powers of protection. Joo Ji Hoon will play the character of prosecutor Kang Gon, who get involved in a corruption case in his department. Kang Gon is described as passionate and strong but has a soft side particularly for his niece Da In. The TV adaptation will be produced by Huayu Brothers and will be written by Jung Yi-do (Save Me).

Item is slated to air in early 2019 on MBC’s Monday-Tuesday timeslot.

Cast:

Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Gon

1.jpg

Jin Se Yeon as Shin So Young

2.jpg

Kim Kang Woo as Jo Se Hwang

3.jpg

Kim Yoo Ri as Han Yoo Na

4.jpg

Park Won Sang as Goo Dong Young

5.jpg

Character Chart:

cast-v3.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Item, 아이템 - Joo Ji Hoon - Mon & Tue - Early 2019

Jin Se-Yun cast in MBC drama series “Item” (source: asianwiki)

Item_Korean_Drama-SMLF1.jpg

Jin Se-Yun is cast for the lead female role role in upcoming MBC drama series “Item” co-starring Ju Ji-Hoon. Jin Se-Yun and Ju Ji-Hoon previously worked together in 2012 SBS drama series “Five Fingers.” For drama series “Item,” Jin Se-Yun will play Shin So-Young. She works as a criminal profiler. Shin So-Young and Kang Gon (Ju Ji-Hoon) work together on a case involving things with supernatural powers. Drama series is based on webcomic “Item” by Min Hyung.

“Item” will first air January, 2019 in South Korea.

The drama plot about ordinary man who develop superpower is not something i'm too excited about. It sounded too much like Marvel comic to me :huh:.. But since JSY has never done a fantasy based drama so it will be interesting to see. Her past two dramas have been all historical dramas so it's good that she trying various genre i guess.   Never seen "Five Fingers" so i have no idea of her chemistry with JJH but it's something to look forward too. They must have been comfortable working with each other to do another project again.. 

Furthermore with the addition of Kim Kang Woo as a villian it will be a perfect cast. He'll be one of those psychopath that i will find it hard to hate cause he's so good looking. I can imagine him looking sinister already.  

7 hours ago, Rafael Pascual said:

what happened? it was previously announced that Huayi Brothers (the namesake subsidiary of the Chinese media company) will produce this. but on the latest news I read, it will now be self-produced by MBC. 

Maybe it's better that it will be self-produced by MBC so the drama will be aired through south korea mainstream broadcasting channel. I'm just glad it was pick up by MBC rather than the drama going to a cable channel. 

On 9/12/2018 at 1:35 PM, imot said:

The drama plot about ordinary man who develop superpower is not something i'm too excited about. It sounded too much like Marvel comic to me :huh:.. But i since JSY has never done a fantasy based drama so it will be interesting to see. Her past two dramas have been all historical dramas so it's good that she trying various genre i guess.   Never seen "Five Fingers" so i have no idea of her chemistry with JJH but it's something to look forward too. They must have been comfortable working with each other to do another project again.. 

Furthermore with the addition of Kim Kang Woo as a villian it will be a perfect cast. He'll be one of those psychopath that i will find it hard to hate cause he's so good looking. I can imagine him looking sinister already.  

We're all saying the same on the JSY thread lol! There must be something very attractive about this rather mundane sounding plot that has all these actors sign up especially Joon Ji Hoon after a long break from dramas. It will be interesting to see JSY work in a different genre from her previous dramas.

I know what you mean about Kim Kang Woo.  He's so goodlooking and gives off a very likeable vibe so I assume he will be a very charming villain.

2 hours ago, Rafael Pascual said:

MBC will self-produce "Item"

Is that a good thing or not? I'm not really familiar with production stuff for mbc so I'm curious. But I do heard that huayi brother is one of the well-known production right? So it such a waste that they can't produce this...

9 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Is that a good thing or not? I'm not really familiar with production stuff for mbc so I'm curious. But I do heard that huayi brother is one of the well-known production right? So it such a waste that they can't produce this...

it depends on what MBC will do. Well, Huayi Bros. Korea's productions were lackluster (including Ruler, which drew flak due to poor execution).

Some of MBC's self-produced dramas did well. Exhibit A: Shopaholic Louis.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived