[Drama 2019] Touch Your Heart / The Truth Delivered, 진심이닿다

0ly40

I’ve finally watched the last episode and I have to say, I loved it! Found myself laughing and smiling from start to finish! Yes, it didn’t have the sort of skinship we were hoping to see between our leads, but we have to admit, the WWWSK portrayal of romance also wasn’t what TYH’s director was going for. There were adult moments, enough to recognise that what KJR and OJs had was indeed an adult relationship, but otherwise, the romantic focus was really on the purity of a sincere relationship from a sincere heart — hence her name “Jin Shim”. Even the last line of the drama emphasised that it was her sincerity that moved KJR, and despite her (unpopular industry decision) to make her dating life public, he believed her sincerity would continue to move others’ hearts. In fact, it was because of this trait of hers that I’m sure led to her Manager Oppa and CEO relenting to her wanting to make her relationship public. This is also something I personally believe in - authenticity and sincerity are important values which people do not sufficiently appreciate today, yet they are very powerful emotions. 

I have absolutely enjoyed the characters in the show. As much as I hoped to see KJR start calling her “Jin Shim ah~” and for OJS to call him “Oppa~”, fact is, that would be out of character. As CEO/Attorney Yeon said, his smiling at and sending lovey-dovey SMSes were already immensely out of character and it certainly surprised everyone in the firm. 

I also loved the scene where both CEO Yeons were arguing and as much as CEO/Attorney Yeon loved Yun Seo, he was protecting Jungrok when (other) CEO Yeon  was criticising KJR. 

As goofy as things were, given the com-nature of the show, I liked it too that not everyone ends up in a relationship and the show remains real. CEO/Attorney Yeon remains single; Secretary Yang and Mr Scary Face do not develop a romantic relationship. Intern PilGi continues to try to stick his head into everything to get ahead, but the unassuming intern is the one who’s getting on well with his sunbaes. 

Finally, Kim Sewon is the best wingman KJR could have. While his scenes were few and his storyline rather simple, he was truly there for KJR as a friend, confidante and companion. The 2 men didn’t exchange much words, but KSW fundamentally knew his friend, despite reading KJR’s post-get-together-with-OJS emotions wrongly. While I didn’t think much of Yeoreum, whatever little that was told of their relationship was also sufficient for a 16-episode drama. Glad she came to the realisation that climbing occupational ladders doesn’t  define a person. While I’m sure many of us would have preferred the ring to have been KJR’s proposal to OJS, it was certainly more realistic for it to have been between our two prosecutors. 

I liked it too that the show in its own way tried to address this matter of how Knetz seem so interfering in the public and private lives of celebrities in Korea, something many of us outside their culture also find it difficult to comprehend. Indeed, they are humans too and according to their own constitution which they repeated so many times in the drama, they have the right to pursue their personal freedom and happiness. 

And oh! That very last scene of them looking at each other! He’s clearly so in love with her and she is so grateful for him. I’m all ready for a rewatch because I’m certainly not ready to let go of this very heartwarming drama!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello everyone is everyone good? :)

i have finally watched the last episode with subs. and its not bad as it was before i actually liked it. haha well, maybe not what we were expecting, maybe because we know what happened in novel but still it was a nice ending. hehe i teared up during the live phone call between KJR and OJS, i can feel their sincere heart straight through my feels, got tears in my eyes huhu how beautiful their love ughh my feels. the way he said ‘saranghamida’ and she responded with i love u too huhu its so beautiful my otp.

lx74miV.gif

CEO cousins are freaking funny! :joy: ahhh my favorite character, our lovable CEO yeon of always. hahahaha im going to miss them all! especially our otp. they made my wednesday and thursday warm. 

i want to say thanks to all of you chingus in this thread, this is one of the most peaceful thread ive ever been, tho im not that really active in forums, only if i really really want a drama i tend to delurked. haha thanks everyone! for the live recaps, gifs and funny convos, we cried, laughed and used our perverted minds together. i had a really great time spazzing with everyone.

im going to miss dong wook and inna huhuhu ihave never really thought they would work together again because we all know how rare for them to work again, and not this fast, goblin was like 2/3 year s ago. but we got THY instead! huhuhu this is such a blessing so i was really really happy. TYH drama, i will always treasure you in my heart. thank you for touching our hearts.

if you’ll excuse me guys, i think im being too emotional, i need a moment i think im going to get drunk and cry now..

J3LXsHZ.gif

“ Touch Your Heart ”  1-16 ep  broadcasting rate exceed 1.8 Billion

on Korean drama TV in China  ( It is just one APP of broadcast platform in China ) 

*** It will start from zero next month

February:  1-7 ep      648,171,000

March :  8 -16 ep   1,216,944,000 

006QhBHzgy1g1lfzibuxuj30j60y3tb3.jpg

006QhBHzgy1g1lg015dn5j30hr10jmzj.jpg

Yey, go Yoo InNa number 1 and your brother Gong Yoo is on the top spot for the male endorsers too..It would be great if YIN and LDW will take the top spot respectively.. :love:  Hope to see you with LDW again in CFs or movies.. may the Diety hear our prayers! :lol:

my heart has been healed aft watching "Touch", esp aft all the tears in Goblin. 

seeing the final scene of them walking hand in hand into the party and going public as a couple is a nice conclusion to the drama, and a fitting ending to all the cast and crew. both LDW and YIN are so suited for each other and are adorable in both on screen and behind scenes, bring another level of chemistry which brought magic to their characters and drama.

thanks all for this journey, although i silent ninja. will cheer them on in their future works!

As far as I know (from reading) LDW and YIN didn’t take any pictures together at the wrap up party. They sat far from each other as well. LDW showed up late and left early meanwhile YIN didn’t show up in front of media. I actually quite surprised about that. They always show that they are very closed in person but not at all any contact at the party. 

In my country they have an article on a popular e-magazine explains why TYH wasn’t successful in rating despite of the fact it had a silver couple. One of the reasons they blame LDW’s acting.  

On 3/28/2019 at 8:07 PM, ktcjdrama said:

This really is a great drama, so fun and heartwarming.... I love it! It is a keeper! :kiss_wink: I want a sequel already!!! I miss all of them already... I think I won't mind watching any whatever story line as long as the whole cast of ALWAYS team is back, with their Vitamin ~ Goddess OYS. Gonna miss them so much!!!!

This. I love this drama so much. I binged-watched it last week and I was surprised about how much I fell in love with the cast, characters and the couples. For me it’s a very heartwarming and memorable drama and it will definitely remain in my watch queue to view again.

I see some comments on LDW’s portrayal of his character but I thought his character is supposed to be prickly and unsociable so it’s understandable that he’s awkward. Personally I enjoyed seeing such a prickly man behave in a way that I didn’t expect after he decided to give our heroine a chance to sincerely work as his assistant. I’m still in the middle of watching the last few episodes but I’m already satisfied with what I have seen so far. The breakup is about to begin but I know they’ll overcome it and I guess it’s time for our OTP to make important decisions.

6 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

As far as I know (from reading) LDW and YIN didn’t take any pictures together at the wrap up party. They sat far from each other as well. LDW showed up late and left early meanwhile YIN didn’t show up in front of media. I actually quite surprised about that. They always show that they are very closed in person but not at all any contact at the party. 

In my country they have an article on a popular e-magazine explains why TYH wasn’t successful in rating despite of the fact it had a silver couple. One of the reasons they blame LDW’s acting.  

That's sheer nonsense, the audiences think the story is as old as 10 years ago.

Since the news of cooperation with the new drama again, he was blamed by fans of actor who had worked with him before, unless it has nothing to do with last drama.

2 hours ago, lol23 said:

I am not sure but why LDW in Bubblegum is more natural than in TYH? the boyfriend acting? or is it just his acting method "Serious Lawyer"

Did we watch the same series? I LOVED LDW's acting in Touch Your Heart. It felt very natural and honest to me. He was very charming and sweet. He seemed cold mostly in the first episode, but as we saw more layers to him, there was kindness and loveliness to him. In fact, he wasn't cold at all....More like a teddy bear in the later episodes....

5 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

Do you find the picture?

Archived