[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, selenette said:

A bit sad when crews post how tired they are from the shooting that last until dawn. Here's to their being appreciated. 

Was it due to being live shooting? Some of the kids also did shooting 

http://sccdn.chosun.com/news/html/2018/12/18/2018121801001252600091401.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201812180100125260009140&ServiceDate=20181218

@jenappelle Yep, I've noticed that the crew keeps counting down the days. The low rating doesn't exactly boost morale. The looming shadows of successful Chief Kim and Jugglers, lurking in the corner, overwhelm the team. 

@nohamahamoud2002 

In the webtoon

Spoiler

Mr Baek told Kang Mi-ro that Roo-da only loved him (Kang), and he decided not to pursue a relationship with her. 

Unless the drama chooses to go down the exact same route as the webtoon, your idea is plausible.

27 minutes ago, selenette said:

@jenappelle Yep, I notice that the crew keeps counting down the days. The low rating doesn't exactly boost morale. The looming shadows of succesful Chief Kim and Jugglers, lurking in the corner, overwhelm the team. 

I think its broadcasted at the wrong time and current trend is different. I hope that KJH and BJH will get good roles down the road as I am a fan of both. Its a pity as I felt that their acting and chemistry is great and I really want to see them collaborate in future. I hope they noticed that the comments they have got from korean and overseas are very positive. KJH has been praised by knetz, cnetz and inetz excessively. Maybe this drama has low ratings but I hope it will lead them to bigger roles, including all the supporting cast and the writer.

Edit1: KJH mentioned at the beginning due to the nature of time loop, the shooting process are more tiring vs other shootings as they need to retake scenes again. So it might be that too.

Edit: I think KJH will be fine. Ups and downs are expected for a veteran actor. I enjoy his role in COLG but he really blew me away in this. Not once did I think that he is the detective from COLG. I really felt that he enjoys this role very much, pour his heart into it and relish in playing all aspects of a very complex character ie BJS including the insanity, intelligence, loneliness of BJS. It may be hell too for the actor if he plays a character he doesnt like despite having good ratings. I appreciate that he respects his role rather than just honing in a mediocre performance. I have noticed that his micro emotions are handled so well. There is a few scenes where you noticed that BJS as a character has developed into a crush before that infamous episode. 

In the long run the actors would have gain from a better sceipt and drama rather than taking those that may have good ratings, but eventually the crowd gets bored with them.

Btw Daum Cafe has been trying to design a cake for the cast to support them. Perhaps we should write a thank you letter?

49 minutes ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 

In the webtoon

Mr Baek told Kang Mi-ro that Roo-da only loved him (Kang), and he decided not to pursue a relationship with her. 

Unless the drama chooses to go down the exact same route as the webtoon, your idea is plausible

Well this sounds so good because it means BJS left the choice for Ruda. It seems Ruda herself is divided between the two men. She could not analyze her feelings toward BJS. Especially in the hospital scene when she hugged him. (This scene is not found in the webtoon).

As the webtoon is 60 chapters I couldn't read all of it but from what I read I noticed that Ruda never had any feelings for BJS. In  the drama they have some tender moments together. Do you think the writer will use those feelings as a part in the plot?

1 hour ago, selenette said:

Yes, @jenappelle perhaps we should write a thank you letter to express gratitude and support.

@nana.yahxd Could you help us compose one in Korean, please? 

I completely agree. You mentioned earlier about the low ratings, but it's receiving pretty good feedback abroad. It might be a difficult time for the drama since it's fighting against other big name dramas like Encounter and Memories of Alhambra on the other channels.

I hope that the cast doesn't let this drag them down. They should know that international fans and domestic fans love their drama! I personally haven't watched one that's made me this happy or intrigued in a really long while! A letter would be amazing to boost morale for the cast! Please update!

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

For me the most troubling part is when chief travel the loop time alone while trying to save RD. It did sounds very lonely without her as compliance like before. It distressed me so much, compare to his love failure.  

@Lawyerh Yes, it upsets me too whenever I read those parts (three times! I must've tortured myself in doing so). He is rejected and that's Roo-da's prerogative. However, the portrayal of his subsequent loneliness lingers with me to this day. 

@xprosperity It pains me that the crew posted in their ig that "it annoys them" to live shoot. "D-9 etc etc" But perhaps their welfare is not so good, and, being involved in the day-to-day production, they're not as immersed in the story as we are. 

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Exactly. If it were me, i cant imagine hugging colleague i dont fancy. And the hug she did is the "clinging so close" type of hug. Unless youre in western countries or being with them, where hugging is a hello or normal courtesy. Then its acceptable in that case. 

I'd never hug my coworker THAT hard, unless I may either love them romantically, hinting that I love them or I really owe them...

13 minutes ago, selenette said:

@Lawyerh Yes, it upsets me too whenever I read those parts (three times! I must've tortured myself in doing so). He is rejected and that's Roo-da's prerogative. However, the portrayal of his subsequent loneliness lingers with me to this day. 

@xprosperity It pains me that the crew posted in their ig that "it annoys them" to live shoot. "D-9 etc etc" But perhaps their welfare is not so good, and, being involved in the day-to-day production, they're not as immersed in the story as we are. 

That's quite true. If I were in their shoe, I'd be quite tired too. And plus, we're on the receiving end so we don't know the script bit for them, it's different. They already know the entire story and how it's going to play out, so of course it's going to annoy them.

12 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

I'd never hug my coworker THAT hard, unless I may either love them romantically, hinting that I love them or I really owe them...

@xprosperityYep. I've never even hugged my female coworkers, period. Maybe it's because of our age gap and my introvertedness.

But a male coworker, or superior? Never. 

In the webtoon, whenever Roo-da initiates a skinship it's always decidedly unromantic and Mr Baek senses that. 

1 minute ago, selenette said:

@xprosperityYep. I've never even hugged my female coworkers, period. Maybe it's because of our age gap and my introvertedness.

But a male coworker? Never. 

In the webtoon, whenever Roo-da initiates a skinship it's always decidedly unromantic and Mr Baek senses that. 

Indeed. I've never hugged a male coworker or initiated any type of skinship in any way... Also likely due to introverted personality, perhaps... :sweatingbullets:  Ahhh, I just hope they're endgame. 

2 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

Indeed. I've never hugged a male coworker or initiated any type of skinship in any way... Also likely due to introverted personality, perhaps... :sweatingbullets:  Ahhh, I just hope they're endgame. 

Even when my most outgoing female coworker hugs a male one, it is never in a clinging embrace like Roo-da's. One can argue that it's fiction, and a fantasy one at that, but from the social context of Asian corporate culture it doesn't make sense. 

If Roo-da actually has feelings for Jin-sang, but she won't pursue a romantic relationship with him out of her reluctance, loyalty to Joon-ho etc etc, that's fine.

But if somehow she is portrayed as having no feelings whatsoever for him yet still embraces him that way, for me it's bad writing. 

@LawyerhJin-sang's question about Roo-da's embrace makes me happy because she, in turn, questioned herself afterwards. She rarely reflects on her own feelings and emotions. 

Screenshot-20181218-112443.jpg

As we could see here, after Jin-sang confessed to her, she was dizzy and blown away. 

In the webtoon

Spoiler

Mr Baek couldn't confess and in the imagined scenarios of his confession, she was always appalled and unhappy. 

Even it’s fiction but compare to other K-dramas and RD’s relationship with her current boyfriend Kang, that hug is still an abnormal skinship B)

And i dont think it’s bad writing at all, bc the scene was highlighted in the episode and even the preview. RD also had a follow up thought on why she did that! So it’s the writer intention.

In my opinion, writernim did that not only to tease the audience but also to give a chance for BJS and RD. The writer would not change everything about their personalities and interactions if not for them to match better (romantically) with each other. BJS is younger, less annoyed and selfish (or even selfless), deep down is a good and rational person who has strong principles. RD is not a romance seeking type but more striking for equality type, she instinctively care a lot about BJS and is willing to drop everthing to help him. Kang is immature and later selfish (he didnt improve much till now).

I do think writernim adores JS a lot (not like the author of webtoon, who favors RD and feels it would be miserable for her to end up with JS) so the end of drama will not be bad for BJS, for sure. I think he will eventually get the happiness, even it’s not with RD. And for me, that’s enough :D

In the new still cuts, i see the well dressed JS is back :wub:

Based on the pictures, he’s not a noble idiot at all and i’m so glad for that. BJS is always a man with logic so i guess he will try to temporarily forget the pain and focus on his mission of rescuing RD.

Fighting BJS!

@Lawyerh haha, i’m the type “all or nothing”, you knew that :lol:

Archived