[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rocat said:

@plappi is this the jazzy sounding track playing close to the end of ep2?

it’s especially poignant when songs used also reflect the mood and storyline the way a musical does. 

I think Encounter did that, hopefully this one would too.

Yes it is.

And playlist from ep.1 - Michael Bublé - Haven't Met You Yet

13 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Also personally I like to see the man save the woman from dangerous situations and catch the woman when she falls, etc. Men by nature are strong and protectors. I'm not afraid to let a man step up and protect me. In fact, I welcome it. Doesn't mean I'm not smart, strong, or capable, though. 

Just my 2 cents. Again, I know I'm probably considered "old fashioned" for this day and age, but I kinda wish the world could go back to being a little more old fashioned. 

Call me old fashioned too and thank you, for putting this down in words :heart: I could not have said this any better.  BTW chingu I'm in Tampa!crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif We are practically neighbors. 

I agree with most of you the way OYS is shown at the beginning was problematic, I was not sure I would like this drama but I had to keep watching and I'm so happy I did.  I love romcoms,

I feel OYS's struggle trying to pick something up when you are wearing a short dress. love. love, love LDW's deadpan face.  

Random: The "pet noise" case that OYS was referring to in the US about the lawsuit that resulted in a $500,000 (not $500 MILLION as erroneously subtitled) judgment happened in Seattle in 2015. The complaint was about a dog that supposedly barked at a constant 128 db, which is louder than a chainsaw or even the takeoff of a military jet.

Source of the story: https://whnt.com/2015/02/11/family-could-lose-house-over-500000-barking-dog-lawsuit/

Thank you for the BTS guys! Really really appreciate it. 

Today I had the chance to watch ep1, this time in Viki and boy... I realised I missed few details and noticed something strange too. 

I downloaded the 1st episode and the episode started with Buble’s Haven’t Met You Yet and yetttt! In viki it was totally different song with better editing too!  I realised when YS arrived at the court, JR just arrived too but they went separate ways. 

nice touch Director nim!

now i wonder if there are two versions aired... 

and after watching BTS with Jang ki Yong i wonder if he and YIN  really kiss or is it just camera angle. Lol i actually had a hunch but i can wonder that much here, can’t I? :P

Hi guys, I've been reading your thoughts and messages.

I was very happy with the first two episodes. In fact, I've re-watched them several times. First of all, as expected, the chemistry between InNa and Wook was PERFECT. And I was looking specifically for something FUN and FEEL GOOD. Nothing heavy or too angsty. I had a LONG busy work week. So I was glad to see a series that is light and romantic. 

Secondly, I like the writing for both lead characters. Both are multi layered with different sides to them. As others have said, I also don't think she was portrayed as "ditzy" or "stupid." In fact, the writer showed strength to her character in various scenes. For one thing, she didn't quit at the first sign of struggle. Instead, she got home and studied and prepared for the next day. She came wearing appropriate clothing and with a strong resilience to do well at the job. Secondly, when she heard the other ladies gossiping about her, she responded maturely. She didn't start a scene or fight. She simply put a smile on and did her work. And finally, when her poster was being taken down, she again reacted maturely. And when he gave her actual research work, she was happy to do it and did it well. And let's also remember that she got into a law school. Yes, she stayed for a semester. But just to get into a law school isn't an easy task. 

Now onto our lead male. I LOVE that the writer didn't have him be "cold" and "heartless" who suddenly turns kind later on... Instead, we saw clearly that he has a GOOD heart since day one. In episode one despite clashing with her, he still bought her lunch. Granted, he didn't get a chance to give it to her since they got into a dispute. But just the fact that he took the time to go to a restaurant and pick up food for her counts even when he thought she was acting like a diva. Then, in episode 2, he saw more layers to her. And he even apologized. He also asked her to lunch various times. And he defended her in front of that other guy during the car accident. And finally, he hid the poster of her in the trash from her to spare her feelings. He was considerate of her. And he offered a new beginning with a smile. AND HE CAUGHT HER. He understood how embarrassed she was last time....and he wasn't going to let that happen again to her....Not to mention, he also complimented her work. So he is fair and honest. 

I love that both characters have good hearts. They aren't "changing" for anyone. They are good people who have gone through terrible times. I'm sure we will get more back story on him to see what happened. 

I also love the PACE of this series. It's not dragging or taking too long. It was realistic for him to misunderstand her in the first episode since she showed up late and dressed like for an award show just as it was realistic for him to see the stronger side and resilient sides to her. Of course, he gave her a real chance in episode 2. Because why not? She expressed that she wants to work well. She isn't being lazy or unreasonable. She showed up on time and dressed for work and completed her tasks. Also, keep in mind, it's only 16 episodes. I really want to see the ROMANCE between these two characters. 

The supporting cast/characters are all entertaining by the way. They are refreshing. I didn't fast forward through ANY scenes which is rare for me. I think my second favorite pairing will be Mama's Boy and The Apologetic Girl. Their scenes caught my attention more than the other angsty secondary pairing...I mean it's still early and just one scene. So maybe I will warm up to them later. 

On Viki, this series is rated as 9.8 so far. And the reviewers from fans from VARIOUS countries are favorable and complimentary. International fans are LOVING the series and the lead actors a lot. We just have to see if K fans will warm up, too. Hopefully word of mouth will spread since episode 2 showed a more EMOTIONAL and DEEP side to the characters for the fans who love the more in depth stories....Also, the Empress is quite the big competition for the series. But it is ending soon. So I'm hoping ratings will improve.

I did hear that TvN wasn't promotion Touch Your Heart on primetime as much as other shows. Is that true? If so, then the show's ratings will depend on fan reviews and recommendations. Overall, I think the ratings were SOLID the first week. Keep in mind, during the premiere, it was a Korean New Year. A holiday....And the next day, The Empress returned with a new episode. 

I've been browsing twitter and tumblr, and I'm seeing gif sets and comments in Turkish, Russian, Spanish, English, Thai, and Korean. So I think it's basically an international hit already....

I keep thinking it's a Monday-Tuesday drama and I just have to get through the weekend. D'oh! I'm really excited to see them warming up to each other even more next week. LDW has a really great smile. I think we've only gotten a few half smiles so far. So I'm ready for some full ones :)

Everyone on here has a lot of great insights. After re-watching the eps w/ subs, I am very curious about the drinking thing. JR doesn't seem interested in drinking and also at one point mentions to YS that she should maybe slow her roll. But when YS she won't, that she'll probably drink more since she's in a good mood, he doesn't say anything. So it must not be a super major issue for him, but there's something there and I want to know what. 

I'm also curious about Se Won and the lady at the prosecutor's office (sorry I forgot her name). I had a little trouble following their story in ep 2. Tbh, their characters seemed a bit out of place in the overall story, so I'm guessing they are somehow connected to YS in the past or else they will be in the future.

I wonder how much JR knows about YS' scandal. Do you think he has researched it at all? Also, I wonder if they will end up having a hidden connection in the past. That's a pretty common thing in rom coms, so I'm waiting to see if they do, and if they do, what it will be.

@Jonah Kyle thanks for the info on the dog barking case. When I read the subtitles, my eyes popped out of my head haha. But even so, 500k is a lot! I think I want more details on this case now, like why exactly they were awarded so much money! Maybe they had permanent hearing loss from it. And what about the dog's owner? Anyways...lol

@evie7 Hi neighbor!! So fun to meet someone on here who lives so close by. Let's have fun with this drama together :)

3 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Hi guys, I've been reading your thoughts and messages.

I was very happy with the first two episodes. In fact, I've re-watched them several times. First of all, as expected, the chemistry between InNa and Wook was PERFECT. And I was looking specifically for something FUN and FEEL GOOD. Nothing heavy or too angsty. I had a LONG busy work week. So I was glad to see a series that is light and romantic. 

Secondly, I like the writing for both lead characters. Both are multi layered with different sides to them. As others have said, I also don't think she was portrayed as "ditzy" or "stupid." In fact, the writer showed strength to her character in various scenes. For one thing, she didn't quit at the first sign of struggle. Instead, she got home and studied and prepared for the next day. She came wearing appropriate clothing and with a strong resilience to do well at the job. Secondly, when she heard the other ladies gossiping about her, she responded maturely. She didn't start a scene or fight. She simply put a smile on and did her work. And finally, when her poster was being taken down, she again reacted maturely. And when he gave her actual research work, she was happy to do it and did it well. And let's also remember that she got into a law school. Yes, she stayed for a semester. But just to get into a law school isn't an easy task. 

Now onto our lead male. I LOVE that the writer didn't have him be "cold" and "heartless" who suddenly turns kind later on... Instead, we saw clearly that he has a GOOD heart since day one. In episode one despite clashing with her, he still bought her lunch. Granted, he didn't get a chance to give it to her since they got into a dispute. But just the fact that he took the time to go to a restaurant and pick up food for her counts even when he thought she was acting like a diva. Then, in episode 2, he saw more layers to her. And he even apologized. He also asked her to lunch various times. And he defended her in front of that other guy during the car accident. And finally, he hid the poster of her in the trash from her to spare her feelings. He was considerate of her. And he offered a new beginning with a smile. AND HE CAUGHT HER. He understood how embarrassed she was last time....and he wasn't going to let that happen again to her....Not to mention, he also complimented her work. So he is fair and honest. 

I love that both characters have good hearts. They aren't "changing" for anyone. They are good people who have gone through terrible times. I'm sure we will get more back story on him to see what happened. 

I also love the PACE of this series. It's not dragging or taking too long. It was realistic for him to misunderstand her in the first episode since she showed up late and dressed like for an award show just as it was realistic for him to see the stronger side and resilient sides to her. Of course, he gave her a real chance in episode 2. Because why not? She expressed that she wants to work well. She isn't being lazy or unreasonable. She showed up on time and dressed for work and completed her tasks. Also, keep in mind, it's only 16 episodes. I really want to see the ROMANCE between these two characters. 

The supporting cast/characters are all entertaining by the way. They are refreshing. I didn't fast forward through ANY scenes which is rare for me. I think my second favorite pairing will be Mama's Boy and The Apologetic Girl. Their scenes caught my attention more than the other angsty secondary pairing...I mean it's still early and just one scene. So maybe I will warm up to them later. 

On Viki, this series is rated as 9.8 so far. And the reviewers from fans from VARIOUS countries are favorable and complimentary. International fans are LOVING the series and the lead actors a lot. We just have to see if K fans will warm up, too.

Sorry to cut your post short but very well said! I love how you pointed out that the two leads is good people from the start and they don’t need anyone to change...

i too love the supporting characters. They complemented the lead couple well. As for the second couple... they didn’t have enough screentime yet for me to gauge them but Lee Sang Woo is kind of good playing sad mopey characters so I’m hoping they hold up alright. 

But the mama boy! Hahaha. I loved him! Who can forget how he disgustingly-adorably stomp his feet when his mother said over my dead body after he asked if he can date a celebrity. Shim Hyung Tak really is a comic genius. 

As for the rating, what can I say. K netz has been pampered with so many mind blowing dramas that some of them forget to enjoy lighthearted drama as it was and nitpick just about everything. 

But reading comments on Naver, this drama certainly has its following. Word of mouth is even more powerful than any other form of promotion so I hope the drama can deliver and kept us entertained till the end.

fighting!

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't realize that LSW was a replacement actor for SDW. Do you know why SDW retracted?

Btw, does anyone know why JR keeps calling her Oh Jin Shim versus Oh Yoon Seo?

I got some free time so I guess I’ll try to answer your question as accurately as I could. :-)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302089wpp/shin-dong-wooks-grandfather-admits-fault-in-fraud-controversy

the issue has been resolved so it’s a pity for him to loose his chance to appear in the drama but LSW is good too so it must be fate that the character went to him. 

As for why JR is calling YS as Jin shim, (this is a personal opinion) Oh Jinshim is her real name. 

Yoonseo is her stage name for almost 14 years so I think she got attached to the name. 

It was hillarious to see how she became flustered when he called her by her real name. I bet in these 14 years, nobody has addressed her that so in a way, JR has become a bit special. :wub:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't realize that LSW was a replacement actor for SDW. Do you know why SDW retracted?

Anyway, I do rather like LSW and his character here who is supposed to be a bit of a wild child prosecutor, willing to go up against anyone without worrying too much about personal consequences of making the wrong people angry. :)

Not sure what's going on in his romance with Yeo Rum either, though I'm okay if they want to make that the angsty one rather than the OTP romance. :)

Btw, does anyone know why JR keeps calling her Oh Jin Shim versus Oh Yoon Seo?

Anyway, I still think this drama is cute, and LDW and YYN definitely have a certain sparkle together, especially when OYS turns down the aegyo to show that she actually has a brain and a tough skin. I did like the last scene where JR tells YS that she's tougher than she looks, and YS replies that after having been in show business for 10 years where everyone feels free to criticize you for pretty much anything, she's gotten used to it, even though it would be a lie to say that she wasn't still affected by it somewhat. I thought that was a good, thoughtful, pragmatic answer from her and shows her innate character which is not of a ditzy airhead.

Since it is her real name, it shows that KJR sees her more as a person than as a diva. First, he was trying to show her that her status as diva had no impact on him. However, the meaning changed in the second episode. Calling her by her real name is now a sign of respect. She is a person and as such, she deserves to be protected as she has feelings like any other human being. I think, he thought first, OYS would hide behind her name as celebrity so that she wouldn't work for him in reality that's why he called her by her real name. He wanted to show some boundaries. Yet, he didn't realize that her name as star is a part of herself, since she gave up her studies for this kind of career. So in her eyes, he was rude. She is still unaware of his actual intention (showing respect) by calling OJS. To me, KJR will play a huge part in her career... She became an actress because she was beautiful. However, her acting was not good. KJR has discovered her good points which the CEO of that entertainment company and her manager failed to see, too blinded by her looks: her good memory, her determination and her good attitude towards work. She is definitely not lazy or arrogant. So he will be the one who lets her good traits shine!     

I really liked the first two episodes and look forward to more.

And I somehow get the feeling our Miss Superstar will end up abandoning her acting career and will go back to college to become a lawyer. Or since she has such a great memory she might end up as a paralegal. Either way it would probably be more rewarding than constantly fearing another "scandal" or hearing about how bad she is at acting.

3rd episode text preview

http://program.tving.com/tvn/touchyourheart/15/Board/List

Spoiler

정록이 '비서로서 제대로 일할 기회'를 준다는 말에 기뻤던 마음도 잠시.
진심은 엄청난 로펌 비서의 업무량에 혀를 내두른다.
정록은 사기죄로 피소된 여고생 윤하의 변론을 맡게 되고.
진심도 정록을 돕기 위해 적극적으로 나서지만,
윤하의 계속된 거짓말로 사건 해결은 점점 더 어려워지는데...

No time to feel the happiness because Jung Rok word  "I want to give you a proper chance to work as my secretary", Jin Shim directly get a load of work as a law firm secretary.
Meanwhile Jung Rok take a case of defending a high school student, Yuna who get a fraud accused. 
Jin Shim try to help Jung Rok, but Yuna who keep telling lie make the case harder to handle....

Finally I watched the episode - these free website wouldn’t work for me . 

I loved every second of it :wub: the very best part is Oh Yoon-Seo :heart: I love that she is definitely hasn’t got a princess personality type , that would be annoying , and she is not depending on someone else like mother or sister like other drama do with child actress, while she stay pretty and safe , I love she try to drive to work , it’s not easy thing to do , but she done it without complaining or cry :) , it show beneath the lack of confidence is an understated strength & soul of warrior. there is just something so incredibly endearing about her , she’s honest to a fault and same time so sweetly innocent that you can’t help but like her . I just want more of her 

A7E08756-5FE0-4B09-A288-B48DB37FF184.gif

Poor DMH , what happen with her love crush was awful , I understand sometimes you have to take a chance on love ,but  how old was the boy ,  I mean the young man :D , calling her aunt was hilarious, What wrong with him , I thought any young men would wish any woman flirting with them , let alone an successful older one  :joy: - I can’t wait for her second crush :relieved: 

Archived