Quantcast
rachelyun

Lee Yoo Young ♥ Yoon Shi Yoon [Onion couple ♥ Gravity couple]

8 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

new show? Guest?

Yeah comment says 2013.  He's going to be a guest in Pajama friends as a Cinderella Boy.  That episode should be airing soon.  He doesn't get a lot of air time though...and it's just one episode.

He's currently looking to find a new home closer to the city centre in Seoul so that could be keeping him busy right to end of the year.

7 hours ago, rachelyun said:

YSY is guesting in the Gag Concert with Junho :wub:

Looks like they are adapting from the 1n2d episode where Donggu and Junho were selected to climb a mountain to meet the 'natural-man'. Donggu-Junho dynamics is adorable~

• Like 4

Yoon Shi Yoon is in talks for a new SBS drama 우금티 along with actor Jo Jung Suk, they are half brothers, historical drama, they are involved in the "Donghak rebellion".

DslRuGWV4AAaQzN.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002855553

Let's wait for his official confirmation but I don't like the premise really much, it sounds kinda similar to his previous historical drama, which was a terrible and awful imo. Hopefully they cast capable actors this time, unlike that drama.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, rachelyun said:

Yoon Shi Yoon is in talks for a new SBS drama 우금티 along with actor Jo Jung Suk, they are half brothers, historical drama, they are involved in the "Donghak rebellion".

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002855553

Let's wait for his official confirmation but I don't like the premise really much, it sounds kinda similar to his previous historical drama, which was a terrible and awful imo. Hopefully they cast capable actors this time, unlike that drama.

Hopefully a decent actress is being casted for the historical drama this time round! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, icemaid said:

Hopefully a decent actress is being casted for the historical drama this time round! :sweatingbullets:

Sometimes I don't understand... Does he have some predilection for historical drama? Historical dramas tend not to outperform in terms of ratings, take hwarang for example, stacked with idols and fairly decent cast (park seo joon), ratings in the toilet... Which is probably why A-listers rarely take sageuks in drama form... 

I was hoping that his next drama projects are with TVN or JTBC, both channels have been churning out fairly interesting stuff lately, with actors/actresses hitting the jackpot. I thought that Your Honor would have opened up more modern-based dramas for him to pick and choose, sighs....

Besides, sageuks usually involve very intense crying/wailing, as he shared on 1 night 2 days during their short trip to Sapsido, when he was filming that drama. I mean that its great to challenge acting skills, but it does wear down the actor emotionally when he gets immersed....

P.s. funny how we are in perfect understanding when 'that drama' is mentioned. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yoondonggu said:

Sometimes I don't understand... Does he have some predilection for historical drama? Historical dramas tend not to outperform in terms of ratings, take hwarang for example, stacked with idols and fairly decent cast (park seo joon), ratings in the toilet... Which is probably why A-listers rarely take sageuks in drama form... 

I was hoping that his next drama projects are with TVN or JTBC, both channels have been churning our fairly interesting stuff lately, with actors/actresses hitting the jackpot. I thought that Your Honor would have opened up more modern-based dramas for him to pick and choose, sighs....

Besides, sageuks usually involve very intense crying/wailing, as he shared on 1 night 2 days during their short trip to Sapsido, when he was filming that drama. I mean that its great to challenge acting skills, but it does wear down the actor emotionally when he gets immersed....

P.s. funny how we are in perfect understanding when 'that drama' is mentioned. 

I guess directors like to see him in sageuk. 

Me too not really a fan of sageuk but I guess better than no casting news for YSY.

Let's wait for casting news of the female lead(s) and other supporting actors.

LOL we are in syn when its comes to "that drama"! :P:lol:

• LOL 4

It's 1894 time frame so kinda into that fusion era with some Westernisation coming in (ala Mr Sunshine)... This one probably attracted him coz it sounds quite weighty (with an important historical bent to it).  Hopefully with another male writer/male PD combo it will mean less fluff - I liked the weightiness of the DJ formula provided by the the male writer/male PD combo.. soompi article below with English translations... I hope it's a bromance  and not so much Cain-Abel type bitter feuding... They play half brothers.... Same father, different mothers.    Scheduled for Spring release so maybe March 2019?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1267499wpp/jo-jung-suk-yoon-shi-yoon-considering-offers-new-sbs-drama

@yoondonggu

Sometimes I don't understand... Does he have some predilection for historical drama? Historical dramas tend not to outperform in terms of ratings, take hwarang for example, stacked with idols and fairly decent cast (park seo joon), ratings in the toilet... Which is probably why A-listers rarely take sageuks in drama form... 

100 Day My Prince smashed that Sageuk jinx.  So if you get the formula right, it can hit the jackpot too.  But I agree, TVN and JTBC and even OCN have had good hits of late.  It would be nice if this one did the same for him too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

Shoo shoo... need to shoo some flies.. as prevention..

Image result for gifs of fly swatters

• LOL 4

Hi! Unlurking here!

IMO, YSY tends to pick dramas with underlying social relevance, and I think that’s beautiful. Me too, flower was one of the early ones that tackle mental health, fbnd was great with that and personality devt as well; The Best Hit was striking chords on the pressures the youth have been experiencing (much like his Ehwa speech). With this new sageuk drama related to class struggles and uprising, I guess he would be interested. 

DJ is top notch that’s hard to upstage, it had great writing, great acting, and the slow burn between YSY and LYY was perfect. The ending even was devoid of unnecessary fluff that I enjoyed too. 

I wish, if and when he picks this drama with Jo Jung Suk, the writing would be at par with DJ. JJS is a good actor, non romantic drama is fine with me *not over LYY yet ahem* I’m just trusting YSY’s instincts in picking a drama, but please the writers better be working hard too!

And yes, YSY excels in the crying dept, esp when he’s trying not to cry! I want want want him in a makjang even though that’d mean we’d all be dehydrated from crying each time he cries. 

Oh PS, I honestly want him to be cast as a villain, though. Or an anti-hero. More Kang Ho. I don’t want him typecasted as the goody. I hope this probable next role would not be so 2 dimensional.

Edited by sakuyahime
PS
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sakuyahime said:

Oh PS, I honestly want him to be cast as a villain, though. Or an anti-hero. More Kang Ho. I don’t want him typecasted as the goody. I hope this probable next role would not be so 2 dimensional.

Welcome!  Synopsis of the drama does typecast him as goody-two-shoes though (legitimate son) and JJS seems to be more the rough and tumble outcaste of the family.  Story seems to be one where the rebellion/circumstances force the brothers into having to relate to each other (could be wrong but details are a bit sketchy right now)...which is why I am hoping it will be a bromance and not so much a sibling rivalry thing - and if it is a sibling rivalry, then please not over a love interest...I would really prefer a rivalry that is above that.  I get bitterness over circumstances and social archetypes but in a rebellion where stakes are high, petty squabbles over a woman just won't cut it?  That's where the previous Sageuk drama he was in failed big time for me... When the stakes are raised and the greater good of the people is involved, the "me" factor should just be relegated till after the big battles are done and dusted.  That's honour.  I am more inclined to believe that a male writer will get that more so than a female one so hopefully this will be dealt with the same way - as the male writer did in YH/DJ.

As for villain...I have hopes of him being that as well...but even with KH, he was still an "angle" (incapable of being really serial-killer bad :lol:).  I am not sure the Korean audience or even the general audience can accept him being a baddie...they had a hard time getting their minds wrapped around KH... So going completely bad will probably not do him any favors.  He needs to play to his strengths.  Some actors are just born to play good guys or somewhat wayward but good hearted guys and I think YSY is one of those.  Just like some just have that malevelonce and face to play baddies all the time (think Heo SeongTae - the guy who played the bad Prosecutor in YH/DJ - I can't picture him as a good guy).  Yes it will pigeon-hole him and limit his choices but in the long run that's just who he is.  Then you have really chameleon type actors like Do KyungSoo who can and isn't afraid to morph into either.  It depends on whether the actor is capable of turning those dark thoughts off once the PD yells 'cut'.  Most people I know (me included) will not want to explore the darker side of our characters, not for any period of time anyway, for fear that we will choose to overstay because we have immersed ourselves so long into that darkness that it becomes one with us.  You can't be fearful of that side of you when you play a dark character, otherwise you will come across as unconvincing.  YSY by nature seems to avoid that altogether - that's part of his charm.  He may prove me wrong but thus far he seems to be aware of where his limitations are and his drama character choices reflect that.

• Like 2

Looks like he's in heaven - coffee lovers unite!!  Barista Yoon. :D Filming for 2D1N 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Looks like the news has spread.  It's a long drama - touted to be 24 episodes.  Filming period (call out to film and production staff recruitment - Nov 2018-Aug 2019) is just as long.  I don't think either actors have anything else in the pipeline (nothing revealed anyway) and with the stellar PD/Writer combination (people in the know seem to be excited anyway - I haven't watched any of their works before so I can't vouch for them), both are likely to sign up.  If it's a Spring release then possibly it will hit our screens Mar-April 2019.

jojungseok-yoonshiyoon-ugeumchi.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/jo-jung-seok-yoon-shi-yoon-offered-brother-roles-in-sbs-sageuk/

• Like 2

Potentially we can view this (Pajama Friends) on VLive.  Dec 1 10:30pm KST - the ladies look VERY pleased :lol:

• Like 3