[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, KimSunny said:

Anyway, a lot of people disagree of the breakup, but for me, I found it reasonable and kinda realistic.

Come to think of it, I broke up once with my husband too when we were still dating. We got back together again, of course. So I guess I should not ever complain about OTP breaking up in dramas...:P

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Come to think of it, I broke up once with my husband too when we were still dating. We got back together again, of course. So I guess I should not ever complain about OTP breaking up in dramas...:P

And your life happened in 16 episodes too I guess? which episode did you get back together? Would like to know for scientific purposes :P

This wait is torturous lol. Also Shim Hyung Tak’s Muscles are bursting out of his suit in @Ameera Ali‘s pics hehehe. 

55 minutes ago, attriste said:

And your life happened in 16 episodes too I guess? which episode did you get back together? Would like to know for scientific purposes :P

I had forgotten which episode we got back together, and my life is the 100-over episodes family drama, that kept being extended somehow... fortunately not the makjang genre :lol:

8 hours ago, attriste said:

Even all the colleagues at ALWAYS don’t know they’re dating.. or used to date.. such a sad romance under wraps. 

I need some vitamin BTS now lol.. amusement park scene please..

also I was reading some comments about the lack of skinship and I’m wondering whether it’s this PD’s framing, I recall WSK had their characters side by side with visible gaps a lot as well and it bugged me.

Yes, their lack of affection really bothered me too. From no hugging tight consoling, to NOTHING during the cute market date and at his house (that 1 little peck is not enough). Totally get that it's still "new" and they progress slow but I feel like they went backwards!! They better make this up to by the reunion scene(s) or else! I'm a really tired working mom of 2 so when I willingly loose sleep to watch this late at night I expect non-stop amazingness lol! 

I just finished watching the 12th episode and I couldn't help myself to not fall more deeply in love with JR. I mean... he's clueless as hell but he's so considerate. He literally hugged her and congratulated her without asking any question wow amazing I need someone like him too.

lawyer couple romance starts to bloom and mr. Choi kept on asking himself what he should do with her, SW and YR being a married couple and lipstick? no it's lip balm. ok this is one epic commercial lol. 

and the break up... it's sad but it's somehow needed y know. I have so many mixed feelings with this episode :(: *gosh the way he looked at her makes me WAIL* thank you, next. literally.

Has anyone brought up the Jenga piece? My bet is on YS showing up later with it, demanding that KR keep his promise to do what she asks. If this doesn't happen, they missed a great opportunity.

The Jenga scene was so cute. It was just the OTP enjoying being together... stupid noble idiocy. 

1 hour ago, thehappiesthapa said:

Has anyone brought up the Jenga piece? My bet is on YS showing up later with it, demanding that KR keep his promise to do what she asks. If this doesn't happen, they missed a great opportunity.

The Jenga scene was so cute. It was just the OTP enjoying being together... stupid noble idiocy. 

For sure. They HAVE to have her redeem the wish! 

I hope it's like he still isn't sure if they should be back together (tho he wants to), and she is like remember my jenga wish? Well my wish is you have to kiss me RIGHT NOW. :innocent:

To add my thoughts, I think the break up was done realistically because:

1.) JR was truly there for YS in her time of need as he had promised, he protected her from the stalker and made sure the guy was arrested and taken away. So that danger was over (at least what the characters believe, but viewers know it might come back).

2.) YS's reputation was fixed finally, writers/producers/directors wanted to work with her again, her fans were on her side again, people are loving her and leaving positive messages.

3.) She was mainly being praised for taking her work seriously (going to law firm to study for her part). IF the public found out that she was dating the lawyer and having fun, they would think of her much less, we already know how the fans switch back and forth.

4.) JR did not want to break up with her. In fact, he told the manager that he won't leave her.

5.) He ONLY decided to do this AFTER he saw the effect that just ONE photo of them simply eating together did....suddenly everyone wanted an official press release asking if they are dating....

6.) I KNEW the fact that YS's comments about how much acting makes her truly happy would come back to bite in some way. She has expressed to JR that she feels the absolute happiest when acting. He pays close attention to every word she says. So him thinking back to her own words sealed the deal with his decision.

7.) To add, he saw and witnessed how much she struggled with her career/reputation and all that pain. So again, why would anyone who truly loves someone else want for that person to lose a chance at the comeback they have waited and hoped for a long time....for that happiness.

8.) He didn't do it because the manager told him to do it. He did it precisely for her happiness because he genuinely believes she feels happiest when acting (per her own words). So what is he to do in this situation? It's actually an interesting dilemma to me. Because if he stays with her and says "whatever, who cares" about her career, then what does that make him? A selfish person in a way because he is thinking of his needs first. If he does break up with her, he ends up the guy who hurts her....So it's a no win situation at the moment.

The writer is aware the break up is cliche. Hence, he even has the manager/JR talk about the cliche dialogue. BUT I think in this case, it was needed precisely because YS needs to see that acting/fame/saved reputation isn't going to make her genuinely happy. It's a combination of things in life that make a person happy. So she will act in the drama and still miss her man. And I still think that going to law school is in her future because she enjoys it too. 

To add, I've seen 1 or 2 people keep mentioning here that his feelings are stronger than hers for him. I personally strongly disagree. But perhaps for these two fans, seeing YS truly miss JR will make them re-think their observations. In the promos, it does look like she misses him. She is great at putting up a "face/a front." We know this. But she is vulnerable and crying. Yes, she'll do the acting because she is determined. But a HUGE chunk of her heart will be missing.

And the time jump won't be long in my opinion because the Dan/Choi pairing said they will agree to a 1 month dating contract. So in my opinion, JR/YS will be separated for a few weeks to 1 month as she is filming the new drama and he is handling new cases. I don't think it will be longer than that. 

As for the YR character, even if she is being sweeter and nicer...sorry but that character isn't interesting to me. 

Also, I remember some people kept complaining on social media sites such as twitter and instagram about how the show is missing the dramatic storylines and the crazy plots. Well, the stalker plot recently lowered the ratings. So I think Touch Your Heart fans are definitely watching for the ROMANTIC COMEDY and SWEETNESS aspects....not crazy plots. So I hope ratings will go up next week now that the stalker parts are put to rest for now at least. He will probably back in the finale....but not next week. TYH works amazingly better as a romantic comedy about the love story between two adorable people....instead of a creepy guy in the mix. At least from what I see in the ratings. 

20 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

1.) JR was truly there for YS in her time of need as he had promised, he protected her from the stalker and made sure the guy was arrested and taken away. So that danger was over (at least what the characters believe, but viewers know it might come back).

2.) YS's reputation was fixed finally, writers/producers/directors wanted to work with her again, her fans were on her side again, people are loving her and leaving positive messages.

3.) She was mainly being praised for taking her work seriously (going to law firm to study for her part). IF the public found out that she was dating the lawyer and having fun, they would think of her much less, we already know how the fans switch back and forth.

4.) JR did not want to break up with her. In fact, he told the manager that he won't leave her.

5.) He ONLY decided to do this AFTER he saw the effect that just ONE photo of them simply eating together did....suddenly everyone wanted an official press release asking if they are dating....

6.) I KNEW the fact that YS's comments about how much acting makes her truly happy would come back to bite in some way. She has expressed to JR that she feels the absolute happiest when acting. He pays close attention to every word she says. So him thinking back to her own words sealed the deal with his decision.

7.) To add, he saw and witnessed how much she struggled with her career/reputation and all that pain. So again, why would anyone who truly loves someone else want for that person to lose a chance at the comeback they have waited and hoped for a long time....for that happiness.

8.) He didn't do it because the manager told him to do it. He did it precisely for her happiness because he genuinely believes she feels happiest when acting (per her own words). So what is he to do in this situation? It's actually an interesting dilemma to me. Because if he stays with her and says "whatever, who cares" about her career, then what does that make him? A selfish person in a way because he is thinking of his needs first. If he does break up with her, he ends up the guy who hurts her....So it's a no win situation at the moment.

The writer is aware the break up is cliche. Hence, he even has the manager/JR talk about the cliche dialogue. BUT I think in this case, it was needed precisely because YS needs to see that acting/fame/saved reputation isn't going to make her genuinely happy. It's a combination of things in life that make a person happy. So she will act in the drama and still miss her man. And I still think that going to law school is in her future because she enjoys it too. 

To add, I've seen 1 or 2 people keep mentioning here that his feelings are stronger than hers for him. I personally strongly disagree. But perhaps for these two fans, seeing YS truly miss JR will make them re-think their observations. In the promos, it does look like she misses him. She is great at putting up a "face/a front." We know this. But she is vulnerable and crying. Yes, she'll do the acting because she is determined. But a HUGE chunk of her heart will be missing.

And the time jump won't be long in my opinion because the Dan/Choi pairing said they will agree to a 1 month dating contract. So in my opinion, JR/YS will be separated for a few weeks to 1 month as she is filming the new drama and he is handling new cases. I don't think it will be longer than that. 

As for the YR character, even if she is being sweeter and nicer...sorry but that character isn't interesting to me. 

Also, I remember some people kept complaining on social media sites such as twitter and instagram about how the show is missing the dramatic storylines and the crazy plots. Well, the stalker plot recently lowered the ratings. So I think Touch Your Heart fans are definitely watching for the ROMANTIC COMEDY and SWEETNESS aspects....not crazy plots. So I hope ratings will go up next week now that the stalker parts are put to rest for now at least. He will probably back in the finale....but not next week. TYH works amazingly better as a romantic comedy about the love story between two adorable people....instead of a creepy guy in the mix. At least from what I see in the ratings. 

I agree with you entirely. The break-up does make sense and is necessary. On top of that, it shows how deep JR’s feelings and care  for JS are. In addition, I’ve heard people calling JR being a liar since he promised JS that he would be fighting by her side. I beg to disagree though. I mean, he had ALWAYS been supporting her through the hard times and dramatic events ever since he got to know her. He only decided to break up when things were already kinda settled down and she got her fame back. 

Hello everyone, I’ve been following this thread for a while :). I only sign up today because apparently I’ve become sooooo interested in this couple haha. Nice to meet you all!

4 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Thank you, I need this.

Sometimes one gets too emotional and dramatic after watching a KDrama like this - talking about me.... :) ha ha.  It gets better afterwards.. I was not able to watch it again with sub the next day after watching it live.  Once is enough although I know what the end is :blush: as in a romcom.  Looking forward to the next episodes.  

Characters of the week.

Credit to the owner

p.s It seems the thread is moving a little bit faster after the break up.:ph34r:

Archived