[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

22 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

At the moment, I've been thinking quite a lot about OJS. For someone who was told not a good actress, she had taken part in quite a number of drama as lead actress :). What I love is these experiences really helped her in dealing with the cases.

p.s She's not angry being called OJS  by KJR anymore right?

And her cooking proved that she is a good and quick learner. So this shows that she is really smart. She wasn't a good actress because she never learnt how to act (no study) and this shows that her manager and CEO were the ones who did wrong to her in reality. They just relied on her beauty and appearance first... and relied on her memory for the dramas. They were never really interested to improve her skills as she was already successful.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, thefungster said:

oh... i had to watch the last episode again... the CEO is such a character! I wonder why JR ended up at his firm... 

that reminds me of the first episode where the CEO was trying to make JR take on JS as a secretary and he brought up an incident... i wonder what that is!? HMMM... 

Yes, something happened a few years ago  :ph34r:  look like he owed something to his current CEO.

Now that I look back in the first episode, both OJS and KJR were both at the court at that same moment, most probably for different cases.  Well we still have lots more episode to know about his background.  This include his friendship with YYR and KSW. 

@bebebisous33, glad that now she's improving so much in managing herself and doing more that what she's supposed to do.

I think the reason why FL introduced her manager as her cousin to ML is because none of them at the law firm are aware of her real reason behind the whole working skit at the law firm. They don't know that she's prepping for a new drama and using this opportunity to getting into her character whereas they all assume she's trying to resume a career in law of some sort. Perhaps ML will be slightly disappointed when he learns the truth and probably feel let down as she never revealed her ulterior motive behind her temp job

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And her cooking proved that she is a good and quick learner. So this shows that she is really smart. She wasn't a good actress because she never learnt how to act (no study) and this shows that her manager and CEO were the ones who did wrong to her in reality. They just relied on her beauty and appearance first... and relied on her memory for the dramas. They were never really interested to improve her skills as she was already successful.

I agree that YS is smart. In the first couple of episodes, she didn’t strike me as dumb. Rather, she struck me as the “sheltered” type since her manager did everything for her and her CEO also gave her everything so she never really had to put anything she learned into good use. 

I also find her willingness to learn very endearing. The fact that she bought those law books to study tells me she really wants to learn  and she even remembers all the things that JR has taught her. Not only is she willing to learn but she is also hardworking. She realizes she doesn’t know much compared to JR or the other people in the law firm but it doesn’t stop her from doing whatever she can to help. 

Ps. I’m secretly happy they didn’t kiss yet because there is still a chance my bet is right!!! 

Those who lost the bet, you guys changing your DPs? Lol

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I agree that YS is smart. In the first couple of episodes, she didn’t strike me as dumb. Rather, she struck me as the “sheltered” type since her manager did everything for her and her CEO also gave her everything so she never really had to put anything she learned into good use. 

I also find her willingness to learn very endearing. The fact that she bought those law books to study tells me she really wants to learn  and she even remembers all the things that JR has taught her. Not only is she willing to learn but she is also hardworking. She realizes she doesn’t know much compared to JR or the other people in the law firm but it doesn’t stop her from doing whatever she can to help. 

Ps. I’m secretly happy they didn’t kiss yet because there is still a chance my bet is right!!! 

Those who lost the bet, you guys changing your DPs? Lol

I agree. Due to her manager and the CEO, she stopped "using" her brain... that's why she didn't even read the prescription for the vitamines pills. She was so sheltered that she could never show her true abilities. Buying the law books illustrates how dedicated OJS is. She never does things half-way. It was funny to see how she prepared the files. It looked so organized. She definitely knows how to work. 

I have been thinking that at some point, KJR himself might get into trouble hence I am suspecting that OJS will be forced to show her true skills so that she will surprise everyone. So far, all of them think, she is just acting as a secretary but in reality, she does more than the job of a secretary.

The gesture, putting her hand into his pocket, symbolizes that he has completely accepted her. She somehow belongs to his world. The progression in their relationship is illustrated by the hands. Only at the end of the episode 2, he offered his hand for a handshake. Then she touches his hand unintentionally, notice how he retrieves his hands. Then in the latest episode, they have the pinky promise (they touch each other's hand with only two fingers) and finally he takes her hand and put it in his pocket.    

@mouse007 yeap. We changed our DP. 

Funnily enough I love my new profile gif. Hahaha. 

@bebebisous33 i never thought of this way about JS. When she talked about being in this and that drama, I was thinking she missed being an actress that’s all.

Being able to do things she learnt such a short time does indicate she’s a fast learner and good at it too. No wonder she’s able

to attend law school in the first place. 

@Far^away I also actually really like your new DP! :lol:

I’m also curious to see if YS will be given a chance to show what she’s learned 

@bebebisous33 good point about the hands. I never looked at it that way. Another thing I appreciate about JR is that even though YS is by no means a lawyer, he doesn’t minimize the value of her work and notices her hard work. 

29 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@Far^away I also actually really like your new DP! :lol:

I’m also curious to see if YS will be given a chance to show what she’s learned 

@bebebisous33 good point about the hands. I never looked at it that way. Another thing I appreciate about JR is that even though YS is by no means a lawyer, he doesn’t minimize the value of her work and notices her hard work. 

The thing is that when she said that she had worked hard and pointed out the file, his face revealed that he felt guilty. He knew that as a secretary, this wasn't her job to study the case like that. To me, he is little by little training her to become a lawyer and not a secretary. 

Well, in the next episode they will use their fingers in order to send hearts to the other! So the hands have a deep connection to the heart.

Cute FMV below. I love everyone's insights on here, by the way. But now I am trying to remember this...so no one at Always knows that OJS is working there to prep for a drama? Why do they think she is there then? I think I'm a little confused. Also, I keep wondering if we are going to have angst episodes and if so, what it will be. There are no huge secrets, no second leads, only the stalker and that will just bring them together more if anything. Any ideas?

@turtlegirl Thanks for the MV! :wub: While watching it, something caught my attention: KJR stopped twice the hand of a man who wanted to hurt OJS: the crazy driver and the stalker. So in my opinion, there will be a third time where KJR intervenes again in order to protect OJS. I guess, it will be against the stalker CEO. And this confirmed my observation from earlier: KJR's hand plays a huge part in the evolution of their relationship. As for the angst... honestly, I would like to have nothing like that. However, I see a possible "separation", when OJS has finally received the green light from the scriptwriter and she gets the role for the next drama. Her job as secretary is temporary. So leaving his side due to her career will definitely affect KJR as in his eyes, she has already become his real and true partner. Right now, he has already forgotten that she is supposed to be there for three months. @mouse007

I've been wondering about what happens when KJR finds out about the real reason OJS/OYS is there too.

Remember the teaser where he's taking her to court for deception? I know that was filmed specifically as a teaser, but what if that's the direction they take this? The chaebol stalker dude could twist the truth and lie to hurt KJR and cause him to push OYS away (doesn't this always happen in KDramas? :sweatingbullets:).

Then I'd like to see some scenes in court where KJR brings out all the evidence of her deception towards him (mainly the heart post-it notes), and OYS uses the very same evidence of her very real feels for him. :lol:

On 2/18/2019 at 4:50 AM, intrariver said:

thank you.

I'm on episode 5 now, can't wait to see how their romance develop. they only start to pay attention to each other. I wonder how it could be when 3 months intern for OYS end, and finally she comeback as an artist in a drama but at the same time she already falling in love with KJR. :wub: I dont think that this would be angsty angst like any other drama, KJR will definitely support her, since he knows that being an artist where she's the happiest. maybe that could be her last comeback before retire, because honestly I want OYS prove to minji that she can be loved like she used before as an artist.

dunno why but I'm also shipping DMH and mama boy :lol:, and always lawfirm CEO screentime also made me :D

40 minutes ago, unhelpful said:

I've been wondering about what happens when KJR finds out about the real reason OJS/OYS is there too.

Remember the teaser where he's taking her to court for deception? I know that was filmed specifically as a teaser, but what if that's the direction they take this? The chaebol stalker dude could twist the truth and lie to hurt KJR and cause him to push OYS away (doesn't this always happen in KDramas? :sweatingbullets:).

Then I'd like to see some scenes in court where KJR brings out all the evidence of her deception towards him (mainly the heart post-it notes), and OYS uses the very same evidence of her very real feels for him. :lol:

I doubt that KJR could be deceived by the stalker CEO. So far, he has realized what the man did to her. He saw her trauma. Moreover, OJS complained that 2 years ago she had no one by her side and she wished, she had had a lawyer like him in the past who would take her side. So falling for his lies would crush her entirely. That's why I don't see it happening. I rather believe that KJR might become his target. He will be jealous of the lawyer... as KJR was able to date OJS, while she rejected him, a chaebol. KJR has no power and money like him and yet the lawyer succeeded. Imagine his jealousy and anger. 

I agree with @triplem that the angst part won't be dragged out or there might be no real angst, except that KJR is affected by her departure. We shouldn't forget KJR's personality. We have a hero that gets closer to her at his own space hence once he is dating her, I doubt that he will break up with her. His feelings are much deeper and more consistent: once he is in love with her, he won't change his mind.  

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that KJR could be deceived by the stalker CEO. So far, he has realized what the man did to her. He saw her trauma. Moreover, OJS complained that 2 years ago she had no one by her side and she wished, she had had a lawyer like him in the past who would take her side. So falling for his lies would crush her entirely. That's why I don't see it happening. I rather believe that KJR might become his target. He will be jealous of him... as he was able to date OJS, while she rejected him. 

I agree with @triplem that the angst part won't be dragged out or there might be no real angst, except that KJR is affected by her departure. We shouldn't forget KJR's personality. We have a hero that gets closer to her at his own space hence once he is dating her, I doubt that he will break up with her. His feelings are much deeper and more consistent: once he is in love with her, he won't change his mind.  

I agree that it probably won't play out that way, but I could imagine KJR being tricked into believing that OYS had never really been attracted to her, and had just been using him to further her career. That's the route I could see this going down.

If it does I don't think the angst would last long and be turned to comedy, just like the first time he asked the rest of the company for their opinions of her behaviour. 

Well what if the biggest twist is that in the final episode KJR will be hire as an attory for the CEO stalker if he will get caught? And that CEO will try to Black mail JR if he will not depend him???:crazy: anyway my mind just went wild with imagination hehehe!

47 minutes ago, unhelpful said:

I agree that it probably won't play out that way, but I could imagine KJR being tricked into believing that OYS had never really been attracted to her, and had just been using him to further her career. That's the route I could see this going down.

If it does I don't think the angst would last long and be turned to comedy, just like the first time he asked the rest of the company for their opinions of her behaviour. 

First, I don't like this idea. Secondly, I don't see it happening either because it would undermine the love story.

KJR has been falling for OSJ because he saw the real person behind the actress. He gets to know her, while the CEO never has. The stalker fell for the celebrity and not the person. So if he believed that OYS seduced him for her career would mean that he views OYS as someone who could manipulate him and who was ambitious and greedy. If KJR was so easily persuaded, then it means... he doesn't really know OSJ and it looks weird for a lawyer to be convinced so easily. 

But there is one possibility left: OYS would say such a thing about herself in order to cut ties with him. But why on earth would she do that? In order to protect KJR... if something like that happens, then I doubt that KJR will buy her lies. For that, he knows her and her past too well. Nevertheless, I hope, something like that won't happen because I really dislike this... too stupid for my taste.

19 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@fitzsimmons sorry to cut your post but I just wanted to highlight the above since I agree with all your points especially these ones. I also do not like the Yeorum. I was more annoyed than feel sympathy for her. I didn’t like how she told JR that he can’t take the case because she has a lot at stake and she can’t lose it. If she was confident in her abilities as a prosecutor and wanted to prove herself, then she shouldn’t be trying to sway circumstances to her favour and rather she should be facing the challenge head on even if it was against JR. 

As for YS, I love her more and more with each episode. Although she started off as being naive and helpless, we can see in each episode that she’s actually warm-hearted, sweet and thoughtful. What I love about her is that despite the fact that she was once a famous celebrity, she doesn’t look down on other people. We see her comfort and reach out to clients. She touches them, hugs them and tries to understand the situation from their perspective. 

And JR, I love that the real reason he chose to become a lawyer was so that he could stand beside those who feel like they are alone and helpless. Despite his outward appearance of being too serious and somewhat cold, he is actually a very caring person. I loved that scene where he drank soju after the difficult case in episode 6. Although he won the case, to him, it wasn’t worth celebrating because he understood why they did the things they did. The real culprit was the abusive husband. 

I love that JR isn’t blind to YS’ kindness and thoughtfulness and that he is sincerely interested in her wellbeing. He always thinks of her comfort when choosing places to eat at or by avoiding taking her to places where there are lots of journalists. 

I also think the pairing between Mama Boy lawyer and Easily smitten lawyer is much more entertaining than the 2 prosecutors. 

And JR being jealous was THE BEST!! Even better than YS being jealous. The look on his face when he heard her say oppa! Hahaha! 

The hand in pocket scene at the end of episode 6! Totally got me squealing over here!!

I love your thoughts too! I think this is one of those rare times when you have such LIKABLE and EQUALLY CHARMING lead characters in a K-Drama. Some of the K-Dramas recently turned me off because I didn't like one of the lead characters, and it made it impossible for me to watch the shows. Unless, there was a secondary pairing I could watch and focus on. So for me, it's unique to find WRITERS who create lead characters in such a relatable and honest way. Where they aren't annoying or self centered or cold. 

I'm impressed with both of these characters because of their SWEET HEARTS and kindness. Their love story feels genuine because you can see WHY they are falling for each other. It is natural and realistic. He is a kind lawyer who wants to protect and help people. She is a beautiful soul who doesn't wish any harm towards anyone else. And both are caring and taking care of EACH OTHER in an honest way. Nothing i fake or forced.

By the way, I've seen the OINTMENT COUPLE used as a ship name for them in the behind the scenes clip. Does that mean K-fans decided on it and already the ACTORS are aware of it? I was thinking maybe POCKETS COUPLE would work best just because that hand in pocket moment was so BEAUTIFUL and rare. I can't think of any other recent K-Drama that had a hand in pocket moment. So maybe hands in pocket couple? Or even HEART couple? Or HEALING couple? 

I don't know. What do you guys think of OINTMENT couple? And I'm just surprised by how QUICK the behind the scenes picked that up??? 

To add, I THINK Mama's Boy will fall for Smitten Lawyer FIRST! How funny would that be and different since she is the one usually falling for all the guys first???? I can just imagine it! 

Archived