Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

Not sure if this might be any guideline, but durring conference usually the "end couple" is schowing hearts together. Unfortunaltely BJH and KJH  did not show hearts, but BJH showed them when on stage together  with GM. So probably BJH&GM are end-game pair, or the only pair altmost till the end (Maybe Ruda will end alone).

Still hope for BJH&KJH though.

Edited by erenst
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, angiedramadive said:

Or they just make him more and more husband material each day hahaha

LOL i want him as a husband :lol: is he in the market :lol:

• LOL 5

Ok I just wanted to be fair since everyone said KJ use hate as a strong word.  Our BJS used it too in ep 11 which I was shock even though most likely he was fluster from her finding out that he likes her.  Still he used it and even added really.  This drama is about redemption and reflecting on our action and to be better to those around us.  Lets not be too harsh.  They both had childish moments.  This happen to the best of us especially in kdrama land when they're in love.hate.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Way too many things have change between this  and the webtoon which is great.

@dramaninja Yes. In case you might be interested, in the following link is part 1 of my webtoon vs drama comparison: 

I'm still writing the 2nd and 3rd parts of the comparison (the nature of the time loop and romantic as well as non romantic relationships analysis)

Edited by selenette
Grammatical errors
  • Like 6

Hi new user here, I rarely get so invested in dramas since Nine times travel.

some thoughts on Rooda loosing her memories. This particular writer loves to use foreshadowing. When Rooda talks about being a good person, she made an interesting quote ``even if time loop is gone, it doesnt mean that what has happened vanished. ``I think its a possible foreshadowing for the writer that Rooda may regain her memories should she lost it due to to time loop.

The good person quote has appeared four times during the series. Firstly, Rooda made a quote on a broader context on how one should ``love its neighbour`` quote. Jin Sang has apparently gave a lot of thoughts about it and made his own version of it. The quote context may seems selfish, but if you refer to Confucian ideologies, one of the concepts is that you must start to care about yourself, then your families (and loved/closed ones), before you can rule a country and create world peace.

So for a person who (was) as selfish as BJS, he starts from being a good person to Rooda. In effect, he has also started to really care about his subordinates, including Assistant Manager Choi and Park.

In the third time especially, JS ``good person`` leads to his confession. And this is what leads me to think that the fourth time ie the voice message is Rooda`s change of heart and heartfelt confession to JS.

Another observation about translation differences. I have noticed that in Chinese translation, Rooda quote is ``you are a good person especially for me`` whereas English translation  is`` you are  a good person for me``. I dont really understand Korean but I do noticed that Korean and Mandarin has shared some words, and the word used by Rooda sounds like ~特别(te4bie2)~ which means especially in english. Baek Jin Hee overall intonation in the voice message is calm and even with the same speed with the exception of that word, which she stresses and pauses. Just some food for thought

• Like 7

[Feel Good To Die] Eps 21-24 spoilers, Baek Jin Hee x Kang Ji Hwan

wiczv0t.png
Article: Naver 'Feel Good To Die' Kang Ji Hwan's straightforward confession to Baek Jin Hee, "I like you"  

1. [+165,-10] Kang Ji Hwan-
ssi matches characters like these well. His acting is good. 

2. [+63,-3] It's fun~ ❤❤❤

3. [+70,-12] It's so interesting. Kang Ji Hwan is a charismatic man. His acting skills made me want to watch it again and again. Fighting. 

4. [+73,-36] Ah, what about our Director Kang? 

5. [+22,-4] I like you too~~ 

6. [+46,-30] It's sad. I hope the two get together. They have already changed the set-up in the original work. 

7. [+16,-0] Kang Ji Hwan's charms are exploding. In the beginning, he's a character that leaves people speechless because he's rude and gets angry at employees at every mistake they make. But he's slowly getting more and more charismatic. As expected of believing in Kang Ji Hwan and watching his dramas. It's so interesting. But is that time loop not happening again? 

8. [+40,-26] Jin Sang and Lee Roo Da, please!! 

9. [+13,-0] It's kind of interesting~ 

Spoiler

F8kHUtK.png

Article: Naver 'Feel Good To Die' Baek Jin Hee saves Kang Ji Hwan and dies instead, 'shocking ending'

1. [+80,-8] Give Kang Ji Hwan that
daesang.

2. [+42,-3] I'm thinking that it's going to be the final time loop~ Lee Roo Da won't die~ It's going to be a happy ending. How do I wait till the next week? 

3. [+33,-1] Why did Lee Roo Da die..? Hyun Jung's dad is too much
.. Why did he kill Lee Roo Da? 

4. [+24,-1 ]Time loop is starting again. 

5. [+15,-0] Because they are happy if they die? 

6. [+13,-1 ]In the webtoon, it was supposed to be a train accident, but it's a rooftop accident in here. The drama is so interesting too. 

7. [+7,-0] The drama is not bad, but the ratings are too low. What a pity~ I'll be looking forward to next week~

8. [+6,-0] In the webtoon, the female lead died too, and both male leads begin their bromance when they try to save the female lead. Someone wrote this in the comments~

9. [+3,-0] Roo Da-ssi~~~~No~~~~~~~~ 

10. [+2,-0] Kang Ji Hwan's acting is really good. 

acting

cr

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think in the webtoon it wasn't as tragic here even when Ruda didn't end up with BJS, because it was expected. Also a webtoon isn't like a drama because the characters are not human beings, I won't feel so sad even if the ending isn't very happy. But in drama the actors are doing a great job, alongside the sad background music and songs. The characters are real. That's why it is easier to cry with them

Yeah... That explains why I cried with Jin-sang, huh... :bawling: I seriously felt my heart with pain for a split second and I don't have a cardiac problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

wowoowwo how can they do this to us...

they didnt even give us a preview of the next episode imma die aksdfaksdaksd

honestly think BJS is going to re activiate the time loop and save roo da but in return he get dangerously hurt...

( very sterotypical drama like) 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, msaamia said:

LOL i want him as a husband :lol: is he in the market :lol:

:D If Ruda doesn't love BJS, there is whole long line of women waiting :D

@erenst   Yes I noticed this too in the press conference, GM and Baek Jin-Hee. But we already expected this from the webtoon. So it's not necessary to follow this method in the drama. It can be just to baffle us.

Ps. How did the police know about the security guard trying to kill BJS on the roof?

Do you think Junhoo called them?

I am not sure if this what Ruda told Junhoo to do when in the last scene she said

"Junhoo I have to tell you something "

the worst part of last episode :( 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@nohamahamoud2002 If  it is Joon-ho who calls the police, especially when he does it of his own accord, it will redeem him in my eyes to some degree. Being considerate and supportive, earlier episodes' Joon-ho won me over for some time before Jin-sang's trajectory becomes more and more engaging.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 If  it is Joon-ho who calls the police, especially when he does it of his own accord, it will redeem him in my eyes to some degree. Being considerate and supportive, earlier episodes' Joon-ho won me over for some time before Jin-sang's trajectory becomes more and more engaging.

you know, when I think of it Junhoo might not be that evil. But still,  he was pestering BJS and telling him to stay away from Ruda in a very exasperating way. I mean he makes him feel guilty all the time, telling him to stop subjecting Ruda to danger (he just wanted BJS to stay away from Ruda) and also he told him that Ruda might leave the company if BJS confesses his love to her. I didn't like his method.

• Like 3

Hyungjung's dad thought ""i will be happy if he died". Since the begginning we are seeing different perspectives of people that we wished they were dead. good name choice webtoon. Salute to you..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

BJS will be my favourite character in dramaland until anyone new come & beat him. 

Spoiler

Previously hold by CEO (master sun) & CEO android (AYHT). :lol:

He has a lot of loyalty and integrity, smart & hardworking, honest to boot and yet still a very much interesting & fun character with borderline lunatic tendency. And hes not in the chaebol line, which make him more realistic to most of us here. 

I found his love towards RD is very deep & sincere (seldom i saw this depth in nowadays dramaland). He started the love with a big misunderstanding, that become crush (in his own part), but the love has grown to become mature & selfless love.

He mentioned he cant explained when, where he start to feels the love. I think because he spend a lot of time together with her, since they both have a lot of anomisity to each other until she support him a lot and he also lean towards her and decided to change for her.

Thats why i really appreciate the romantic love in this drama, that is not just a sudden pop up from nowhere. And makes me love his character even more. 

• Like 9

Possible spoiler for new episode

Spoiler

Looks like its at least time loop back to EP1 but whats with the kids?

Anyone can translate?

Edited by jenappelle
spoilers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

BJS will be my favourite character in dramaland until anyone new come & beat him. 

Reveal hidden contents

Previously hold by CEO (master sun) & CEO android (AYHT). :lol:

He has a lot of loyalty and integrity, smart & hardworking, honest to boot and yet still a very much interesting & fun character with borderline lunatic tendency. And hes not in the chaebol line, which make him more realistic to most of us here. 

I found his love towards RD is very deep & sincere (seldom i saw this depth in nowadays dramaland). He started the love with a big misunderstanding, that become crush (in his own part), but the love has grown to become mature & selfless love.

He mentioned he cant explained when, where he start to feels the love. I think because he spend a lot of time together with her, since they both have a lot of anomisity to each other until she support him a lot and he also lean towards her and decided to change for her.

Thats why i really appreciate the romantic love in this drama, that is not just a sudden pop up from nowhere. And makes me love his character even more. 

I really like the romance aspect here. There is a very solid built up as opposed of "because the script says so". You could totally gets it why he falls in love (as Ruda reallly take care of him when no one will). When he first mistaken that Ruda has a crush,he carries all the aspect of selfishness, little by little his selfishness and arrogance wears off. I also really like the aspect that he lives within a means of a chief instead of a mansion. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Since @jenappelle has posted a possible spoiler for the next episodes, which goes back to Episode 1, I've posted the next part of my "webtoon vs drama" comparison. 

The first part, where I talked in detail about characterization differences, is here: 

TIME LOOP:

THE WEBTOON VS THE DRAMA

(COMPARISON PART 2)

The origin of the time loop

Spoiler
  • The webtoon: Hyun-jung writes a novel based on her grudge against Mr Baek (the title has the word "die" in it)

• The drama: Kim Hyun-jung writes her diary inside her burning room, hating Baek Jin-sang ("I can't live in a world with him in it"). 

The start of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: company get-together

• The drama: company get-together, after a messy tasting event

Rules of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: changes often, even more so when the loop is abused (spoken death curse--> spoken and written death curse --> spoken, written and thought death curse)
  • The drama: stays relatively the same (spoken or thought death curse)

Stopping the first time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: Preventing Mr Baek from saying anything
  • The drama: Reprimanding Baek Jin-sang in front other employees (grabbing his collar)

Mr Baek's/Baek Jin-sang's causes of death

Spoiler

• The webtoon:
  1. spoken death curses,
  2. thought death curses,
  3. freak accidents (truck, motorbike, bottomless manhole, hitting a utility pole)
  4. electrocution,
  5. random death curse on the internet,
  6. laptop explosion,
  7. bee sting
  8. food poisoning,
  9. tiger attack
  10. pounded by a fallen bookshelf,
  11. Roo-da's game of movie titles with the word "die" or "death" (e.g. Death Becomes Her)
  12. a playlist of songs that has the word "die" or "death" in the titles (e.g. Only The Good Die Young)
  13. reading the words in Hyun-jung's novel
  14. a song in his handphone

• The drama:
  1. spoken curses,
  2. freak accidents (truck, motorbike, bottomless manhole),
  3. falling through from a cracked rooftop,
  4. acute alcohol poisoning,
  5. asphyxiation
  6. sudden death (cardiac arrest?)
  7. electrocution,
  8. pounded by a falling clock,
  9. photocopier explosion,
  10. lightning strike
  11. being punched,
  12. strangulation
  13. several unknown causes (Roo-da didn't witness these)

How Lee Roo-da copes with the time loop for the first time

Spoiler

• The webtoon: convinces herself that she is crazy, is frustrated, threatens the chief with violence, attempts to get herself checked at a mental health facility

• The drama:  apathy, obsession to end the loop, meditation, prayers, and once threatens the chief with violence

How Mr Baek/Baek Jin-sang realizes that there is a time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: it starts with dreams of dying, then dreams of an entire day, then full memory of previous time streams

• The drama: It starts with deja vu, then Roo-da proves it to him by cursing him, then he wakes up to a previous day

Has the time loop ever stopped?

Spoiler

• The webtoon: No, only manageable.

• The drama:  Yes, some time after Baek Jin-sang abuses it to ruin Lee Roo-da's dates with Kang Joon-ho, and then it's reactivated after Lee Roo-da's death. 

Characters who know about the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: Mr Baek and Lee Roo-da, later Hyun-jung, and to some extent Kang (proposed as a fiction)

• The drama: Mr Baek, Lee Roo-da, Kang Joon-ho

The time loop reversal point

Spoiler

• The webtoon: at first to the same day, then to a day before, then further and further back

• The drama: always to the same day (?)

Dire events in a time stream

Spoiler

• The webtoon:
  1. The relationship between Kang Mi-ro and Lee Roo-da is hindered several times
  2. Kang Mi-ro's death
  3. Lee Roo-da's death
  4. Mr Baek's near death experience
  5. Lee Roo-da's gradual memory loss

• The drama: 
  1. The relationship between Lee Roo-da and Kang Joon-ho is hindered several times
  2.  A contract worker is unfairly dismissed
  3. Baek Jin-sang is demoted, then nearly unfairly dismissed
  4. Baek Jin-sang is nearly killed
  5. Lee Roo-da's death

How Certain Deaths Happen (Not Mr Baek's)

Spoiler

• The webtoon

Lee Roo-da is hit by an oncoming train

Kang Mi-ro is hit by an oncoming train (in a different time stream)

• The drama

Lee Roo-da falls from a skyscraper's rooftop

Eventual state of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: It ends with Lee Roo-da's complete memory loss regarding the previous time streams

• The drama: Still unknown

Edited by selenette
Formatting and extra info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

I was talking to another cnetz fan and she said there is apparently a photo of a kid which resembles BJS with specs some time ago and she couldnt find it. Anyone has a photo of it?

• Like 3