Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, And More Gather For First Script Reading Of New SBS Drama
Oct 22, 2018
by J. Lim

c2ae802654ba458b8d65475bbbd60f66.jpeg?s=

The cast of SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Revenge is Back” (literal title) recently gathered for their first script reading together.

“Revenge is Back” will be the follow-up drama to “Where Stars Land” and is a romantic comedy that follows Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), who finds his life has gone awry after he is accused of being a bully and expelled, as he returns to his school as an adult to seek revenge. However, instead of revenge, he finds himself swept up in an unexpected situation.

The first script reading for the drama was held on October 8 at the SBS production center in Ilsan, and was attended by screenwriter Kim Yoon Young, producing director (PD) Ham Joon Ho, and the cast that includes Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, Kwak Dong Yeon, Chun Ho Jin, Kim Mi Kyung, Uhm Hyo Sup, Kim Kwang Gyu, Kim Dong Young, Park Ah In, Yeon Jun Suk, and Yoo Seon Ho. For three hours, the cast delighted everyone in attendance with their chemistry and immersive acting. The PD said, “I will create a set that gives the actors a space to have fun. I’m happy to have met a great family to end 2018 with. I will work hard to make it a warmer and more meaningful year than those before it.”

Spoiler

Yoo Seung Ho will take on the role of Kang Bok Soo, who goes from living out other people’s lives to a man who returns to school in great fanfare. He has a charming voice but also wins over hearts with his clumsiness. Along with him is Jo Bo Ah as Son Soo Jung, who was Kang Bok Soo’s first love and is now a part-time teacher. Though she appears calm for the most part, her anger can flare up and she is able to silence her opponents with a slew of painfully true facts.

Kwak Dong Yeon will be taking on the role of Oh Se Ho, the antagonist to Kang Bok Soo, and the actor is excited to show a new side of himself as he takes on his charismatic and powerful character. Chun Ho Jin will play Teacher Park, who refuses to stand idly by when he sees injustice and is loved by his students, while Kim Mi Kyung will be Jung Soon, Kang Bok Soo’s mother who is just grateful that her son has grown up in good health and strong spirits. Uhm Hyo Sup and Kim Kwang Gyu will play the principal and vice principal of the school, and their comical interactions had everyone laughing.

The cast is rounded out with Kim Dong Young playing Lee Kyung Hyun, Kang Bok Soo’s friend and superior at work, Park Ah In as Kang Bok Soo’s cute stalker Yang Min Ji, Yeon Jun Suk as a stressed-out Oh Young Min who is ranked last in his class, and Yoo Seon Ho as the handsome and tough guy Yoo Shi On.

The production staff stated, “The actors played their parts so well that it felt like filming had already started. Their excitement and energy has us excited to film their scenes,” and “We promise to bring a drama that will bring happiness, energy, and relatable resolutions so that viewers can end 2018 on a high note.”

“Revenge is Back” will be the follow-up to “Where Stars Land” and will begin airing in early December.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1249825wpp/yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ah-gather-first-script-reading-new-sbs-drama

• Like 14

First script read for rom-com drama Revenge Returns

by stroopwafel

revenge2.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho, Jo Boa, Kwak Dong-yeon

The upcoming SBS drama Revenge Returns has just released photos of their first script read. The ominous title might have you thinking the drama is a dark melo, but it’s actually a fun, healing rom-com with PD Ham Joon-ho (Greasy Melo) and writer Kim Yoon-Young attached.

Yoo Seung-ho (I’m Not a Robot) will play the title character, Kang Bok-soo (bok-soo is the Korean word for revenge). His character is described as being manly with a wide heodang streak. As a teen, Bok-soo gets expelled from school after being framed as the perpetrator of a violent assault. His life turned upside down, he vows to get his revenge on those who wronged him. As an adult, he returns to his school ready for revenge, but Bok-soo finds himself faced with a series of unexpected incidents and events.

Jo Boa (Temperature of Love) will play the role of Sohn Soo-jung, Yoo Seung-ho’s first love and former schoolmate, who is now teaching at her old high school on a temporary work contract. She’s charming, beautiful — and has a quick temper. Kwak Dong-yeon (My ID is Gangnam Beauty) will be tackling a villain role for the first time in his career. His character Oh Se-ho is the charismatic antagonist to Bok-soo’s protagonist.

Rest of article http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/first-script-read-for-rom-com-drama-revenge-returns/

PS : I went to look for the definition of hoedang. According to the fangirl verdict, it  " means “empty-head” and has the sense of someone who speaks without thinking, who might be smart but still says silly/funny/things that don’t make sense. Also described as innocent naïveté". 

Edited by Berou
  • Like 12

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, MrsYeoWoon said:

I see you apologize alot lol forums are there to express your feelings afterall its perfectly fine to get emotional, nothing to apologize for:) I missed him like hell too, so happy to see him back, I'm sure he'll be able to pull off the role with ease, he is a veteran afterall :)

Thank you for your kind words. Nothing to apologize for? No! :bawling: I think you're too sweet. :bawling:

Spoiler

I think you're right. So you said the forums are here to express our feelings. And you said it's perfectly fine to get emotional. Well, I say stupid things! And I think I get to emotional. Hahahahahahhaa! I wish I could take a deep breath. I should ask myself, "Should I share this?" or "Am I hurting someone's feelings?" I hope that makes sense. I bet you apologize a lot too. I think a lot of us apologize! Why? I think some of us make a lot of stupid mistakes. I should get down on my knees and pray, "God please help me!" Hahahahahaha!

Hahahahaha! I don't think I'm the only one who apologizes. I think I say dumb things. So you missed him like hell too. And you're happy to see him back! Yay! I'm so happy someone else said this! I thought, "Am I the only one feeling this way?" So you are just like me :). I'm happy he's back too. So you think he'll pull off the role with ease? Yay! I believe you.:wub: I think you're sending so much positive energy!

Ok! I think this is about the lovely beautiful talented YSH, his new cast, and his new beautiful leading lady, Jo Bo Ah. So I'm reading some articles about her. So she hosted Mnet's M Countdown. I believe she starred in the film Innocent Thing. I think she's a cutie. I can't wait to see her with YSH! YEAH!!! Bring it on Jo Bo Ah! I hope you treat my YSH well! And I hope you have plenty of kisses and romantic scenes with him. And I hope you hug him! Ooops! I think I put myself in the drama with him. It hasn't even started yet! Hahahahahahaa. Laughing and crying right now.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Cecentre said:

Thank you for the BTS photos! I hope that the styling for YSH in this drama will be different from INAR, or else I might have a hard time distinguishing the character, especially when it seems like Kim Min Gyu and Bok Soo have some shared characteristics (sweet and kinda silly-- Bok Soo's character description said he's a silly hero right?) 

I agree with everything you said! I wish I could add something but I think you said it all. So Bok- Soo's character description is a silly hero??? Oooh! I can't wait. I ask, "How will YSH do in this role?" :D 

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Cecentre said:

I haven't seen Jo Bo Ah from other projects, and I don't think I saw her in the BTS photos either? Maybe they haven't gotten to that part yet. Good thing they started filming right away after having all the actors confirmation btw, the drama's coming in December, so they should have plenty of materials by then and don't have to rush through things :blush:

See I'm this way too. I can't wait to see her. I'm excited! I haven't seen her works yet! Yes, it's coming out in December. So I wish I was like you! You are saying, "Don't rush things" I'm like, "I have to see this now!!! Drama Gods please!" And I agree with you too. I don't want it to be rushed :D. So I think you are right :D.

@Berou Thank you for teaching me how to use "spoiler". And thank you for sharing pictures and articles :).

Spoiler

So this isn't about the drama. How did I do on the spoiler? Waiting for your thoughts :D 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH @Berou shared the pictures of YSH this was literally me:

Related image

credit to owner

I'm saying, "Like why is he so perfect?! Why?!"

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:17 AM, jongski said:

Waiting for this one. I hope it will be a good one.. Yes. It seems to be like "Innocent Man". Hope fully we get YSH more dramatic here.

So you're waiting for this one too! I remember you! I think we've been in some forums together :wub: I always love reading your deep thoughts and opinions on dramas. I can't wait to read your thoughts. I hope this will be a good one too! So you think it seems to be like "Innocent Man" I haven't seen that yet. I believe you. I bet you know your stuff! :D. So you hope we get YSH more dramatic here. Ok. I hope so too. Well, you're making me want this drama right now! 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, MrsYeoWoon said:

He looks so yummy in all the latest pictures :heart::love:

I agree. I think he's looks so yummy in all the latest pictures too. Girl! I don't even know what to say. I don't even know what to do. 

Me after reading this post:

tumblr_oj7p6keffw1vb1xkno1_250.gif

credit to owner(This is not my gif)

I'm saying, "I can't do this anymore YSH! Stop being so yummy! I give up!"

Edit: I'm joking! I'll say it 100000000000000 times. I can't wait to see YSH, his leading lady Jo Bo Ah and the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see 'Bok So is Back'! December where are you? :bawling: (And I will try to make my posts shorter.Sighhhhhhhhhh)

Edit: If this posts gets edited. I'm okay!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Edit: I'm joking! I'll say it 100000000000000 times. I can't wait to see YSH, his leading lady Jo Bo Ah and the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see 'Bok So is Back'! December where are you? :bawling: (And I will try to make my posts shorter.Sighhhhhhhhhh)

Haha... Maybe we should say "YSH is back!!"  Glad to see him back in another project.  I actually prefer him in less melo stuff.  He's good in them but I always felt like he would come away a tad depressed.  When you're young as an actor, it's better to play lighter stuff because you can.  The older you get, the harder it is to play a high school student for any length of time in a drama so better to take those roles up while you can and leave the darker, melo stuff for when you're older.  I loved his last role with SooBin.  Came away at the end of the drama feeling good so I hope this one gives me the same vibes. :)

• Like 7

I'm excited for this drama series since I love the team up of the lead actor and actress. I 1st watched Jo Bo Ah in Shut Up Flower Boy Band after getting curious about her in Surplus Princess coz I find her so cute. 

Spoiler

tumblr_ndbc2a4UjG1ttly1qo4_500.gif

She's a natural beauty...

Jo-Bo-Ah-past-picture.jpg

• Like 9

Welcome @beyaruth :) ! Aww she was cutie when she was young.  By the way she won today her Seoul award for best actress, it wasn't easy since I believe Won Jin Ah and Kim Tae Ri, two incredible rookies actresses were also nominated.

Spoiler

• Like 7

https://www.soompi.com/article/1252831wpp/male-actors-amaze-kissing-skills

Yoo Seung Ho has grow up to be a masculine, mature actor. With fierce gazes exuding various levels of charisma, his kiss scenes are definitely strong yet tender!! and I’m so happy seeing him FINALLY being praised for his kissing skills and wowing fangirl’s hearts with it!! now I’m unticipating his kiss scenes in his 2nd rom-com and especially knowing how Jo Bo Ah can kiss too!! I expect some "fierce gazes, charisma, passion and tenderness". :wub:;) 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:09 PM, Berou said:

First script read for rom-com drama Revenge Returns

by stroopwafel

Rest of article http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/first-script-read-for-rom-com-drama-revenge-returns/

PS : I went to look for the definition of hoedang. According to the fangirl verdict, it  " means “empty-head” and has the sense of someone who speaks without thinking, who might be smart but still says silly/funny/things that don’t make sense. Also described as innocent naïveté". 

I'm MORE EXCITED for Yoo Seung Ho's character and the drama more now!! I can't wait to see him playing this character showing more of his manly side we all highly anticipated this side of him. Remember how he has shown that mature and manly side to us shortly before here?!! :wub: :wub: :wub: 

Spoiler

cr: ellekorea

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Berou said:

Welcome @beyaruth :) ! Aww she was cutie when she was young.  By the way she won today her Seoul award for best actress, it wasn't easy since I believe Won Jin Ah and Kim Tae Ri, two incredible rookies actresses were also nominated.

Hide contents

Thanks for the welcome!   :love:      I was also in the INAR thread before coz of YSH.

When is the airing date of this drama coz I just finished watching Jo Bo Ah's Drama Special? Can't wait to see them together.

Spoiler

• Like 7

Yoo Seung Ho And Jo Bo Ah’s Upcoming Drama Confirms Premiere Date
Nov 1, 2018
by K. Lew

Dq5L8KMU4AAdCFf.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah’s upcoming drama will be airing after “Death Song.”

On November 1, a source from SBS stated, “SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Revenge is Back’ (literal title) will air its first episode on December 10. It will be the follow-up drama to ‘Death Song.'” “Death Song” is a drama special starring Lee Jong Suk and Shin Hye Sun.

“Revenge is Back” is about Kang Bok Soo, whose life goes awry after he is framed as a school bully and expelled. After becoming an adult, he returns to the school, intent on getting revenge. However, he unexpectedly becomes caught up in an incident. Yoo Seung Ho will play Kang Bok Soo, while Jo Bo Ah will take on the role of his first love Son Soo Jung.

The drama will air after “Where Stars Land” and “Death Song.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1255737wpp/yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ahs-upcoming-drama-confirms-premiere-date

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2018 at 2:09 PM, Berou said:

Interesting. So, "heodang" does literally mean "empty-head", but if I may elaborate on the concept a bit. Also, I would not make it synonymous with innocent naivete.

"Heodang" is used to describe an unexpected awkwardness or foolishness about a person whom one wouldn't have expected that from. It typically applies to social situations or to a lack of physical prowess. So, the example used about someone who speaks without thinking and thus says something silly or funny that doesn't make sense is an example of being heodang. But, so is YSY not being able to play table tennis on 2 Days and 1 Night which was seen as a streak of heodang in him. Or someone who makes the "perfect" plan which is then completely undone because the battery dies on his phone, that person would be considered to be a little heodang.

Hmm, not sure that I made it any clearer. Sorry if I didn't.

Anyway, looking forward to this drama. Yoo Seung Ho is amazing at every role he plays, even when it's just fluff. Jo Bo Ah has been a bit more variable for me since her impressive turn in Shut Up and Run, Flower Boy Band, but I think she's been getting better all the time and she is so very pretty. And, I've been waiting for Kwak Do Yeon to be in another drama that I actually want to watch. So, I'm excited to check this drama out. :)

• Like 10

@stroppyse Thanks for explaining. No worries, I understood what you said. This is a character YSH hasnt played before so Im anticipating at how he will portray it and make it coming alive. His character has many interesting faces : someone who is at the same time nice and a grudge holder. He is manly and yet has a wide streak of heodang. I think I have read somewhere he is supposed to be smart but I'm not sure ... I need to check again.

The drama looks interesting too in terms of genre, untill now I haven't heard about a romantic comedy with revenge as its plot. It is an odd association. When I hear the word of revenge I think about  thriller and legal dramas. So the drama is bringing in something new. 

As you' ve said JBA is so very pretty! @bubu678 thank you for posting those pictures. JBA is really beautiful with long straight hair. She looks definitely like the first love of Bok Soo who is supposed to be very beautiful. For a moment I thought it was Sulli , the ex-member of f(x). 

Another staff posted pics , the underwater scene happens in ep 2 (old format) . Then I assume it is a cliffhanger and the episode will stop at there. 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Is Boksoo pretending to be a teenage highschooler like "Angry Mom" or an adult studying in highschool  like "SangDoo Let's Go To School"?

Do you mean when it says that he returns to school in the synopsis or do you mean in the photos?

I assume the photos are supposed to show Bok Soo during his actual high school days when his life became a mess because he was labeled a bully and expelled. I thought that there would be at least flashback scenes in the drama which shows us his high school days.

However, when he's goes back to the school to get his revenge, not sure if he does it by attending school or not. I wouldn't have thought that he would be a regular student or even pretending to be. I suppose he could be attending a night school that just happens to be in the same school as the regular high school, though there really isn't a hint of that.

Now, I'm curious as to how he explains showing back up at the school for his revenge. And, whether he was able to earn a lot of money after high school even though he was kicked out. And, if he was able to become successful, money-wise anyway, why he's still so bitter about being expelled. So many questions!

• Like 9

STILL CUTS FROM YOO SEUNG HO’S UPCOMING DRAMA "REVENGE HAS RETURNED" REVEALED

Still cuts from Yoo Seung Ho’s upcoming drama, “Revenge has Returned” have been revealed and are sparking much interest. On Nov 9, 2018 the SBS posted still cuts of Yoo Seung Ho from the drama. 

In the still cuts, Yoo Seung Ho is donning a fierce haircut and is wearing a slightly delinquent facial expression, which generated much curiosity from the viewers. This was a different kind of delinquency from the drama I Am Not A Robot. The still cuts was shot on October 18 around Paju, Gyeonggido.

Netizens who came across these photos said, “I can’t wait for ‘Revenge has Returned,'” “I’m so excited for Yoo Seung Ho in this drama,” “Just by looking at his face, my anticipation is rising,” and more.

2018111001000888200064602.jpg

Revenge has Returned” is about Kang Bok Soo, whose life goes awry after he is framed as a school bully and expelled. After becoming an adult, he returns to the school, intent on getting revenge. However, he unexpectedly becomes caught up in an incident. Yoo Seung Ho will play Kang Bok Soo, while Jo Bo Ah will take on the role of his first love Son Soo Jung.

The drama will air after “Where Stars Land” and “Death Song.”

2018111001000888200064601.jpg

• Like 4

35d3c3184c83475ca5036acdb6dff957.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho Is The Delivery Guy Of Your Dreams In Upcoming Drama

Nov 9, 2018
by E. Cha

SBS’s upcoming drama “My Strange Hero” has revealed its first glimpse of its star Yoo Seung Ho in character!

“My Strange Hero” is a new romantic comedy starring Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Bok Soo, a boy who is expelled from school after being falsely accused of violence against other students. Years later, Kang Bok Soo returns to school as a teacher in order to avenge himself, but finds himself swept up in a new series of unexpected incidents instead. The drama will also star Jo Bo Ah as Son Soo Jung, Kang Bok Soo’s first love.

On November 9, “My Strange Hero” unveiled its very first stills of Yoo Seung Ho in his starring role. The newly released photos show the handsome Kang Bok Soo working as a delivery driver after being wrongfully expelled from school.

In the first few stills, Kang Bok Soo wears a serious expression as he makes a phone call and looks around at his surroundings. He later sinks to the ground in despair, looking stressed out and helpless as he takes off his helmet.

The scene was shot in the city of Paju on October 18, Yoo Seung Ho’s first day of filming for the drama. According to the production crew, Yoo Seung Ho made sure to greet each staff member individually as soon as he arrived, immediately brightening the atmosphere on set with his warmth and friendliness.

The actor also reportedly showed great interest in his character’s motorcycle, jumping at the chance to ride it as soon as it arrived. According to those present during filming, he was incredibly meticulous in his preparations for the scene, and he carefully went over every detail with the director before his first take.

Yoo Seung Ho remarked afterwards, “I was nervous because it was the first shoot, but thanks to the refreshing character of Kang Bok Soo, the energetic director, and the lively staff, I was able to act to my heart’s content.”

He added, “I’m really looking forward to the time when I’m finally able to greet viewers as Kang Bok Soo. I hope that the character of Kang Bok Soo is able to provide weary and exhausted viewers with even the tiniest bit of healing.”

The producers of “My Strange Hero” commented, “Yoo Seung Ho has his own unique charm, and he can suddenly make you smile even in the midst of a serious conversation about a scene. That’s exactly the essence of the character Kang Bok Soo.”

“My Strange Hero” premieres on December 10 and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Are you looking forward to seeing Yoo Seung Ho in this new drama? Leave your thoughts below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1260245wpp/yoo-seung-ho-delivery-guy-dreams-upcoming-drama

• Like 4