Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

So he wasn’t expelled because of the vandalism but because of someone’s death??? That changes the tone of the drama. That sounds way more serious.

• Like 6

From the teaser it looks more like a romantic melodrama than a romantic comedy. I hope we will get BS's POV teaser,  the narration is perhaps going to be different as he is on a revenge mission against SJ.

Transcription  of SJ's narration :

그 나이였다. 시가 날 찾아왔다.
모른다, 그게 어디서 왔는지 모른다.
언제 어떻게 왔는지 모르겠다.
"송수정 선생님!"
난 뭐라고 해야 할지 몰랐다. 
내 입은 이름 부를 줄 도무지 못했고
눈멀었으면 무언가 내 영혼 속에서 뭔가 시작되여 있었다..
그렇게 내 심장은 나부꼈다.
너와 내가 있었던 곳..
복수가 돌아왔다. .

Translation :

It was that age .  Poems/ poetry came to me

I do not know, I do not know where it came from.

from winter or a river

I do not know when and how.

"Teacher Song Soo Jung!"

I did not know what to say.

I couldn't possibly call it by a name.

I was blind, something had started in my soul.

So my heart beat like that.

Where you and I were ...

Bok Soo comes back. .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Script reading  video 

By the way, SJ's narration is actually from a poem called, poetry, and written by Pablo Neruda. Here is the full poem

And it was at that age . . . poetry arrived
in search of me. I don't know, I don't know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I don't know how or when,
no, they were not voices, they were not
words, not silence,
but from a street it called me,
from the branches of night,
abruptly from the others,
among raging fires
or returning alone,
there it was, without a face,
and it touched me.

I didn't know what to say, my mouth
had no way
with names,
my eyes were blind.
Something knocked in my soul,
fever or forgotten wings,
and I made my own way,
deciphering
that fire,
and I wrote the first, faint line,
faint, without substance, pure
nonsense,
pure wisdom
of someone who knows nothing;
and suddenly I saw
the heavens
unfastened
and open,
planets,
palpitating plantations,
the darkness perforated,
riddled
with arrows, fire, and flowers,
the overpowering night, the universe.

And I, tiny being,
drunk with the great starry
void,
likeness, image of
mystery,
felt myself a pure part
of the abyss.
I wheeled with the stars.
My heart broke loose with the wind

http://www.doctorhugo.org/synaesthesia/neruda.html

SBS uploaded the teaser on youtube

Spoiler

• Like 6

be2ef28e39764e2a9d904e2c8b17483c.jpeg?s=

Watch: “My Strange Hero” Shares Energetic Script Reading With Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, And More

Nov 20, 2018
by C. Hong

SBS’s upcoming drama “My Strange Hero” has revealed the video from its script read-through with the full cast!

“My Strange Hero” stars Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Bok Soo, a boy expelled from school after being falsely accused of violence against other students. When he returns years later to the school as a teacher to enact his revenge, he becomes entangled again with his first love, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

The video from the script reading are spliced together with teaser footage from the actual filming, with Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah both showing off their acting range. About his character, Yoo Seung Ho says, “He has lived his life for others, but through the drama he will learn to face the pain of the past.”

The supporting cast, who play Kang Bok Soo’s friends and other teachers at the school, played up to their characters’ charismatic or comedic sides, according to their roles.

“My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available on Viki!

Check out the lively script read-through below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266323wpp/watch-strange-hero-reveals-video-energetic-script-reading-yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ah

21e3daace4ea428d9ba9b2ccc2b5702a.jpeg?s=

Watch: Yoo Seung Ho And Jo Bo Ah’s Love Story Reveals A Troubled Past In “My Strange Hero” Teaser

Nov 20, 2018
by C. Hong

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has dropped its first trailer!

“My Strange Hero” is about a man named Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), who returns to his old school as a teacher to enact revenge after he was expelled from the school as a student due to a false and terrible accusation. However, he soon becomes entangled again with his first love from that time, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

The teaser is lit like a romantic movie, but shows flashbacks from Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah’s troubled past. As Jo Bo Ah narrates lines from Pablo Neruda’s poem “Poetry,” Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah are shown as students sharing sweet moments on the roof. However, when a student ends up falling from the same place, it tears their lives apart.

At the very end, the two characters, now adults, reunite on the school roof where so much of their school life took place.

“My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available on Viki. Check out the trailer below

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266335wpp/watch-yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ahs-love-story-reveals-troubled-past-strange-hero-teaser

• Like 7

c24d503b0da64827afc4cabfdef29b80.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho Has Fun Playing Basketball In “My Strange Hero”

Nov 21, 2018
by Y. Shin

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has released new stills of Yoo Seung Ho!

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), who returns to his old school as a teacher to enact revenge after he was expelled from the school as a student due to false accusations. However, he soon becomes entangled again with his first love from that time, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

In the released stills, Yoo Seung Ho wears a hoodie under a sports jersey as he plays basketball under the shining sun. He shoots three-pointers, dribbles the basketball across the court, and wears a bright smile on his face as he plays with the other students. Although he might not be a perfect student, Bok Soo still excels at everything else and is Seol Song High School’s most popular student.

yoo-seung-ho-1.jpg

In order to shoot this basketball game scene, Yoo Seung Ho had filmed at a high school located in Incheon on October 20. Before beginning rehearsals, he warmed up his body and gave it his all. Although the day was quite cold and filming took a long time, he didn’t show any signs of feeling tired, and instead put on a big smile, causing the atmosphere on set to be delightful.

yoo-seung-ho-21.jpg

The production staff stated, “Yoo Seung Ho is romantic at times, cool at others, and sometimes takes in Bok Soo’s masculine image perfectly. We will reaffirm ‘nation’s boyfriend’ Yoo Seung Ho’s reputation once again through ‘My Strange Hero.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266801wpp/yoo-seung-ho-fun-playing-basketball-strange-hero

• Like 8

Woah the poem sounds deep. Pretty much depicts connection of souls... Probably referring to JBA's character's and Bok Soo's hearts being together despite the problems and distances....Yoo Seung Ho is such a professional.Never lets anything affect the shooting #Respect.

• Like 6

484b40a6487d4d0ea4a80e758549ebdb.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seon Ho Talks About Acting In Yoo Seung Ho And Jo Bo Ah’s Upcoming Drama

Nov 21, 2018
by J. Lee

Yoo Seon Ho recently opened up for an interview and photo shoot with @star1 magazine.

He is cast in Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah‘s upcoming drama, “My Strange Hero.” He will play the role of Yoo Si On, a boy who looks pretty on the outside but who is actually tough and macho-like on the inside. He showed confidence by saying, “It’s my first time being in a traditional drama, so I have studied a lot. I think I’m improving as I am preparing for this drama.”

Yoo-Seon-Ho-2.jpg

(...) 

Omitted unrelated parts

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266827wpp/yoo-seon-ho-talks-acting-yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ahs-upcoming-drama

So they are shooting the posters now ? :w00t: I've been waiting for them for ages. KDY looks really in school uniform :)

• Like 4

Revenge Returns releases new poetic teaser

by tineybeanie

revenghero0.jpg

A new teaser has been released for Yoo Seung-ho’s (I’m Not a Robot) upcoming drama Revenge Returns. Featuring Jo Boa (Temperature of Love) and Yoo Seung-ho, this drama is a rom-com about two childhood sweethearts who meet again when they are bitter enemies. The key incident that makes Yoo Seung-ho turn his back on Jo Boa is when he is accused of assault during his school days. She doesn’t stand up for him, and he ends up being expelled.

Years later, she, the once-model-student, is a struggling unemployed person who barely gets hired as a temp teacher at the high school she once attended. There, she meets Yoo Seung-ho again, and a whole bunch of hijinks occur. Surprisingly though, the teaser gave a much more melo, romantic feeling than I would expect from a comedy. Jo Boa narrates throughout as scenes of her and Yoo Seung-ho falling in love in high school are shown. Her lines are modified excerpts from Pablo Neruda’s Poetry:

“And it was at that age … Poetry arrived
in search of me. I don’t know, I don’t know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I don’t know how or when,”

“I did not know what to say, my mouth
had no way
with names,
my eyes were blind,
and something started in my soul…”

The pink, blush tone of the teaser evokes memories of first love and innocence, although there are glimpses of some tragedy in the teaser. And in the last scene, we see them meeting on the school rooftop again as adults.

Monday-Tuesday drama Revenge Returns begins to air on December 12 on SBS.

Spoiler

revenghero1.jpg

revenghero4.jpg

Spoiler

revenghero2.jpg

revenghero3.jpg

revenghero5.jpg

revenghero6.jpg

revenghero7.jpg

revenghero8.jpg

revenghero9.jpg

revenghero10.jpg

revenghero11.jpg

revenghero12.jpg

revenghero13.jpg

revenghero14.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/revenge-returns-releases-new-poetic-teaser

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

New stills 

201811220919360410_1_20181122092132888.j

201811220919360410_2_20181122092132898.j

201811220919360410_3_20181122092132904.j

Spoiler

201811220919360410_4_20181122092132911.j

201811220919360410_5_20181122092132917.j

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000019805

Translated excerpt : " Yoo Seung-ho, who has been asked by someone to attend the dinner party instead, is actively working as a 'substitute man'. In the scene Kang Bok-su, dressed in a cute bow-tie and a neat white & black tuxedo, is enjoying a luxurious meal. Moreover, Bok Su eating with a mouth full of food gives off a lovely mump with a an embarrassed look as he saw someone at the opposite side. Above  all, Kang Bok Su , who has always been a "boyfriend" with attractive casual attire, is wearing a neat tuxedo that gives off a unique charm . Attention is focused on what Bok Su will be requested in the drama and what will happen at dinner. 

The scene of Yoo Seung-ho was filmed on October 18 at a set in Tanhyeon-myeon, Paju. When he arrived at the shooting set, he was surprised and intrigued by the luxurious setting as well as various prepared meals. Yoo Seung Ho , who couldn't keep his eyes off the delicious food, immediately showed his passion for acting by focusing on the script, preparing not only for the other actors , but also for food. 

The production crew said Yoo Seung-ho, from "Little Hero" to "Dae Man" to "Lee So Nam," is also perfecting Kang's character, which boasts various charms "

• Like 8

a62bec973c824a77a6b446abb7186e62.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho Adorably Stuffs His Cheeks With Food In “My Strange Hero”

Nov 22, 2018
by Y. Shin

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has released more stills of Yoo Seung Ho!

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), a man who returns to his old school as a teacher to enact revenge after he was expelled from the school as a student due to false accusations. However, he soon becomes entangled again with his first love from that time, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

Although Kang Bok Soo had once been the “small hero” of Seol Song High School, after he is expelled, he becomes a “substitute man,” someone who takes on tasks in other people’s lives as long as he gets paid.

In the images, Kang Bok Soo is paid to attend a dinner party in place of someone else. Wearing a butterfly necktie and black tuxedo, Kang Bok Soo enjoys his fancy meal. He stuffs his mouth to the brim with food in a Bok Soo-like manner.

yoo-seung-ho-31.jpg

yoo-seung-ho-22.jpg

The rest of the photos show Bok Soo looking quite surprised after seeing someone at the opposite side of the table.

Spoiler

yoo-seung-ho-61.jpg

yoo-seung-ho1.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho filmed this dinner party scene last month in Paju. When he arrived on set, Yoo Seung Ho was apparently surprised by how fancy the food and set looked. When the staff begin to prepare for the scene, Yoo Seung Ho showed off his passionate acting as he listened carefully to the director’s instructions, communicated well with the other actors, and fixed his posture while eating.

The production staff stated, “Yoo Seung Ho will go from being a ‘little hero’ to a ‘replacement man’ to a ‘issue-inducing man. Through this drama, he will showcase different charms, and he is currently taking in Kang Bok Soo’s character perfectly. Yoo Seung Ho is sure to create an iconic character once again through the character of Kang Bok Soo.”

“My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here

https://www.soompi.com/article/1267543wpp/yoo-seung-ho-adorably-stuffs-cheeks-food-strange-hero

• Like 5

I love the teaseradmire-onion-head-emoticon.gifThank you @Berou and  @MrsYeoWoonfor posting it.

@0ly40Thank you for the relationship chart.

Sorry for the spam

revenghero5.jpg

I'm on board this ship ugly-chick-smiley-10.gif #delulushippersorrynotsorry even before this drama airs. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

@evie7 Why do you apologize ? When it comes to YSH,  spam doesn't exist :P.  It's for this same reason I copy-pasted the whole article of dramabeans. The screenshots were too beautiful ! Usually I only post an excerpt to incite readers to visit the blog, because I know these blogs live off traffic. By the way the relationship chart is a fan-made, not the official one. 

The teaser has raised the expecations. I didn't see poetry coming. Are we going to watch a drama based on poetry then ? If that's case  I won't care about the plot. The drama is going to not only be visually beautiful but also beautiful at hearing. I'm set for  two months to put  my litterature glasses on.  I bet Son Soo Jung is going to be a litterature teacher. According to her narration she discovered poetry when she fell in love with Bok Soo in high school ( I assume to communicate they used the language of love aka poetry :ph34r:). Years later she still reminisces about their past and reads books about poetry. Then I suppose she fell in love with poetry in her high school days and decided when she will be grown up she will do a job related to poetry.

New stills 

nTUr5Q8.jpg

lyAqQBN.jpg

bVWhwz8.jpg

Spoiler

vD3ZUXE.jpg

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000020285

Im going to wait for soompi to translate the article :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Naver Article about actress Kim Mi Kyung's role in my strange hero

201811230916257144_1_20181123091718979.j

In the drama, actress Kim Mi-kyung is the mother of  Kang Bok-soo (Yoo Seung-ho) . She never scolds her son,  who is at the bottom of the school ( i.e he is the worst student in the school )

Also, as the owner of the Chinese restaurant "Sojeonggak," Kim Mi-kyung plays the role of "Jeong Seung-Sun,"  a great cook who has a great personality .

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003140026

• Like 5

@evie7 No need for apologies:) 

So JBA's character seems crazy in a funny way, is strong and is probably gonna take the lead in relationship. Lol intresting. Her acting seems to be good in the teaser. Oppa looks cute as usual. Cant wait for december:)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

633a74297f654e77ae99bacc0f14eb4a.jpeg?s=

Jo Bo Ah Transforms Into The Ultimate First Love For “My Strange Hero”

Nov 23, 2018
by Y. Shin

SBS’s new drama “My Strange Hero” has released new stills of Jo Bo Ah!

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), a man who returns to his old school to enact revenge after he was expelled as a student due to false accusations. However, he soon becomes entangled again with his first love from that time, Son Soo Jung (Jo Bo Ah).

In the drama, Son Soo Jung is currently a short-term instructor at Seol Song High School. Although she had been the pretty and kind class president and the No. 1 student in her entire high school, Son Soo Jung now experiences the hardships of life with her housing rent, living expenses, teacher certification examination, and grandmother’s hospital fees. After she meets the student returnee Kang Bok Soo again, her life becomes more difficult.

In the photos, Jo Bo Ah wears a student uniform and wears her hair in a straight and long fashion. She smiles in some photos, and looks prim and proper in others.

jo-bo-ah.jpg

Jo Bo Ah filmed the scene where she showcases her “first love” charms on October 20 at a high school in Incheon. In order to perfect the scene, Jo Bo Ah, who usually sports a bob, wore her hair long and straight.

Jo Bo Ah remarked, “I’m doing my best on set to film each scene, which is so fun. I’m working hard to show various sides of myself for every scene. Please look forward to the emotional and lovely ‘My Strange Hero.'”

The production staff stated, “Jo Bo Ah always appears on set full of energy and never forgets to put on a smile. Due to this, the set becomes lively whenever Jo Bo Ah appears at the filming site. Please stay tuned for Jo Bo Ah who will capture viewers’ attention as she takes on the role of the cute, confident, and blunt Son Soo Jung.”

“My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1268045wpp/jo-bo-ah-transforms-ultimate-first-love-strange-hero

• Like 7