Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Part 2 : SH

SH is the most complex character out of the three. He is always giving mixed signals and you can't help wondering his true intentions. I've stated before I'd prefer that BS to not be 100 % innocent because I'm a sucker for flawed characters, especially fallen heroes. That would be a nice twist but I doubt the writer will go to that route as the plot advances linearly. We got the backstory of our two high school lovebirds about the suicide attempt. SH's one is left. It is interesting that he considers himself as a victim. I hope the writer doesn't mess up this time and give us a valid reason. Is it because of his jealousy towards BS, who despite being the worst student, was still loved by his classmates and his mother ? BS had everything he wanted : popularity and a doting mother. Is it because BS turned his back on him and didn't give him the attention he wished ? BS was probably the only student who talked to him and took care of him, when SJ came into the picture BS' attention went to her. Is it because he fell in love with SJ ? Hence he manipulated SJ and poisoned her ear to separate the couple. 

He was a cutie in high school and looked innocent... and abused. His demeanor was of someone who was reclused, introvert, shy and abused. Despite all his efforts, SJ beat him in ranking and he didn't get his mom's love who doesn't know or pretends to not know he is highly allergic to sellfish.   That same discriminatory system drove him to the edge and pushed him to commit suicide. But here is the ambiguity of his character : he said loved exams because they were the fairest games. He sees exams and everything that set people apart as games, exams set people apart based on their knowledge on a subject. The people taking the first place are seen as the smartest aka winners, and the ones taking the last place as idiots aka losers. These exams and philosophy that he loves as he claimed made him subjected to his mother's abuse.  He has a very sadistic approach to life and has a sinister aura. Knowing the ambiguity of his character, you can't help wondering what he has on his mind or what are his plans concerning BS. Does he want to use him to get rid of his mother and her educational discriminatory philosophy or to reform the education system  altogether ? BS is only a pawn for him but the pawn has already shown signs of resistance and will probably cause the shutdown of the school.

Some of you said SH must have stalked BS and SJ and that explains why he knows about the painted door. I agree with this too. He also stalked on BS and kept tracks of him before he provoked him to force him to come back to school. He is a mastermind and a manipulator, he knows how to come up with a crafty scheme.... in the most humiliating way. His plan of creating a whole new classrooms of bad students  for BS only and appointing SJ as the teacher in charge aimed to humiliate BS. Like nine years ago, SJ became again his teacher but they were both students back then. Now he is the student and she is the teacher.  It must have been humiliating for him to be teached by a former classmate and his ex-girlfriend.  SH has his time of his life when he puts people out of their comfort zone. After all, it is a game for him. 

• Like 7

OST Line Up (Ken VIXX, The Night of Seokyo, Hwang Chi Yeol, Stella Jang, Yuju Gfriend, Soyeon Laboum-Dindin, April, etc)

SBS Gayo Daejun on 25 Dec too (6 pm KST), Jo Bo Ah will be the MC with Jun Hyun Moo

• Like 4

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

Laica

My Strange Hero: Ahhhh it’s so weird and funny and good! I think Yoo Seung-ho feels the most natural to me here out of all the roles I’ve seen him in, because there’s a dark edge of melodrama to this rom-com that really plays to his penchant for Acting with a Capital A. He’s always excellent, but I sometimes find that he goes to 200% when perhaps only 80 was required. Yet that tendency is perfect for Bok-soo, this arrested-development errand boy who somehow combines a naive, romantic nature with the bitter cynicism of someone who’s learned that the system is always on the side of the powerful. I love the reluctant yet irresistible pull that Soo-jung has on him, and the way they seem to spark whenever they share a scene. I am a bit frustrated with her character at this point, though; I get that she simply testified to what she heard back in the day, but I don’t understand how she can be so ready to expel him again now, knowing how it’s impacted his life, and with the added wisdom and responsibility of her position as his teacher.

My Strange Hero: Episodes 7-8

by SailorJumun

strangehero78-00283.jpg

First week back at school, and our hero already manages to get himself into trouble. He just can’t stay still when the people around him are ignoring the system’s blaring problems. And since he’s paying attention to these problems, everyone else starts to too. Perhaps he has a lot more to offer besides some simple revenge scheme.

COMMENTS

There’s a “but” to that, right? Tell me there’s a “but,” Soo-jung. Because you’re making it very difficult for me to root for you. I was pleased when she told her class that they were all special because she blurted it out as if it was by accident, as if it was a reflex. And that’s a good sign for her. But she has to use a lot more than pure instinct if she wants to be the teacher she’s aiming to be.

I have a lot to say about this episode’s flashbacks, so let’s jump into it. This whole thing just doesn’t make sense. Bok-soo isn’t the type of person to go around saying Soo-jung is poor or that he painted her gate, even to Se-ho. Something tells me that Se-ho was stalking her. He followed her all over school, so I could see him taking it a step too far. And after seeing Soo-jung and Bok-soo acting all lovey-dovey in front of her house, his jealousy could’ve provoked his lies. Though this seems like a terrible thing for him to do–and it definitely is–it also seems strangely childlike. Present-day Se-ho exudes utmost confidence and intelligence, but 2009 Se-ho exudes a dangerous kind of innocence.

Se-ho lives with a mother who doesn’t even know (or just doesn’t care) about his food allergies. So I doubt that Mom ever tried to be a part of her son’s life. He’s had to do everything himself, learn everything himself, to the point of only knowing what he’s studied in books. His studies were all he had until he came to Seolsong High. Until he was ranked lower than Soo-jung. While that may have started a doomed crush, it’s not what started his downfall. It was Bok-soo. Bok-soo, who had never gotten a good grade, who had never moved from his bottom rank. Bok-soo, who everyone still respected and adored, Soo-jung included. And since Se-ho’s mom probably raised him into thinking he had to be the best, he had to be better than Bok-soo. After all these years, he’s still trying to outdo Bok-soo, with no idea as to how.

Apparently, the only way for Se-ho to outdo Bok-soo back in high school was to make him evil in Soo-jung’s eyes. And I’m just going to be honest–I am extremely disappointed in Soo-jung for letting her emotions get the best of her. Like Se-ho, her studies were really all she had. She locked herself in her own mind so she could focus on nothing but school, and so she couldn’t get hurt. It’s telling that whenever we see flashbacks of her right before the roof fight, she’s nervously standing behind the door, afraid to open it and confront what’s happening. Instead, she went off what she heard and what she was feeling in that moment. She was feeling anger and hurt and betrayal, and those emotions eventually led her to hurting someone else.

I felt sorry for Soo-jung when her secret got out (freaking kids can be so cruel), but um, that does not justify her getting Bok-soo expelled. That does not justify her ruining his life. Not even close. No matter how mad she was, she should’ve gotten his side of the story rather than fill in the blanks herself. Because, with where her mind was at the time, those blanks were doomed to be filled with exaggeration. So I had to agree with Bok-soo when he called her fake. She may find it intimidating or downright scary, but she needs to break through the prison of her mind and face reality. Bok-soo managed to knock one prison down (it was overdramatic, but I’ll give it a pass since it was also badass), and I’m glad that it’s already started to inspire others. I could tell that Soo-jung was inspired too; she just doesn’t want to admit it.

I know that Bok-soo wants his revenge, but rather than the petty remarks or impulsive actions, I think the greatest revenge would be actually changing Seolsong High. The students are getting suffocated by the system, and Bok-soo is like that bit of fresh air that they need. He may not be able to save himself, but he could very well save his classmates. If he wants to do that, he has to get through to Soo-jung and Se-ho. It may seem impossible to him now, but there has to be a sliver of hope.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/my-strange-hero-episodes-7-8/

My Strange Hero: Episodes 5-6

by SailorJumun

strangehero56-00292.jpg

Tired of being played with, our strange hero returns to the school that ruined his life, facing the same people who helped ruin it. And if these people won’t tell him what happened all those years ago, then he’ll just have to find out himself. But he won’t get his answers, or his revenge, that easy–Seolsong High has some surprises in store first.

COMMENTS

The  history behind this trio is getting more and more interesting. With each layer we peel back, the situation is looking less diabolical on Se-ho and Soo-jung’s part. For us, as viewers, Bok-soo is still the victim here, but I’m beginning to understand why Se-ho and Soo-jung might believe that they’re victims too. A big part of it falls under some unknown misunderstanding. We know that Soo-jung carries feelings of horror and disappointment because she thinks that Bok-soo assaulted their friend, but what else does she think? What else is she thinking that drives her obvious anger? Does it have something to do with whatever the boys were fighting about?

Which brings me to Se-ho. Ohhh, Se-ho. Kwak Dong-yeon did such a good job at making this character seem like a total psycho, so this episode’s flashbacks took me aback. Back then, the kid seemed like such a sweetheart (up until those last few moments on the roof). He was smart, he was shy, and he was… I don’t know, innocent? I still saw traces of that on the roof, when Bok-soo was beating the crap out of him. Rather than crazy, Se-ho looked broken. And he was pleading with Bok-soo as if he was asking Bok-soo to fix him. To save him. This tells me that that this sudden suicide attempt isn’t about some love triangle.

Seeing Se-ho’s home life, there are already several hints that could explain his behavior that day. We met a Se-ho that had already accepted his lifestyle, that had used it to his advantage. But back then, as a high schooler, it had to have been suffocating. And whatever happened, whether it had to do with home, his mom, school or Soo-jung, he just wanted Bok-soo on his side. To see him as pitiful, as the victim. And to have Bok-soo turn away, that must’ve felt like some kind of betrayal. Enough of a betrayal to prompt his false accusation. Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe Se-ho was just that manipulative, even then. And, question: Why do these kids have easy access to the roof? And whyare there no railings?

Anyway, I digress. As excited as I am for our trio’s story, I’m just as excited for the actual high school hijinks that Bok-soo is sure to get into. For some reason, it never occurred to me that his young nephew In-ho would also be at Seolsong High. It creates some great tension. He doesn’t want to hurt In-ho, so he can’t act out as much as he thought he could. But at the same time, he can’t really protect In-ho either. He can’t go flying around doing parkour and the bullies’ errands all the time. Still, I’m glad that Bok-soo has at least one friendly face at that school.

There’s never one moment where I’m bored with this drama, and that in itself is such a great feeling. If I’m not laughing hysterically (which is most of the time), I’m fully invested in Bok-soo and his friends. Him and Teacher Park, him and Soo-jung, him and his family. The characters are so wonderfully realized, and I love seeing them all interact, whether they’re arguing or just goofing off. This perfect balance of humor and heart continues to make me one happy viewer.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/my-strange-hero-episodes-5-6/

• Like 3

Park Ah In And Jo Bo Ah Exchange Tense Words Over Yoo Seung Ho In “My Strange Hero”

Park Ah In And Jo Bo Ah Exchange Tense Words Over Yoo Seung Ho In “My Strange Hero”

Dec 22, 2018
by J. Lim

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “My Strange Hero” has released new stills showing a tense exchange between Jo Bo Ah and Park Ah In.

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), who is expelled from high school after being accused of being a violent bully and returns after many years for revenge. However, he finds himself caught up in an unexpected situation that leads to interesting situations.

Jo Bo Ah plays the role Son Soo Jung, Kang Bok Soo’s first love and a teacher at the school. Park Ah In is Yang Min Ji, who is Kang Bok Soo’s stalker. In the drama, they are set to form a love triangle with Kang Bok Soo in the middle of them.

The new stills show that tension as Jo Bo Ah can be seen looking at Park Ah In with a steely gaze. Yang Min Ji goes to the school to search for Son Soo Jung, and they have a conversation that doesn’t seem to go well. Soo Jung has her arms crossed and a cold look in her eye as Min Ji tries to convince her of something, and viewers are curious to know what words are exchanged between the two.

Park-Ah-In-Jo-Bo-Ah-1.jpg

The production staff stated, “This will be the scene where Son Soo Jung, who parted ways with Kang Bok Soo nine years ago due to unfortunate circumstances, and Yang Min Ji, who has stuck by Kang Bok Soo’s side for the past nine years, meet again. Please anticipate the tension that is between them.”

The confrontation between Jo Bo Ah and Park Ah In will be revealed in the upcoming episode of “My Strange Hero,” wihich will air on December 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1281855wpp/park-ah-jo-bo-ah-exchange-tense-words-yoo-seung-ho-strange-hero

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dinithma said:

guysss....does anyone know how to watch cultwo show (which bo a and seung ho appeared) with eng sub ...or are their anyone who can translate it ???? plsss I'm dying for it :confounded:

I searched for it and didn't find it, otherwise I would have already posted it here. It is not the first time that a YSH video has not been translated,  I'm so used to it that I don't even bother with it :lol:.  

--------

So SJ is defying MJ because of her jealousy ?  This is another red card for me. They broke up 9 years ago, she is overstepping the bounderies and has no right to show up in front of BS' supposed girlfriends or lash out at them.  :mellow:

• Like 3

YSH IG update 

Translation   merry christboksoo, escape from solo.. ! A date with Bok Soo on christmas, my heart would break even I imagine that. If I'm Son Soo Jeong, I will spend all of my love..bang bang so I recall Bok Soo oppa. I would look forward from you, Kang Bok Soo.. .
Watch SBS My Strange Hero <Bok Soo is Back> every Mon-Tue at 10 p.m (KST)!

cr : iloveyoo_ 

• Like 3

BTS 

32f005dc0f904d5d8bb8b9b1bdc01de8.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho Comes To Jo Bo Ah’s Rescue In “My Strange Hero”

Dec 24, 2018
by D. S.kim

SBS’s drama “My Strange Hero” has released new stills featuring Yoo Seung Ho coming to save Jo Bo Ahfrom a dangerous situation.

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), who was expelled from high school after unfairly being accused of pushing a classmate off the roof. Many years later, he returns to the school for revenge. Jo Bo Ah plays the role of Son Soo Jung, the first love of Kang Bok Soo who is also a teacher at the school.

In the previous episode, Kang Bok Soo found himself in yet more trouble at school for causing property damage to the school while trying to save a student from danger. While he did so with good intentions, the teachers and parents saw him as a threat to other students, and they held a meeting to determine his punishment. Son Soo Jung took the teachers and parents’ side, calling Kang Bok Soo “the most dangerous student in the history of Seol Song High School.”

While they did not show the results of the meeting, the new stills released on December 24 show Kang Bok Soo and Son Soo Jung in a rather intimate position. In the upcoming episodes, Son Soo Jung pays a visit to a karaoke cafe and gets herself in a dangerous situation. Kang Bok Soo comes to her rescue and pulls her closer to him to protect her.

Jo-Bo-Ah-Yoo-Seung-Ho-1.jpg

The production team commented, “The chemistry between Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah is getting better and better everyday. It is to the point where every staff member is looking forward to the scenes with the two of them together. Please look forward to finding out whether the couple will be able to resolve the misunderstanding from 9 years ago and continue on their silly but sweet romance.”

The intimate interaction between Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah will be included in the upcoming episode of “My Strange Hero,” which will air on December 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1282467wpp/yoo-seung-ho-comes-jo-bo-ahs-rescue-strange-hero

• Like 7