How do you handle toxic people in your life?

Bono Chavez

How do you handle people who always has something negative to say about you?

People who loves to pinpoint your flaws and make you feel bad and small because that is what satisfies them?

Do you snap back at them or do you just walk away? Do you think of a witty comeback against them or do you just smile?

• 2 weeks later...

It depends. 

Is it at work ? I would try to talk to my supervisor.

Is it in your circle of friends ? I would try to defend myself. 

Is it in your family ? If it is a senior, I cannot talk back. It happened before that I talked back and I was lectured to be rude and so some of my family dislike me and keep saying I'm so rude with seniors... 

Is it a stranger ? I don't have the courage to talk back to a stranger. I don't know how they would react and I think it is not worth my time for someone that see me one time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly some of these "toxic people" are in my family! They say family is reliable at times one need them the most. Total BS. 

It's hard to cut them off as I still need to keep in contact with my mom. 

As for others, I try to avoid but if not, I guess, "Kill 'em With Kindness?" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Show'em the door and have no contact with them. Once they are on my dark side, I pretty much ignore them. Not worth my time. 

Archived