Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Characters  posters and translated description

Kang Bok Soo

INOTGh2.jpg

Son Soo Jung

QBhxFxh.jpg

Oh Se Ho - a newly appointed chairman

He is a pretty boy with a soft face who has always a smile. He was born with a gold spoon in his mouth but he grew up without any comfort because he grew up like a frog on a hot iron plat, roasted by his mother. From his childhood he has been in a chauffered car , only knew Bok Soo from outside the car window. So he grew a complex as he desired to be like Bok Soo who had fun playing and was happy all the time.  He wants to give Bok Soo the despair that he is enduring. However,  it is even worse for him to hate Bok Soo as he is the only warm heart he has. He made Oh Se Ho hate himself.

From that day on, Seho went to study abroad and lived his life as hard as he could. He grew up proudly with his own efforts and gained covering the darkness of his heart. The second time he met Kang Bok Soo, the later  was still living without thinking . He called him to come to Seol Songo because he aimed to use Kang Bok Soo to push his mother away. However  he lured himself as Kang Bok Soo does not obey him at his discretion.

The characters description ends with

"People still don't know the true nature of Se-ho and gradually cheer on Kang's fantasy. I can't stand it like this. This time, you have to beat Kang at all costs. at all costs " 

0oVuiPy.jpg

Spoiler

Kang Bok Soo's stalker - Yang Min Ji

She is described as a self-assertive stalker. She came to school one year later because she was forced to transfer after she had taken a leave for sickness. When her new classmates knew about that, they laughed at her. Bok Soo became the prince of her life when he saw how sad she was and worried about her. 

Despite her hard efforts to attract BS's attention, she is weak, cannot fight or drink. She has a talent for investigation with stalker-like focus and persistence. Upon BS's request after his decision to return to school,  she followed him and displayed this talent 

Qt7RQ8t.jpg

Lee Kyun Hyun

He is the described as the greatest helper to Kang Bok Soo. He is like a second mother to him who takes care of him when Kang Bok Soo causes accidents. He has a selective thinking ability and doesn't  study. He is the "brain " of Kang Bok Soo. When the two work together, you don't know what will happen but the result is always good. Like Kang Bok Soo, he was raised by  his sister. 

He is a born merchant who quickly calculate and has a good sense of sales skills. His heart is taken by Yang Min Ji. Together with Kang Bok Soo, he returns to school and for him the school is a new market.

o61f0kV.jpg

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/mystrangehero/

The wikipedia page is up ! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Strange_Hero

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thank you guys for updating on promo stuff that is coming our way :)  So based on article and teaser i think that wedding scene is not his weeding. Consider he is doing stuff that people is asking him to do, I think someone asked him to crash a weeding. I can be wrong tough. But this make me breath a little better. I can already imagine the comedy coming from this :P Also looking forward to wacky but funny Soo Jung :sweatingbullets:  Seems like the there gonna be comedy, but also some dark element in it to touch our heart.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 9/5/2018 at 6:07 AM, Berou said:

Same here, I only participate in YSH's drama threads, sometimes I post on other threads but I end up stop posting.  I hope too,  I guess other IANAR folks and his other fans will come later. I should perhaps tag some of them to make them come out. @vangsweetie637 @soara @hyania @maj_loves @miye0n @paperboat04 @Unicaunnisansu  @2handsintertwined @2016moana @ferily  @findit  @evie7  @hiriena02  @sanaeozora

@sakura2016 became the victim of my nagging and rants :lol:. I'm sorry to her. Everytime a casting news came out, I went  to her for ranting, wondering why YSH was refusing to come back. Trust me. Even though it is a revenge drama with a highschool background, it is still  light in terms of " YSH's dark and melo" dramas. The melos he did before were full of drama, anguish and tears. He cried or had an anguished expression in every scene. Bullying is a sensitive topic and viewers might feel uncomfortable watching characters getting bullied, but we don't know what the writer has in mind for the plot. Maybe the drama won't touch on the bullying issue. 

Thanks for tagging me @Berou... sorry for the long relply. I just settle with my daily live again since the big earthquake, tsunami and liquefaction hit my town in september...

Can't wait for the new drama. The teasers look promising...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hyania said:

Thanks for tagging me @Berou... sorry for the long relply. I just settle with my daily live again since the big earthquake, tsunami and liquefaction hit my town in september...

Can't wait for the new drama. The teasers look promising...

Annyeong ! :) I'm very happy to see you here. Aww I hope you and your family are well now. That mush have been a devastating experience to see your city, your home and your belongings being destroyed by Mother Nature. Hugs to you hug-smiley-face.gif?1302011379

Today SBS didn't give us any new promo material. The crew is filming in Paju today and it has snowed. Despite the cold weather, YSH wore slippers

A few days ago actress Park Ah In (playing Yang Min Ji, Bok Soo's stalker) received a coffee truck support from actor Im Won Hee. She previously starred in Mr Sunshine drama, in the role of Go Ae Sun (Go Ae Shin's sister )

Another instagram post of hers

• Like 7

Fan edits 

Wc4apix.gif

Credits : YSH DC

ZreWSTN.gif

Credits: YSH DC

dTkmtkX.gif

Credits : yooseunghofancafe0817

• Like 6

lFGYz20.gif

0XitQAf.jpg

VbChJlG.gif

Cr: YSH DC 

• Like 7

Pog2eFs.gif

oyHdDYP.gif

KPYQGzF.gif

Cr : YSH DC 

• Like 6

9a7dd926dae945199fe52c381ae1cdb1.jpeg?s=

Kwak Dong Yeon Is A Charismatic Chairman In “My Strange Hero”

Nov 26, 2018
by J. Lee

The production team of “My Strange Hero” revealed new photos of Kwak Dong Yeon as the chairman of Seolsong High School’s board of directors.

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama, “My Strange Hero” will tell the story of Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), who gets expelled from school due to false accusations of him being a perpetrator of school violence. He returns to school as an adult and plans revenge, but gets swept up in a series of other incidents. The drama will tell the quirky but warm romance that Kang Bok Soo experiences.

Kwak Dong Yeon will play Oh Se Ho, the childhood friend of Kang Bok Soo and the current chairman of Sulsong High School’s board of directors. This will be Kwak Dong Yeon’s first villain role following his debut. Although Oh Se Ho is a man with a soft appearance and a gentle smile, he has a feeling of love, hate, and inferiority towards Kang Bok Soo, because Kang Bok Soo was always happy even though he was not gdod at studying. The two will be in conflict after Kang Bok Soo returns to school as an adult and tackles Oh Se Ho’s beliefs as the chairman who runs the school.

The revealed photos show the dark and charismatic charms of Kwak Dong Yeon playing the bad guy.

Kwak-Dong-Yeon.jpg

Kwak Dong Yeon said, “The filming is very fun. I hope all viewers can experience the warm and healing powers of the drama. I’m trying very hard to bring out the sympathy of viewers by portraying Oh Se Ho as perfectly as possible. We are all trying very hard. Please look forward to our drama.”

The production team of the drama also stated, “Kwak Dong Yeon will show completely different images from what he has shown before in his previous works. He is surprising us by being perfectly synchronized with his character. We are sure that this character will be a new and notable role.”

“My Strange Hero” will premiere on December 10, and you can watch the drama on Viki soon. Check out the latest trailer below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1269301wpp/kwak-dong-yeon-charismatic-chairman-strange-hero

• Like 5

Translation of the teaser

( Kang Bok Soo, save me !!!!)

"It is not me, why would I push him ? "

(I will wait for you, Kang Bok Soo)
"You know I did not do it, why are you  lying!"

(You are 18, .... you can't run away )
"It's really been a long time. It's been 9 nine years. I will make you regret as I'm back "

There are two lines I didnt understand,  I translated what I could.

ULsQwC7.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/11/26/the-very-pretty-three-leads-of-sbs-drama-my-strange-hero-show-off-complementary-charms/

• Like 4

Been MIA coz I took a break from Dramaland...should be on board with this drama.  Not sure why detractors are against YSH taking up lighter roles.  It suits his age.  He was cast in dark roles post military where he was depressed and moody most of the time.  Didn't he mention that IANAR was a breath of fresh air for him to act with someone his age for a change and in a role that didn't leave him all morose and downcast most of filming?  I feel like people typecast and pigeon hole actors into rom coms or melo and then decide if they watch or not.  Totally neglecting the fact that if an actor is versatile then he should be able to move between genres at a whim and leave audiences enthralled regardless.  I completely understand if some just find rom coms too fluffy and decide not to even tune in, but please keep an open mind, there are others who appreciate lighter entertainment.  For me, as long as the story makes sense and the leads do a decent job of emoting, I don't mind either way.  He's young, he should be playing all these lighter roles now when he has the chance to.  Older, darker roles can be picked up later when he matures and gets to be too old to be taken seriously in rom coms.

Although from the synopsis I feel like whilst it sounds very rom com like, there seems to be an undercurrent of deeper issues at play which will probably call upon the leads to delve deeper into their databank of emotions to bring about a more nuanced character.  I like the fact that Neruda's poem has been used as an appetizer.  I hope it's the case of still waters run deep in this drama.  I am a bit tentative about the rookie writer though but am willing to give her (?) a chance.  Everyone's gotta start somewhere. :)

• Like 2

1f62f0fab9574c208752e2a940516f4c.jpeg?s=

Watch: Yoo Seung Ho Returns To School For Revenge In Intense “My Strange Hero” Teaser

Nov 27, 2018
by Y. Shin

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has dropped another trailer!

“My Strange Hero” is about a man named Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), who returns to his old school to enact revenge after he was expelled as a student due to a false and terrible accusation. However, he soon becomes entangled again with his first love from that time, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

In the clip, Kang Bok Soo is seen on a rooftop with a fellow male student. As the male student falls off the edge of the rooftop, he screams, “Kang Bok Soo, save me!” The scene then switches to one where Kang Bok Soo is surrounded by students and the police. He desperately shouts, “It really wasn’t me. Why would I push him?!”

Kang Bok Soo then tearfully asks, “You know it wasn’t me. Why’d you lie?!” as clips of Son Soo Jung sitting in class flash by.

Later, Kang Bok Soo returns to his school as he narrates, “It’s been a long time. Has it been nine years? All of you are going to regret the fact that I came back.”

My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available on Viki. Check out the trailer below.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1269901wpp/watch-yoo-seung-ho-returns-school-revenge-intense-strange-hero-teaser

• Like 4

@nrllee the issue obviously comes from on which side fans are. If I were a pure selfish fan, I would have said that I want to see YSH only in roles/genres in which he is the best at. When you have those  needs, you don't really care about the actors' well-being or if the filming of heavy dramas took a toll on their health. You want the best entertainment,  that's it. I am a YSH fan, prefer melo other rom com but I reckon he should go out of his comfort zone and try out other genres. I really hope this time he will get praises from koreans for his rom com skills since they didn't even watch his previous one. I'm glad in a sense the low ratings of ianar didn't prevent him to pick up this one. It would have been unfortunate if IANAR was his only rom com. Thus I hope he tries out next time action/ fantasy /horror/ crime/ slice of life dramas and get praises for those too. 

And seeing rom coms as lower dramas than melo dramas is absolute nonsense. There is no  superior genre in dramas. Both genres are successful in their own ways. 

New teaser

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has dropped another trailer!

o9.png

Recently, the production crew of the upcoming SBS drama My Strange Hero / Revenge is Back will be releasing a second teaser for the main protagonist, Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah.

My Strange Hero is a humorous, romantic comedy about a guy named Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), whose life has become worse after being accused of violently bullying his students. and expelled. Years later, as an adult, he decides to return to the school to seek revenge. However, Kang Bok Soo was caught up in a sudden incident and met up first love Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

At the beginning of the video, Kang Bok Soo was in a black and white background, his face lightly on the school grounds. He remembered the scene when he was on the terrace with another male student. As he was about to fall off the terrace, the student shouted, “Kang Bok Soo, save me!” Next, the scene moved to the classroom corridor, Kang Bok Soo was surrounded by police and students. He desperately screamed, “It’s not me. Why did I push him?

At this time he saw his girlfriend – Son Soo Jung sat in class in the classroom, Kang Bok Soo distressed ran, eyes tearfully asked: “You know that is not me. Why are you lying? ” Later, Kang Bok Soo returned to his school and said, “It’s been a long time. Is it nine years already? You will really regret when I come back. ” Through this short teaser, audiences can also guess that Kang Bok Soo not only wanted to revenge the people who caused him pain, including the first love – who did not reveal the truth about the rooftop incident.

As expected, My Strange Hero will be released at 10pm (KST) on December 10th.

http://www.muzdrama.com/3333-2/

Edited by Berou
  • Like 5

@Berou yes I think he shines in melo roles. I feel like he was so anxious to break out of that "child actor" stereotype that he took on darker roles early just to prove his mettle and 'grew up' (was forced to) before it was time. But he does melo roles beautifully.  Even in IANAR, the moments where he was welling up or shattered were the times when I felt he came alive on screen. Whilst IANAR didn't do well in Korea I believe it was a big hit overseas though?  And now that audiences are used to him in melo dramas they feel like he's almost taking a step back doing lighter roles?  But I agree, all that melo can't be healthy mentally in the long run.  You need a bit of light hearted humour and fun to balance it out.

The most recent teaser seems to hint at a darker side to this drama. It doesn't sound all comedic?  Too soon to tell but I think he will have the chance to showcase the full range of emotions.  It doesn't sound all fluffy.  Jo BoAh is an up and coming actress so I have high hopes they will hit it off and the loveline will play out as it should and not be a lopsided affair when it comes to acting.  Not long to wait now. :)

• Like 3

@nrllee IANAR did really well overseas. When he was still a child actor, he played characters way older than him. It didn't really work out well. Of course when you are used to him performing brilliantly in emotional scenes, taking lighter roles can be considered a step back. But a good actor should be able to play in whatever genre and leave us breathless with his acting. Being extremely good at comedy is harder than what people think. You need to have a good sense of timing.

Even with rom coms, you can still expect him to play in darker ones. This one has some tragedy too. It looks a bit darker than IANAR, so I would say cautiously the tone would rather be serious, with inserted comedy scenes. Thus I think everyone will end up being satisfied since the drama has a bit of everything : comedy, action, a plot with substance, emotional scenes, romance. The writer, the director and the editing team have a tough job to make it as a cohesive drama and make not viewers feel watching a disjointed drama. I also think he will have the chance to showcase the wide range of his acting. The pairing looks  good. Moreover, JBA has finally got her wish to act with YSH granted  :lol:.  13 days are left !! 

• Like 3

:ph34r:

...Is it time to de-lurk?? 

I admit, I had some doubts when the first few teasers came out, but I got really excited when they showed the comedic parts that I was actually clapping. I'm quite confident that there will be a lot of substance to the story (fingers crossed the viewers will see that too), but not too cheesy, I hope.

Coming from his last drama, of course I want this one to be an unexpected hit, but I've realized that it wouldn't matter anyway if YSH didn't get some sort of satisfaction from the project like he did post-INAR. The way he talked about that drama, I could tell he wished it did better, but at the same time it didn't really matter as much as the things he took away from it. After INAR, he was practically blooming; I think what really mattered then was that he thought he had done well (and he did do more than well). Although I wasn't around yet before 2017, based on what I've read and watched so far, yes, ratings are important for him, but not as much as how he thought of the project itself looking back: was he more proud or regretful? 

Sorry I went on for too long. In short, I'm just so excited because YSH is back!!

• Like 4

Tragedy and accusations begin in Revenge Returns

by tineybeanie

rr_ysh9.jpg

Another teaser is out for Revenge Returns, the high school sweethearts-turned-enemies drama, starring Yoo Seung-ho (I’m Not a Robot) and Jo Boa (Temperature of Love). Yoo Seung-ho plays Kang Bok-soo (literal translation: strong revenge), who is expelled from school when he’s framed as the perpetrator of a serious assault charge. Years later, he comes back to school to take his revenge on all the people who wronged him, including his first love, Jo Boa’s character.

The teaser starts out with the tragic fall of a student off the school rooftop as he shouts “Save me!” to Yoo Seung-ho. However, no one was around them, and it appears that everyone believes Yoo Seung-ho pushed the student off the roof. He desperately denies it, and we see flashback cuts of happier times of him with Jo Boa who clearly expresses her interest in him.

So when he’s accused, he goes to the one person he thinks will believe him, Jo Boa. But she doesn’t even look in his direction as he tries to push past the crowds, saying “You know it’s not me. Why are you lying?”

Spoiler

An adult’s voice cuts in, harshly reminding Yoo Seung-ho of his reality now: “You’re still only a kid running from his past. An eighteen year old kid.” Perhaps those words planted a seed of determination in Yoo Seung-ho because we see him going back to the school where he was expelled despite Jo Boa’s taunts against him.

At the end of the teaser, the two meet again at the same school rooftop. Yoo Seung-ho greets Jo Boa brightly, “It’s been a long time. Has it been 9 years?” but inside, he’s thinking, “You’re going to regret that I’ve returned.”

Full article http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/tragedy-and-accusations-begin-in-revenge-returns/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3