Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

1 hour ago, jenappelle said:

Sorry I am still pretty busy so hopefully I can reply more later,  but the registration is basically 1)register with daum 2) go to application thread and put ur name, location, age. I rmb there is another requirement but I cant recall what is it.Anyway wait for the mods to approve. If you  are approved there will be a reply. If there is insufficient info they will ask you to furnish.

@phoenix24 @selenette

I'm having trouble finding the application thread.  Where is it located in the bulletin?

29 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I'm having trouble finding the application thread.  Where is it located in the bulletin?

http://m.cafe.daum.net/withTG/dAc?boardType=C

Let me know if you can access it.

Edit: I will try to translate the summary from chinese when I am free today(which will be quite late). There is a bit of supporting comments which are quite heartwarming and constructive so I will include those too. And I missed out some comments and I will try to answer them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Let me know if you can access it.

Edit: I will try to translate the summary from chinese when I am free today(which will be quite late). There is a bit of supporting comments which are quite heartwarming and constructive so I will include those too. And I missed out some comments and I will try to answer them

Thanks you're a life saver.  I apologize for missing it in your previous post.  I think all the searching and translating in the late hours screw me up.

Aww KJH was sick for three days (KHS @ Daum).  I find it common, that a lot of stars in kdrama land feel the pressure and responsibility of being the lead, but due to KJH's caring personality for those around him probably even more so.  However, I think he'll be even more determine for the next project since his motto is I failed and failed, therefore I can succeed.  We just have to keep showing him our support.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Thanks you're a life saver.  I apologize for missing it in your previous post.  I think all the searching and translating in the late hours screw me up.

Aww KJH was sick for three days.  I find it common, that a lot of stars in kdrama land feel the pressure and responsibility of being the lead, but due to KJH's caring personality for those around him probably even more so.  However, I think he'll be even more determine for the next project since his motto is I failed and failed, therefore I can succeed.  We just have to keep showing him our support. 

this is really sad. :( There are so many viewers who love FGTD. I hope KJH gets well soon :(

I am going to miss FGTD very much, but I have to move on. I will miss you all chingus. See you in Kang Ji Hwan thread :)

• Like 7

I have compared both trans and it looks like he feels very down in the original version and I think he is depressed. 

Some heartwarming Comments from cnetz via weibo

Jin:

When I knew you are sick, the first thing in my mind is that whether its serious or not. When I saw you said that your acting is not good, I was thinking of rebutting directly. Up to today, I only saw 3 dramas acted by you. Baek Jin Sang, Hyun Ki Joon,  and Cheon Jae In. These three person independently existed in my mind, despite that they are all acted by you. The way of thinking and decisions by these three characters can be heartfelt by me as a viewer. But it seems like acting skills and comments from the public are much more weighted than comments made by me. So please recognise yourself that you are good. I hope in 2019 you take care of your body and get well-written scripts.

Esther: 

Actually, a lot of your dramas has good ratings. Its not just Geum Soon, but also Gil Dong, Incarnation of Money and Monster has great ratings. Mr Kang Ji Hwan is absolutely capable of increasing the rating of a drama as a male lead. You must remember this (point). Baek Jin Sang is really a great character. Ratings doesn't mean everything. The way the drama could express healing properties and energies to people's heart is not something that mere numbers (ratings) could express. In addition, Baek Jin Hee also won an award, hence the TV station (KBS) does recognise this drama.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

As @jenappelle mentioned I had finished my translation, now waiting for a more Korean-fluent cnetz fans to read it. Kang Ji-hwan really needs more support, guys, he calls himself unskilled/talentless. I know it's supposed to be standard Korean humility but in light of his recent mindset he could do with more encouragement. 

I'm really sorry that it took me ages. I still have to rely on machine and dictionary a lot, because I get the gist of the grammar but I'm still learning the Hangul and the language itself.

Cc: @ashbelle @nohamahamoud2002 @Lawyerh @angiedramadive @phoenix24 and the others (sorry can't remember all of you :bawling:)

Edited by selenette
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Okay here is the translation of Kang Ji-hwan's message to his Daum fancafe. 

@annelee28 @angiedramadive @Lawyerh @phoenix24 @jenappelle   @nohamahamoud2002 @gm4queen

Original link: http://cafe.daum.net/withTG/Kjjr/141

Non FGTD related (1)

Spoiler

"Thank you for your continuous support.

Firstly, I wish you a Really Happy New Year 2019.

After filming the drama, I've been really exhausted both mentally and physically. 

After a small year's end party with friends, I was sick for 3 days.

I had hopes that filming romcom would be more fun than revenge stories, but I was wrong. The energy I spent [in filming it] were two times more [than what I spent in revenge stories]. 

A protagonist such as found in this drama [Baek Jin-sang] is a dream role for actors. On the other hand, the burden [to bring the character to life] is unbearable.

Especially because I strongly believe that the entire responsibility is mine to bear. This job was particularly difficult, and for that I feel so sorry for the staff and the people around me. I couldn't express [the character's] emotions properly at many points. I fell sick. If only I acted a little better. If only there was something that could be done to change the [performance?] quality or fill in the gap in the ambience. 

I was worried [about it] all the time during filming, and I read the scripts again and again...

Three months felt like three years...

Thankfully, the press and the people around me only said good things, so whenever it was difficult for me, I read these biased articles. With my heart out in my hands...I was able to finish it with all my best till the end.  

Non FGTD-related (2)

Spoiler

I still vividly remember the first production [that I was in]. I sweat a lot behind the stage when no one looked at me. Two girls that I didn't know asked to take pictures with me [and they told me that they were my] fans. There were three fans in the beginning. There weren't that many people and I was the seventh. That was the start of my career ㅋㅋ

After that, the two girls who said they were my fans danced and sang loudly so that I could overcome [my nervousness] and sing on the microphone. I was so thankful of the two fans who came to see me more than the other casts with hundreds and dozens of fans. So...[since then it became] one of my present beliefs ("one person who is worth a hundred persons!!"), [and] I've been thinking of [these fans] more than ever. 

There are hundreds and thousands of actors these days, but I am one! Among hundreds! Instead, such strong [support that I got] is the reason of my acting career's existence. I'm not a very expressive person and I don't have any crazily huge impact on this entire thing, but I'll never forget the strength of these "one person who is worth a hundred persons". 

I'll always be here with all of you until the appointed day [where we can meet again]. 

I didn't mean to write such a long letter like this~~Last but not least to our management staffs!!! I thank you on behalf of all of us. Every time you came to our filming site, I couldn't even say hello to you. I just [watched] you go and I've never sincerely thanked you, not even once. Without you guys, I wouldn't even imagine that I could communicate to people from different sections like this. To me, you're the real "one person who is worth a hundred persons"s, and for that I sincerely thank you. 

Even if it's hard for you, or if you want to go to [support] another actor, please continue to take care of my talentless-and-getting older and older self:) 

Whatever happens to my work, the fans who share their opinions and the management staffs are my precious family.

Until I could return with a great drama and a daesang-worthy performance, I wish that you'll all be together with me this year when I return with a cool work.

Non FGTD related (3)

Spoiler

I wish you many good fortune in the New Year, and turning over a new leaf, I will once again [return with] a good work. So, in order for you to be able to [see] me again, please don't hurt each other, get along well, and take care [of yourselves and one another].  ~~♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

P.S. Gosh I wrote this really long. Anyway, that's all, ♡. 

"Just touch the collar and you can join." ㅋㅋ

[That was] a slogan that I made up when I was a rookie actor, in retrospect, [and] this is the end of my long letter."

[...] = my additions, for clarity

Emphasis = mine

Edited by selenette
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, selenette said:

Okay here is the translation of Kang Ji-hwan's message to his Daum fancafe. 

@annelee28 @angiedramadive @Lawyerh @phoenix24 @jenappelle (could you please provide me with the link? Thank you) @nohamahamoud2002 @gm4queen

Thanks for your hard work as always.  Sad that he think it is bias opinion.  http://cafe.daum.net/withTG/Kjjr/141

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Thanks for providing the link. Yes it's really sad. In a way that's the aspect of his character that reminds me of Baek Jin-sang: he's a perfectionist when it comes to work. 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, selenette said:

Thanks for providing the link. Yes it's really sad. In a way that's the aspect of his character that reminds me of Baek Jin-sang: he's a perfectionist when it comes to work. 

I always think that his real life character in some degree, have deep similarity to BJS. Eventhough i think he said not similar... :). In the term of quirkiness / perfectionism. Im not fans of reality show. Perhaps those whose watched can comment more on that.

But i do really hope hes not in sorrow for so long.

Thanks @selenette for your hard work translating. 

• Like 6

I'm going to post my thoughts here, I sincerely hope that he feels better and stronger for the new year. It is entirely not his fault that the drama didn't "perform" to the highest standards. He was a great actor, and I've been recommending this drama to friends who wanted a lively romcom genre/office series. Every friend I've recommended to so far has loved it and said was relaxing to them, especially with the moving plots about a mean boss, revolting workers, and a working mom.

Speaking of Jin-sang's character, it is an easy character to portray either- I think most can agree on that. The character goes from being the one of the harshest persons of the show to one of the nicest and undergoes a series of change that not any actor can show. While watching the show, it also brought me back to the job where I am now and because of the drama and Jin-sang's character change (the motivation of "If he can, then I can too," I aim to become a better person to other employees.

Several scenes that was particularly moving to me would definitely be the hospital scene where Jin-sang cries as he slides onto the ground; right after where the doctors tell him that Roo-da has died. I definitely cried a lot there and couldn't recover (emotionally) for a while. Secondly, it would be Jin-sang visiting Hyejung in the hospital, holding her hands and telling her that if he could have both Hyejung and Roo-da back that it would be wonderful. As Jin-sang cried and the words inside of the diary went away, I really said to myself: "The emotions of the character.... I really feel it and it's because of the successful portrayal of the actor."

With any drama, there's bound to be people who like it and people who don't. I think it's solely vital to understand that without you, there would be no Baek Jin-sang: the character who we followed through his personality journey and altercations to see true changes which reflect our selfish, usual, and humanistic self that can ultimately change for the better.

Just going to tag you here: @selenette - Sorry that I dragged on for a while but please feel free to cut and use as necessary. Much appreciated to you and to others for translating! Hope he feels better after hearing our sincere thoughts. The drama really struck me as gold, and I didn't regret waiting each Wednesday & Thursday.

• Like 7

FGTD is a drama that I will re-watch and remember for a long time,thanks to KJH.He really gave his all in my opinion.Its sad he thinks otherwise.As a viewer I can say he completely immersed himself as BJS and his performance in the drama was so emotionally expressive.When I started FGTD I didn't like BJS at all.His nasal voice was a distraction and also the smug - misogynstic attitude wasn't helping either.Then came the changing process.He convincingly brought out the transformation and the renewed BJS is a gem.From hardcore disliking BJS to cheering for him.His portrayal of BJS looked so realistic.Made me a KJH fan!..Such acting prowess<3.Playing a hyper boss in a time loop where there are repeating shots seems to be an emotional draining procedure.I hope he recovers soon.He seems to be a simple down to earth person in real life.I hope he gets all the appreciation and awards he deserves.Sincere effort will surely be recognised.

Thank you so much for the translation @selenette

And my dear chingus here.I'll miss u all.I know I have been on and off in this thread(my bad) but I have read all your posts.Such wonderful insights!I send my love to each one of you.See you all in an another thread.Bye for now..

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I always think that his real life character in some degree, have deep similarity to BJS. Eventhough i think he said not similar... :). In the term of quirkiness / perfectionism. Im not fans of reality show. Perhaps those whose watched can comment more on that.

But i do really hope hes not in sorrow for so long.

Thanks @selenette for your hard work translating. 

Lol it depend on which reality show.  On Running Man they're nothing like their variety personas.  I think on the ones he appear on it's nothing too over the top so it'll be easier for you to stomache.   I think I mention the quirkiness in the KJH thread.  As for perfectionism, that's probably why he's so hard on himself.  It's a double edge sword.  He notice things around him and work hard to fix it.  He also notice other people's needs.  Even though they joke about it, the shoelace incident is one example in FGTD.  You didn't watch Island Trio, but he brought so much stuff to give, to build.   It just tells me he thinks a lot before, during, and after.

9 hours ago, ashbelle said:

And my dear chingus here.I'll miss u all.I know I have been on and off in this thread(my bad) but I have read all your posts.Such wonderful insights!I send my love to each one of you.See you all in an another thread.Bye for now..

I remember saying something along the same lines and yet here I am.  Can't help it everyone is so adorable.  Thanks for missing us and still reading.

• Like 6

@selenette Thank you dear chingu for your hardwork in translating his message. :) 

*Will update this message later and express my feelings about his message and FGTD as I’m still reading the latest threads.  

Also just wanna say hi and fighting!:wub: Let’s keep supporting him and his future projects! 

• Like 7

@selenette thank you so much for the translations. I am so sad after reading it especially about KJH 's getting older.  This is painful,  I think the same about myself too ( getting older), so I can understand his feelings :tears:

I hope registering in cafe daum was good enough to encourage and support KJH. I already did a bad job about the youtube video which was blocked after spending 15 hours working. I feel so sad and sorry. Hope our chingus register in cafe daum. I posted the method in detail in KJH Thread. Plz   try to register. I am still unwell because of my boss, but I am exerting much effort to cheer KJH up through the cafe daum page.

Spoiler

My health state is quite serious chingus. I need medication. Plz pray for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am still unwell because of my boss, but I am exerting much effort to cheer KJH up through the cafe daum page.

Hide contents

My health state is quite serious chingus. I need medication. Plz pray for me.

That's unfortunate to hear you're not getting better.

But I know you're gonna get over it bc you're a fighter. You fight to protect KJH, as one of the most enthusiastic & stubborn chingu here!

Pray for your health, dear!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, angiedramadive said:

That's unfortunate to hear you're not getting better.

But I know you're gonna get over it bc you're a fighter. You fight to protect KJH, as one of the most enthusiastic & stubborn chingu here!

Pray for your health, dear!

thank you so much chingu. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am still unwell because of my boss, but I am exerting much effort to cheer KJH up through the cafe daum page.

Reveal hidden contents

Stay strong dear.Think this too shall pass(I do it all the time).You'll get over this.Enjoy the brighter things in life(this forum is surely one of them)Remember you are loved and don't let the mean boss to dampen your spirits.I went through a similar situation too.Keep smiling:)You are gonna be okay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh My God, Dear @nohamahamoud2002 :wub: Please don't be sad or worried... Kang Ji Wan will be alright!! But you should make yourself stronger rather than your evil boss... :tears:

There are some people who wants us to be down.... WE SHOULDN'T LET THEM WIN!!!! :love:PLEASE, make your spirit stronger & get well soon!! We are waiting for you!!! :wub: You are the one who did the hardest part for cheer up Kang Ji Wan!! WE WANT BOTH OF YOU BACK STRONGER & HEALTHIER!! :heart:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@angiedramadive @Heidi Seow@annelee28@selenette I will write all these fanfics, but I need your guys to help on the err kinkier ones. Just kick start some ideas here. Or any fanarts etc.

But after our project ends. Especially when the language used in the forum is informal polite apparently and we are really not familiar with the type of lingo used. And some of the context etc I have been, along with another friend, liaising with cnetz whom are much more familiar with those context used, and they also request for some translation bits from me (and friend) which is really really draining. But do provide some ideas on fanfics! Or a short sentence/story will do.

The master list of comments is here. Please @ me if you want to change/add, or another user wants to add his/her comments. I will be compiling/editing it @angiedramadive it before sending to @selenette . It could be from soompi or other source.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1