[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

@nohamahamoud2002 Roo-da saving Jin-sang would be a great idea 

Spoiler

So Roo-da dies and then in desperation and misery, Jin-sang tries to reactivate the time loop. 

For me, the saddest scene in the webtoon isn't the ending but the scene when Mr Baek, still in shock after witnessing Rooda's death, said "Quick! I have to kill myself."

Previously, the webtoon's Mr Baek always said it in a comedic atmosphere (like in the drama), yet that moment is grievously painful.

He used to value himself highly or treat his life lightly (for the sake of petty revenge, etc). but from that moment on his life meant nothing for him. 

P.S. I'm really sure that 

Spoiler

Roo-da's going to die

Because the latest OST (maybe Part 6, currently unreleased) that we heard during the hospital and cyber chat scenes has these words in it: 

제발 제발 돌아와 주겠니

Please, please just come back (to me), will you? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 Roo-da saving Jin-sang would be a great idea 

Reveal hidden contents

So Roo-da dies and then in desperation and misery, Jin-sang tries to reactivate the time loop. 

For me, the saddest scene in the webtoon isn't the ending but the scene when Mr Baek, still in shock after witnessing Rooda's death, said "Quick! I have to kill myself."

Previously, the webtoon's Mr Baek always said it in a comedic atmosphere (like in the drama), yet that moment is grievously painful.

He used to value himself highly or treat his life lightly (for the sake of petty revenge, etc). but from that moment on his life meant nothing for him. 

P.S. I'm really sure that 

Reveal hidden contents

Roo-da's going to die

Because the latest unreleased OST that we heard during the hospital and cyber chat scenes has these words in it: 

제발 제발 돌아와 주겠니

Please, please just come back (to me), will you? 

The ost 5

Do you mean ost 2? It is released

It's not that one or the one in Part 2 , but thanks. 

The song is heard in this scene (cyber chat scene) and in another scene (when Jin-sang realizes that there's another person who is more precious than him in his life)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2gd-mOpEOc

It hasn't been featured in any other episodes before Episodes 19-20 (Ep 10), which was aired last Thursday. 

47 minutes ago, selenette said:

It's not that one, but thanks. 

yes. I realize now the song is different. :(

it seems we have a sad story here :(

I remember now, years back I watched Stairway to Heaven. I really liked it very much. But it broke my heart. I hope some kdramas wouldn't break my heart like that. It is hard.

I really thought of dropping the drama. But I still would like to watch Kang Ji Hwan. He is brilliant. I didn't watch any of his other dramas in the past. I don't even know him before. But he is so shining here. I no longer like Ruda. At the beginning I found her cheerful, but now she is toying with BJS' heart, I find myself disliking her tremendously :(

Spoiler

anyway, if Ruda doesn't love BJS in turn, then he will be lonely at the end. But I hope the writer doesn't end it that way. At least he should find true love even if not with Ruda.

Please don't drop the drama, even if the ending is sad I still think there are many positive lessons to learn from this one, and these discussions have been so fun! 

Anyway regardless of Jin-sang's requited or unrequited love, watching him transform before my eyes has been an amazing experience. He has made me believe in human's capability to change for the better, again. As I get older it's getting more and more difficult to believe in changes and redemption, so I thank the drama's (and the webtoon)'s writers for evoking this belief. 

22 hours ago, selenette said:

It's been so long since I last visited the forum, but I see @larus here so hi!! And hello to everyone else.

OH, YEAH! It`s been so long but I am happy to see you again. :wub:

Thanks for your insights about the webtoon and the drama. I am glad the drama is an improved version of the original story. I like when a remake is improving the story and its characters. Hope to read your comments more from now one. ^_^

11 minutes ago, selenette said:

Please don't drop the drama, even if the ending is sad I still think there are many positive lessons to learn from this one, and these discussions have been so fun! 

Anyway regardless of Jin-sang's requited or unrequited love, watching him transform before my eyes has been an amazing experience. He has made me believe in human's capability to change for the better, again. As I get older it's getting more and more difficult to believe in changes and redemption, so I thank the drama's (and the webtoon)'s writers for evoking this belief. 

you know I really like melodramas where I get to learn a lesson. But I feel rather sad when the lead gets to be lonely at the end. It feels aching, he is already changing for the better but doesn't he have the right to find a soulmate with whom he can spend the rest of his life? Loneliness is worth than heartbreak. I mean being in love and getting separated isn't the only problem for me. If he gets over it and live on, it is OK. What I don't like is for a person not finding another chance to live happily.

Before watching Kdrama, I was an addict to Bollywood :) even their sad stories didn't break my heart that way.

14 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

... I mean being in love and getting separated isn't the only problem for me. If he gets over it and live on, it is OK. What I don't like is for a person not finding another chance to live happily.

I agree with you that Jin-sang has to be allowed the chance to live happily, although I don't think that romance is his only way to happiness. 

Spoiler

In the webtoon what hurts me the most is how he remains relatively friendless. As if losing the possibility of a romance is not enough, he still has to suffer from a dull and empty life. 

For the ending of the drama, i positively think it will not be the same and not as sad as the webtoon for 5 reasons:

1. Major details of the drama was changed: the characters, their transformations, the interaction between them, the twists like the disappearance of the loop, the date at musement park (in webtoon it’s between RD&JS), the hug, etc as @selenette has mentioned above. Therefore there’s no reason the ending would not be changed bc writernim has made it into a different story!

2. The changing BJS now gets love and respect from his colleagues and public. So at the end the completely changed BJS will for sure get those as well.

3. Writenim has unfolded RD’s feeling for JS and for the way the show is going now, i see it would hardly be ignored or left unsolved and still able to deliver a ‘make-sense’ ending for the audience. The public view (rating) does have lots of pressure on the flow/ending of a Korean drama. And team Baek for sure is now on the go :)  

4. I actually think it’s hard not to fall in love with BJS. As us audience, we also change from ‘an extremely hate that annoying man’ to ‘an obsessely adore that very same man, who is cute, smart, brave, handsome...’. So if this drama world has some senses, RD would also feel the same way as us :D

5. Last but not least, every scenes, every highs and lows are screaming RD&JS to me. And at the end it always brings 2 main characters closer together (in a light of trust and also romance).

So i hope no one drop the show now and keep our mind strong until the very end. Agree?

49 minutes ago, angiedramadive said:

4. I actually think it’s hard not to fall in love with BJS. As us audience, we also change from ‘an extremely hate that annoying man’ to ‘an obsessely adore that very same man, who is cute, smart, brave, handsome...’. So if this drama world has some senses, RD would also feel the same way as us :D

I really didn't hate the former BJS, I just laughed at his words :D

I can't leave the show even if I want to. Just looking at Kang Ji Hwan keeps me watching.

Guys!! i just thought of something 
so I've read that in the webtoon

Spoiler
Spoiler

luda dies and baek jinsang has to use the time loop to save her. When he does she basically lost all memory that has to do with the time loop and therefore with mr baek. But she still manages to establish a relationship with kang cause her feelings for him existed way before the time loop and their relationship was already beginning before she got involved with mr baek.In the drama, if they do follow the webtoon and have rooda die and baek jinsang saving her and her forgetting everything with the time loop it would also erase her relationship with kang and it would be actually impossible for the rs to happen

because, if you remember, kang only began to take interest in rooda after he saw her grabbing baek jinsang by the collar. Before that incident, they paid zero attention to eachother and were basically strangers. Their relationship started after he started working at the the restaurant to watch over rooda who worked there herself to watch over baek jinsang. In conclusion, the kang rooda relationship would be impossible to establish without the time loop and without baek jinsang. 

Spoiler

So if they follow the webtoon by killing rooda, and i think they will, I'm positive that the ending would be completely different.

And for some reason i believe that this was all on purpose by the writers?? Maybe this is why they changed the webtoon relationship between rooda and kang, I don't know. Maybe I'm just reaching sjsbsjhx but we'll see!! 

@Lawyerh @buckyroo17 Thanks for summing up and comparing the webtoon and the drama. I will also add my comparisons later. 

In my opinion, the reason why the webtoon is so quirky is because it's essentially a criticism of Korean society's misogyny. The messages of feminism and gender equality, along with cultural references thrown here and there, make the webtoon a strange mesh of comedy and satire. It takes time to get used to it. 

I support feminism, but the webtoon's underlying ageism annoys me. Kang Mi-ro, the webtoon's second lead, is only reprimanded once about his stereotyped view on women (as if one's point of view could change after only a short talk!). Mr Baek, on the other hand, has to suffer even AFTER he stops being misogynistic, and his age is repeatedly emphasized throughout the story. 

---

P.S. I forgot to reply to @larus 's post. I think I'm going to camp here, let's talk more!

Now we all know the drama’s story is wayyyy different than the webtoon, so i’m very excited looking forward to what the writernim has in the pocket for us next.

For now, this is my delusion :P
Spoiler
RD will die bc of involving with BJS (maybe she dies while trying to save him or the security guy tries to hurt her to hurt BJS). BJS will try to restart the time loop to save her. In the process he will know the reason of the loop existence and even realize how awful he was to others or how deeply he hurted them, specifically the ex-colleague. BJS will have the ‘real’ reason to change, not only bc of RD but also for the sake of others and himself.
RD will lost all her memories related to the loop. But BJS then will have a better chance or equal chance to pursue her, especially when Kang is no longer in the picture -_-

My 2 most concerned about the drama are:
-The reason RD gets involve in the loop with JS
-If RD forgets all about the loop (if they follow that ending), her realization on life (try as hard as you can for the best like there’s always the loop) will also be erased :o. And i really want to see not just JS but RD transformation too.

Hopefully the writernim has planned to resolve these 2 things as well. Then this drama would impress me big time! :D

1 hour ago, Heidi Seow said:

New stills cut 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003356490

Spoiler

Spoiler

2018121201000799800057801_20181211132422

In summary:

(Edit): Kang Joon-ho will confront Baek Jin-sang about the nature of his relationship with Lee Roo-da, with words which would hurt(?) them both. 

Despite the two men's growing discomfort with each other, they are thrown into an unexpected comradeship, and probably (?) future friendship.  

From the stills BJS seems defeated, I  don't  feel he is fighting for his love. He is worried about Ruda, so he won't subject her to danger. He would rather face it alone. This supports my theory about his possible death.

Junhoo is getting  on my nerves like @dramaninja says. It is not his business to ask BJS about his feelings for Ruda :angry:

@angiedramadive I am expecting the other way round. The security guard killing BJS and Ruda trying to activate the time loop after realizing her love for him (hopefully )

Evolution of Baek Jin-sang's style

0000931976-001-20181211143433889.jpg

source: https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000931976

Summary: 

Kang Ji-hwan's stylist for this drama, Park Ji-young, had created two distinctive styles. 

The first (pre-transformation) style is the 차도남 (chadonam: cold hearted, unkind, unreachable yet sophisticated city man). It's dominated by crisp dark suit and tie, and gelled hair.

The second (post-transformation) is the 따도남 (ttaedonam: warm and kind-hearted city man). It's marked with the casual sense, Baek Jin-sang's hair is styled casually and sometimes he wears coats combined with turtlenecks. This is done to create a romantic atmosphere. 

My notes.

1. Jin-sang used to put on tie bars whenever he wears ties, but not anymore. 

2. Jin-sang's look on Ep 20 is my favorite. He's getting more and more openhearted, so his professional attire changes as well. I especially like that he opts for a casual trousers, and then a sweater instead of a vest, without a tie. 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20181211-173305.jpg

Screenshot-20181211-173255.jpg

Preview from kbs

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/goodie/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0564-01-264949,read,,12,785056

21,22부

뉴스 출연이라는 돌발행동으로 진상은 또다시 약자의 영웅이 되지만, 자신의 마음을 준호와 루다에게 들킬 위기에 처한다. 한편, 진상에게 앙심을 품은 인사팀장은 진상을 무너뜨릴 계획을 세우던 중에 의외의 인물을 발견하게 되는데..!

Google translate (unclear)

21, 22 Though it becomes a hero of the weak again by the unexpected act called the news appearance, it is in crisis that it can invoke his mind to Junho and Luda. On the other hand, the head of the human resources team, who is angry with Jin Sang, finds an unexpected person while planning to break down the truth ..!

Spoiler

Gong Myong (Junho) mentioned  that he tried hard to make viewers like him (he knows we don't ) :D

17 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Preview from kbs

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/goodie/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0564-01-264949,read,,12,785056

21,22부

뉴스 출연이라는 돌발행동으로 진상은 또다시 약자의 영웅이 되지만, 자신의 마음을 준호와 루다에게 들킬 위기에 처한다. 한편, 진상에게 앙심을 품은 인사팀장은 진상을 무너뜨릴 계획을 세우던 중에 의외의 인물을 발견하게 되는데..!

Google translate (unclear)

21, 22 Though it becomes a hero of the weak again by the unexpected act called the news appearance, it is in crisis that it can invoke his mind to Junho and Luda. On the other hand, the head of the human resources team, who is angry with Jin Sang, finds an unexpected person while planning to break down the truth ..!

@nohamahamoud2002Trying (still learning Korean too btw): 

Although Jin-sang becomes a hero of the weak due to (his appearance in) the news, his heart (true feeling) is in crisis of being discovered by Jun-ho and Roo-da. Meanwhile, the Head of the Security team who is hostile to Jin-sang, meets an unexpected person when he's about to destroy Jin-sang. 

Note: OMG. 

Archived