Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

@Berou What if the date scene isnt post that major conflict/ vandalization scene and JBA might just be comforting him after some random xyz fight/ accident he had? For all we know he might not be wearing regular uniform to impress JBA and this might  just be another regular day turned bad for him at school...

I also like speculating things. As for IANAR well less said the better. You already know I'm not a fan of his from that show. His older shows are way too close to my heart. I dont do romcoms  usually unless they are damn good. its only for Oppa that I made an exception and gave IANAR a try (now gonna give Bok Soo a chance). Anyways, my reaction was pretty much the same as yours. Everything was predictable and tbvh there wasnt much in that show to even predict so...:vicx:

P.S Which blogs you visited? I really really dont wanna sound negative here and though I'm here to support Oppa only but I dont have very good feelings about this show either. I just hope against hope that I turn out to be wrong and this show becomes a huge hit for him. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

YSH was seen in a coffee shop . Photos taken from CCTV. He is wearing the same clothes as in teaser 3

Edit : I deleted the picture  because YSH actually refused to take a picture when he was asked by the owner /the person who keeps the cafe. Credits : iloveyoo_

Then these pictures through CCTV shouldn't be spread by fans and the owner should have never posted it in the first place .

Actually while looking through instagram tags, I found something else. YSH filmed the wedding scene on november 14th, the owner of the wedding hall posted about it on instagram. 

@MrsYeoWoon that scene can come after the vandalization , it also can come before. They rarely film scenes in order. For example in historical dramas they film all scenes in one set because of the long distance between location shootings. Historical sites are all over the country and the crew spends months travelling back and forth.  I'd like still to know why sometimes he wears a hoodie, other times not. And SBS is trolling us a bit with all these teasers... they are not even related to revenge and bullying. Ive also noticed the change in the font style. I'm even more confused :lol:. We have two font styles but the official website uses the one I posted. The calligraphist is actually the one who also did the font style for Remember drama. 

The one used in trailers :

The one used by the official website

I've come up with some explanations about the "mysterious bride " teaser :

- like you've said LCY  was perhaps just a substitute 

-  LCY might make a special appearance. My theory is either she will team up with YSH for his revenge or YSH will use her to hurt JBA

-  Or perhaps YSH and her are already  engaged and about to be married when he decides to go back to school

The websites I usually visit are dramabeans, a koala's playground and soompi. Most of negative critics were in a koala's playground.  I think it is all up to the writer, a talented writer can make the most boring story interesting. And sometimes synopsis are misleading and don't really make us want to watch the drama. The safest option is to wait till the airing before jumping to any conclusion. There is at least one positive thing though,  I like the bright palette of colours used. It gives an extra layer of warmth and romance to the drama . The show will milk everything from the first love trope. And koreans are huge fans of first love stories ^_^. Thus, the cinematography plays also a part in ratings. For example the amazing cinematography in MrSunshine made up for the  very slow pace of the drama. Some fans watched the drama because it was filmed like a movie. 

Edited by Berou
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Characters (sorry its Google Translate):ph34r:

Kang Bok-soo:

"I'll be the thorn in your eyes!"

Neighborhood old Chinese house prescribed each sick. Since childhood, he has made a name for himself. Good-looking, good-fighting, and good-natured, Bok-soo was once a small hero of Sulgong-Go. I thought it was natural for female students who were enthusiastic even to enter the school, and Ojip was the Pacific Islander. I have no dreams, no hair to study, no money in my house, but that is what I am. It was a student who was happy to have lunch with his friends at lunch every day. The school was so venerable amusement park. One day, school violent perpetrators flocked to the juvenile court. 

Without knowing anything, the revenge was kicked out of school and I could not go back. Adult revenge is still good and still fighting well, but I lost a lot. When people and dogs were in trouble, the dogs were saved, and humans lost enough to save them. You become a relentless city man and live by receiving money instead of performing your favor. Now, never going to huguchoe never again, not seeing a person who fell in the river in front of me, I did not want to save money. Who knew that it was the first love of a crime-stricken fool and a fool's hand? 

The reunion that the revenge dreamed of starts with a tearful and repentant appearance, but I do not even know how sorry it is for the actual nannies. Even when we condemned the lack of courtesy to our ex-boyfriend and life saver, we have never even met. No, this woman laughs so much, gives it up, takes her lips up, takes her feet off? These scenarios were not predicted multiple. There were no such scenarios in which Oh Se-ho and Son Soo-jung worked together in a nerdy workshop. Do you think you will be free? 

The revenge is to live his life instead of being taken away. I go back to the school where I was kicked out, and I want to revenge my fingers and Oh Se-ho. However, the school is not the school where revenge was known. What is this place? Is this school? Why is this school with friends, teachers, memories, love and romance? The plural of Oji-kun that I have folded is also beginning to spread ... 

In the school, which is not an amusement park any more, in the unhappy children, what can the gentleman who is only the returning child of the old man do? Could the epic of a broken little hero be a happy ending story of a lost first love? 

Looking for the happiness of a strange school, revenge is back!

Son Soo-jung:

A gruesome fact gangster.

"I will give you all my dirty nature that I have hidden" 

She is a pretty girl, but she is a gold medalist. Even though I am still, I can not get access to the ghouls and I want to live quietly. I can not stop the flow of consciousness once and I become a fact gangster. I asked him if he would give his money as much as he did to the principal who grabbed his hand, and ask him why his hand is tucked in. He will go to sleep for a while and go to sleep until he sleeps. 

I grew up without a helping person since I was young, I can not say anything to help myself, I can not even say that I need help, I am not as strong as a man despite my thin body, Life did not get so bad. It is a golden age when high school students did not miss the first school in Korea, even though they were ignorant and memorized during the night so that they could see the test under infant education but they had no application. I did not notice poverty because I could only wear uniforms, and I lived for three years as a pretty, nice, smart boss. Until I met Kang Bok-soo, the character of the character. 

Soon-jae understood song lyrics for the first time in his life. I started with "I'll give you all my dirty characters that I've hidden." I felt the cataclysm that I burst into the end and poured out my words to the gentleman. I am thinking of Kang Bok-soo, and I have more days to laugh and say, 'Your smile that moves me cold. My dark heart that was closed all open to you. Until I became your love that gave me meaning to me. " Until that happens.  

I am still busy eating and living in the correction that became the fixed term teacher of the high school. Children say, 'Well, they teach best.' 'It is so good when the teacher curses. Please add. " This is the moment when I read the praise-filled teacher evaluation and the only time I read it. The rent, the cost of living, the appointment notice, the grandmother ' Even though Kang Bok-soo did not show up again, every day of the crystal was full. 

Why is it again. Why again. However, school life with Kang Bok-soo keeps bringing the crystal to Leeds. I thought I had a stable private pension and a paid vacation, but I remembered that I had a dream because of Bok-soo, who calls me "Teacher". I can see that the children who are making the smile are the only ones who are suffering, come and go to Kang Bok-su, who rescues the children as if they saved the correction. 

I'm a fact gangster who knows everything, but I have to turn my hand over the real thing in front of reality, and vengeance is back! 

Source: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/mystrangehero/cast/

Teaser 5:

• Like 8

@bubu678 Well it's google translate.  But thanks anyway  for that.

I get the gist... somehow. It looks more serious than I feel. Bok Soo going to an angst driven character.  Oh Se Ho  and  Son Soong Jun did something to him and he lost everything?

• Like 4

@Berou Well I dont mind the font style both are good (though I personally prefer the second one on the card). As for the picture its ok, I'm sure those who are on insta must have seen it anyway because it was all over the place. Maybe the translation was faulty but one comment underneath that picture said that Yoo Seung Ho presented the picture to the person who took it and maybe even signed it for him or something. If YSH really refused the picture then I agree that it was  wrong on the owner's part to post it.  Anyway,, coming to to the options, I just hope its the first option because the other two sound messy and if there is one thing which I cant stand is cheating and two timing. Lets see what happens I'm not jumping to conclusions either, will wait for the show to air first. If it turns out to be good then who cares if the writers and directors are rookies? I want the best for Oppa. I know Mr Sunshine has been a hit this year but that show was...I dont know... shallow for me. Yes cinematography was good, bromance was good too but I dont cry over shows like that. I'm yet to understand what was so special about it to make people cry rivers over it . Ok maybe I never would so lets just leave it at that before somebody comes and kicks me out for discussing something off topic lol.

PS- I like this coffee and food truck sending thing. Its kinda cute and considerate. Might even help boost up the morale of actors :)Oh and the wedding picture seems so perfect and dreamlike .:)

• Like 3

thanks @bubu678 for the translation. I translated with naver papago, the translation is a bit better.  Some parts don't make sense, I tried to correct that but gave up :huh:.  Btw, JBA is doing good at emoting the first love vibe.

Spoiler

Kang Bok-soo

What a pleasant hero!

"I'll be a thorn in your eye!”

Sojeonggak son Naomi, an old Chinese restaurant, has been famous for his extraordinary beauty since his was young.  Handsome, fighting well and heartfelt Kang was once a small hero of Seol Song-go. he took the eyes of schoolgirls as a matter of course, and because of the Pacific Ocean, he cut in all the fighting in the neighborhood and acted as a fixer. I had no dreams, no head for study, no money at home, but that's no big deal. I was a happy student every day, just running around with my friends while eating lunch. The school was like amusement parks. Until one day, he was expelled from school for being a school bully. 

Without knowing anything, he was kicked out of school and never returned. The adult Bok Soo is still handsome and still good at fighting but has lost a twig. Seeing people and dogs in trouble, he lost love with humanity so much that he could save them and not save people. Instead of being a cold-hearted city man and doing 'your request,' he pays for it. I said, "No more Never!" After all, it was wrong to ask. Who knew that it was Cheolcheon Ji-su's first love handkerchief! 

The reunion, which has been dreamed of by Bok Soo, begins with a tearful and penitent look of repentance, but the actual handkerchief may thank you. When I accused him of being a lifesaver and not being polite to my boyfriend, we never even dated. No. Is that how she smiles, raises, takes her lips and takes her feet off? Such a scenario was not expected of revenge. Nor was it expected that Oh and his wife would be in a doldrums over him. Do you think you'll have your own way? 

Revenge now decides to live his lost life instead. Go back to the school where you were kicked out, and try to get even with your own hands-on and Oh Se-ho. But it is not the school where revenge knows. What is this? Is this the school? Why does this school have friends, teachers, memories, love and romance? Multiple nooks in the fold start to open one more face to face. 

What can Kang, who  is an old back-up student in a school, do? Could a broken little hero's epic be happy ending to his first love story? 

Looking for the happiness of the strange school, revenge came back!

Son Soo-jung

An acting gangster 

"I'll give you all my hidden qualities." 

A woman's seller is a gold medal, but not a handkerchief. She becomes a fighter for the fact that he cannot access or live a quiet life . "I'd like to ask the principal to give me as much money as I did for a while, and I'd like him to put his hands in for a while ." 

Since she was young, she has grown up without anyone to help her, and can't even ask for help. Life was not so dull. High school years are a golden age when they could not miss the top spot of the entire school even when they failed to pass the test due to repeated failures of employment exams. I was not poor because I only had to wear school uniforms, and I lived for three years as a pretty and smart class president. Until I met Kang Bok-soo, a pain in the neck. 

Son Soo Jung understood the lyrics of the song for the first time in her life." I will give you all my hidden and dirty qualities,' Kang said. I felt catharsis on the day when I was bombarded with words from Kang. Crystal laughs more days thinking about Kang, and says, 'Your smile moves me cold. I'll open all my dark minds to you. Until your love meant something to me,' they all read. until that happens  

Sujeong, who became a part-time teacher at Seorongo, is still busy eating. Kids teach best anyway.' Please add it.' The only time I laugh when I read this praise-filled teacher evaluation. Worrying is a luxury before the rent, living expenses, employment exams, medical expenses raised alone, and survival problems. Even if Kang did not show up again, the crystal every day was enough. 

Why is Kang Bok-soo again? Why. But my school life with Kang Bok-soo keeps bringing me back to the days of Liz. I thought that stable private pension and paid vacation became a teacher, but I remember that I had to dream because of Kang Bok-soo, who sang 'Son Soo-jung.' The only children who made the correction laugh show that they are suffering, and as if saving the correction, they say, "Come Kang Bok-soo," who saves the children, but I feel the same way. 

I know you're a Punt Gangster, but I'm back in revenge for turning upside down with my humble handkerchief in front of reality!

5 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

@Berou Well I dont mind the font style both are good (though I personally prefer the second one on the card). As for the picture its ok, I'm sure those who are on insta must have seen it anyway because it was all over the place. Maybe the translation was faulty but one comment underneath that picture said that Yoo Seung Ho presented the picture to the person who took it and maybe even signed it for him or something. If YSH really refused the picture then I agree that it was  wrong on the owner's part to post it.  Anyway,, coming to to the options, I just hope its the first option because the other two sound messy and if there is one thing which I cant stand is cheating and two timing. Lets see what happens I'm not jumping to conclusions either, will wait for the show to air first. If it turns out to be good then who cares if the writers and directors are rookies? I want the best for Oppa. I know Mr Sunshine has been a hit this year but that show was...I dont know... shallow for me. Yes cinematography was good, bromance was good too but I dont cry over shows like that. I'm yet to understand what was so special about it to make people cry rivers over it . Ok maybe I never would so lets just leave it at that before somebody comes and kicks me out for discussing something off topic lol.

PS- I like this coffee and food truck sending thing. Its kinda cute and considerate. Might even help boost up the morale of actors :)Oh and the wedding picture seems so perfect and dreamlike .:)

Having two font styles is perplexing, it is another question mark. They are too different moreover. Maybe they represent both sides of the drama: the first for romance, the second for revenge. The one for romance might be used for the highschool years and the other one when BS starts his revenge. 

Posting CCTV's pictures  publicly without approval, it is  a plain violation of privacy, even for the "normal citizens". It can get you in trouble with justice .  Yes there was a sign of him, instead he gave his sign. 

I didn't imply BS will be two-timing and be a cheater if it is option 3, I doubt the drama will go with this flow. He can be dumped by his " fiancée" or be cheated on , and then his  problematic love life can be added to the long list of his problems. It could be the last drop for him and make him  firm in  his pursual for revenge.  This arc is enough for LCY to make a surprise appearance. The idea of using a substitue for a teaser is quite weird and  the option 2 is too makjang / dramatic  for a romantic comedy drama, and it implies LCY will have lots of lines troughout the drama and should be part of the cast. Therefore I choose option 3 :)

Yes it was very sweet to send a coffee truck, even sweeter when you know the message on the banner !  :  " Bok Soo ya, appa is back to all the actors and staff please take care of my son " cr: iloveyoo_  :D

• Like 4

Bok Soo Appa is back? awwwww thats so cute and caring of Appa!! Well I'm still not jumping to any conclusions yet, Bok soo wont turn out to be a two timer for sure, I just said that I hope they dont show it because I dont like those kinda things. With that being said, no matter how boring the male lead looks, Koreans never ever tend to make their MLs shady. They've always had this strong moral compass which totally make their MLs look one dimensional and pure so yeah I dont think Bok soo would be doing anything against the typical Korean hero norms. I'd really like to see how LCY fits into the whole scenerio because Bok Soo seems too taken by JBA's character ( and oh well since this is a K drama so there is one in a million chance that BS is ever gonna forget his first love and pursue LCY's character instead lol) 

• Like 3

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/11/14/its-all-about-yoo-seung-hos-puppy-dog-smile-in-first-teasers-for-sbs-drama-my-strange-hero/

yjSd0l0.jpg

Harsh negative comments :( again @MrsYeoWoon. This time someone said that this is a senseless rom com and the script is mediocre. And YSH is spoiling his career. This is the kind of comment I'm talking about. The drama hasnt even been aired, why are people so quick to make a judgement ? And wow it is such a reach to say he is spoiling his career. If anything  both Ruler and IANAR made him gain fame, especially international fame with IANAR. On the other side, fans slept on his drama Remember with high ratings even though it is considered to be better. Thus high quality scripts don't necessarily guarantee success and fame, it happens often that fans sleep on gems. What  YSH needs in order to become the first priority and to receive first the best scripts is to be a "hallyu star " like the others through a popular drama, and it can be through " a senseless rom com " like this one.  I'm very angry and upset because that comment is likely from a YSH fan, and I don't understand instead of supporting him they leave comments like this one.

The idea of BS being a cheater didn't even cross my mind because like you said koreans like to write male leads with strong morals and values, like shining white knights. So I'm not worried about that :) .  We will get the answer when it will air ! Last night SBS didn't release new teaser, I expected to see a glimpse of their first date :unsure:. I don't know if I'm the only one thinking like this, these teasers have a sad and bittersweet feeling. The BGMs used enhances it. Moreover the bright colours make them look like a memory, so I guess it was a painful experience for both of them ? And all that is left are sad memories. 

• Like 5

@Berou I dont know which comment you are talking about. I'll go and check later as I'm kinda busy right now ( please I hope you dont mind me saying this ) but I dont think you should bring outside's negativity to this forum. I did ask you about the sites having not so positive comments because I wanted to know what others were thinking on this but I didnt discuss those things here. We are all here to support Yoo Seung Ho so lets just keep the atmosphere here free of any negativity and tension.

Oh and dont let the negativity of others affect you dear. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you dont agree then just ignore, dont let it bother you. Chill out and just enjoy the show. Its been a long time since we have seen Yoo Seung Ho on our screens and if this show turns out to be good all negativity will be washed away automatically. We just need to wait and watch. Till then lets just be positive and hope for the best. Cheers :)

Sorry double posting lol but @Berou I agree the teasers do give off a bittersweet vibe, maybe because Bok Soo is remembering his past with JBA? The colours ARE very bright, soft and dreamy and memory like. But I also think there is more to it. Since its a romcom it will end on a happy note. Atleast I hope so:)The teasers probably show a midway journey or something. Oh I'd love to see their first date i-e if they ever went on one. It would be very sweet.:)

• Like 2

This short clip has been circulating in socmed recently

@MrsYeoWoon I didn't mean to bring negativity here. My "rant " was  an aside. I 'm a regular  visitor of that blog, other actors/ actresses get their fair share of criticism too. So I know who are the ones who usually post comments and I ignore the ones I don't agree with. I've never seen the name of that username before, thus that fan is a new poster. I was curious and I checked another article,  the same person said how much YSH  had unforgettable roles in IMY and WBDS. I understand having our preferences concerning YSH but as fans we should be united and supportive  even if his drama turns out to be below our expectations or it is not to our liking, I was trying to point out this. And as I said fame is a mystery, I know some badly written dramas that have become hugely popular and generated fame for the casts. End of my disgression ;).

Beautiful edit by a talented yoopies :wub:

Yoo Seung Ho  is so dreamy :wub:

PS : after some second thoughts I do really believe these teasers are memories of them. The BGMs used are popular korean songs, I've already heard them before, maybe if we find the songs and lyrics, we will be sure. Now I wonder if they ever went to their date, maybe their love story finished before it even started. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lol @Berou  I really dont care what a random account says out there. You too dont boil your blood over things like that. As far as I am concerned Yoo Seung Ho has shined in every single role he has ever played. Yes as a show IANAR was a bit of a let down for me but I loved him as Kim Min Kyu too:love:  I mean who wouldnt fall for that cupcake? :love::heart: YSH is simply adorable and I cant wait for his new show. Much love and fighting for Oppa!!

P.S  It may not necessarily turn out to be entirely sad. Yes sad parts would be there to move the story forward and who knows maybe they really never went on their first date? or maybe they did before the fallout? I'm sure Bok Soo must be having some memories to feel betrayed and wanting to get revenge on JBA's character.

• Like 2

I am looking forward to watch this. The story seems interesting and who can not love YSH and JBA acting :D I really wonder what gonna fuel him to start his revenge plot. Consider there is maybe a fiance in the picture I wonder if she gonna somehow break his heart and that gonna be the start of him going back to school and start his revenge. I don´t know what to feel if he is married while falling for JBA character. I have to say they really make me confused about what really going on, so looking forward to getting some answer when it air :) 

• Like 5

Song used for teaser 1 : Paint on spring from Martin Smith 

Spoiler

Song used in teaser 2 : star shower/ a star is falling  by annyeong bada

Spoiler

Lyrics :

Translation in English

in that night, that night
into the chest of loving people
above the warmth of past memories
between mother's wrinkles

warm
starlight is shining down
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
dazzling memories are coming up
my shabby image grows distant
the sky of the city
is dark like my heart
there was a lot of pain

and a lot of tears

at the black night sky
starlight is shining down
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
into the night of the city that poured down
above the tears that poured down
my heart that poured down
I've grown like that
between the starlight that poured down
above the people that gush out
I've grown like that
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
Ha
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
shalalalalalala
into the night of the city that poured down
above the tears that poured down
I've grown like that
between the starlight that poured down
above the people that gush out
my tears pouring down
I've grown like that.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Annyeongbada/별빛이-내린다-Star-Shower/translation/english/amp

Song used for teaser  5  ->  Etude of memories / memory  by Kim Dong Ryul

Spoiler

BGM used for teaser 4 : firefly, the memory of a short summer night by  Kim Sang Heon ( lover's concerto movie OST )

Spoiler

@sal2 Hi !! Welcome :). We are all confused here and unfortunately SBS prefers to keep everything under wraps. We have to wait for the airing to get our questions answered ! :)

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Berou said:

Harsh negative comments :( again

You have to dismiss these types of comments<_< I went back to reread them, everyone seems to want to be a critic. I love the ones that said"I'm YSH's fan but..." If they really were his fan they would have simply stated they prefer him in melodramas and called it a day. Don't let these people bring you down chingu.  Maybe Yoo is tired of doing melodrama. I like that he is willing to try different things.  I'm a little iffy on the writer but have to remember one of my all time favorite dramas Secret Love writer's were both newbies.  I'm so happy they were given a chance. 

• Like 3

New teaser is here , somebody falls off the building oh my, so they got separated due to the accident but still love eachother. Poor souls

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2