[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, mirror56sakura said:

knetz point it out that when JR search YS naver profile in the first episode that written : Oh Yoon Seo (Oh Jin Sim). Jin Sim is her nickname 킨심 means - have genuine heart & mind, sincere, probably refer to her image as a actress before the scandal. So yeah he choose to called her that :wub:

Oh, i thought oh jin shim is her real name while oh yoon seo is her stage name. That’s why he kept calling her Oh Jin Shim shi... because after all its her name. 

2 hours ago, lingkoo said:

So funny

c58e1435ly1fzyxcu20oyg20a00b9x6q.gif

:lol: I totally missed this! Did he just pretended to press the lift button? Must watch episode 2 again to look into more details. Hehe

This drama, as lighthearted it is (as of now) tugged my heart when the scenes where YS is putting up a brave face and JR realizing it. 

He’s not a cold person... he is actually thoughtful, honest and straightforward. His boldness may seemed to be harsh but I think our adorable YS is succeeding in cracking his exterior iciness. 

I don’t know how to make a gif but him trying to shield YS’s eyes from seeing her poster piled up with other garbage speaks volume on how his character is. 

Furthermore, the dynamic between the two is not really how secretary-boss would behave. Had she is a real secretary, she might not been able to stand her ground and speak back at him without losing her job. 

So kudos to the setup. As cliche as it is, I’m buying it. :)

So after watching the second episode, I have a few thoughts

YIN and LDW just have great chemistry. They did in Goblin and they also have it in this drama.

After the first episode, I was feeling a little cautious with how they were going to portray our heroine. I didn't get the feeling that she was an airhead, but that she was naive and ignorant to things that she really needn't know about. To me, even in the first episode, she showed that she is resourceful and quick thinking. But, I really like how by the second episode, we see her settling into her position. She is looking the part because she now has a grasp of the office, what is expected of her and who she is dealing with. Even though YS is a celebrity, she is a human. Anyone would be a little intimidated by JR because he is an intimidating person. We like to call characters like him tsundere, but that doesn't make them any less intimidating to deal with. I like how even though she is coming into this job temporarily, she is committed to doing the best job that she can. Truthfully, if she wanted to be a diva, she could have just asked to shadow someone else. After all, the point of this is for her to get real world experience so that she can become a better actress and get the part she wants. However, I think we will find that she will be able to navigate the legal world [I can speak on this since this is my field] well just off of her experience as an actress and celebrity.

In the first episode when she and JR first meet and she does this litany of commercial re-enactments that she is done, my impression was that she was a bit narcissistic. However, now I realize that she is coping. Coping with her loss of popularity due to a situation that she cannot control. It was hard to watch her getting gossiped about by the other women in the office. She couldn't say anything, they wouldn't have believed her anyway. I think this also helps JR sympathize with her as well. It is one thing for people to talk because you have wronged them in some way, but it is another thing all together when you get judged based off of a lie. He even tried to hide the posters of her that they took down and threw in the trash from her.

Speaking of which, let's discuss the women in the office. Moon Hee [pantsuit lady that likes young Subway guy], Eun-Ji [a little older, straight-laced lady]; and Hae-Young [younger, pretty lady who talks too much]. I didn't like them very much in episode two. I get the distinct feeling that HY is a bit jealous of YS. She was the one to initiate all of the talk about her falling down. Then, here comes MH having to re-enact the whole thing, and finally EJ had to make sure to scold her about how she has to do a good job since JR is a good lawyer. At first, I thought they would be good allies for YS, but so far, she's alone in this office. I don't count the the two male attorneys because they just want to hook-up with her. One thing I have noticed is how much drinking takes place around the work place in Korea. As a woman, it just seems natural to watch out for other women. This is how women get assaulted or taken advantage of. They were so content to just leave her drunk like that. Thank goodness JR did show up, because no telling what would have happened to YS before her manager got to her. Maybe they will warm up later, but even EJ, she sounded like a mother scolding her child talking to YS. MH plays off of HY to decide how to act around her, which is why I didn't feel sorry for her when she got humiliated in Subway with that boy calling her aunty. I get the feeling she would like to talk to YS to learn how to pull a man, but because the other women aren't that close to her, she is holding back.

I am not that invested in the other side characters yet, but I do like the pace of this drama. Has anyone read the web novel that this is based off of? What are your thoughts chingus?

To be honest, I'm not feeling the dumb heroine and smart guy trope... like, it's 2019 and people still has to put a woman in the role of dumb (or whatever synonymous/phrasing accommodates them).

Like, she's cartoonish dumb (but anyway, DUMB), and no even for the sake of "it's funny/it's a parody/don't take it too serious thi is a ligth rom-com!!111!" that gets a pass... 

No matter how much we achieve with respect, women's rights, achievements, you name it;  women still are reduced to a harmful stereotype ... whatever the justification they want to say to themselves or to others, this is a harmful stereotype that continues to be maintained and dispersed, and on top of that transmitted by tv AND celebrated (because it's cute-funny-it's a romcom-take it easy-etc) over and over again and again.

With what is happening in the world and in our countries, it is a pity that we continue perpetrating toxic stereotypes.

Women are not your dumb comedic relief/fantasy... And I'm tired of dumb heroines, women can be so much more than your shinny dumb item. Women are (and can be) plenty of things (and dumb too! but that's not the only trait that A HUMAN BEING has)...

And please, do not try to justify the unjustifiable. 

This is me every time when I see Wookie on screen..:lol:

xtstxYF.png

And then when I look him again..hehe..

LQc9RWa.png

Okay coming to the first and second episodes..I loved them! Only after the episodes ended, I  realised that I had a smile on my face, throughout. This is exactly what a lighthearted rom-com is supposed to be; if it doesn't make you smile with all those cliche, cheesy stuff then there are many mind-boggling options out there. People can watch those instead of complaining!

And also why I didn't I get the feeling that OYS is a dumb-head blondie? Maybe because she actually tried to be resourceful and at least made an effort to work as his secretary. Over-the-top yes, but I wouldn't call her dumb.

I don't know how the story will evolve, what is KJR and his bestie's past, or rather what was the scandal but I am all in for the ride as long as my eyes are getting pleased with what I am watching and LDW-YIN are looking beautiful onscreen. That's all I want. 

Also, this scene particularly the setting is so similar to that devastating kiss of GrimReaper which brought back Sunny's memories. That scene had a melancholic touch to it; here its a happy omen for 'lets begin from the beginning'..:wub:

ihAX1oP.gif&key=77616c28dee4ac73eacc5afc

Give me more of Jim Shin and Jun Rok...more and more..hehe..:lol:

3 hours ago, cafe99 said:

To be honest, I'm not feeling the dumb heroine and smart guy trope... like, it's 2019 and people still has to put a woman in the role of dumb (or whatever synonymous/phrasing accommodates them).

Like, she's cartoonish dumb (but anyway, DUMB), and no even for the sake of "it's funny/it's a parody/don't take it too serious thi is a ligth rom-com!!111!" that gets a pass... 

No matter how much we achieve with respect, women's rights, achievements, you name it;  women still are reduced to a harmful stereotype ... whatever the justification they want to say to themselves or to others, this is a harmful stereotype that continues to be maintained and dispersed, and on top of that transmitted by tv AND celebrated (because it's cute-funny-it's a romcom-take it easy-etc) over and over again and again.

With what is happening in the world and in our countries, it is a pity that we continue perpetrating toxic stereotypes.

Women are not your dumb comedic relief/fantasy... And I'm tired of dumb heroines, women can be so much more than your shinny dumb item. Women are (and can be) plenty of things (and dumb too! but that's not the only trait that A HUMAN BEING has)...

And please, do not try to justify the unjustifiable. 

Yes I do agree too... I hope by next episode we get to see some change in YIN character... But considering that she is become an actress ...very very popular since high school, I think it makes sense that she is clueless... Since everything is handled by her manager.. yes everything including her food i think... I think she is more of clueless than dumb... 

5 hours ago, lynnys13 said:

Yes I do agree too... I hope by next episode we get to see some change in YIN character... But considering that she is become an actress ...very very popular since high school, I think it makes sense that she is clueless... Since everything is handled by her manager.. yes everything including her food i think... I think she is more of clueless than dumb... 

Sometime cliche character made us confusing.

Should we condem them...?

Tossed them in hole till we could never found that's  kind character in our "drama" live ?.

Judgments character is our  experts since we live with our own standards and mostly being harassed by reality but in others thought somehow we need this cliche charater in our live to lightend our heavy day, to smoother thing we couldn't win in our life struggle.

Somethings to laughed at without being stock laughing.

Just being soft and nodded in deep smile "aah..there's time i do clueless about this world"

Nevertheless this drama is just to start with funny aproach but i think will get better in coming episode because OJS highlights character  is hardworking and honest one and the funny yet sadly  is she acknowledgement her own flaws, how not to respect individual with this gold personality?

And on top of that the "goblin" chemistry is still there.

This drama made me laughed since i needed this i will rooted till the end.

Touch your heart you definitely thouch my heart with good laughed :wub::P

Spoiler

Out of topic...tvn drop near same plot/theme drama in one go:sweatingbullets:

Does the company creative director  clueless or because this year is "romcom" year for tvn?

But it's nice have TYH for wend-thus continued with RBB in sat-sund:glasses: just need to refined my memory to keep still not to collided in between .:sweat_smile:

Happy weekend everyone :heart:

I dunno maybe it's just cuz I'm old fashioned but I like this kind of set up with the characters. For one, I don't believe our heroine is dumb. She's a little ditzy but it's super cute and tbh, a lot of guys are attracted to that quality in women and find it endearing. A lot of women I've met who maybe you'd consider to have a strong and powerful quality to them are not always very nice. I'd rather a women be nice, happy, sweet and a little ditzy/clumsy/clueless than to be smart, strong, powerful but also mean or nasty. Anyways, I think our lady is going to prove herself and show off her skills as the drama progresses. Dramas are all about character growth. Ya gotta give it time.

Also personally I like to see the man save the woman from dangerous situations and catch the woman when she falls, etc. Men by nature are strong and protectors. I'm not afraid to let a man step up and protect me. In fact, I welcome it. Doesn't mean I'm not smart, strong, or capable, though. 

Just my 2 cents. Again, I know I'm probably considered "old fashioned" for this day and age, but I kinda wish the world could go back to being a little more old fashioned. 

I usually watch dramas after they reach their ep8 and onwards but this is the first drama i started since ep1. And thats because these two are my favorites since Goblin. However im gonna leave my bias aside to give a proper review . (long one)

Spoiler

I think its too soon to judge the story , we are only in ep 2. Regarding Oh Jin Shim , i think YIN balances well her role, she is not super naive ( difference between stupid and naive ok? )but  not super innocent . Does she settle for her CEO comments about her "acting"? Did she allow Jung Rok to make snarky remarks about her "being bad at everything" without fighting back? She seems to understand what she can do and what she cannot do . The key here is "learn" , she works since what 15 yrs old ? She had to quit law school for acting? She never learned to do certain things , she got into a life where she was the "star" and had to go through moments of hurt with gossip, bad reviews etc. Her supporting system are not sincere with her so how will she grow up and evolve? 

I don't like the cliche type of " naive funny girl who needs a man to get through situations" but i don't think they go for that here . The opposite , i was afraid her character would end up being super "comic" with notes of anime - where she over laughs, over cries and she throws tantrums left and right as a diva actress. Instead we got a balanced out version of a superstar who is working for 15 years but doesn't treat others below than her, instead she is nice and kind to everyone . She doesn't overdo the character and i have to applause YIN because the line is so thin to throw the character under the bridge but so far she keeps it steady. She gets angry but not angry in a way you will find her annoying . She cries in a comic way and not in a way you want to cringe. 

The same for LDW . This type is favorable in dramas. Stoic guy who doesn't express any emotions , seems to hate women until he falls in love with one of them. Sure in the first episode thats what we see but he did what most male characters don't and the writers use it as a way to prolong drama. He apologized about being wrong and angry at OJS . He showed pretty fast his soft side , not to the audience only but to OJS by asking her for dinner and confessing he was seeing her as "annoying " but he wants to give her a chance.

Both characters are introduced with good and bad traits and the director himself said these characters will go through changes through their relationship . So i think OJS will realize how smart she is and that being a lawyer or working in a law firm is something she is better than acting. And KJR will see through finding comfort on being "closed" and "stoic" progressing to find a new side of him maybe more open with OJS and everyone around him but life itself.

So far both lead actors are good on what they do and their chemistry started to shine through the end of ep1 . Their first scenes were slight off but i blame how awkward their scenes were written . Their chemistry is organic , thats why i love their last scene in ep1 . The drama picked up from that point. 

The story so far "hides" the main mystery. We have scattered hints. 

a. the drug scandal - why/how is OJS connected 

b. Se-Won / Yeo - Reum and the blow out in the prosecutors office / their relationship

c.  the 5 yrs ago incident that  Joon-Kyu keeps against KJR 

and how all above ( that for sure will end up connected because duhhh) 

Theory time

I think during the scandal time - Se-Won was appointed prosecutor in the case and he lost , either against OJS or the grandson of the chaebol family . KJR didn't want to tell him the name of his secretary . 

- You don't wanna know 

In that time he was probably upset and the office either transferred him or fired him. Before or after his relationship with Yeo-Reum falls apart and they still stay bitter ( because if LDW/YIN don't get to play the angsty couple someone has to ) 

Small remarks 

KJR seems to have a thing about "drinking" 

- He denied drinking when his client offered him

- He had beer in his fridge - but distressed when SW got it 

- He wasn't happy OJS drunk that much and he remark that again when they went for dinner . 

I don't think the story goes fast between the main leads - whoever edits the promos are good since the ep2 promo had the convo between SW and KJR and it made you believe they go for triangle - quadrangle since SW says : she likes you when he means as friends . The same will happen here , they will advance their partnership - with him teaching OJS maybe researching together until "the tie in to the main plot that links all 4 and brings the scandal/ prosecutor drama in play"  , angst ( because when you have LDW/YIN and no angst is just wasted time ) comes up and the usual , push and pull starts until the finale where we gonna pull our hair out or be happy . ( what is happy though in korean drama because lately i see only pain - even Goblin finale made me happy) 

anyone here read the novel ? spoilers much appreciated for my soul to feed - thank you

Hmm OYS character is just.. Hmm clueless. Sadly stereotype of celeb so diva in much dramas alike, not independent, but she is bright, hardworking, having that talent of remembering something (KJR verified that too, is something to be brag about) and I guess on next, she will killed the laws in shining style! We see much development on just 2nd ep. And to think that maybe in the end she just perfectly fit in laws office.. She just walking round rather than straight to the laws jungle and his heart:P

4 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I dunno maybe it's just cuz I'm old fashioned but I like this kind of set up with the characters. For one, I don't believe our heroine is dumb. She's a little ditzy but it's super cute and tbh, a lot of guys are attracted to that quality in women and find it endearing. A lot of women I've met who maybe you'd consider to have a strong and powerful quality to them are not always very nice. I'd rather a women be nice, happy, sweet and a little ditzy/clumsy/clueless than to be smart, strong, powerful but also mean or nasty. Anyways, I think our lady is going to prove herself and show off her skills as the drama progresses. Dramas are all about character growth. Ya gotta give it time.

Also personally I like to see the man save the woman from dangerous situations and catch the woman when she falls, etc. Men by nature are strong and protectors. I'm not afraid to let a man step up and protect me. In fact, I welcome it. Doesn't mean I'm not smart, strong, or capable, though. 

Just my 2 cents. Again, I know I'm probably considered "old fashioned" for this day and age, but I kinda wish the world could go back to being a little more old fashioned. 

Absolutely agree,no need to kicks all the jerks or to spite filthy words to act independent and strong women's thou.

A kind of lovely yet intellectual in attitude is more astonishing and inspiring , we women with our own words rightB) lol i love this OJS line and that line proved she is more capable and strong than it's seems.

Am'i a kind old fashioned too:sweatingbullets:

Its cringey but i like it though? :joy:

I mean its fun and put a smile on my face and thats all i look for in a drama. As long as the characters are not too unrealistic.

Yoo In Na is not bad (i like her over acting more than Lee Dong Wook's stiff face) but her voice is a bit annoying even though i dont understand korean. I assume the character voice is supposed to be like that idk. But its kind of funny so i dont really mind. In ep 1 i thought her character is sooo annoying but i do like her personalities later on the ep, asking around on how to do stuffs and staying firm regardless of what people say. Cant wait to see more of her development!

I used to love LDW in My Girl but his eyes get so sleepy for some reasons in his recent dramas and i just lost focus lol. Hoping he will improve in later eps!

behind the scene yay~ put some conversation in spoiler :lol:

Spoiler

Behind the scene

at 0:41~

[YIN]: There are around 5-6 books stack, I read one side then fall asleep, read another side then fall asleep again haha

at 1: 20 ~

[LDW] the image in the blanket is cruel!

[YIN] : why? it's banana?

[LDW]: it is being squeezed lol

at 1:58

[LDW] : be careful not to get a cold everyone, it's scary. It's my second filming here, it's still awkward. It's my house, but myself don't know this house well LOL

at 2:20 ~

[YIN]: are you giving me a kind stare? (for this scene)

[LDW]: yes!

[YIN]: why are you glaring at me instead?

[LDW]: I'm acting right now

[YIN]: is that so?

[LDW]: yes

[YIN]: the stare from before looks more nice, why changed it?

[LDW] *give stare again*

[YIN]: this is not right, it's wrong

[LDW] *other stare*

[YIN] *burst out laughing* LOL

13 hours ago, Far^away said:

Oh, i thought oh jin shim is her real name while oh yoon seo is her stage name. That’s why he kept calling her Oh Jin Shim shi... because after all its her name. 

oh it could be like that too :) probably later JR will give us a reason why haha

Hello everyone! Just new to this thread! I’m one of the fans who got excited when Grim Reaper and Sunny will make another drama! Well the long wait is over! It’s finally here! I’m glad I have finished the first two episode and I’m really loving it! The chemistry is on fire! And for me I’m dead in laughing when YIN can’t pick up the papers LDW dropped because of her dress! Hahaha! I just can’t! Even though YIN plays an actress here (like in her other drama) she always gives her character a life, for me I applaud her for doing comedic act even without ruining her beauty, LDW one of my fave actors that whomever he is paired with he can create chemistry with the actresses. So far I’m liking the story and looking forward OYS, and wonder why KJY always call her OJS? Hehehe so curious. I love the manager or cousin right? Relationship but at least the manager and CEO be honest with her? Actually they are the one who is sugar coating her everytime, but I’m glad that she is kind of a person that is willing to work and learn new things. KJY as well knows how to acknowledge his mistake and humble to apologize. I hate characters that are cocky and high and mighty. She far I’m also liking the people in the law firm, that other lady who has crush on that young man employee was in goblin as well right? The ghost? Hehehe! Let’s see if she will have a chance with Mama’s boy lawyer hehehe! And cute law firm CEO, fan boy of our beautiful actress! Loving his character so much! Hahaha can’t wait for next week episode! 

Chen (EXO) – Make It Count (Touch Your Heart OST Part 1)

Time is a strange thing
Only after it passes
You long for it

A sweet dream
When you open your eyes
It may still be clear
But soon, it gets far away and disappears lala

Spoiler

You and I
This moment right here
I’m going to cherish it
Deep in my heart

The soft touch of your hand
Even today’s air
I’m gonna remember it all
It’s so precious

so make it count
Remember this day
When the gentle breeze blows and flowers bloom

Each minute, each second, make it count
Then I’ll be forever
Gathering all the moments
I’ll give it to you

(la la la la)
Even after time
(la la la la)
I really hope we make it count

On a peaceful afternoon
I’m laying on a bench, using your lap as a pillow
This relaxed time is so sweet
So the gravity is twice as strong here

Each day feels so short
Each day, longing rises again
I wish I could stop time
Whisper your heart to me

so make it count
Remember this day

Then I’ll be forever
I’ll give it to you

(la la la la)
Just like winter passes and snow melts
When everything is so beautiful
I’ll tell you once again
Let’s be together in endless time, babe

You’re so pretty
Even moreso today

so make it count
Remember this day

Then I’ll be forever
I’ll give it to you

(Even when today becomes yesterday, you’re by my side)
Like the days I dreamed of

(Stick close to me so I can’t even miss you)
I’ll always protect you by your side

(Even when today becomes yesterday, you’re by my side)
Oh-oh-

(Stick close to me so I can’t even miss you)
I really hope we make it count

Thanks to POPGASA as always

@plappi is this the jazzy sounding track playing close to the end of ep2?

it’s especially poignant when songs used also reflect the mood and storyline the way a musical does. 

I think Encounter did that, hopefully this one would too.

Archived