DqFadC5V4AA_mKs.jpg

Director

Ham Jun Ho ("Wok of Love" co-director)

Writer

Kim Yoon Yong (Rookie Writer)

Episodes: 32 (35 minutes/episode)

Broadcast Period

2018-Dec-10 to 2019-Feb-04

Mondays and Tuesdays 22:00 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)

About the Show

When Kang Bok-Soo (Yoo Seung-Ho) was a high school student, he was falsely accused of committing violence and kicked out of school. This was caused by his first love Son Soo-Jung (Jo Bo-Ah) and a male student Oh Se-Ho.

Kang Bok-Soo is now an adult, but his life has not gone smoothly. To get revenge on Son Soo-Jung and Oh Se-Ho, he returns to the same high school as a student. The environment at the school has changed and Kang Bok-Soo gets involved in unexpected cases.

Production Information

Took over the Mon-Tue Slot previously occupied by "Hymn of Death" on December 10th, 2018.

First script reading took place October 8, 2018 at SBS Ilsan Production Studios in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.

Cast

Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Bok Soo
Kang Bok Soo is a student who is expelled from school after being falsely accused of being a bully. He returns to school as an adult to seek revenge, but he is unexpectedly swept up in a series of new incidents.
DtdbELtVYAATyfS.jpg

Jo Bo Ah as Son Soo Jung
Son Soo Jung is the lovely and smart class president. She was Bok Soo’s first love, but she betrays him. She then returns to school as a teacher.
ssj.png

Kwak Dong Yeon as Oh Se Ho
Oh Se Ho is an always-smiling new chairman of the board at the high school, who has had a hard life. 
osh.png

Your Request's People

Kim Dong Yong as Lee Kyung Hyun (Bok-soo's childhood friend)
lbh.png

Park Ah In as Yang Min Ji (Bok-Soo’s adorable stalker and friend)
ymj.png

Bok-soo's Family
Kim Mi-kyung as Lee Jung-sun (Bok-soo's mother)
Kim Jae-hwa as Kang So-jung (Bok-soo's older sister)
Choi Won-hong as Kang In-ho (Bok-soo's nephew, So-jung's son)

People around Soo-jung
Kim Young-ok as Lee Sun-hye (Soo-jung's grandmother)

People around Se-ho
Kim Yeo-jin as Se-ho's mother

Seolsong School Students
Yeon Joon-seok as Oh Young-min
Lee Kang-min as Yoon Seung-woo
Yoo Seon-ho as Yoo Shi-on
Oh Hee-joon as Kim Jae-yoon
Jang Dong-joo as Lee Chae-min
Kim Da-ye as Gye So-ra
Hong Seung-beom as Choi Do-hyun

Seolsong School Teachers
Chun Ho-jin as Teacher Park
Jo Hyun-sik as Ma Young-joon (English Language Teacher)
Um Hyo-sup as Kim Kwi-chang (Principal)
Kim Kwang-hyu as Song Yoo-taek (Vice Principal)
Kim Do-yeon as Hong Jung-hye (Korean Language Teacher)
Park Kyung-hye as Jang Ji-hyun (Ethics Teacher)
Jang Won-young as Kim Guk-hyun (Student's manager)
Jung Hee as Dong Hee (P.E. Teacher)
Chae Song-ah as Park Min-hee (Teacher)

Parents of Seolsong School's Students
 ?? as Chae-min's mother
Kim Young-seon as Young-min's mother

Others
Shin Dam-soo as Kim Myung-ho
Kwon Hyuk

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama  | Wikipedia Kor | SBS official website | Wikipedia Eng

Teasers / Previews

Spoiler

Highlight Video

Making / Behind the Scenes

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Revenge Has Returned, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Yoo Seung Ho - Premiere in December

SEP 3 2018

Yoo Seung-Ho cast in SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back”

DmK4iJjVAAAl5Ti.jpg

Yoo Seung-Ho is cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back” (working and literal title). In the drama series, Yoo Seung-Ho will play title character Kang Bok-Soo. When he was younger, Kang Bok-Soo was kicked out of high school because of a girl he liked Son Soo-Jung and a boy Oh Se-Ho. As he an adult, he returns to the high school as a student to get revenge, but he gets involved in other cases.

“Bok-Soo’s Back” first airs December, 2018 taking over SBS’ Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Fox Bride Star.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/yoo-seung-ho-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-bok-soos-back

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Bok-Soo's Back, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Yoo Seung Ho - Premiere in December

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH!! Yoo Seung Ho is Back with a revenge-romance-highschool drama!! AWESOME!! the character's description looks perfect for him and I can't wait to see him being this goofy adult-small Hero!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

@Berou oh yeah I'm thinking about the same thing!! he's to play a sweet-revengful romance with a younger actress and I'm trying to guess who it can be!! this would be supper fun and sweet!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, Berou said:

My partner is back ! :w00t:

Long time no see ! 

That's the first thing that crossed my mind :rolleyes:, highschool drama = young actress partner. To be honest he looks a bit old ( I mean in age) to play a high school student, he is 25 y.o. So the female lead shouldn't be someone over 26/25.  We should start make our list and guess who it will be !!

YSH is continuing to be true to his principles and making unpredictable choices. I'm suuuree most expected him to go back doing a dark melo or play a villain ;). But he is doing what he likes and what he wants. And a light romance-comedy- revenge drama looks good. Even though it is a light drama, there is still some substance and plot , unlike his past drama I am not a Robot :unsure:. The synopsis looks promising and the drama has potential since it is stated he will get expelled wrongly. So I expect the drama to take a critical approach about highschool system, the corruption/ shady dealings within it. 

The only negative point is the writer, she/he is a rookie. I am not very at ease about it. His last two dramas had rookies writers too and we all know what happened. If the drama turn out decent, I will be happy. I don't ask much. I don't care about some plotholes here and there. The nightmare will be a trainwreck show. 

Hi partner!! :D well Yoo Seung Ho is back so I had to be back right?!! ;) 

well as we got to know the highschool part isn't the focus of the drama but his adulthood part so he'll be fine!! ;) now as for the female lead!! hmmm this is what came to my mind: 

1/ Kang So Ra: they acted together in 4th Period Mystey as student so it be great if they get to work together in this contination like drama!! :lol:

2/ Ryu Hwayoung: I really loved her in Mad Dog!! (hated her character in Grand Prince but she was a good actress there!! )

3/ IU: she was great in My Ahjusshi!!

4/ Jung Eun Ji: she one of the few good idol-tured-actresses!!

5/ Gong Seung Yeon: she was pretty good in Are you Human too!! 

6/ Lee Seun Bin: I heared good things about her in her drama Sketch with rain!!

7/ Jo Bo Ah: I hated her (the loved her) in Sweetest Stranger but hated her and didn't love her back in Temperature Of Love :lol: but she's really a good actress and it would be good match with Yoo Seung Ho if she's casted!! :D 

hhhhhhh I know that being a newbie writer can be worrying but we need to remember that All big names started newbies so we just need to hope for the best and trust Yoo seung Ho's choice in the drama!! ;) 

SEPTEMBER 4 2018

Jo Bo-Ah offered lead female role in SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back”

Bok-Soos_Back-TPLF22.jpg

Jo Bo-Ah has been offered the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back” co-starring Yoo Seung-Ho. Currently, Jo Bo-Ah is considering the offer. If she accepts, she will play the lead female character which currently doesn’t have a description. Casting of Yoo Seung-Ho for the lead male role was announced just yesterday.

“Bok-Soo’s Back” will first air December, 2018 in South Korea.

source

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Bok-Soo's Back, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Yoo Seung Ho - Premiere in December

I would've love to see a Yoo Seung Ho-Nam Ji Hyun pairing. She's real lovely,young,cute and decent actress and gives off that model student vibe (although I think it was stated up above that there's no description yet of the female lead).And I do believe she gets into the character of every role she gets.And if I remember it correctly,she'd like to have that role as a university student or sumthing.But since she just finished of filming the new drama that'll air next week, (if ever she receives an offer) not too sure if she'll consider or she'd be going back to school in real life. Some time in the future,maybe.

But then I love YSH too..I may not have seen all his projects,nonetheless I have high respects for him as an actor.Good  luck on this new drama.^_^

Oh heyy I had a glance at this drama earlier but didn't know it was YSH's!! My god, I have been waiting for his drama since I'm not a robot!! The description of the drama sounds very dark though with the emphasis on revenge, are you all sure this is gonna be rom-com :wacko: @Berou Long time no see :blush:

13 minutes ago, Berou said:

@Cecentre long time no see  too ! I'm happy to see you again :).  Finally we will see him again and I was seriously  losing patience these days. Yeah I know, when his fans read revenge, they thought about a dark drama, like the ones he is used to doing. However this is a highschool drama and we should be mindful of its background. In my opinion, the revenge will be light. Most highschool dramas are light and don't go dark. From the synopsis it looks like a romcom drama, with revenge as the plot. Soompi article stated it is a fun romance drama with a goofy hero, thus we can expect some comedy as a stress reliever too. Just to be certain, it would be better to get more information in the coming weeks. When we will see the teasers, fanaccounts and official stills,  I hope everything will be clear :)

I'm so happy to see you too! So glad to be talking in a drama thread again :P For some reason I only participate in YSH's drama thread lmaoo from Ruler of the Mask (for like a couple days) to INAR and now this one! I hope to be united with some more INAR folks :blush:

Honestly same! I was looking him up on the news occasionally, waiting for him to announce his participation in a drama already! Oh well, good things come to those who wait :P I have never watched revenge dramas so I don't know how dark those can get, but for me high school drama can get pretty dark especially on the topic of bullying... but hey! if the news reported that it's gonna be fun and goofy hero, sign me up!

2 hours ago, Berou said:

From the synopsis it looks like a romcom drama, with revenge as the plot. Soompi article stated it is a fun romance drama with a goofy hero, thus we can expect some comedy as a stress reliever too. Just to be certain, it would be better to get more information in the coming weeks. When we will see the teasers, fanaccounts and official stills,  I hope everything will be clear :)

dragonhiplz.gif?1  Thanks for the tag. Count me in, I can't wait to see YSH do goofy.:love:

@sakura2016Hello my friend, it's so nice to you again.  I can't believe you mentioned Jo Bo Ah for  Yoo's leading lady, she has been always been one of my favorites. I hope she takes it. It seemed like she was only getting evil second lead roles for a while. With a chance to act w/Yoo, she should be dancing and saying yes yes!crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif   (as long as she doesn't have to do evil)  

3 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I can't believe you mentioned Jo Bo Ah for  Yoo's leading lady, she has been always been one of my favorites. I hope she takes it. It seemed like she was only getting evil second lead roles for a while.

She was outstanding in the truly excellent Goodbye to Goodbye. I like YSH, but it's her I will be checking out this Drama for if she takes it. 

2 hours ago, Berou said:

Trust me. Even though it is a revenge drama with a highschool background, it is still  light in terms of " YSH's dark and melo" dramas. The melos he did before were full of drama, anguish and tears. He cried or had an anguished expression in every scene. Bullying is a sensitive topic and viewers might feel uncomfortable watching characters getting bullied, but we don't know what the writer has in mind for the plot. Maybe the drama won't touch on the bullying issue. 

Phew I can't handle lots of crying and tears, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing angsty scenes of him every once in a while like INAR lmaoo He's just so good at acting out those scenes that I still remember them even now ;-; Hopefully they won't touch the bullying issue, because it is one of the hardest topic to watch for me :< I have watched around 2-3 high school dramas, and all of them have bullying as an issue though, so I really wonder if this one is going to touch on it or not. We still have to wait a while for it though, it's three more months away and we haven't even had a confirmed female lead.

@Berou  Well I got my answer. Last month I was asking on the actors thread  when will I see YSH in a new drama. But I prefer him in straight dark melodrama. Angsty full of emotion. Emotive.  He's a brilliant actor and I'd pay to see him more in that genre. No rom-com.   In the same way that I also prefer  say.. a Yeo Jin Goo  in angsty drama not rom-com.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Berou said:

Besides, I got told about some crucial information - if not the most crucial- I heared from some people that JBA isn't shy about kissing and  goes all the way. If it is the case, that's great then ! Because to me, being a good kisser is as most important as being a good actress lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512.  YSH isn't shy about kissing either, then we're on board for some great kiss scenes 

I love it!:love: It really is very critical information in my book too. It's a romcom so I hope we get plenty of kisses. Chingu would I be too greedy if I put bedscene and shirtless Yoo on that list?evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

@midjohn33 I loved her in Goodbye to Goodbye, it is such an underrated drama. It's a the top of my list w/Moneyflower as being this years best. Fingers crossed she accepts the role. 

@Cecentre I try to avoid dramas w/bulling as the main topic too. I'm hoping that since it's a romcom they won't delve to deep into the topic. I love revenge drama's so this is right up my alley. I love romcoms if they are done right. 

@Berou So it will indeed relate to bullying. I think so too, bullying is such a huge problem in Korea and that's why TV shows keep on talking about it. I guess it makes sense though because maybe parents and teachers will be more aware of it and prevent it from happening if they see it on their TV and stuff. Since it's a rom com I hope that the topic won't be too heavy!

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

@Cecentre I try to avoid dramas w/bulling as the main topic too. I'm hoping that since it's a romcom they won't delve to deep into the topic. I love revenge drama's so this is right up my alley. I love romcoms if they are done right. 

So do I! But then it's YSH and rom com mentioned in the same breath so I can't say no to this drama lmaooo :joy: I can't really watch revenge dramas, and so I have not watched any before. I love rom com though. Rom com is like my go to for kdrama lol. 

This might sounds stupid, sorry, but Bok Soo will return to the school as an adult, so all of them should've been graduated. Is he going back there as a teacher? And the girl and the headmaster's son also work there i guess, thats why BS coming back there.

Archived