[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

42 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

I'd have to respectfully disagree. I'm personally glad that YR didn't get much screen time. I've noticed that viewers on twitter, instagram, and message boards disliked the character right from the start. Even when she had the screen time and focus AND a sympathetic storyline with her co-workers being unfair and horrible to her....her character was still coming across as cold and unrelatable to people. Maybe the production team/writer had noticed this fan reaction and shifted the focus onto the Lawyer Dan/Lawyer Choi romance as the secondary romance/leads since viewers were responding more positively to both characters and the coupling

The reason why they desliked her is because the writers WROTE her this way, they wrote her as plot device to create jealousy for the main characters with no validation, she acted cold because she was intimitaded in her work place by being verbally pressured by her superior , maybe the actress came off as a cold but its not her responsibility to change the script which coming to my first belief that instead of building her character and introducing her "struggles" they just went with her being "cold" and just explaining to the audience her past with SW . 

Sure the Choi/Dan couple comes off as cute because there is no great conflict or drama focus and because the actors clicked well. Another food for thought , SW/YR lost a lot of screentime due to the previous actor dropping out and the SW we got had to initially enter an already established cast and had to build chemistry with an actress that maybe he is not clicking as much . I still think they could have done better job with YR. The same with SW ( good thing the actor is really established and knows his game ) 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hemmm I woke up still kind of bummed..  

@wolfie26 I agree that Lee Sang Woo is doing an ace game with the scenes he’s been given, and really feel it’s the writing that’s done his arc shame. We’ll never know huh but it feels like they didn’t reshoot all the scenes that the original Sewon had (ep1-4), cos LSW had so little screen time in that. 

Also LDW is looking really slim, particularly with the wardrobe he’s been given this drama. 

I think I shan’t hold out for an ep13 reunion but I’ll be interested to see how Jinshim reunites with JR considering he’s doing the cold treatment to her as per preview blearghhhhh. I was betting on her doing the reuniting; I remembered that before softie sweet JR in a relationship it was Jinshim doing the legwork in breaking down his walls with her cuteness and sincerity. Gosh I miss his unfettered smile when she hugged him from behind and said let’s date! Seems like light years away now ahhhhh Kwonbyeon you said you would take your time slowly for a long time in this relationship why have you fallen prey to the noble idiot trope.

edit: my friend says the preview said they separated for a month.. sobs...

1 hour ago, fitzsimmons said:

I'd have to respectfully disagree. I'm personally glad that YR didn't get much screen time. I've noticed that viewers on twitter, instagram, and message boards disliked the character right from the start. Even when she had the screen time and focus AND a sympathetic storyline with her co-workers being unfair and horrible to her....her character was still coming across as cold and unrelatable to people. Maybe the production team/writer had noticed this fan reaction and shifted the focus onto the Lawyer Dan/Lawyer Choi romance as the secondary romance/leads since viewers were responding more positively to both characters and the coupling. 

Again, no offense to the actress or her acting skills. Perhaps this character was simply miscast and needed a different type of an actress. Let's compare to the casting in DOTS of the secondary pairing, I personally loved them more than the leads because I felt both actors were powerful and charming. And they were huge fan favorites with people. I think it's about picking an actor that fits the character perfectly. And that's tough to do. 

BUT to add, I think the shift will be on the other couples next week precisely because our lead couple is on a break. Perhaps, the writer was waiting to tell the other stories a little bit later as our pairing is experiencing heartbreak and separation....

As a HUGE fan of the lead pairing, I will miss them next week if we won't see them interact as much. I've been blessed to see a lot of screen time with them in the first 12 episodes. So I'm thankful. But for me, next week might be tough if they are completely in separate stories and apart. Even if Choi/Dan are adorable....my favorite will always be YS/JR. AND keep in mind, this show has technically 4 pairings which is a lot. Most KDramas have 1-2 pairings. I haven't seen any with more than 2 to be honest. 

I have to agree with you ... sigh ... there isn’t enough time to develop YYR’s character and her relationship with SW. 

Regarding KDramas with more than 1 pairing - I think Because This Is My First Life did it very successfully!! There were THREE pairings! And it had the SAME PD!!

33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the text preview for ep 13.

Experiencing the pain of a separation for the first time, Jin Shim finds it even more difficult to accept the separation…
The next day, she makes the excuse that she needs to get her things to go to the law firm, but she leaves again because of Jung Rok’s cold reception…

Then, Jin Shim and Jung Rok each individually immerses themselves into their work.
While doing that, the mom of Park Su Myeong, the real culprit in the Im Yoon Hee’s case, comes looking for Jung Rok,
the Always Law Firm is totally engulfed in an uproar...!!

@Yeojachingudeul, here you go.

My heart's going to be torn into pieces yet again next week ...  Thank you for the translation

30 minutes ago, attriste said:

Also LDW is looking really slim, particularly with the wardrobe he’s been given this drama. 

Not only the wardrobe, the makeup as well. His face is particularly emaciated and pale....:blink: While in the PressCon and also other promotional events, he looked just fine...:tears:  I put the blame solely on the makeup artists and wardrobe department....<_<:angry:

12 minutes ago, cenching said:

Not only the wardrobe, the makeup as well. His face is particularly emaciated and pale....:blink: While in the PressCon and also other promotional events, he looked just fine...:tears:  I put the blame solely on the makeup artists and wardrobe department....<_<:angry:

Well I like his turtlenecks haha. Maybe the filming for TYH + Produce is taking a toll, I don’t think I’ve seen his face this sharp before. But for the love of foreheads can the kdrama world do away with shaggy fringes already. LDW has nice expressive eyebrows please don’t hide it!

5 minutes ago, attriste said:

But for the love of foreheads can the kdrama world do away with shaggy fringes already. LDW has nice expressive eyebrows please don’t hide it!

You meant this??? :scream:

2SkQV.jpg

I wondering about the fringes since the beginning.....He is an attorney and matured man but they gave him Young JB's fringes...I just don't understand....<_<  Btw, he looked particularly pale in the break up scene....:tears:

screenshot_20190105_1347401887130515.jpg?w=854images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS50olGokVWhUDp_Cwjyzh

There is no greater love or sacrifice than loving someone beyond yourself or even your own happiness...

What kind of man is this? KJR

Ending where you once started isn't about the lack of love but rather the abundance of it...  When he has been gifted with more happiness than he ever thought possible.  When he has witnessed first hand all that OJS has had to go through and endure.  When he has heard from those whom are closest to her and knows all she deserves.

While refusing in saying he wouldn't be the first to let go.  When he is struggling in driving home in his heart and in his mind.  When he can't seem to sleep while tossing and turning in his bed.  When he makes excuses instead of telling his coworkers the truth.  When he stands there all alone with only memories thinking on the roof.  When he misses her farewell party because he already has a farewell plan of his own.  Who wants to suffer saying good-bye twice when once is hard enough...

When he thanked her and it wasn't simply words. 

When his lips and heart trembled in dreading in even having to face her in saying lets break up out loud.

For he knew he was deceiving himself body and soul but her happiness meant more...

Love isn't about receiving but more about giving.  And putting the other persons happiness first.

Something her manager and others still need to learn. 

Breaking up may seem to be a mistake but to him it was done in love and for her sake...

21 minutes ago, Mydzblue0421 said:

Can a romcom drama be extended even they reported it will have 16 ep like TYH? I was informed that historical plots only do this. I just TYH have smooth transition since we only have 4 epi. No hanging question from all the characters 

It depends on the rating and sadly this time, the rating of tyh is not good enough to extend the drama. (3,7% ~ 4%)

i hugely doubt they are gonna extend the drama.

Even all the colleagues at ALWAYS don’t know they’re dating.. or used to date.. such a sad romance under wraps. 

I need some vitamin BTS now lol.. amusement park scene please..

also I was reading some comments about the lack of skinship and I’m wondering whether it’s this PD’s framing, I recall WSK had their characters side by side with visible gaps a lot as well and it bugged me.

With what is happening now I am afraid the rating for next two episodes would even be lower and possibly hit all time low.

I feel like the preview is a bit unfair for OJS. Although we know very well that preview always tries to trick us, it brings the feeling to me that OJS moves on better with the separation. She is shining in all aspects, at the shoots, on the scenes, on the street, even in a van with her manager. Meanwhile KJR seems more suffering by throwing himself into work and new situation of the old case. When they play game at KJR’s, she was granted a wish and she has not yet used it. I’m very curious if it would be something she uses in the last 4 episodes. 

Anyway, I really don’t like the way OJS’s crew treats her like a little girl. Even OJS herself, too pure & simple to be true in K showbiz. 

3 hours ago, Yeojachingudeul said:

It depends on the rating and sadly this time, the rating of tyh is not good enough to extend the drama. (3,7% ~ 4%)

i hugely doubt they are gonna extend the drama.

Yeah even Goblin did nt extend ;(. I just hope for the best. How’s the rating yesterday?

3 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

With what is happening now I am afraid the rating for next two episodes would even be lower and possibly hit all time low.

I feel like the preview is a bit unfair for OJS. Although we know very well that preview always tries to trick us, it brings the feeling to me that OJS moves on better with the separation. She is shining in all aspects, at the shoots, on the scenes, on the street, even in a van with her manager. Meanwhile KJR seems more suffering by throwing himself into work and new situation of the old case. When they play game at KJR’s, she was granted a wish and she has not yet used it. I’m very curious if it would be something she uses in the last 4 episodes. 

Anyway, I really don’t like the way OJS’s crew treats her like a little girl. Even OJS herself, too pure & simple to be true in K showbiz. 

I do think she makes herself to look happier in front of camera as a way to shield herself

For me what JS tries to do is to conceal her real feeling and her suffer after JR told her that they should break up. 

Don’t forget that from the text preview of ep 13 , JS tries to excuse herself by going to the always firm again and see JR BUT JR gives her a cold shoulder and cold response as if their relationship meant nothing him (i think it will turn out this way).

heartbroken yet  she decided to be brave by doing the first move to ask WHY they needed to break up , and she perhaps conveys she loves him. 

As a woman whose feeling has been heartbroken to that extent, i think by “appearing happier than she has ever been” is enough reason to be fair and justified , to make sure JR knows

“hey, i’m not gonna be miserable and sad just because this relationship is ended” to show him she’s stronger and happier even without him. 

BUT then her shield is broken when she sees JR hits the rock bottom after media corners him (due to that re-emerging case) and hence this time she will be the one who will console him and then they realise they need to be together to solve all their problems.

But i still have high hopes they’re gonna reconcile by ep 14 

:)

7 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Love isn't about receiving but more about giving.  And putting the other persons happiness first.

Something her manager and others still need to learn. 

Breaking up may seem to be a mistake but to him it was done in love and for her sake...

Thanks for this great insight to the breakup scene.

I thought the choice he made is so aligned to KJR's character.... Right from the first day he met OJS, he has shown to be a very sensitive guy; He bought her lunch even though he is not pleased with her being late and not being able to help. He remembered her saying she can't eat lunch alone...... He could sit in the cold and eat the food she prepared because it is her dream... Tell u so much that he is paying attention to her needs and wants.... 

He knows that OJS will probably not tell him that she is suffering because of their relationship because she tends to hide her sadness and put on a happy front...So he knows it must be for him to make that decision... he knows how much she loved acting and has seen the happiness she has in her face when she is reminiscing her acting days.... Like u said it... Because of the great love he has for her... He has seen that being with him will make her suffer.. So he would rather let go... 

I think it might not be a bad idea to be separated for a while because i think it will help OJS grow to be a better actress and for the two of them to discover that they are better together than apart... 

I just finished watching episode 12 and in the last 2 minutes, I repeatedly told myself not to cry. But, I had my tear during that time KJR brought OJS to his house and congratulated her for her comeback. I found that scene very touching.

Anyway, a lot of people disagree of the breakup, but for me, I found it reasonable and kinda realistic. If netizens found out that OJS is (or should I say it 'was' ㅠㅠ) dating KJR, her working at the law firm (which became her bridge to be loved again by the fans) would lost its sincerity, and netizens would start to bash her again.

But I also wish that the breakup won't last an episode *JEBAAAAAL PD-NIM* and we will get an intense skinship, kissing scene and more from our beloved OTP. I was dying from this since episode 1 lol.

P.S. I just remembered Weightlifting Fairy (mianhe if I need to mention other drama), but the skinship and kissing scenes of that drama started in episode 11 or someting later episodes, but the OTP dated irl (but unfortunately broke up later on, since they are still young, no problem).

I just want to give you some hopes. 

I CAN'T WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY TO COME THO I DON'T WANT THIS DRAMA TO END....

Archived