Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Was just recommended this show and so far I haven’t been disappointed with what they have shown us. Love all the characters. They are fun to watch as well as try and understand their motivations as well.

But before I get into the drama itself I have to wonder if Seho really the villain. At times that is exactly what it seems like with him giving those evil looking smirks knowing that he has finally got what he wants and has pulled one successfully over the main leads but at other times his motivation seems to be just as puzzling.

Spoiler

For instance, when he returned to Korea and saw the report of Boksu rescuing a person he couldn’t help but smile and mention that Boksu is still the same that can’t help but meddle in other people’s business. At that time, he seemed to be genuine in his comment. There didn’t seem to be any kind of ulterior motive. So I have to question is he truly evil or is that merely a matter of perspective after all I doubt any evil person genuinely considers himself as evil and only thinks that he is doing what he does for the greater good. Clearly there are exception to said point.

If we further look into Seho and his actions let’s look at things from another perspective. When the incident happened everyone was a kid more or less so things weren’t in their control of what happened then but now that time has passed it is time to make amends. For instance, Seho’s mother seems to be someone that care for appearance so to conceal the fact that her son might have tried to commit suicide expels the one student that could have done it and so that her son can’t correct her point and further embarrasses her packs him of the study abroad as well as recover. Seho probably has no idea of Boksu’s fate till much later on. When he returns he tries to remedy this mistake by trying to convince his mother to take Boksu back. Naturally the mother isn’t going to be okay with that therefore he has to spin it in a way that she will approve of. Again this comes up to the matter of appearances. Him back in school will look good for her as well as Boksu finally getting to complete what was unjustly taken from him. This way everyone wins. Now one can ask why doesn’t Seho simply apologize to Seho and let the matter end after all that is probably all that Boksu wants. True but if we consider the fact that what Seho was saying about Boksu was correct and that they were friends he probably would realize that is all that he would do. Boksu would probably never return to school without a nudge especially to do a favour to someone that has wronged him. In other words, Seho has to nudge him in the right direction even if he has to act out the role of the villain. This will eventually ease his conciseness has he has tried to make right of what was once made wrong.

As for Soo Seong it is harder to grasp just how far she is aware of things of what happened in the past. The comments by each side make us wonder and I suspect that this is the writers main point. The one thing that we have seen of Soo Jung so far is that she was extremely concerned about her studies/ranking when she was a kid and she wouldn’t want anything to come in her way and that perfect score. If Boksu wasn’t going to play ball with her she would force him to do so like when she threatened him that first time when she took him to the roof and all. So we have to question what exactly did she witness that day on the roof and just how much was she coerced to say when she had to make her statement. Was she also threatened to be expelled along with Bongsu if she didn’t play ball with the upper management. If she was the only bread winner of the family or she had such stress on her then it would make sense that she decided to accept the deal. But then again it doesn’t make sense the way she tries to avoid Bongsu. Or is cold towards him. What I suspect happened is more along the line that the moment she entered the roof she saw Bongsu drop Seho (he stated that he held onto the last second so she enters just when he couldn’t hold on any more). So she believes that is exactly what happened. Also she may have been further influenced by what Seho’s mother may have told her. Since she had only witnessed the end she had no idea of what exactly happened. In this case the mother may have revealed to her that Seho confided in her that Boksu pushed him and thus she believed that.

Remember the homeroom teacher seems to have finally figured out what has happened and is trying to fix the problems from his end such as trying to encourage all the parties to have a sit down and clear up their misunderstandings. Did he finally discover that the principal lied about the matter to protect her reputation? Also we have the anonymous poster that posted something on the school board did I miss something or is this the same post regarding the student that attempted to commit suicide or another post because if it is can it be the former homeroom teacher that is again trying to fix the problems on his own end but to the best of his ability. Also he seems to be the only decent teacher in that school that actually seems to care about his students this can be seen by the fact that he continues to visit Boksu and company even after they left the school. Had he been like the rest of the staff he wouldn’t bother about them as well.

Speaking of Boksu and his friends I admire their loyalty towards him but I have to wonder if Boksu is doing the right thing. These friends couldn’t bear to see the injustice of him being expelled that they decided to quit school along with him. Would love to see someone do something similar in the real world but that is beside the point. The point is because of Boksu their own careers ended since they decided to tag along with him. Now it is true that one might be okay with the fact that since these students were never any good not much difference would have been made in the long run and that they were just saving everyone a lot of time and work. But can we actually be sure what if the correct motivation for them wasn’t found. Boksu is a perfect example. He himself was a so called poor student but he got his motivation from Soo Jung and wanting to impress her. What if there was something similar for his friends? When they walked away they threw away that chance. then comes Boksu’s second chance when he gets to go back to school and while I know that this is only a short term plan on his end what if turns out to be more. In that case shouldn’t he have also included his friends to rejoin the school. Somehow I feel that Seho might not have an issue with that unless he was truly evil. So no matter how short his time his friends should have the same chances as him. I am sure that they will have better roles to play in the future and that is why they didn’t return but for how long will they plan on sticking together like this.

On another hand this drama reminds me of a Japanese Drama I watched a few years back with Ryoko Yonekura in it. I think it was called Back To School At 35 if I am not mistaken. Though she clearly looked like a woman attending school whereas he still looks like a student to an extent.  Perhaps things will play out similarly in this show as well.

Boksu seems to have a good heart just due to circumstances he now needs an excuse to act out on them without fearing the consequences. Such as when he witnessed Soo Jung falling of the bridge he was wondering why nobody else jumped in for the rescue and him being paid was merely an excuse. Given similar situations I can see him resolving the school problems. A student is being bullied well he won’t lift a finger now even though he wants but the moment the victim offers to pay him he will gladly use that as an excuse and come to his rescue, a frustrated student wants to make a statement or play a prank but has no idea of what to do hires him and he produces results. The best thing is that everyone gains from this. Since Boksu is known to be a troublemaker everyone is going to blame him and the students get what they want. Boksu himself doesn’t really care about the school and wants them to suffer so he wins out as well.

Anyway let’s leave it at this for the moment. Will add more later on but have to attend to my work for the time being. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. Also lets hope that the drama doesn’t disappoint but continues to improve. :D

• Like 5

13 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Was just recommended this show and so far I haven’t been disappointed with what they have shown us. Love all the characters. They are fun to watch as well as try and understand their motivations as well.

Sorry to cut your post, but can I just thank whoever recommended the drama to you, because your comments are very well-written.

@Berou you are right, HCY's OST is a sad ballad :)  

Thanks to How Entertainment:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

035adfda4867409ea552d23aad7ac120.jpeg?s=

First Impressions: “My Strange Hero” Premiere Delivers Rom-Com With A Side Of Revenge

Dec 17, 2018
by hgordon

High school romance gets a second chance in “My Strange Hero” —  if it can overcome a traumatic past and troubled present. SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama gave us a little bit of everything in its premiere this week: lighthearted comedy, suspense, revenge, and engaging characters who we already can’t wait to learn more about. With an engrossing story and an incredibly talented cast, “My Strange Hero” has all the makings of our next K-drama obsession this winter. Want to know what we thought of the premiere? Read on!

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 1-4 ahead!

Son Soo Jeong (Jo Bo Ah) and Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho) are both struggling young adults, down on their luck: Soo Jeong is a part-time teacher who desperately wishes to gain full-time employment, and Bok Soo takes on various odd jobs to make a living. When Soo Jeong accidentally tumbles over a bridge while attempting to stop one of her students from committing suicide, Bok Soo rescues her from the river below. The two are thus reunited for the first time since their high school days, and we learn that Soo Jeong is partially responsible for Bok Soo getting expelled from high school years ago.

In the first four episodes, the drama interweaves the present storyline with scenes from Bok Soo and Soo Jeong’s shared past very effectively, allowing us to see the characters’ present unfold as we learn more about their history. In school, Soo Jeong, the high-achieving class president, had been tasked with helping Bok Soo raise his failing grades, and the two began to fall in love.

The pair’s romance is refreshingly different from most K-drama couples: it’s clear that what attracts Bok Soo to Soo Jeong is her motivation and drive to achieve. Bok Soo doesn’t need to protect or help Soo Jeong; he’s happy to just sit and learn math and grammar from her. This makes the chemistry between the two even sweeter — until Soo Jeong gets Bok Soo expelled when she claims to have seen him commit a violent act. We already know this can’t be true, because while Bok Soo might not be the smartest, it’s clear from the get-go that he has a heart of absolute gold (and a smile to match — gotta love Yoo Seung Ho!).

In the present day, Soo Jeong’s student’s failed suicide sets off a wave of criticism against the high school and the excruciating academic pressure it now places on students. Since Bok Soo rescued Soo Jeong during the incident, the school decides that the best way to distract from this bad press is by showing its generosity and allowing Bok Soo to return to finish his education. The logic of this plan is admittedly a bit unclear, as Bok Soo’s past is rather irrelevant to the issues at hand, but we’ll go with it.

Interestingly enough, this idea is proposed by Oh Se Ho (Kwak Dong Yeon), the student against whom Bok Soo allegedly committed the violence that got him expelled. Se Ho is the school director’s son, so we know there is probably some good old fashioned nepotism going on there.

The drama does not yet completely reveal what happened between Bok Soo and Se Ho in high school, although we can guess: Se Ho tried to jump off a building, Bok Soo tried to save him, and Se Ho, unwilling to admit that he had attempted suicide, claimed that Bok Soo had pushed him.

More mysterious is the question of how Soo Jeong fits into this picture. Did she really think that Bok Soo had done it? Or did high-achieving Soo Jeong get blackmailed into accusing her high school sweetheart in order to somehow protect herself?

Clearly, this story has a lot of emotion behind it, and “My Strange Hero” accentuates characters’ feelings quite beautifully with its cinematography: flashback scenes feature soft filters and fluttering curtains, and the camera zooms in on interesting little details and movements.

Facial expressions in particular are emphasized: Yoo Seung Ho is able to convey extraordinary emotion with just his gaze, and “My Strange Hero” capitalizes on its talented lead with many lingering shots of his face.

But when it’s not focusing on Yoo Seung Ho looking wistful or forlorn, “My Strange Hero” is high on the comedy meter. This is largely from Bok Soo’s job as a sort of “do anything” for hire, which gets him into some hilariously odd situations: breaking up with someone’s girlfriend for them, crashing a wedding, performing a weirdly sensual mukbang….

It’s interesting that the drama can be so funny when it has also shown us two suicide attempts, and I’m a bit nervous about whether “My Strange Hero” is going to tackle this topic with the seriousness it deserves. The drama is a comedy at its core, so I don’t expect it to make a profound statement on mental health issues, but I would be uncomfortable if it uses suicide solely as a plot device without at least acknowledging it as a serious reality.

That being said, the drama may well address this with Se Ho, who has a lot of layers to him that will be peeled back as the story progresses. This is Kwak Dong Yeon’s first role as a villain, and so far he’s doing a fantastic job of conveying a character who is calm at first glance, but visibly extremely unstable just beneath the surface. His expressions are chilling!

The drama also didn’t win any points for making homosexuality the butt of a joke within the first five minutes (man kisses a groom to help the bride escape from her wedding; audience reacts with disgust). Nevertheless, “My Strange Hero” is unexpectedly progressive in other ways, not only with the inverted gender roles of its main couple but also with the addition of some diversity to its cast. Black characters in K-dramas are few and far between, and we are so looking forward to getting to know friendly convenience store worker Sim Ran (Joel Roberts) better!

Overall, “My Strange Hero” promises to deliver plenty of laughs and sweet romance, with some undercurrents of deeper subjects that we all can relate to: fears of not being good enough, pressures of work and school, and dealing with past traumas in order to move forward. The characters are easy to love: Bok Soo is incredibly likable, and he and Soo Jeong are both flawed but genuine and admirable in different ways. With such a talented cast, it’s going to be equal parts fascinating and fun to follow these characters back to school!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1277341wpp/first-impressions-strange-hero-premiere-delivers-rom-com-revenge

16 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

But before I get into the drama itself I have to wonder if Seho really the villain. At times that is exactly what it seems like with him giving those evil looking smirks knowing that he has finally got what he wants and has pulled one successfully over the main leads but at other times his motivation seems to be just as puzzling.

My take on OSH is that he is a psychopath. I was creeped out with his smiles. He is a very interesting villain to dissect. I interpreted his smirks, his comment on Bok Soo at the airport as sarcasm. He uses a lot of sarcasm : 1) he told his mother BS and him were friends, which is not true 2) when he met Bok Soo he said something like : " Im glad to meet you again, my friend" with a smirk. He likes to mess with people, to enrage them ( see his confrontation scene with BS when Bs delivered chinese food).... it  seems to be a game for him, just like how he joked with his suicide attempt on the rooftop. I am also doubting that he manipulates people too, but I am waiting for more episodes to confirm my hunch. What made me think like this is the cafe scene with SH and SJ when SJ riposted by asking him when did she help him. His manipulative behaviour could explain why SJ testified wrongly, she could be a victim of him after all. 

I dont think his proposal to get BS back in school is part of his attempt to redeem himself, because he hasnt shown till now any remorse to what he did. He never contacted BS and apologized to him after the incident, until BS became again useful to him. To me, he has his own hidden plans that go beyond using BS for the school's image and controlling the citizens' sentiments. 

What I suspect happened is more along the line that the moment she entered the roof she saw Bongsu drop Seho (he stated that he held onto the last second so she enters just when he couldn’t hold on any more). So she believes that is exactly what happened. Also she may have been further influenced by what Seho’s mother may have told her. Since she had only witnessed the end she had no idea of what exactly happened. In this case the mother may have revealed to her that Seho confided in her that Boksu pushed him and thus she believed that

I share similar views about the suicide attempt. The flashbacks that were shown were too rapid for us to grasp anything and deduce anything. But there was one frame in which SJ gasped, put her hands on her mouth as she saw BS failing to hold SH. If she had been there from the beginning, she would have helped BS. So, I think she interpreted the scene wrongly and thought he really pushed him. But he is her boyfriend and knows him better and should have given him the benefit of doubt. 

Also we have the anonymous poster that posted something on the school board did I miss something or is this the same post regarding the student that attempted to commit suicide or another post

The editing has some issues, the sequences of events after that anonymous post were hard to follow.  From what I understood,  it is the same student who tried to commit suicide. He posted that he was a student from x high school in Ivy league class ( the top class of the school ) without revealing his name. 

@cynkdf Yes the casting director did a very good job. I still wonder how he managed to  cast them, especially seniors actors that doesn't easily accept any role. It somehow gives me some faith that this drama is going be good because I watched previous ones in which they appeared and I liked those dramas.

Haha. See ? I told you HCY's voice fits ballads/ sad songs :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Berou thanks for posting that Soompi write-up, it's brilliant. Is the handsome bridegroom in the cameo (first ep) the same actor who acted in "Remember"?

YSH is already recognized as an excellent actor, I am hoping for him to be in a well-written drama that is acclaimed critically (I don't trust ratings) and for KDY, I hope this is his breakout role.

As a crazy HCY stan I must share this, which I find amusing nonetheless. This morning a Weibo blogger posted about the official OST 3 poster and one fan

Spoiler

commented: "But that isn't a picture of HCY!"  The answer from the blogger: "This is an OST, how can the picture be of him (ie HCY)?"

• Like 3

Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo Top Rankings For Buzzworthy Actors + “SKY Castle” Continues To Rise In Popularity

Dec 17, 2018
by sala12

On December 17, Good Data Corporation released a list of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from December 10 to December 16.

The data was compiled from an analysis of responses on 31 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

JTBC’s “SKY  Castle” ranked No. 1, pushing tvN’s “Encounter” into second place after being No. 1 for three weeks in a row. “SKY Castle” has shown a continuous incline for three weeks after its premiere. Kim Bo Ra’s role of a student in poverty is also gaining a lot of attention as she made it into the 10th place slot for the list of top 10 buzzworthy actors. The diverse characters with strong individuality in “SKY Castle” are gaining a lot of attention as 15 cast members placed within the top 100.

Although “Encounter” ranked second overall, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo have ranked first and second, respectively, for three weeks in a row on the top buzzworthy actors list. Hyun Binand Park Shin Hye from “Memories of the Alhambra” ranked third and sixth, respectively. Jang Nara ranked No. 4 after her refreshing acting gained attention in SBS’s “The Last Empress.” Yoo Seung Ho came in fifth place with Jo Bo Ah in seventh after the premiere of “My Strange Hero,” which has also gained a lot of attention from the public.

Here’s the full list below!

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Dramas

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle” (14.73 percent)
  2. tvN’s “Encounter” (14.28 percent)
  3. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” (13.8 percent)
  4. SBS’s “The Last Empress” (12.17 percent)
  5. SBS’s “My Strange Hero” (4.72 percent)
  6. JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now” (4.24 percent)
  7. MBC’s “Less than Evil” (3.96 percent)
  8. tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (3.42 percent)
  9. tvN’s “Top Star Yoo Baek” (2.96 percent)
  10. OCN’s “God’s Quiz: Reboot” (2.78 percent)

Buzzworthy-Drama.jpg

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Actors

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  5. Yoo Seung Ho – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  6. Park Shin Hye – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  7. Jo Bo Ah – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  8. Kim Yoo Jung – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  9. Yoon Kyun Sang – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  10. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”

Buzzworthy-Actor.jpg

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1279375wpp/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-top-rankings-buzzworthy-actors-sky-castle-continues-rise-popularity

BTS video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

BTS photos 

bAX1545009803022-600.jpg

F0z1545009815921-600.jpg

dCy1545009998389-600.jpg

Spoiler

NFM1545010007186-600.jpg

tWK1545010016349-600.jpg

aIv1545010115392-600.jpg

75M1545010174397-600.jpg

avR1545010379345-600.jpg

10p1545010387913-600.jpg

pqw1545010953692-600.jpg

0yw1545010962084-600.jpg

j5j1545011129826-600.jpg

fRH1545011138077-600.jpg

MNX1545011146889-600.jpg

V551545011570151-600.jpg

f5E1545011579375-600.jpg

ErW1545011587729-600.jpg

S4D1545011597147-600.jpg

Jv41545012515853-600.jpg

jnu1545012523702-600.jpg

MQP1545012804587-600.jpg

jBo1545013415402-600.jpg

MZa1545013677261-600.jpg

00N1545026259109-600.jpg

1wv1545030916140-600.jpg

GIU1545030573286-600.jpg

dRK1545029862176-600.jpg

H9j1545029792248-600.jpg

PnB1545029402891-600.jpg

NII1545029412151-600.jpg

N6F1545027281520-600.jpg

p2H1545027291724-600.jpg

gEO1545026802593-600.jpg

9at1545026812394-600.jpg

8LA1545026821697-600.jpg

ap51545026652637-600.jpg

Cr SBS website

@cynkdf yes it the same actor :). And the bride played in ruler. Moreover the mother who threw water at BS appeared in Remember as the woman who was abused by her husband,  got rescued by SJW and later became a lawyer and worked with SJW in his law firm.

• Like 4

Kwak Dong Yeon instagram update 

8388c10887d34b1494b382578cf6f45d.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, And Kwak Dong Yeon Face Off On The Rooftop In “My Strange Hero”

Dec 17, 2018
by sala12

New stills of “My Strange Hero” reveal a three way rooftop face-off between Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, and Kwak Dong Yeon.

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday romantic comedy drama “My Strange Hero” is about Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho) who is expelled from school after being falsely accused of violence. Years later, Kang Bok Soo returns to the same high school as an adult to get revenge, but his plans go awry as he becomes swept up in a series of unexpected incidents instead.

In the “incident” that happened nine years ago, Oh Se Ho (played by Kwak Dong Yeon) fell from the school’s rooftop, and Son Soo Jeong (played by Jo Bo Ah) witnessed Kang Bok Soo looking at Oh Se Ho over the edge of the rooftop. Oh Se Ho and Son Soo Jeong point out Kang Bok Soo as the culprit, and Kang Bok Soo gets dragged to the police.

In the released stills, the three meet as adults and are shown to be having a tense conversation as they coincidentally meet at the rooftop where the incident took place nine years prior.

My-Strange-Hero6.jpg

The production staff said, “This is an important scene where Kang Bok Soo, Son Soo Jeong, and Oh Se Ho talk about the ‘incident’ for the first time. Please look forward to finding out the real story as the three people reunite for the first time in nine years. Today’s episode will be the beginning of the thrilling revenge against the high school where ‘happiness is strictly based on rankings.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279347wpp/yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ah-kwak-dong-yeon-face-off-rooftop-strange-hero

• Like 3

Kim Mi Kyung IG update 

Jo Bo Ah  IG update 

[My Strange Hero] Eps 5 & 6 spoilers, Yoo Seung Ho x Jo Bo Ah x Kwak Dong Yeon

hero.png

Article: Naver 'My Strange Hero' Yoo Seung Ho X Jo Bo Ah, will they uncover the secret to Kwak Dong Yeon's suicide attempt 9 years ago? 

1. [+577,-8]
Wow, Yoo Seung Ho is so handsome. Jo Bo Ah is so pretty. Everyone's so good at acting. Even the directing is good too. Time just flew by watching this drama. 

2. [+486,-15]
Is it possible to go back to school after 9 years? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But why are the other students looking older than Yoo Seung Ho? 

3. [+376,-8]
I think Seung Ho picked his drama well this time. 

4. [+286,-7]
Yoo Seung Ho is really handsome. 

5. [+270,-9]
The ending for today's episode is awesome.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Please give us some previews.  ㅠㅠㅠ Yoo Seung Ho, Kwak Dong Yeon, Jo Bo Ah, they are all good-looking, and their acting is good. The story is funny and then exciting. It's fun.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+78,-2]
I didn't have much expectations for this, but it's interesting and I was absorbed in the show. Time flies quickly. 

7. [+54,-0]
Yoo Seung Ho is an actor that has everything from acting to looks. 

8. [+52,-0]
Today's episode was really interesting!! Kwak Dong Yeon's mother is strange somehow and he seems like a child with scars.. I'm curious about what the two were fighting about 10 years ago. 

Spoiler

revenge.png

Article: Naver 'My Strange Hero' Jo Bo Ah, hired as a permanent teacher, "Completely qualified" 

1. [+254,-4]
Kwak Dong Yeon's acting is really good. By the way, Seung Ho has a baby face, I can't differentiate him from the present and 10 years ago. 

2. [+119,-1]
Wow, daebak. What is this drama? It's fun and exciting. The actors' acting skills and directing are the best too! I think Yoo Seung Ho picked a good drama this time. 

3. [+90,-2]
Our Seung Ho~~ It's so interesting~~ ♡

4. [+76,-3]
Kwak Dong Yeon's acting is good too. 

5. [+59,-2]
Story jjang~!!! Yoo Seung Ho jjang~!!!! Give us some previews~~!!!!!!!!! 

6. [+43,-2]
Wow.. The acting is insane, directing is insane too. But why don't they have previews? Seriously, I'm getting goosebumps whenever I watch this drama. And it's touching. Yoo Seung Ho, Kwak Dong Yeon, Jo Bo Ah, they are all acting geniuses. Oh Se Ho was mentally ill for a short while because of his mother when he was a student. Son Soo Jung was having a hard time because she needed money. Seems like she only saw the part where Bok Soo grabbed his tie and misunderstood him. I hope they resolve it and date again. Also, be friends with Se Ho again. 

7. [+32,-1]
Today's episode was the most interesting one for me. 

8. [+30,-0]
Yoo Seung Ho's acting is so good. 

9. [+26,-0]
Rather than watching 'Less Than Evil' which doesn't make sense and is cruel, I'd rather watch something childish and funny like this one. 

10. [+25,-0]
It's Kwak Dong Yeon's first time taking on a villain role but he's doing it well. 

Cr:melohwa

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I  am sorry but she is dumb she made that assumption herself only after seeing the tail end of an accident.

I think there's something else... She was crying as she was going up the stairs on that flashback

• Like 5

I really dont get how she think he could do something,like this when she did not even see the whole thing.Also she does not fine anything if this weird when the guy that he supposedly push wanted him back at the school like really?

Her whole attitude  about situation really annoys me so More and more I think she was paid off. :rage:Or just really stupid :smirk:

Anyway you slice it his like got ruin and she is part of the reason be it ignorance or malice

Preview

• Like 4

@dramaninja the feedback about the female lead is very bad, 50 % have jumped on the hate/anti ship. The drama portrays her very badly and the writer purposely doesn't lay down the whole backstory, we're given bits of it. As I predicted it, she came to the crime scene late and might have misunderstood (which is not proven in the drama). We don't know if she misunderstood him because the suicide attempt ended as a cliffhanger. As @macello has pointed it out there is more.  Why did she cry when she rushed to the rooftop ? Why did SH and BS have a fight ? we know it is about SJ, but what SH did to make BS angry ? Why SJ isn't thankful that BS saved her life ? Why SJ is so mean to BS ?

Why SJ said to BS this ? 

h0Djzij.jpg

Until now we dont know the reasons why she lied and testified wrongly. All we can do is to speculate. Perhaps she was manipulated or coerced or wanted to pay BS back for something he has done ... BS is the anchor point of the drama, we have watched most of flashbacks and the drama through his eyes. We haven't gotten an insight of SJ's point of view. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Berou said:

@cynkdf yes it the same actor :). And the bride played in ruler. Moreover the mother who threw water at BS appeared in Remember as the woman who was abused by her husband,  got rescued by SJW and later became a lawyer and worked with SJW in his law firm.

Thanks :) The angry mother is played by Lee Jung Eun, who acted brilliantly as  Haman-daek, Aeshin's adorable maid in "Mr Sunshine". Look forward to more interesting cameos!

Official MV for OST 3 - hoping to hear it in ep 4 tonight:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@BerouYep this is just the start I really hoping she did not do this on purpose .

SH did something that much his obvious not sure what, he most likely cause the misunderstanding.I hope BS gets sweet justice!

• Like 5

Ratings 181217:

#MyStrangeHero: 4.5% | 5.9%

#JustDance: 2.1% | 2.2%

#BadDetective - #LessThanEvil: 7.1% | 8.5%

#CleanWithPassionForNow: 3.4%

#MamaFairyAndTheWoodcutter: 3.7%

cr: Netizendrama

Ah, thats why i like her more in variety show.. kdrama fans sometimes hate her because of her character in drama.. i hope its just misunderstanding, or Bok soo's fault :D:P

• Like 5