[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

17 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

The series stars tonight.!!.. But this thread is over quiet for "a coming up today drama"..!! Isn't anyone interested in this series as much as I do here..??!! :open_mouth: I'm surprised..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting since a long time... but I am a quiet person, unless otherwise triggered or provoked ^_^

I wonder though how am I going to divide my time for weds-thurs dramas :crazy:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

The series stars tonight.!!.. But this thread is over quiet for "a coming up today drama"..!! Isn't anyone interested in this series as much as I do here..??!! :open_mouth: I'm surprised..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing to say until I watch the first episode!:sweatingbullets:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die 죽어도 좋아 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Kang Ji Hwan and Baek Jin Hee - Premieres TONIGHT

Just watched some raw clips..

Well... I am confused at the very first day to be honest.. And I don't know if I can catch up with the rest..!! Or should I read the manga first..??!! :frown: But I am gonna try it with eng sub since I have no other drama to watch at the moment..!!

Srry for the negative comment..  I really hope other friends will enjoy the drama series more than I do..... :thumbsup:

Baek Jin Hee Is Locked Up In A Holding Cell In “Feel Good To Die”

by J. Lee
8e4828073b5b406ea73ab6c058c35c30.jpeg?s=

Baek Jin Hee is locked up in the police station!

KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama, “Feel Good To Die” revealed photos of Baek Jin Hee on November 7. The drama will tell the story of an evil boss Baek Jin Sang (played by Kang Ji Hwan) and the assistant manager Lee Ruda (played by Baek Jin Hee), who tries to change him into a better person. The drama is based on the webtoon by the same name, and will premiere today.

In the revealed photos, Baek Jin Hee is wearing a polished office suit and locked up in a holding cell. She looks like a normal office worker, but her situation makes viewers wonder what could have possibly happened to her. Her intense facial expression and motions to escape the cell is somewhat comical, inferring that her office life is not easy.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1259215wpp/baek-jin-hee-locked-holding-cell-feel-good-die

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die 죽어도 좋아 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Very Brief Summary of the Webtoon

Spoiler

Thanks to realize it was a time loop. Lee tried to help Chief to become a nice person so no one would curse him and he wouldn’t die. But the time loop rules changed again and again. For instance, just seeing the word "die" would kill Chief. On the side, Lee began a romantic relationship with Kang. Their relationship was amazing. (Kang was a super duper nice person, helping everyone out and etc.) Chief somehow misunderstood Lee's kindness as her liking and he thought they were dating (one-sided, Lee had no idea lol). The time loop rules changed again and now they were able to turn back time to several days. It was a problem because Kang was killed in a train accident. Lee was devastated, she turned time again and saved Kang but as a result, she died. Now, Chief was alone without Lee's help. Chief fell in love with Lee. Chief realized that the root of the time loop was a comical book called "Happy if you died" written by his ex-employer who Chief was mean to. The plot of the book was essentially about this mean Chief who was stuck in a time loop. The author wrote the book with the actual Chief in mind. However, there was no mention of the rule changes of time loops, the train accident, or the death of Lee. The author had not decided an ending. Somehow, Chief managed to convince the author/ex-employer he abused that there was a real time loop happening to him. Together, they turned time to the day the loop started. Lee lost all memories of her and Chief concerning the time loop. Chief helped save Lee and her relationship with Kang. Lee and Kang married. Chief was alone

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just watched some raw clips..

Well... I am confused at the very first day to be honest.. And I don't know if I can catch up with the rest..!! Or should I read the manga first..??!! :frown: But I am gonna try it with eng sub since I have no other drama to watch at the moment..!!

Srry for the negative comment..  I really hope other friends will enjoy the drama series more than I do..... :thumbsup:

You may want to read a little of the webtoob first. It is a rather wacky story and the drama adaptation didn't make it less wacky. If not done correctly, may be a little over the top. I am giving myself two weeks to decide whether to continue or not. The first episode didn't really impress me. And maybe I am too pampered by deep lead male voice in many recent dramas that I am having a hard time getting used to KJW's voice which I think is rather high... :P 

Dear @suchbigfoodie

Thank you so much for the summary of the webtoon... It totally confuses me to the extend & the ending is blah.. So I don't think that I can enjoy the drama series as it's already misled me at the very first day.!.

And by the way, is Chief Beak Jin Sang in the webtoon a lot older than Lee Roo Da..??!! :o Kang Ji WAn is much older than Baek Jin Hee also..!

And to be honest, I was expecting this to make me impress as much as "Jugglers" did a while ago... But this is so hilarious for me...! Do you have any leads that production team is changing the course of the web toon for a better ending in the drama series..??!! If so, I would give it another try..!!

Thank you so much once again for the summary... It really helped me :wub:

@gm4queen If I remember correctly, the chief in the webtoon was 50+ and the age gap was 20+. The webtoon artist said that they would not have gotten together since the second lead was portrayed as nicer and younger and he wants the main character Lee to have a happy ending. I haven't seen the drama yet but Kang Ji Hwan is 41 and Baek Jin Hee is 28.

Yes @suchbigfoodie ... I know that.!!! Baek Jin Hee is 28(so I am) & Kang Ji Hwan is 41 already..!!

And I am curious over the part that why the webtoon artist led Lee Roo Da & the second lead end up together in the first place when the story is all about Lee Roo Da & Baek Jin Sang..??!! :open_mouth: So then is it the same ending for this series also..??!! I don't think fans will be interested about the drama version much then if they already know the ending...

Now for me, Baek Jin Hee's previous office-romance series "Jugglers" is much better than this :wub: And I really hope she'd choose a different role next time rather than being a secretary forever in K-dramaland..!!!

@gm4queen I don't think all viewers know about the ending. Even if they do, it is always good to see a drama adapting and reproducing your favorite webtoon. It is quite possible that the ending is different from the webtoon. Personally, for me, whoever Lee Luda ends up doesn't relate to who the main characters are. The main characters are the ones that portray an interesting story arc. They don't have to have a romantic story line. The webtoon artist said it is cruel for Lee Luda if she ends up with Chief.

I totally agree with what you said about Baek Jin Hee choosing a different role and storyline. I am actually watching this drama solely because of her. I am a huge fan of her and I really hope she gets a chance to portray her acting skills. I want her to be famous internationally like Park Shin Hye. She deserves so much recognition. I am not happy with her choices in drama but you do you. So I can't really complain. 

Yes @suchbigfoodie -

I am also here for Baek Jin Hee  b'cause I truly enjoyed her previous office-romance "Jugglers" with Daniel Choi..!! :wub: So I was so excited for her role in here.. And I truly do.. But something is stopping me from watching "Feel Good to Die" :o

And I got high expectations with the visuals in trailers, but the reality looks far more different than that..!! :blink:

[Feel Good To Die] PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Baek Jin Hee & Kang Ji Hwan

good.png

Article: Naver 'Feel Good to Die' Kang Ji Hwan asks Baek Jin Hee in her dream, "Do you have something you aren't happy about?" 
  • On 7th November 2018, Lee Roo Da (Baek Jin Hee) witnesses her boss, Baek Jin Sang (Kang Ji Hwan) getting hit by a truck. She wakes up and realizes it's still 7th November. She thought of it as a dream.
  • From then on, Roo Da does different things to try to save her boss. But Jin Sang always dies in the end and she is stuck on 7th November. 
  • Roo Da begins letting everything go and speaks up to her boss. It's 8th November the next time she wakes up. 

1. [+104,-3]
After working under Kang Daniel, she's working for Kang Ji Hwan  this time? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her boss changed. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This feels like Jugglers 2. 

2. [+39,-20]
This is really interesting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Daebak. Why are Kang Ji Hwan and Baek Jin Hee so cute~ ♥

3. [+19,-1]
I'm watching this. This is so funny. ㅋㅋ Feels like I'm watching Chief Kim. ㅋㅋ

4. [+10,-1]
Kang Ji Hwan acting obnoxious was so funny. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He totally acted like an annoying person!!!

5. [+8,-0]
Kang Ji Hwan's character in the original work was more off-putting. ㅋㅋ But he did well making the character annoying. ㅋㅋ

6. [+6,-0]
Looks like it slowly began. 

7. [+8,-5]
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Baek Jin Hee. She fits roles like these so much. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+4,-1]
It's fun and fresh. 

to.png

Article: Naver 'Feel Good to Die' Pilot, 'Obnoxious' Kang Ji Hwan vs Baek Jin Hee's 'ill-fated dreams' begin 

1. [+291,-26]
This is fun. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's the first time I laughed so hard watching a drama. 

2. [+159,-10]
No, but I didn't really look forward to this. But this is so interesting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Really. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+148,-34]
Kang Ji Hwan's acting is so good. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I laughed so hard. 

4. [+148,-34]
Baek Jin Hee keeps taking on lead roles.. Amazing. 

5. [+76,-8]
I was so surprised because it's interesting. ㅋㅋ Seriously, I didn't have any expectations on this... Time flew by so quickly. ㅋㅋ

6. [+63,-9]
Lee Roo Da is so refreshing. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I've chosen you for Wednesdays and Thursdays. ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+45,-6]
Looks like this is the only drama that is interesting from KBS this year. Wow, who's the scriptwriter? Daebak. I really think that the dramas I've watched are childish and boring, so I've switched dramas. I didn't have much expectations for this one, but this one is really no joke. 

8. [+26,-1]
I've enjoyed watching Jugglers, so I was a little sad that her chemistry with Kang Ji Hwan-ssi isn't really there. But it seems like the genre of this drama isn't strong on romance. It's fun. Like the actors said, office employees would be able to relate to this. Baek Jin Hee-ssi is the best as expected. I didn't really care about Gong Myung-ssi, but he fits that role well. He's cute. I hope this continues to be interesting. The combination of time loop and office work is fresh. 

cr

Ok, now I've watched the first episode I have some thoughts. Turns out they echo most of those Naver comments above.

It's definitely more of an office/comedy than a romantic/comedy, and that's fine by me, we're getting enough of that elsewhere.

The dynamic between the boss and his long suffering team is excellent and very believable. There's a lot of comedy to mine there and I'm sure we'll learn more about each of the team as the story develops. 

I love the fact that while it's a time loop set up, we're not stuck in a single day, and there's going to be this random element regarding how or why a day moves forward or not. In this first episode trying to save the boss didn't help, she needed to understand and help her colleague. More of that please!

Seeming the boss die in a series of more and more ridiculous accidents was brilliant, the scooter and manhole ones being my personal favourites.

I'm sure the show will learn more heavily on changing the boss, however the way it started with our female lead learning to change how she sees things and reacts was really interesting. The manager's comments to his boss regarding each of his team could be a big hint as to how each will need to grow over the series.

His insight into the female lead was that she's passive, she's reached a comfortable level in work and isn't trying to develop or stretch herself. We could see this in how many loops it took her to actually step in and help her colleague with the child who had allergies. She knew after the first loop how to fix that situation, but let it play out the same way time after time. I liked that though as it's a different reaction to the time loop setup where the main character normally starts experimenting with all their different reaction to the people around them. She was only focused on one thing, saving the boss at the end of the day and not using the loop to improve both her day and that of everyone around her.

Oh, and side note, how awesome and hilarious was it to see and hear Won-Hae Kim as the train driver? Is he contractually obligated to appear in every K-Drama these days?:lol:

Ok, to wrap up, I really enjoyed this first episode and can't wait to see how the time loops and movements mess with our lead and her team!

47 minutes ago, unhelpful said:

Oh, and side note, how awesome and hilarious was it to see and hear Won-Hae Kim as the train driver? Is he contractually obligated to appear in every K-Drama these days?:lol:

YES.. It was only his lower side of the face was shown with his voice in the background. BUT IT'S HIM..!! :o He was in the previous KBS2 drama "The Ghost Detective" & he has about 10 dramas in 2018.!! WOW... He must be the busiest person in the world to appear in 10 dramas at once..!!! :o Or is he a ghost..???!! :D Now the whole world knows him even by a single glance..!!

Archived