[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

To be honest im not sure why people blame LDW , I'm not a die hard fan of his but i do believe his role as Jung Rok was portrait as it was always intended to be and he did a very good job with what he was given. The same with YIN , her role was really different than the one she had Goblin and she seemed to enjoy acting and gave the role a blast!  They both were the saving grace of the drama and anyone who believes otherwise they need to give us receipt if other actors could elevate the drama better. I do believe the weakest part of the drama was the writing, it became truly lazy in the end but the drama was never meant to be a smart drama based on twists and turns. It was a rom com. Basic and it was obvious way before the main leads were casted. 

But the drama had bad luck , they couldn't cast someone as male lead straight way, the budget was considered low - compared to other production spends . The secondary male was re-casted after production started and the final nail was the infamous - scandal that end up colliding with the main story. Not to mention the time slot and lead in didn't help at all. We can sit and blame several people but the acting or chemistry of the main leads is not one of them. It's tricky to adapt a novel on screen and because the novel had so much the writers needed better focus when laying out the story - they didn't which created a luck-aster  finale. It wasn't bad , it gave the drama closure but it didn't end on a high note , maybe they never wanted it to do so. 

For me the story it was what it was and i can appreciate it . LDW did justice for JR's character, he started as a man , focused on his work - not able to express his feelings or show them properly. Ended up with him in a healthy relationship with someone who values and doesn't want him to change but he did change without trying because he fell in love. Thats what he was missing from his life. The main couple has one of the most healthy relationships in a drama . They trust each other and love unconditionally , the drama never focused on a deeper meaning . It was a basic rom com . 

Im not sure why the ratings being low (not low considering the competition) had to be connected to either of them being bad . They both acted in other dramas as leads and many fans wanted them as leads since Goblin. The writing didn't do favors on them and they tried their best. Can we appreciate them and not blame them? The drama ended  and it wasn't a disaster finale considering there were no high expectations to begin with . 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before TYH wrap up party

Lee Dong Wook has attended Chanel pharrell collection event at

Chanel's flagship store in Seoul

After Chanel pharrell collection event 

Lee Dong Wook changed his clothes attended  TYH wrap up partylothes,

8251eecely1g1kt5o1a0ej20rs15onc8.jpg

8251eecegy1g1kp2ckqjyj20mq0xy44g.jpg

Attended  TYH wrap up partylo

6a4fb853gy1g1lwnl95lrj20rs15otj2.jpg

Spoiler

a901dc72ly1g1lt304g8wj20r315odv7.jpg

9 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Did we watch the same series? I LOVED LDW's acting in Touch Your Heart. It felt very natural and honest to me. He was very charming and sweet. He seemed cold mostly in the first episode, but as we saw more layers to him, there was kindness and loveliness to him. In fact, he wasn't cold at all....More like a teddy bear in the later episodes....

Yes, true. LDW portray a robot lawyer who is starting to open up his heart to a person that he is not familiar with; other than work and close friends from college in TYH, but in bubblegum, he acts more like a BBF-turned-boyfriend (BFF since middle school)- the setting of the drama form his own interpretation of the acting; what do you expect? I really like this drama. Haven't been watching a Korean drama since six months ago. Tried crowned clown but I stopped at ep 12 or so because the twist is not making sense there. 

CEO Yeon said; people would not understand your sense of justice despite you are being very sincere. The sincerity of the actor in his work is something would not work with over-the-top-fans (obsessed fans). Same like; do people know that " you are being very sincere being police, but people only think the police is the one who shoots people, oppressed people"

Btw, no pictures of Yoo In Na and LDW. I think,  Well, he arrived late from Chanel event (maybe tired?) and he already spends a lot of time with her in the drama production. So maybe they want to spend time with other casts and people in the drama; just for memories. Or they did having some personal time together; only not on Camera.

Any Koreans here/ or know-how-read-Koreans; I am little bit sucks with the Korean language. But some posts in naver website and kakao - fans not really liking this drama because of other dramas like selling really high (liver or die, romance is a bonus book (people don't want to get bubbly the 2nd time watching Rom-Com), and I heard about Seungri.....scandal similarity to plot in Korea.

Goblin sells really well because of post-exam in Korea and promotional teaser (from DOTS writer hype). So ya know. 

7 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

In my country they have an article on a popular e-magazine explains why TYH wasn’t successful in rating despite of the fact it had a silver couple. One of the reasons they blame LDW’s acting.  

Nobody mentioned his acting in these comments.

fromtheqoo: today's first episode of tvN 's Wed-Thurs drama is not receiving good responses

Original Post: today's first episode of tvN 's Wed-Thurs drama is not receiving good responses

Touch Your Heart

externalFile.jpg

Judging from the 1st episode it's a cheesy, B-class romantic comedy drama

comments
1. It's somehow obvious
2. All the new tvN dramas got pretty average responses
3. It's fun to see their faces
4. It's freaking fun though ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ First of all it's totally my mom's type, she kept on laughing while watching
5. It's fun though?
6. B-class no, no C-class yes yes
7. It was fun, Yoo Inna is freaking cute...
8. Am I the only one who found it fun? ㅠㅠㅋㅋ
9. Boring
10. Goblin 2? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
13. I just like Romcom dramas ㅋㅋㅋ And I also like cliche dramas
14. It is cheesy, but it's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
15. It's boring, I changed the channel ㅜ
16. It seems like the writer is not good at writing lines... Personally I found it boring
17. It was boring. And Yoo Innna had a high toned voice ever since the start so my ears were so tired by it
18. It was fun for me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I like that it's a light romcom drama
19. Boring and cheesy
20. My family was so disappointed
21. It was fun ㅋㅋㅋ Yoo Inna's pretty

[Touch Your Heart]      PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Lee Dong Wook x Yoo In Na

heart.png
Article: Naver 'Touch Your Heart' Yoo In Na, goes into self-reflection period after her drug scandal... "I want to have a comeback" 

• Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na) used to be a popular actress because of her beauty, but her popularity plummeted after her drug scandal which was not true. 
  • To get the role that she wants, Yoon Seo agrees to work in the law firm as Lawyer Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook)'s secretary for 3 months. 
  • Kwon Jung Rok gets annoyed with her as she couldn't get any work done and gave him more work to do instead. 

1. [+2763,-20]
I was so shocked thinking that Yoo In Na did drugs. ㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+885,-25]
Look at how clickbaity this title is;; 

3. [+521,-23]
This is insane!!!! What's with the title??? I thought Yoo In Na-nim did drugs!!!!!!!!

4. [+256,-12]
I was shocked. I didn't know that Yoo In Na is doing a new drama and thought something bad happened to her. 

5. [+162,-10]
I thought it was a real drug scandal. 

6. [+206,-103]
Yoo In Na didn't get into her character well. It doesn't match her too... It's kind of similar to Jeon Ji Hyun in 'You Who Came From The Stars', but it doesn't match her.. It's boring. 

7. [+113,-13]
The drama's story is too old... 

8. [+113,-38]
It's boring. I can't bring myself to watch it because it's too childish.

9. [+117,-29]
She's old, but her way of speaking is too childish. It feels out of balance the whole time. 

heart%2Bto%2Bheart.png
Article: Naver 'Touch Your Heart' Lee Dong Wook X Yoo In Na, meet as lawyer-secretary, conflicts explode 

1. [+1258,-55]
Not that it isn't interesting... But the romance is a little too predictable and worn-out... Oh Jung Se and the Caramel Macchiato ahjussi are the ones who made me laugh.. ㅋ

2. [+1281,-95]
I'm just happy to see Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na on tv again... 

3. [+1093,-97]
A backwards script in this day and age.. What a waste of the actors. 
- [+100,-2]
Looks like I'm not the only one... Seriously, that kind of rude male lead and a positive female lead.. Also, it's common sense that you don't wear that to an office, and she shouted at him, "Excuse me~!!!!!" as if she did nothing wrong when she came late for work on her first day... The male lead is also a typical cold, chic, and capable man. I'm sick of it.

4. [+550,-84]
It's only the first episode, and the actors are starting to get into their characters. It's getting more interesting, why are there so many people leaving bad comments? My week is now complete with 'The Crowned Clown' and 'Romance is a Bonus Book'.  

5. [+307,-26]
They are using too many reflectors on Yoo In Na. It feels like they did photoshop on the video. Looks like the first episode is everything on the trailers. 

6. [+238,-39]
Personally, I think Yoo In Na should change her hairstyle.... She's pretty, but her hairstyle and color is always the same. It's tiring. As an actress, she needs some transformation. I don't even see the difference between her style in Goblin from 3 years ago and now. 

7. [+174,-22]
Really, this is too predictable and boring.. 

8. [+144,-26]
This is still worth the watch. Why are there so many negative comments? It's still the first episode.... 

9. [+124,-13]
So I'm not the only one.. I had expectations for this because they are the couple from Goblin, but why does it feel like they've taken a time machine and moved backwards? They aren't actors who can't act, but they look like rookies. The story feels like it was released 10 years ago. It's old. What's with tvN's Wednesdays and Thursdays drama? Are they just using their popularity as the top actors..? I hope Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na get better at picking scripts.

cre: melohwa 

3 hours ago, braunau said:

Nobody mentioned his acting in these comments.

fromtheqoo: today's first episode of tvN 's Wed-Thurs drama is not receiving good responses

Original Post: today's first episode of tvN 's Wed-Thurs drama is not receiving good responses

Touch Your Heart
Judging from the 1st episode it's a cheesy, B-class romantic comedy drama

comments
1. It's somehow obvious
2. All the new tvN dramas got pretty average responses
3. It's fun to see their faces
4. It's freaking fun though ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ First of all it's totally my mom's type, she kept on laughing while watching
5. It's fun though?
6. B-class no, no C-class yes yes
7. It was fun, Yoo Inna is freaking cute...
8. Am I the only one who found it fun? ㅠㅠㅋㅋ
9. Boring
10. Goblin 2? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
13. I just like Romcom dramas ㅋㅋㅋ And I also like cliche dramas
14. It is cheesy, but it's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
15. It's boring, I changed the channel ㅜ
16. It seems like the writer is not good at writing lines... Personally I found it boring
17. It was boring. And Yoo Innna had a high toned voice ever since the start so my ears were so tired by it
18. It was fun for me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I like that it's a light romcom drama
19. Boring and cheesy
20. My family was so disappointed
21. It was fun ㅋㅋㅋ Yoo Inna's pretty

[Touch Your Heart]      PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Lee Dong Wook x Yoo In Na

• Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na) used to be a popular actress because of her beauty, but her popularity plummeted after her drug scandal which was not true. 
  • To get the role that she wants, Yoon Seo agrees to work in the law firm as Lawyer Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook)'s secretary for 3 months. 
  • Kwon Jung Rok gets annoyed with her as she couldn't get any work done and gave him more work to do instead. 

1. [+2763,-20]
I was so shocked thinking that Yoo In Na did drugs. ㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+885,-25]
Look at how clickbaity this title is;; 

3. [+521,-23]
This is insane!!!! What's with the title??? I thought Yoo In Na-nim did drugs!!!!!!!!

4. [+256,-12]
I was shocked. I didn't know that Yoo In Na is doing a new drama and thought something bad happened to her. 

5. [+162,-10]
I thought it was a real drug scandal. 

6. [+206,-103]
Yoo In Na didn't get into her character well. It doesn't match her too... It's kind of similar to Jeon Ji Hyun in 'You Who Came From The Stars', but it doesn't match her.. It's boring. 

7. [+113,-13]
The drama's story is too old... 

8. [+113,-38]
It's boring. I can't bring myself to watch it because it's too childish.

9. [+117,-29]
She's old, but her way of speaking is too childish. It feels out of balance the whole time. 

1. [+1258,-55]
Not that it isn't interesting... But the romance is a little too predictable and worn-out... Oh Jung Se and the Caramel Macchiato ahjussi are the ones who made me laugh.. ㅋ

2. [+1281,-95]
I'm just happy to see Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na on tv again... 

3. [+1093,-97]
A backwards script in this day and age.. What a waste of the actors. 
- [+100,-2]
Looks like I'm not the only one... Seriously, that kind of rude male lead and a positive female lead.. Also, it's common sense that you don't wear that to an office, and she shouted at him, "Excuse me~!!!!!" as if she did nothing wrong when she came late for work on her first day... The male lead is also a typical cold, chic, and capable man. I'm sick of it.

4. [+550,-84]
It's only the first episode, and the actors are starting to get into their characters. It's getting more interesting, why are there so many people leaving bad comments? My week is now complete with 'The Crowned Clown' and 'Romance is a Bonus Book'.  

5. [+307,-26]
They are using too many reflectors on Yoo In Na. It feels like they did photoshop on the video. Looks like the first episode is everything on the trailers. 

6. [+238,-39]
Personally, I think Yoo In Na should change her hairstyle.... She's pretty, but her hairstyle and color is always the same. It's tiring. As an actress, she needs some transformation. I don't even see the difference between her style in Goblin from 3 years ago and now. 

7. [+174,-22]
Really, this is too predictable and boring.. 

8. [+144,-26]
This is still worth the watch. Why are there so many negative comments? It's still the first episode.... 

9. [+124,-13]
So I'm not the only one.. I had expectations for this because they are the couple from Goblin, but why does it feel like they've taken a time machine and moved backwards? They aren't actors who can't act, but they look like rookies. The story feels like it was released 10 years ago. It's old. What's with tvN's Wednesdays and Thursdays drama? Are they just using their popularity as the top actors..? I hope Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na get better at picking scripts.

cre: melohwa 

Yeah, the first episode impression is not for me as well. Only, I brave myself watch the 2nd episode. I got hooked then. WWSK is also bad at their 1st episode. Only because the supportive fans of PMY like going crazy promoting them. LOL

1st episode is the gateway to win the netizens heart.  

YIN hairstyle is awesome btw. Kinda want to see her hair length until neck (Like Yoona's hair last year)

To me, this drama is one that I will treasure and will re-watch many times later. It's storyline is simple but sweet and soothing at the same time. It's the type of drama that I want to watch after a stressful day at work.

IMO, the ratings is a bit low because there is no family/office conflicts in the drama. The only family that appeared was JR's father and his story was very short. Always law firm is like a heaven on earth place to work at (with Attn Yeon kind of bosses and family-like colleagues) Most of the highly rated dramas have elements of family/office conflicts thrown in. 

Regarding the acting, I'm just a casual fan of LDW but I find that his acting in TYH is very convincing. KJR is a stoic, cold, workaholic lawyer who has zero experience in dating. To me his portrayal of JR made the character far from boring. He's able to to evoke a roller coaster of emotions in me. Sometimes he's so clueless that you want to whack him on the head and sometimes he's so adorable that you just want give him a big squeeze (or kiss him as what Jin Shim did :lol:). 

Regarding YIN, most of her roles so far are of a glamorous woman type but then she's still able to give a different portrayal of her characters in each dramas. And I love her in all her dramas :D.

So, despite the negative comments, TYH is till the feel good drama choice for me and it's definitely a keeper.

In real-life, there are indeed people who are rather stiff, expressionless and come across unlikable, ... I've observed that oftentimes when actors/actresses have to act out such personality, viewers/netizens immediately jump to comment that the person cannot act... These people may not even be acting experts, and they may not have watched all the works of the actors/actresses to make their comment credible.

LDW was criticized badly when acting in Life. I watched it and I thought he was fine and fits the personality. Here in TYH, he made the character KJR believable and lovable. We don't need to be swayed or influenced or affected by what other people say online. Just based it on your own judgement and taste. Like it - keep it, don't like it - leave it....

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

A man's meat is another man's poison.

As for me, I love TYH from the first second of the drama to the very last second :kiss_wink:

It saddens me  that Korean audience did not take TYH AS  a good drama, I really enjoyed the show plus the cast. Point taken that the other cast didnt mark as much  (like the dots and Goblin) but the other characters like Dan, CEO and manager did really deliver. 

But if we are talking about TYH globally, They did very well, it is MASSIVE. i just hope they will consider this not just in SK. THe fact is that the drama caters to different league, it speaks volume. I hope TVN, LDW and YIN is assured that they did good. And until now I am still longing and hoping that I can see a new episodes every wed and thurs

Hi @braunau, sorry I couldn’t get online earlier. Yeah, I agree it the article was bias. LDW’s acting wasn’t disappointing. In fact, the “cold” and “no emotion” face occasionally matched perfectly with KJR’s characteristic. Take it easy, I think the article writer just over-expected after LDW’s performance in Goblin but he forgot Goblin wasn’t a rom-com drama. Tragedy drama always gives actors more chances to demonstrate their talents :grin:

Yep, the photo of them together was made by fan :dissapointed:

I tried to watch WWWSK and Encounter, I stopped after episode 2 and 3 respectively. Their ratings were very high despite of the plot and acting’s, PMY & SHK must be super popular then. With TYH, I watched livestream in Korean language even I didn’t understand, then stayed awake to wait until 2am every Wed+Thu to watch with subtitle, made me look like a zombie morning after but it was worth every minute and obsolutely no regret  :love: 

I still can't leave this thread. Re-watch, anyone?

Am reading comments about how the show didn't fare well and it's because of LDW's acting. OK. This, I cannot understand.

I am not a die-hard fan of his, honestly only encountering him in Goblin. But I don't see any issues with LDW's acting. In fact, I think him to be an excellent actor, both him and Yoo Inna, and I found their portrayal of their relationship in Goblin and TYH so very very different! Isn't that testament to good acting? Especially for YIN - to act like you can't act. I don't know how to act like you can't act without making it affected. And LDW - he can act with just his eyes. See how much pain he was holding back in the break-up scene. I know there were comments that when he drove back after leaving OJS in the park, he seemed heartless, but I disagree. He was trying so hard not to cry (and even in the BTS, he was so immersed in his character, he involuntarily started crying at the thought of breaking up, they couldn't film!). And YIN, dear, dear YIN! She was so precious in this entire series!

Truth is, I don't think rom-coms generally gather very high viewership because the storylines are always either too fluffy or not anchored well in a good storyline. Too much rom or too much com. I felt TYH had the perfect balance. Enough rom to make you fall in love. Enough com to keep you laughing as you should. And even the legal backdrop was sufficiently dealt with so you don't forget that the main character is in the legal profession. 

From what I gathered from this thread, the show has done very well in China and on online platforms. It's still getting a lot of love. 

New HD stills released

Mi7Z4CX.jpg

ITQBAJZ.jpg

oStYTVb.jpg

It baffles me that some write ups blame the leads for low ratings... YIN and LDW made the most of the character given to them and their acting in on point IMO. I may be disappointed with the ending, (and yes I still blame myself for reading too much spoilers from the novel kkkk) but I loved everything about it.  

I don't see any issue with LDW as KJR. In fairness KJR isn't a character who needs to be played with an extraordinary acting skill.

He is unnecessarily fit tall handsome, checked

He is stoic and stony cold, checked

He kisses softly tenderly and passionately at the same time and able to mumbles some steamy lines in between, checked

He can cries when needed, checked

So I can see LDW fits the checklist as KJR like a glove...The most important part the otp got great chemistry...

TYH is a simple clean cut romcom not a big budget type of drama. Despite that we can see it's a well made and well written drama. Simple but engaging and really touch your heart, brain, lips, chest, neck, eyes, and so on....:thumbsup: Overall I am happy with TYH...:heart:

add.

Forget to mentioned that YIN was indeed the star of the drama. She was practically carried the whole drama by herself....

38 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I still can't leave this thread. Re-watch, anyone?

Am reading comments about how the show didn't fare well and it's because of LDW's acting. OK. This, I cannot understand.

I am not a die-hard fan of his, honestly only encountering him in Goblin. But I don't see any issues with LDW's acting. In fact, I think him to be an excellent actor, both him and Yoo Inna, and I found their portrayal of their relationship in Goblin and TYH so very very different! Isn't that testament to good acting? Especially for YIN - to act like you can't act. I don't know how to act like you can't act without making it affected. And LDW - he can act with just his eyes. See how much pain he was holding back in the break-up scene. I know there were comments that when he drove back after leaving OJS in the park, he seemed heartless, but I disagree. He was trying so hard not to cry (and even in the BTS, he was so immersed in his character, he involuntarily started crying at the thought of breaking up, they couldn't film!). And YIN, dear, dear YIN! She was so precious in this entire series!

Truth is, I don't think rom-coms generally gather very high viewership because the storylines are always either too fluffy or not anchored well in a good storyline. Too much rom or too much com. I felt TYH had the perfect balance. Enough rom to make you fall in love. Enough com to keep you laughing as you should. And even the legal backdrop was sufficiently dealt with so you don't forget that the main character is in the legal profession. 

From what I gathered from this thread, the show has done very well in China and on online platforms. It's still getting a lot of love. 

Very well said.

I agree on all points. And most especially on YIN’s acting (I’m not her die-hard fan either, in fact - I used to not like her). For me, she carried the entire series and she went away with it with flying colors. 

LDW did just as well. And his character, I think, was really meant to complement the very bright and sunny OYS/OJS. So to be restrained and unfeeling was what he was all about, and he brought that out perfectly in his portrayal of KJR.

Sorry not sorry, this drama is tops on my list.

Archived