[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nohamahamoud2002

chingus, another difference between the webtoon and the drama is that Kang doesn't die. This has a very significant meaning in my opinion, that Ruda was saving BJS. 

I felt that you have a very good point, I think we need to take a lot of care and attention on how the writer uses plot points from the webtoon and whether its just bad writing or writer`s intent (and whether its executed well  is another point)

For the fun fair scene

Webtoon: BJS was the one who `dates` Rooda and with Rooda request, time loops the day again and Rooda has a heart talk to talk with Kang about marriage and kids. BJS intended to give her flowers that day and that`s where BJS found out they are dating seriously.

Drama: The fun fair scene changes to first date.  Thats where BJS found out they are dating and All Rooda`s intended intimacy with Kang is ruined by BJS. This memory does not exist for Kang in the end and hence the intimacy among them seems forced vs webtoon

For Rooda death scene

Webtoon: Its BJS fault and selfishness that Rooda died. Kang is a hero in the original train scene and Rooda died in accident trying to reenact the scene to save Kang.

Drama: Its Kang`s fault and selfishness (and jealousy) that leads to Rooda death. Rooda tried to save Kang and died in accident.

There is a distinction to be made between both. Rooda tries hard to have a stable relationship with Kang, but Kang`s refusal to believe her has been called out by BJS. Kang`s refusal to disclose about the security guard has certainly caused a bad reaction (we dont know what to be exact but she clearly doesnt like it) to her. Why the director has purposefully cut it out? to create suspense.

I certainly think Kang`s character is not fleshed out that properly, but we need to judge whether its a writer`s intent or a writer`s flaw when it comes to end game. We can argue that Gong Myung and BJH does not have any chemistry. So I think its a writer`s intent, by the fact that this has been called out by Kang himself by insisting that Rooda cares more about BJS. We have seen it repeatedly. Rooda forgets to tell Kang that she is checking on BJS. Her sister has teased her that she hardly know anything about romance.

And I felt that they played us with our expectation with the webtoon. When the first time I saw the spoiler with the bouquet I panicked. I felt that its Kang/Rooda and I was more invested in BJS that in webtoon. But it turnaround with Rooda so worried about BJS and hug him. So I felt that the writer kept the form of the plot but not the substance.

15 minutes ago, selenette said:

@Lawyerh The power of desperation is real. :joy:

But seriously, how far into the past will Jin-sang go? 

No worries, about that crazy day, I saw korean and  cnetz discussed about the ep until 3am ish. So its universal:wink:

I will keep an eye on dc, news and instagram  and cnetz kjh website (they translate stuff really fast) muahaha

Spoiler

I have read about your comparison on Hyun Joong on webtoon vs Drama. I just found it interesting that the sis is in the writer role instead of Hyun Joong (of  what we have find so far)

@jenappelle I don't think you should hide the instagram link in a spoiler box, since the picture you showed is the exterior of MW Foods' office. So it could've been any scene that they filmed at night. 

@nohamahamoud2002 Thank you for sharing that. I hope OST Part 6 (aka that sad, sad song that begs Roo-da to return) will be released soon. 

Reasons for believing there is hope for our OTP

The interaction between BJS and Ruda is much stronger. They have so many scenes together.

1- Ruda visits BJS' house often: first when she asked him about the company's reasons for deceiving the employees and laying the blame on contract workers. Second when she talked to him about the time loop and he told her about Yu Sibaek's intention of closing down the franchises of lowest sales. Third when she was drunk and slept there in the funny scene where he left her sleeping on the floor. Fourth, when the Gariboon franchise employees went to party. Fifth when she was discussing the suspect of wishing BJS to die.

2- Ruda hugs him three times: first when he first learnt about the time loop on the company's roof. Second when he hugs her in the Gariboon restaurant. Third when she hugs him after the car accident when the security guard was intimidating him.

3- BJS was successfully able to hinder the romance between Kang and Ruda (in the entertainment park scene).

4- Kang is selfish, unlike the webtoon. BJS in the drama is selfless and ready to sacrifice his job to save Ruda from being dismissed by the company (when he appeared on TV and played the recording of the contract workers interview). He even stays away from her when Kang told him she is in danger by being with him. This means he learnt how to love others and care about them.

So I don't think he needs to change more than this. He already learnt his lesson. He is closer to his team members: by turning the contract workers to permanent ones. In the scene with Mrs Choi in the hospital scene, they are on very good terms already. Mr. Park is so grateful to him after he took over his post as team manager once more and also because he helped the contract worker (I don't remember her name). He even regrets what he did to Hyun Jung which means he knows now about all his past mistakes. There is nothing left now except saving Ruda and making amends with the security guard, which I think is related to the children's scene posted by @jenappelle (maybe BJS is trying to dig deep in Hyun-jung's past to know the reason for her lack of self-confidence that lead to her "potential suicide attempt" in the fire).

What I mean to say is that BJS is not the only reason for Hyun-jung's depression. She already has a problem. She seems withdrawn and antisocial as we see the group picture with the team members. This behaviour is related to her personality. I mean nobody just lose the hope to go on living because just he/she is told "it is better for the world to die". This has something to do with a certain complication in the character, where that person is an introvert and having issues since childhood. 

A fluent Korean speaker in my Twitter tlist (@thetalkingcupboard on Twitter) said that during this voice message scene 

voice-message-scene.jpg

when Roo-da told Jin-sang

팀장님 좋은분이예요 .특히 ...저 한테는요.

"You are a good person, Team Jang-nim. Especially... to me" 

the words had a deep meaning because of the word 특히 (teughi), and the emphasis that Roo-da put on that word.

Here are my friend's two cents on the sentence: 

1. This is what Roo-da means: "Despite nobody else not really knowing that you're a good person in your own way , I know that you are. And that is special to me".  

2. Roo-da is special to him  probably because she was the one who decided to change him and didn't give up on him.  

3. There are many things that Jin-sang doesn't know and it frustrated Roo-da (and him too) at times, but he is special to her because of his willingness to learn and to open up. 

P.S. 

In Korean grammar context: 

1. "Out of every good (and bad) person that I had ever met, this one is the special one to me". 

2. "This man is a good person, but especially to me, he is a really good person."

It emphasizes personal preference (and claim). 

Also, I failed to gif the scene, but I love that Kang Ji-hwan had Jin-sang take a deep breath as Roo-da said "especially": Jin-sang was so moved. *slow clap*

I have an optimistic theory, Ruda loses her memory, but then we have the time loop going far back, she starts working in the company, and now we have the changed version of BSJ, she falls in love with him, hopefully without Kang's appearance. But still I hope Ruda remember some of her memories with BJS, they really had wonderful moments together. 

you know, what really annoys me is the chemistry between Ruda and BJS. Why did the writer use it if they are not the endgame?? or are they the endgame after all?? I mean some dramas, we know from the start that the actor/actress is in love with someone, and there is a third person in the triangle who has one-sided love towards the main lead. But not necessarily. A good comparison again

Spoiler

In "Who are you: school 2015" there was good chemistry between Sungjae and the main actress, but she left him at the end :bawling:

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Yes the chemistry is definetly quite confusing. Not sure bcos KJH is more veteran than GM therefore more skilfull in make the romance more alive. Or its purposely drawn that way to make audience rooting more for RD-BJS.

Its the first drama that i really worry and care about the ending. I pretty often stop ped watching middle way bcos kind of already predict the ending. But really not the case with this one. I plan to binge rewatching this if BJS RD sail safely harbor. Or if she didnt end with anyone i also might still rewatch it. Haha...

well, in Lovely Horribly too, the end was quite unpredictable, it really caused me a severe headache having to wait from week to week for the ending.  @Lawyerh asked me what I meant,  so I am clarifying that we didn't know who was going to die (of the triangle) 

I think if the writer uses the memory loss in favour of BJS, I would be quite satisfied. Because no one knows for sure how it will be. Already the drama is a bit different from the webtoon. So we still have hope.

chingus look how many like the show 99 % on google

Capture.jpg

@Lawyerh My friend said that the wording of that sentence has a completely different meaning from "at least I alone know that you're good".

It's difficult to explain this in English, in fact I can do it better in my first language, but I'll try. 

Perhaps the best way to explain "especially" in Korean grammar context is "in a special way to me." As in

1. "Out of every good (and bad) person that I had ever met, this one is the special one to me". 

2. "This man is a good person, but especially to me, he is a really good person."

It emphasizes personal preference (and claim). 

21 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

We should throw a party then Chingu...isnt it? Hahaha

I don't know about that to be honest. Hopefully yes. :lol:

I read Korean grammar blogs for minutes to explain it. :sweatingbullets:

Now it's clearer to me why Jin-sang gasped when he heard it and why he grieves like that (I mean yes Roo-da's death is sad to begin with, but with an understanding of the grammar it hurts even more deeply). 

8 hours ago, selenette said:

A fluent Korean speaker in my Twitter tlist (@thetalkingcupboard on Twitter) said that during this voice message scene 

when Roo-da told Jin-sang

팀장님 좋은분이예요 .특히 ...저 한테는요.

"You are a good person, Team Jang-nim. Especially... to me" 

the words had a deep meaning because of the word 특히 (teughi), and the emphasis that Roo-da put on that word.

Here are my friend's two cents on the sentence: 

1. This is what Roo-da means: "Despite nobody else not really knowing that you're a good person in your own way , I know that you are. And that is special to me".  

2. Roo-da is special to him  probably because she was the one who decided to change him and didn't give up on him.  

3. There are many things that Jin-sang doesn't know and it frustrated Roo-da (and him too) at times, but he is special to her because of his willingness to learn and to open up. 

Also, I failed to gif the scene, but I love that Kang Ji-hwan had Jin-sang take a deep breath as Roo-da said "especially": Jin-sang was so moved. *slow clap*

I didn't want to come rolling back in here to this forum crying again (I was looking for some good news about the ship and new episode previews, theories) but thank you, I am crying again.

42 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Why dont she just use plain & simple i love you too back. Instead using especially and make us digging grammar & dictionary. Lol. My dictionary said got 2 meaning. And i especially like the 2nd meaning hahaha. So i pointed big & red for you all.

Hahaha!! We will relief if she use simple words @Lawyerh:joy: Calm calm.. Is Monday already that mean preview will be out on tomorrow. Hopefully there is new still cuts come out soon. 

I remember that somebody in this thread asked why Roo-da had to be placed in ambulance. It's due to standard ISO procedure for patients who need surgery. No matter how near the location is, even in the same building complex, the patient has to be placed in an ambulance to get through to the emergency services. 

Source: personal experience, info from a medic back then

P.S. @xprosperity I apologize for making you cry with "especially"

51 minutes ago, selenette said:

P.S. @xprosperity I apologize for making you cry with "especially"

It's okay. I'm ready to have my heart broken on Wednesday when I watch the new episodes, really. I'm just mentally prepping myself now. It is no wonder that Jin-sang would have such a huge reaction (I mean, aside from the facts that he liked Roo-da, she basically changed him for the better...etc). I desperately hope that this JS x RD ship will sail... :star:

Archived