[Thai BL Series 2018-2020] My Engineer มีช็อป มีเกียร์ มีเมียรึยังวะ

WeLoveSoompi

2 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

I just discover that My engineer (tv serie) is the mixing of two novels, written by same author! Someone can confirm this point? TIA!

Here what I found in the first page of this topic

On 9/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, WeLoveSoompi said:

The TV series is a combination of two well-known novels, "My Engineer Has a Gearbox," and "Space Between Us," written by the owner of the pen name. "Mom, Mom,

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 4/22/2020 at 8:11 AM, gogole mongol said:

This ep (8) have some weak points, as the boxing sequence for best exemple! So if you want a good advice, be aware of your friends!

All the Series is weak in every step, acting, story, Drama, productions, script, characters, time, is awful everything, only the actors and actresses' estetic can be saved here.

5 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

I'm not far to totally agree with your thoughts! :blink:

Do you gonna save only one?, I think the stetic is saved 'cause each actor fits well with the description of his character, but the rest is not convence, the direction is some kind as low cost movie too.

I think that if the direction were more elaborated in each episode at least part of the story would be saved, when I watch the series I feel that something was missing in each scene, like they only did two or three takes and went on to the next scene. And so they did the whole series.

The actors also with few scenes cannot demonstrate their potential as actors or the development as characters, if they are going to be 14 episodes, they are not far from the 16 episodes they do in the Korean series, for example. And in the Korean series they take time to develop the romance that is guessed or suggested for each character. That we at least found out in the sixth or seventh episode, when they are already in the middle of the series. and in the Chinese series they take their time, sometimes unnecessary, in developing the romance of the characters, as in "Ploy" for example, in 30 episodes it took them to develop a romance.

next episode here we goooooo 

Yes this series is far from perfect but it was a nice surprise for me.

I had to be honest I didn't expect to enjoy this series when I saw the trailer and after ep.1, I thought I'd give up.

Furthermore with my second CP ship syndrome, I was more than happy #KingRam even if like always all 2nd CP, their presence are too short.

Ep. 8 was more than laborious (I was disappointed) but this one is worse. I will keep only 3 scenes on mind and forget the rest.

I don't like the main CP (their characters' dynamic annoys me) and the story from this week is the worse for me!

Not being able to do/be what you are/want, just because of narrows minds pi*s me off!

Spoiler
On 4/25/2020 at 4:35 AM, clon_105 said:

I think that if the direction were more elaborated in each episode at least part of the story would be saved, when I watch the series I feel that something was missing in each scene, like they only did two or three takes and went on to the next scene. And so they did the whole series.

The actors also with few scenes cannot demonstrate their potential as actors or the development as characters, if they are going to be 14 episodes, they are not far from the 16 episodes they do in the Korean series, for example. And in the Korean series they take time to develop the romance that is guessed or suggested for each character. That we at least found out in the sixth or seventh episode, when they are already in the middle of the series. and in the Chinese series they take their time, sometimes unnecessary, in developing the romance of the characters, as in "Ploy" for example, in 30 episodes it took them to develop a romance.

17 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Yes this series is far from perfect but it was a nice surprise for me.

I had to be honest I didn't expect to enjoy this series when I saw the trailer and after ep.1, I thought I'd give up.

Furthermore with my second CP ship syndrome, I was more than happy #KingRam even if like always all 2nd CP, their presence are too short.

Ep. 8 was more than laborious (I was disappointed) but this one is worse. I will keep only 3 scenes on mind and forget the rest.

I don't like the main CP (their characters' dynamic annoys me) and the story from this week is the worse for me!

Not being able to do/be what you are/want, just because of narrows minds pi*s me off!

Not yet seen last ep, so i can't talk about it, BTW, i join this both opinions. I feel we swim into a low-cost serie, and as clon-105 said, it doesn't allow to highlight the actor's talent! Cooper and Poy have chance to be main role, however, director didn't exploit in the way to give us the best possible acting. This is obvious for each second role! Most of their scenes are in a fun side and this is not to regularly add moment with hysterical screaming girls that will help the final result. I ask myself when novel author and director will stop this boring cliché? Actors and story deserve a better realization!

The more I think about this episode, the less I'm sure about it.

The subject "trope TopBottom and their representation" pi*s me off, and the episode pi*s me off!

I know there is a small point made by Mek but I don't think that's enough!

But still I don't know if episode pi*s me off because it deals with this subject or is it because it was badly done! 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:21 AM, mellialuna said:

The more I think about this episode, the less I'm sure about it.

The subject "trope TopBottom and their representation" pi*s me off, and the episode pi*s me off!

I know there is a small point made by Mek but I don't think that's enough!

But still I don't know if episode pi*s me off because it deals with this subject or is it because it was badly done! 

I think I am in the minority here. Shut up in my house with nothing more than short walks and one trip to the shops each week this is just the sort of light hearted stuff I want. It is obviously not taking itself too seriously and there is a nice lack of angst.

I haven't quite worked out what it is about Cooper but I could watch his face for hours :). At first I thought it was his eyes, then it was his eyebrows. His entire face just gives off mischievous pixie.

As for the top/bottom thing. I think that it is an advance that for once both lead characters think that they are the alpha male, as it were, because that is how they see it : alpha = top. It's not done as big drama, in fact both teams are amused by the situation. Mek is right, there are too many assumptions being made (especially alpha = top). As none of the prospective partners has any experience in the matter none can be certain as to what they will like or not like. That I think is the perspective that comes in real life ; you find out. We are as guilty, the viewers. We assume and sometimes the series panders to that (Who was stunned to discover that Fighter took condoms and Tutor didn't ?).

I think that we will have to wait and see how the story plays out but I am hoping that the pair will stop playing silly people and behave naturally. Duan is an easy going sort of guy but if you think about it, he has stood his ground a number of times so he is not a total push over. Bohn has to control his jealousy but the funny thing is from about episode two, for all his talk, I don't think he is toying with Duan.

Anyway, back to those eyebrows :D

Archived