[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

the scene when Ruda rushes to the hospital to see BJS gives me so much hope. She was really worried about him. ( I think this scene was not in the webtoon) This raises my hope that they will end up together. She is helping him now and they are so much involved together. :joy:

BJS's imagination 

2oeaib.gif

Brave BJS has the recording, he is going to expose the company to save the contract workers :) this will improve Ruda's opinion of him :) 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

He's holding a recorder about company scandal but He said he would like to praise MW Chicken company.. :sweatingbullets: Not sure what is his moves but we still have 6 more episodes to go. Fighting Beak Jin-Sang. :thumbsup:

@xprosperity Actually I found out that dramas that from KBS2 always in low ratings. Not sure what it cause. some said is because they separate into 2 episodes and in put 1 min commercial break in middle of the way.. quite alot argument on this issue. And another thing is Korean viewers will drop the drama if they found out that there is no romance plot on OTP or someone will gonna die or something.. Cant accept too complicated story, horror plot etc.. All they wan is OTP romance story.. :sweatingbullets: 

Seriously I have no ideas what Korean Viewers's thoughts. But some said don't trust the ratings or news, is kinda misleading to us.. So let's just say, put away the rating and enjoy our drama will do.. :yum: 

So far I'm very enjoying this drama and looking forward on Beak Jin-Sang action. And probably we gonna miss the "DEATH" as there is no time loop anymore (or maybe will appear again, who knows) 

I don't let the rating bother me! Just overall curious!

I feel like the time loop isn't going to come back unless the worker who was in a coma comes back (I believe the camera didn't show whether she died or not.) The security guard is likely her father, as he was sitting by her bedside.

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

RD : But why i do that? I must've been shocked. (About the hug).

After watched with sub, i found that her personal dialog was quite a key. She sounds like on deep denial. And actually she already saw him alive & fine, so the hug was a bit unnecessary.

also there is her concern to help him find the culprit, and her worries about him hurting his shoulder when the vase fell.

It is clear that BJS is declaring the company intends to hire contract workers :) depending on the recording :) he is using it for the benefit of contract  workers :) 

He is forcing the company to hire them :) 

He is complimenting the company for deciding to hire the contract workers (based on the recording, as an evidence against the company) :) 

Kang is all for words only but when it comes to real action, it is BJS who is taking steps. Really I hope Ruda wakes up and realizes what a golden man she has for a potential lover.

@littlerain  I am more smitten with Kang Ji Hwan than you. I not only dropped other threads, I dropped the dramas themselves just to watch this one more than once. I watch online and on KBS World too (on Thursdays, Fridays twice in the re-run and on Sundays too) so I get to watch it about five times :) 

you were asking about Kang Ji Hwan thread, here it is 

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/5876-kang-ji-hwan-강지환/?page=930

RD actually did tons of unrequired things that were not related to the loop at all, like: went out of her way to help JS at Garibong, frequently visit his house and got drunk there, even spend nights without rational reasons, that desperate scream when he’s in danger, that hug (which she disgusted earlier), that come to his house again to find the culprit though already in a relationship, etc.
And in most cases, she’s the one who initiated it!
She’s maybe a good person who wants to take care of people but she didn’t go to that extreme when it comes to her colleagues or even KJH!
RD has never questioned herself the reason behind all that until this ep, until she realized she cannot understand her emotion related to BJS.

I believe she has not realized her feeling for him yet bc she keeps convincing herself she did all that to stop the loop (yeah, cant imagine you fall in love with the person you hate the most, right?). But now her emotion is kind of disclosing herself.

I think BJS is not delusional at all when thinking she likes him through all that acts!

I know this is a drama world but i hope there would still be rational reasons behind the act of each charater :rolleyes:.

4 hours ago, angiedramadive said:

RD has never questioned herself the reason behind all that until this ep, until she realized she cannot understand her emotion related to BJS.

yes, I agree, this gives me hope that the drama will show us love between BJS and Ruda, because it is totally different from the webtoon :) 

Spoiler

Ruda is so sad when she saw BJS's phone and glasses. She was worried he was dead 

2ofql1.gif

2ofrdl.gif

BTS video :) 

https://www.vlive.tv/video/102951?channelCode=D4F547

@Lawyerh I couldn't resist, I changed my profile picture too. :) 

@nohamahamoud2002 :lol: ok you win you even changed your profile picture whereas me I only watched episodes twice I'm such a bad fan <_<:D

Spoiler

Is it ok if I visit his thread without changing my profile picture :sweatingbullets: I mean... fanheart already taken but still friendly place available for awsome actors :D

Back to drama have to say restroom scene where Ruda said  to herself JinSang was an old man depressed me, her spontaneous awkward reaction to the hug in restaurant too. I mean not realizing is one thing but these were so harsh. :tears:  And now how to come back easily to  "we ship" hope ? I mean of course that's what I wish but if writernim dares saying hospital hug is because too much worry for someone who become close (but no more?) :tears: so I am happy to see your optmistic analysis of Ruda attitude but haha I need more proofs, drama do you hear me :lol:

I thing strong denial is the right words remember she really hater the guy his first real hug with her was awkward of course  he ever hug her.But the second hug was from her and it was heartfelt. I think what is important here she hug him not the other way around.

@Lawyerh Ruda was mentioning his blue raincoat when she said he dresses horribly :D. it was funny actually like a ballon :D it was meant to make us laugh :D

Remember it is a comedy mainly not romance, so give Ruda some chance to love him :). she already unknowingly cares about him deeply. The time loop ended but she still cares.

Don't forget that BJS was asking on the internet about why is Ruda is helping him, the users told him that Ruda likes him. He kept deceiving himself. He believed it and he didn't realize that he likes her (not the other way round).

@Lawyerh And yes it is called the Kang Ji Hwan effect :D (changing my profile picture).

but still dear Sungjae is in my heart, I uploaded his photo to soundcloud account instead :lol:

Spoiler

I started learning Korean now. I already memorized the alphabet and a bit of grammar

Baek Jin Sang grew up so much as a character since the first time we saw him.

He was a little childish when he wanted to ruin her dates. It was funny how he wanted to provoke that guy to kill him. :lol:

The only thing I don`t like it is the subplot with the guy(the security guy) who wants to hurt Jin sang. I am annoyed with this plot wherever I see it in dramas. I remembered how I was annoyed by it when I watched My Husband Oh Jak-Doo this year too. But it will pass quickly I guess. I forgive the writer because she needed to put Jin Sang and Roo da together and couldn`t get a better plot. It was all for a good cause. :D

Baek Jin Sang calls LRD's name in a very sweet lover like tone.From once shouting her name to calling her sweetly , he has come a long way.:lol:And I squealed when he said- "It scares me that there is some one who is more precious than me in my life".:wub:This coming from a man who only loved himself until now.He is getting better and better in his social skills and he is very smart too.Only he could do something like that at the broad casting station.He is a true hero and his charisma is absolutely wonderful.Kang is starting to have doubts regarding RD and BJS.I think his insecurity and jealousiness will be the last stroke for their break up(if they do..)As some one mentioned in an another forum- it's like reply 1994 all over again.This time in an office setting.We just don't know who are the end game couple..Hope further episodes will shed some light.And why is there no preview for the next episode?Are they deliberately making us audience wait?

19 minutes ago, ashbelle said:

Baek Jin Sang calls LRD's name in a very sweet lover like tone.From once shouting her name to calling her sweetly , he has come a long way.:lol:And I squealed when he said- "It scares me that there is some one who is more precious than me in my life".:wub:This coming from a man who only loved himself until now.He is getting better and better in his social skills and he is very smart too.Only he could do something like that at the broad casting station.He is a true hero and his charisma is absolutely wonderful.Kang is starting to have doubts regarding RD and BJS.I think his insecurity and jealousiness may be the last stroke for their break up(if they do..)As some one mentioned in another forum- it's like reply 1994 all over again in an office setting.We just do not know who are the end game couple..Hope further episodes will shed some light.And why is there no preview for the next episode?Are they deliberately making us audience wait?

Ugh! I also noticed that there was no preview! I was scouting all over and nothing flew up! That was my FAVORITE line! My heart fluttered for RD! :grimace:

It's been so long since I last visited the forum, but I see @larus here so hi!! And hello to everyone else.

I'm watching this drama too and I love it, I've watched the latest episode six times. :lol:

I also read the webtoon (the unofficial translation) two times and I must say that the changes the scriptwriter has made to the story so far are very refreshing.

Here are my two cents on the webtoon (with spoilers)

Spoiler

While I acknowledge that the webtoon's Mr Baek is a misogynist at the start of the story, he gradually tries to overcome his prejudices and even becomes some sort of a hero. As much as I support feminism (especially when it comes to combating workplace injustice), there are scenes in the webtoon which are meant to be comedic but come across as pure vitriol to me (e.g. the lobotomy scenes, etc).

The scenes where Mr Baek struggles to keep Roo-da from dying through an infinite time loop, makes amends with the novelist Hyun-joong who he hurt in the past, and befriends his current subordinates are ignored by the writer as they are bent on punishing him for the sake of genre distortion. 

I'm very much rankled by the webtoon's ending for three reasons.

First, even though Mr Baek has shown that he is capable for altruistic love in at least two circumstances, i.e. bringing Roo-da back to life without expecting rewards, and rescuing a stranger, he still lives an empty and monotonous life in the end. 

Second, Lee Roo-da chooses Kang Mi-ro (the webtoon's second lead), who remains prejudiced against women (as proven by his very stereotyped view of women and science), is only told off once, and is unrealistically flawless in other aspects. 

Third, Lee Roo-da's memories of the time loops are completely gone by the end of the webtoon, and Mr Baek is reformed. However, simply to rub more salt on Mr Baek's wound, the writer makes him imagine the dreadful consequences of his love confession to Lee Roo-da. 

In my opinion, the three punishments inflicted on Mr Baek are examples of blatant ageism, as his age is emphasized multiple times throughout the story. This, and the vitriolic undertone that I mentioned before, weaken the webtoon's otherwise positive messages of feminism. 

That being said, I still respect the webtoon as canon, but for me the drama is far more superior in several ways.

First,

Spoiler

In the drama, Baek Jin-sang, Lee Roo-da and Kang Joon-ho are multi dimensional characters. They are given more rooms to grow, with Baek Jin-sang's potentials for activism, Roo-da's newfound enthusiasm for advocacy, and Kang Joon-ho's inexperience and immaturity (making him more flawed, but also more realistic than his webtoon counterpart). 

The moment I began to be immersed in the drama was when the scriptwriter sent Baek Jin-sang to work at a dying franchise outlet. I knew then that this drama is a gem. 

The side characters have been transformed as well. All the members of The Marketing Team, and Director Yoo (who only appears briefly in the webtoon and is male) are realistically complex personalities who we meet at a corporate workplace.  

Second,

Spoiler

The portrayal of corporate culture in the drama broadens the story and colors the characters' lives. Instead of merely being busy with the time loops (which of course is exciting, but there could've been more to it), they still have to deal with their complicated personal and professional lives and be engaged in social activism. 

Third,

Spoiler

The elements of revenge and office politics work well to the drama's advantage. By adding the terrors and discomfort from threats, blackmail, and manipulations, the scriptwriter has brought the characters closer in the face of known and unknown enemies, as opposed to the  simpler motives of revenge and death curse (as shown in the webtoon). 

Fourth, 

Spoiler

The potentials for a lifelong friendship and alliance (as hoped for by the old CEO) between Kang Joon-ho and Baek Jin-sang, two imperfect but principled men.

With this possibility, regardless of the endgame romance, these characters can still lead meaningful lives outside of it, since Lee Roo-da  has found a new passion for advocacy.  

I'm leaning more and more towards Baek Jin-sang in the romance department, since Kang Joon-ho still has to evolve in leaps and bounds if he were to compete against Baek Jin-sang's transformation. However, should Baek Jin-sang remains single in the end, I want him to form and sustain friendships, be a hero and lead a fulfilling life. 

BJK did right by using the time loop to stop Ruda/Kang romance. Thumbs up.:D

Spoiler

It seems the time loop remained in the webtoon unlike the drama. I hope the writer changes BJS and Ruda story too

Just finished watching the re-run on KBS World (the fifth time now) :lol:

I am dying for the preview -_-

@nohamahamoud2002 @Lawyerh I don't think the time loops are completely gone at this point. If I'm not mistaken, in the webtoon:

Spoiler

Mr Baek has to activate the time loop after Lee Roo-da died in Kang Mi-ro's place. 

Seeing that these characters' lives are still in danger, maybe it will happen when they are desperate and/or dying. 

31 minutes ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @Lawyerh I don't think the time loops are completely gone at this point. If I'm not mistaken, in the webtoon:

Reveal hidden contents

Mr Baek has to activate the time loop after Lee Roo-da died in Kang Mi-ro's place. 

Seeing that these characters' lives are still in danger, maybe it will happen when they are desperate and/or dying. 

I hope the writer doesn't stick to the webtoon. Kang isn't very nice here in the drama. So I hope it will be different. I expect it to be the other way round. BJS in danger and Ruda trying to save him.

I have another scenario: BJS dies, Ruda realizes how much she loves him, so she uses the time loop to save him. I really hope the writer invests on their romance, because it is already very strong. I mean look at BJS'  face. So many emotions. Also Ruda likes him, but still can't analyze her feelings

Spoiler

In the webtoon Ruda told Kang about the time loop. Her relationship with him was stronger.

Here they watched a movie about the time loop and Kang didn't like it. So it isn't the same after all. And in the webtoon I think the time loop didn't end in the first place. 

In the drama the time loop ended. Ruda could not activate it.

Archived