[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, msaamia said:

LOL i want him as a husband :lol: is he in the market :lol:

:D If Ruda doesn't love BJS, there is whole long line of women waiting :D

@erenst   Yes I noticed this too in the press conference, GM and Baek Jin-Hee. But we already expected this from the webtoon. So it's not necessary to follow this method in the drama. It can be just to baffle us.

Ps. How did the police know about the security guard trying to kill BJS on the roof?

Do you think Junhoo called them?

I am not sure if this what Ruda told Junhoo to do when in the last scene she said

"Junhoo I have to tell you something "

the worst part of last episode :( 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 If  it is Joon-ho who calls the police, especially when he does it of his own accord, it will redeem him in my eyes to some degree. Being considerate and supportive, earlier episodes' Joon-ho won me over for some time before Jin-sang's trajectory becomes more and more engaging.

you know, when I think of it Junhoo might not be that evil. But still,  he was pestering BJS and telling him to stay away from Ruda in a very exasperating way. I mean he makes him feel guilty all the time, telling him to stop subjecting Ruda to danger (he just wanted BJS to stay away from Ruda) and also he told him that Ruda might leave the company if BJS confesses his love to her. I didn't like his method.

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

BJS will be my favourite character in dramaland until anyone new come & beat him. 

Reveal hidden contents

Previously hold by CEO (master sun) & CEO android (AYHT). :lol:

He has a lot of loyalty and integrity, smart & hardworking, honest to boot and yet still a very much interesting & fun character with borderline lunatic tendency. And hes not in the chaebol line, which make him more realistic to most of us here. 

I found his love towards RD is very deep & sincere (seldom i saw this depth in nowadays dramaland). He started the love with a big misunderstanding, that become crush (in his own part), but the love has grown to become mature & selfless love.

He mentioned he cant explained when, where he start to feels the love. I think because he spend a lot of time together with her, since they both have a lot of anomisity to each other until she support him a lot and he also lean towards her and decided to change for her.

Thats why i really appreciate the romantic love in this drama, that is not just a sudden pop up from nowhere. And makes me love his character even more. 

I really like the romance aspect here. There is a very solid built up as opposed of "because the script says so". You could totally gets it why he falls in love (as Ruda reallly take care of him when no one will). When he first mistaken that Ruda has a crush,he carries all the aspect of selfishness, little by little his selfishness and arrogance wears off. I also really like the aspect that he lives within a means of a chief instead of a mansion. 

Since @jenappelle has posted a possible spoiler for the next episodes, which goes back to Episode 1, I've posted the next part of my "webtoon vs drama" comparison. 

The first part, where I talked in detail about characterization differences, is here: 

TIME LOOP:

THE WEBTOON VS THE DRAMA

(COMPARISON PART 2)

The origin of the time loop

Spoiler
  • The webtoon: Hyun-jung writes a novel based on her grudge against Mr Baek (the title has the word "die" in it)

• The drama: Kim Hyun-jung writes her diary inside her burning room, hating Baek Jin-sang ("I can't live in a world with him in it"). 

The start of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: company get-together

• The drama: company get-together, after a messy tasting event

Rules of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: changes often, even more so when the loop is abused (spoken death curse--> spoken and written death curse --> spoken, written and thought death curse)
  • The drama: stays relatively the same (spoken or thought death curse)

Stopping the first time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: Preventing Mr Baek from saying anything
  • The drama: Reprimanding Baek Jin-sang in front other employees (grabbing his collar)

Mr Baek's/Baek Jin-sang's causes of death

Spoiler

• The webtoon:
  1. spoken death curses,
  2. thought death curses,
  3. freak accidents (truck, motorbike, bottomless manhole, hitting a utility pole)
  4. electrocution,
  5. random death curse on the internet,
  6. laptop explosion,
  7. bee sting
  8. food poisoning,
  9. tiger attack
  10. pounded by a fallen bookshelf,
  11. Roo-da's game of movie titles with the word "die" or "death" (e.g. Death Becomes Her)
  12. a playlist of songs that has the word "die" or "death" in the titles (e.g. Only The Good Die Young)
  13. reading the words in Hyun-jung's novel
  14. a song in his handphone

• The drama:
  1. spoken curses,
  2. freak accidents (truck, motorbike, bottomless manhole),
  3. falling through from a cracked rooftop,
  4. acute alcohol poisoning,
  5. asphyxiation
  6. sudden death (cardiac arrest?)
  7. electrocution,
  8. pounded by a falling clock,
  9. photocopier explosion,
  10. lightning strike
  11. being punched,
  12. strangulation
  13. several unknown causes (Roo-da didn't witness these)

How Lee Roo-da copes with the time loop for the first time

Spoiler

• The webtoon: convinces herself that she is crazy, is frustrated, threatens the chief with violence, attempts to get herself checked at a mental health facility

• The drama:  apathy, obsession to end the loop, meditation, prayers, and once threatens the chief with violence

How Mr Baek/Baek Jin-sang realizes that there is a time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: it starts with dreams of dying, then dreams of an entire day, then full memory of previous time streams

• The drama: It starts with deja vu, then Roo-da proves it to him by cursing him, then he wakes up to a previous day

Has the time loop ever stopped?

Spoiler

• The webtoon: No, only manageable.

• The drama:  Yes, some time after Baek Jin-sang abuses it to ruin Lee Roo-da's dates with Kang Joon-ho, and then it's reactivated after Lee Roo-da's death. 

Characters who know about the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: Mr Baek and Lee Roo-da, later Hyun-jung, and to some extent Kang (proposed as a fiction)

• The drama: Mr Baek, Lee Roo-da, Kang Joon-ho

The time loop reversal point

Spoiler

• The webtoon: at first to the same day, then to a day before, then further and further back

• The drama: always to the same day (?)

Dire events in a time stream

Spoiler

• The webtoon:
  1. The relationship between Kang Mi-ro and Lee Roo-da is hindered several times
  2. Kang Mi-ro's death
  3. Lee Roo-da's death
  4. Mr Baek's near death experience
  5. Lee Roo-da's gradual memory loss

• The drama: 
  1. The relationship between Lee Roo-da and Kang Joon-ho is hindered several times
  2.  A contract worker is unfairly dismissed
  3. Baek Jin-sang is demoted, then nearly unfairly dismissed
  4. Baek Jin-sang is nearly killed
  5. Lee Roo-da's death

How Certain Deaths Happen (Not Mr Baek's)

Spoiler

• The webtoon

Lee Roo-da is hit by an oncoming train

Kang Mi-ro is hit by an oncoming train (in a different time stream)

• The drama

Lee Roo-da falls from a skyscraper's rooftop

Eventual state of the time loop

Spoiler

• The webtoon: It ends with Lee Roo-da's complete memory loss regarding the previous time streams

• The drama: Still unknown

22 minutes ago, jenappelle said:
  Hide contents

I was talking to another cnetz fan and she said there is apparently a photo of a kid which resembles BJS with specs some time ago and she couldnt find it. Anyone has a photo of it?

What the what what. I'm speechless. 

P.S.

Are they going to

Spoiler

Have him and Roo-da met when they were children? Or are they his kids (this is me desperately clinging to a sinking ship)? 

14 minutes ago, selenette said:

What the what what. I'm speechless. 

P.S.

Are they going to

Hide contents

Have him and Roo-da met when they were children? Or are they his kids (this is me desperately clinging to a sinking ship)? 

Spoiler

I have no idea where the hell is it and I scourged Insta using Feel good to die tag. The cnetz is a long time fan of kjh and posted some useful posts from naver etc before so I took her word for it. She was saying there was an image which she said resembled a young BJS which still havent appeared yet (we are discussing about the new photos on the kids which totally never appeared in webtoon). I asked her to confirm but she said it was long time ago and she mentioned they have the same type of specs.

I was thinking from a plot point of view why make Kang's character does something unforgivable if they are the ending pair (because in the webtoon BJS selfishness is the indirect cause of Rooda death; Kang in drama).

5 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

Hide contents

I have no idea where the hell is it and I scourged Insta using Feel good to die tag. The cnetz is a long time fan of kjh and posted some useful posts from naver etc before so I took her word for it. She was saying there was an image which she said resembled a young BJS which still havent appeared yet (we are discussing about the new photos on the kids which totally never appeared in webtoon). I asked her to confirm but she said it was long time ago and she mentioned they have the same type of specs.

I was thinking from a plot point of view why make Kang's character does something unforgivable if they are the ending pair (because in the webtoon BJS selfishness is the indirect cause of Rooda death; Kang in drama).

Did you mean

Spoiler

That the presence of these children indicate that Jin-sang and Roo-da is endgame here, or is Kang Joon-ho and Roo-da the endgame here? Are they these characters' kids? To me that indicates a possible time jump instead of a time loop.

2 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Possible spoiler for new episode

Hide contents

Looks like its at least time loop back to EP1 but whats with the kids?

Anyone can translate?

I have a very strong feeling that the time loop went back to Hyun Jung's childhood. She was being a kid pestered by others. Maybe this is a flashback about the reason for her lack of self-confidence. 

23 minutes ago, selenette said:

Did you mean

Hide contents

That the presence of these children indicate that Jin-sang and Roo-da is endgame here, or is Kang Joon-ho and Roo-da the endgame here? Are they these characters' kids? To me that indicates a possible time jump instead of a time loop.

Spoiler

Sorry I was intending that post for another topic. Apologies.

I dont think they are their kids, I just feel that if young BJS is real, probably they shot it very early in the film making process. The pics indicates time jump to at least first EP. Probably BJS looking for the ex employee house and found her living in a poor area. But whats with Yoo Shi Baek character? How does that incorporates in?

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I have a very strong feeling that the time loop went back to Hyun Jung's childhood. She was being a kid pestered by others. Maybe this is a flashback about the reason for her lack of self-confidence. 

I think you have a good case here. The last pic looks like some kid is being bullied. I was leaning towards BJS looking for HJ and met kids neighbourrs on or before the incident but having a kid to act some part with KJH indicates of something bigger.

If thats the case then we can explain the possibility of time travelling by BJS since we have yet to solve the mystery man pushing Rooda (someone screenshot that hand please).

There is another thing that I have yet to see it mentioned anywhere, which is Hyun Jung in webtoon vs drama. Hyun Jung is a writer in webtoon. The writer role seems to be Rooda sis in drama. Will she play a part?

chingus, another difference between the webtoon and the drama is that Kang doesn't die. This has a very significant meaning in my opinion, that Ruda was saving BJS. 

@jenappelle 

Spoiler

well I like your theory about Ruda sister, she will be very distraught after her sister's death, she will try to do something. 

If she uses the cartoon she might be the one triggering the time loop again.

29 minutes ago, jenappelle said:
  Hide contents

Sorry I was intending that post for another topic. Apologies.

I dont think they are their kids, I just feel that if young BJS is real, probably they shot it very early in the film making process. The pics indicates time jump to at least first EP. Probably BJS looking for the ex employee house and found her living in a poor area. But whats with Yoo Shi Baek character? How does that incorporates in?

Spoiler

I'm more curious with how the kid(s) is/are related to this events. But I admit I also want a resolution to Yoo Shi-baek trajectory. Will Jin-sang loop time to as far back as his childhood? So that he'll grow up as a kind man, Yoo Shi-baek wouldn't bear a grudge against him, and Hyun-jung wouldn't get hurt?

Ugh that makes my heart ache. 

Have you read my comparison posts, @jenappelle? I already compared the webtoon's and the drama's Hyun-jung here and here

Archived