[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

So I’ve started my re-watch and now I find that their choice of using Michael Bublé’s Haven’t Met You Yet to open the show so absolutely perfect! Lyrics in the hidden sections, my commentary following each section

Spoiler

I'm not surprised
Not everything lasts
I've broken my heart so many times I've stopped keepin' track.
Talk myself in
I talk myself out
I get all worked up than I let myself down.

OJS has had a hard time with her career, and she had not yet met anyone special at the start of the drama. The closest semblance to someone “loving” her that she experienced was a stalker who had ruined her career at the opening of this drama.

KJR was someone who, we also come to learn, has never really had much happening for him as far as relationships went. He didn’t have a good relationship with his father; he was known to be prickly and KSW said even his crush on YYR was so insignificant that it couldn’t even be considered to real feelings of any sort. But we know he does like women. He said as much to OJS, though he was certain it would be anyone but her! Talking himself out to not fall in love with her? She just about said the same too!

Spoiler

I tried so very hard not to lose it
I came up with a million excuses
I thought I thought of every possibility

And I know someday that it'll all turn up
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid that I'll give so much more than I get yeah
I just haven't met you yet. 

OJS’s attractive and almost addictive optimism however had her working hard to gain the acceptance and recognition she wanted from KJR as a real legal secretary. And it is this aspect of her character that got KJR to really start rethinking his impression of her, and exactly what got him to actually start working to work out at least the professional aspect of their relationship.

Spoiler

Oh I might have to wait
I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck
Wherever you are
Whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

And indeed, half of it was timing - her falling repeatedly, and finally into his arms (!) - and half of it luck that brought her of all places to his law firm to be his secretary. Who would’ve guessed that such a remote possibility of him, KJR, dating a celeb? Even KSW must’ve thought the possibilities so bizarrely remote. His dense-in-the-dating-department Friend becoming the 3rd most famous “Thief” in Korea. She certainly came out of nowhere into his life.

Spoiler
And I know that we can be so amazing
And baby your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility mmm

And somehow I know that it'll all turn up
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid I'll give so much more than I get m-m
I just haven't met you yet

But OJS really changes him. And he changes her too. She suddenly starts to think for herself. She stops being so dependent on others making decisions for her. She even stands up to her stalker, something she would never have done before. She finds in herself the ability to apply herself and takes an interest in Law. No longer someone who’s rumoured to be an airhead who dropped out of law school, but someone who could actually have made it in another field of choice.

Spoiler
They say all's fair
In love and war
But I won't need to fight it
We'll get it right it
We'll be united

And I know that we can be so amazing
And being in your life is gonna change me
And now I can see every single possibility mmm

The thing I really love about this story was that there was no second lead. It was all about them working out their relationship. Even in the breakup, there was no fight. They just needed that space to get it right and work it out. And they were so united after that. Neither being jealous of the other, trusting each other

Spoiler
And someday I know it'll all turn up
And I work to work it out
Promise you kid, I get more than I get
Than I get than I get than I get

Oh you know that will all turn out
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid, to give so much more than I get
Yeah I just haven't met you yet
Oh I just haven't met you yet
Oh I promise you kid
To give so much more than I get
(I said love, love, love, love)
(love, love, love, love)
I just haven't met you yet (love, love, love, love)
So doy day ay ay ay, ay ay yeah (love, love, love, love)
I just haven't met you yet

Both of them just really worked so much to give the other more than they each got. It’s such a lovely story!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand HOW anyone can blame LDW for ‘poor’ acting!! And those who find YIN annoying because of her voice/looks/ plus because she is ‘old but acts young’ - I SMELL THE GREEN EYE MONSTER!! :grimace: 

LDW and YIN are PERFECT for the roles. The main weakness of the drama has NOTHING to do with them - I think some people totally MESSED UP with the scheduling and Budget - they under-budgeted and the writer/ Writers FAILED to PLAN out the adaptation and the ending properly - so the ending became RUSHED AND LACKLUSTER!!

Also, REAL LIFE (as in all the news-breaking scandals) interfered too ... and perhaps Knetz found real life events more interesting than rom-coms now ... unless the drama is SUPER MAKJANG and filled with lots of politicking / family feuds / realistic little tragedies etc. 

Besides it being more ‘sexy’, I think WWWSK has some darker elements than TYH, that’s why it had such high ratings. And Encounter of course, had SHK - I gave up after the first episode because I just couldn’t catch the chemistry between the leads ... I haven’t seen Romance is a Bonus Book but again, it has LJS.

I was not a huge fan of both LDW & YIN but TYH has made me a fan!! They are FANTASTIC actors and to blame their acting for the low rating is totally RIDICULOUS! 

Also, does anyone know the reason why the last OST was not included at all in the drama?? The one in @pichicouple‘s  IG post below?? Perhaps, it goes back to my hypothesis about some people MESSING up the schedule BIG TIME ... 

Also, I forgot to add, because of the low  ratings, I HIGHLY DOUBT these 2 will ever act in a drama again ... sigh ... :dissapointed: They are in a BUSINESS after all and they are accountable to their agencies - who need their dramas to have high ratings in order to rake in the money ... (UNLESS a Writer or Producer specifically requests for them??) 

@Hedgehogfan - I will sign the petition of course, and we can still hope and wish - but it’s highly unlikely there would be a Season 2 because of the low ratings ... Also, if there’s a Season 2, it may feature DIFFERENT actors ... so it may not be LDW and YIN again or WORSE - they pair LDW with some other actress or YIN with some other actor!! I don’t think I can accept that!!! :triumph::bawling:

BUT I hope and wish they would be featured in a magazine shoot or MORE CFs, as they are extremely popular!! YIN is already the TOP female model for the month of March!! 

S2 petition of Touch Your Heart only started like a day ago, and already there are 2,600 signatures. Why not sign it, guys? It can't hurt, and it ONLY takes 1 second to do. You never know. I still hope that maybe some other country like China can budget a season 2....

https://www.change.org/p/a-petition-for-touch-your-heart-season-2

Also, I'm still confused why people keep saying ratings were low. They weren't "low" in Korea. In fact, it was only SECOND to another series in the same timeslot. Which means the other 3-4 shows were much lower....and some of them were from the big networks. I get that with the hype of these two actors, people expected Encounter ratings. But that's not realistic. Encounter had the famous superstar actress....

Touch Your Heart average for the 16 episodes was 3.97% for nationwide and 4.48% for Seoul. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_Your_Heart

Here is ratings info, only Doctor Prisoner got higher ratings than Touch Your Heart: 

#DoctorPrisoner : 13 % | 14.5%

#BigIssue : 3.3% | 3.6%

#TheBanker : 2.5% | 3.3%

#TouchYourHeart : 3.8%

#Possessed : 2%

Let's also look at some of the other show ratings:

#LegalHigh : 2%

#KillIt : 1.1%

#HeIsPsychometric : 1.9%

#SpringMustBeComing : 2% | 2.2%

#WelcomeToWaikiki2 : 1.8%

As a side note, let's PLEASE keep this thread OPTIMISTIC and SUPPORTIVE of our show and BOTH actors. No need to bring in what other haters are saying about the acting skills or the series. Who cares? Instead, let's keep this a TYH FRIENDLY thread where FANS can browse and look for good things to read and see....

Touch Your Heart    episode 16

Nationwide  No.1:   3.803   Touch Your Heart

Seoul  No.1 :   4.576   Touch Your Heart

Nationwide  No.1:   3.803    Touch Your Heart

005zm9UVly1g1jb485zk6j30u01hcwjq.jpg

Seoul  No.1:   4.576   Touch Your Heart

005zm9UVly1g1jb48t6jcj30u01hcjwo.jpg

Good comments

K nets comments courtesy of 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/touch-your-heart-finale-ep-16-spoilers.html?m=1

Touch Your Heart] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Lee Dong Wook ♥ Yoo In Na

touch.png
Article: Naver 'Touch Your Heart' Lee Dong Wook   Yoo In Na, happy ending with them revealing their relationship publicly 

1. [+1501,-41]
Lee Dong Wook is really handsome to the point where my mouth hurts... I couldn't close my mouth when I saw the ending with him in a tuxedo... 

2. [+742,-25]
I smiled unknowingly while watching this, what a pity that it has ended. 

3. [+493,-15]
This is so interesting, but to think it's the last episode... What a pity. I'll be waiting for their dating rumor article. 

4. [+321,-17]
Their chemistry isn't part of this world.  ㅠㅠ The actors have worked hard~

5. [+239,-17]
It's such a pity. Been a while since I've watched a drama that makes my heart beat. The actors have worked hard. And Lee Dong Wook, love you!!!

6. [+89,-4]
Lee Dong Wook's beauty did everything during the party at the end... From his clothes to his hair, everything matches him so well. In the middle of that, that face which is a masterpiece...... Lee Dong Wook is really so handsome... To add, he gets more handsome as he ages. He doesn't get old at all. He's like a wax figure. Please do lots of romcoms in the future too. 

7. [+74,-2]
I screamed when I saw Lee Dong Wook putting his hair up and wearing a tuxedo..... Wow, that visual is insane. That handsomeness isn't part of this world. Seriously. 

8. [+73,-3]
Why has the two been such a good match so well since Goblin? I like seeing them together. They look so pretty. Are they really not dating... 

heart.png
Article: Naver 'Touch Your Heart' Lee Dong Wook  Yoo In Na announce their relationship, a happy ending 

1. [+241,-8]
They match so well~~~ ♡♡♡

2. [+191,-27]
A drama where Yoo In Na is really pretty in!

3. [+132,-15]
Yoo In Na gets more charismatic the more I see her. She's cute, lovely, pretty, and kind. Feels like she has everything. 

4. [+89,-9]
He's cool. An actor who's warms people's hearts... Lee Dong Wook jjang. 

5. [+22,-0]
I saw Lee Dong Wook at the Chanel event today. He's not human. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ He doesn't seem human even seeing him on tv, ㅠㅠㅠ but seeing him in real life ㅠㅠㅠ  I nearly cried. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Ha.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I've seen lots of male actors in real life, but Lee Dong Wook is the top. 

6. [+23,-3]
The ending took my breath away. Lee Dong Wook's beauty is daebak. 

7. [+22,-2]
Today's ending is flower Jung Rok ♡

8. [+17,-2]
Lee Dong Wook's beauty at the end is insane. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 'Touch Your Heart', thank you for the past 1.5 months. 

9. [+18,-4]
This is my life drama... Lee Dong Wook, Jung Rok, love you. 

I totally agree with @fitzsimmons .. I don't care to know nor interested about haters comments on a cast acting performances. I sincerely believe they did their best and I love the show. Very much. LDW portraited KJR perfectly and don't want him to change anything. Let's move on. Spread positivity. Ignore Haters..and it will STOP. 

On a Positive note .. Yes, I have signed the Partition. :wub::love::heart: Thank you to the person that started it. Bless you, such a sweet heart.

I must admit. I'm missing TYH. I have watched all the Episode till Ep 16..twice. And absolutely love it. Definitely missing YIN and LDW. Not sure, they will ever be in a drama together again. Let's hope. Thank you, ALL for still being in this thread. 

19 minutes ago, Purnima Dixit said:

Has Any one here read the original web novel on which Touch your heart was based......

Did drama went exactly like web novel????...

It wud be helpful if a short summary can be shared 

Thank you in advance :)

Its not that exact. But stays faithful.

Supposedly love triangle should also be there and more clumsy cute dating in office and during celebrity period Jin Shim. 

Stalker is not just portrayed in one episode. It's like an arc in the webnovel. If you ever read any webnovel, you know what I mean. There is also one time I read a summary from a fan,

"Should I go to him, to protect Mr. Lawyer from his wrath" -stalker is angry. So, like Jin Sim considers to go meet stalker to protect JR. One arc - also involve JR family;  Jin shim met her future Mother-in law!!!

There is a cat too! JR and the cat goes to his rooftop and watch ads of JS whenever he misses her. It depicted by the end of each episode. 

7 hours ago, lol23 said:

Its not that exact. But stays faithful.

Supposedly love triangle should also be there and more clumsy cute dating in office and during celebrity period Jin Shim. 

Stalker is not just portrayed in one episode. It's like an arc in the webnovel. If you ever read any webnovel, you know what I mean. There is also one time I read a summary from a fan,

"Should I go to him, to protect Mr. Lawyer from his wrath" -stalker is angry. So, like Jin Sim considers to go meet stalker to protect JR. One arc - also involve JR family;  Jin shim met her future Mother-in law!!!

There is a cat too! JR and the cat goes to his rooftop and watch ads of JS whenever he misses her. It depicted by the end of each episode. 

Dats nice !! Was expecting it to be different, as they don't exactly include everything from the novel....

The stalker part only I was curious, coz I felt it had to be there for longer time considering it's one of important aspect of YunSeo's life...I felt stalker track ended too soon....whereas it deserved to be given more screen space ....

Got to know, novel had a proper wedding  :wub:mentions of  kid too, Jin-Joo :)

46 minutes ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

Such a meaningless Wednesday today... :dissapointed:

Start a new working week without nothing to look forward to. It has been ages since I watched Goblin but still can’t move on. Now, it is even more difficult.

Yah right? What is there to look forward to? :( 

Archived