[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Go Seung Ji

Based on few news on this post about BokSoo's character, BokSoo is going to return in school as a teacher.

Now it's finally confirmed in the highlight that BokSoo is going to be a highschool student again  (just like what it mentioned in the synopsis) .

He's returning in school as an adult studying in high school. (Just like Rain's character SangDoo in "SangDoo's Let's Go To School") .

BokSoo's classroom teacher/adviser will be most probably SooJung.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

for a revenge drama, 1st episode is super funny.. so that trailer makes it seem that the other student jumped off the roof, died/paralyzed and jo boah was the witness.

hmm.. even if they faked it, ultimately the second guy did get hurt .. and clealry jo boah must have done it because of money for grandmom

[My Strange Hero] PILOT Ep 1 spoilers, Yoo Seung Ho ♥ Jo Bo Ah

boksu.png

Article: Naver 'My Strange Hero' Yoo Seung Ho in a 'one-sided ♥' with Jo Bo Ah after she curses at him 

1. [+591,-43] Jo Bo Ah is pretty. 

2. [+369,-12] Everything's fine except that they used 
too much filters. Just adjust that. I hope Seung Ho becomes a hit. 

3. [+258,-14] Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah who came out directly from comics, their combination is good. 

4. [+233,-14] It's fun. Got to watch this on Mondays and Tuesdays. 

5. [+141,-13] It's so interesting. I was reminded of my school days too. 

6. [+86,-2] Yoo Seung Ho is such a cool man. I hope he gets more popular than he is now.........^^ 

7. [+75,-3] I think Yoo Seung Ho is really good at acting. 

8. [+60,-1] Yoo Seung Ho is really handsome. I like his character this time too~~ 

9. [+56,-2] 
Wow.. It's fun. I didn't have much expectations for this, but it's been a while since there's something worth watching. 

10. [+49,-1] Seung Ho-ya, why are you so handsome? 

Spoiler

revenge.png

Article: Naver 'My Strange Hero' Yoo Seung Ho jumps into the sea to save his first love,Jo Bo Ah 

1. [+727,-23] Going to watch this for Mondays and Tuesdays. ㅋㅋㅋ It's fun. By the way, Jo Bo Ah's beauty... *shivers*

2. [+488,-11] As an actor, Yoo Seung Ho's biggest strength is his strong and deep eyes. This drama is worth watching with a light heart. 

3. [+366,-8] Be it a serious role or a comical role~ Yoo Seung Ho matches it all well and he analyzes his characters properly... Jo Bo Ah's transformation for her acting in this is fresh too. 

4. [+182,-8] Going to be a first broadcast killer tomorrow too❤️.. Yoo Seung Ho fighting. 

5. [+168,-7] Mondays and Tuesdays are seriously Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah. I really like it and their chemistry is good. 

6. [+53,-0] It feels like a pretty school movie from Hong Kong. Oh, the directing is pretty, the most surprising thing is Yoo Seung Ho's acting. I thought he's only good with heavy roles, but he's totally like a student and my heart throbbed. 

7. [+51,-1] Jo Bo Ah is really pretty and Yoo Seung Ho is so handsome. The combination is really good. 

cr

I didn’t know what to expect of the show given the strange premise but the first episode is promising! 

Helps a lot that YSH is such a doll. Love his smile and how his eyes crinkle! Brings back some INAR feels for me. 

Also I thought a lot of the scenes are filmed beautifully with really nice compositions. Perhaps a tad much with the filters but I didn’t quite mind it. 

Looking forward to the second episode tonight!! Hope the show will be well received here and everywhere else! 

Finally got the chance to catch up.  First impressions from Ep1&2.  I like it. :)  YSH and his puppy dog eyes and beautific smile...ahh... :wub: JBA matches him well...fresh faced, feisty and opinionated.  To be fair though, even though his eyes don't take up as much real estate on his face when compared to hers, I cannot help but feel he makes up for it with the emotions behind them...he trumps her when it comes to delivering emotively when it comes to 'eye' acting.  She's decent but when placed next to him, she pales in comparison.  This is NOT a criticism, just an observation and purely a personal opinion.

Did you catch it?  The curtains/drapes/hair - as the zephyr catches them...just so.  Significant revelationary moments between the OTP.

1. As he dashes out with the bride, she runs ahead and her veil flutters...just as SooJeong walks past and he catches a glimpse of her...sending him back to the past.

2. The moment when he first realizes she means something more to him in the classroom...the classroom drapes flutter in the background.

3. He puts his hand on his chest when at his desk at home - be still my heart... Dare I say it... A heart flutter...

4. The school sick bay bed...the drapes between the beds flutter and partially covers her face as she says her parting words...and he tells his Friend who comes in after, "My heart has been extracted." 

5. When she naps on the desk on the top floor of the school (?) and the wind catches her hair which partially covers her face and he runs his fingers/hands gently across her forehead to part her hair :wub:

6. The wind in their faces whilst on his motorbike together.

Heart flutter moments.

Finally, there's that parallel scene.  These 3 will be linked somehow I feel...

1. The moment on the top of a building when they talk about dreams and he reveals his is to become her boyfriend.  He is standing on the railing then and she hits him causing him to tumble off...and her reverie is broken by the student Yeung Min coming for a Counselling session.

2. She is on the bridge railing talking to Yeung Min and she falls off with him in tow.  Only to be saved by BokSoo...once again her 'reverie' is broken.

Hope I get the time to catch up with Ep 3&4 later today or tomorrow.  :)

Ep 3&4

More flutter moments

Drapes flutter again in the school hallway as BokSoo gets taken back in time after his old teacher confronts him and tells them his life is intertwined with SooJeong's.

When she kisses him, the wind catches her hair again and causes it to 'flutter'

And that poem that she recites as he watches her from behind...so beautiful that it demands a replay

It was at that age, the poem came to me.

I don't know, I don't know where it came from.

If it's from the winter or the pond.

I don't know when and where it came from.

No it wasn't a voice, nor a word.

It was not silence either.  I didn't know what to say.

My lips could not form a name for it, my eyes were blinded.

And something started in my soul.

And like that, my heart fluttered in the wind.

He had no words to write as she recited the poem.  Instead he drew a picture of her reciting.  So he responded exactly as she had recited in the poem...and drew a wordless picture of her because she was the source of the stirring in his heart...she had caused his heart to flutter in the wind.

And the final scene in Ep4.  The curtains flutter again in the staff room as SooJeong draws them back, she sees BokSoo striding across the School field making his comeback to school.

I also feel like there's some metaphor happening with regards to how he seems to always be placed 'behind' her during their time in school together.  He sits behind her in class, he is behind in his studies, he rides on her back in the school race, she draws in the front of the page (her award certificate for him) whilst he draws behind the page.  But now in the present, he's the one who 'has her back'.  He is working behind the scenes to 'help' her with the scammer, getting her into a full time position at the school.

SeHo is an interesting character.  There's more to it than him being pure evil.  I feel like he's somehow misdirected his jealousy or he lacks the will to live somehow and he finds enjoyment in proving his worth by putting BokSoo down (toying with him keeps him amused).  To be confirmed of course, just my first impression of him. :)

37 minutes ago, Berou said:

I think there is a big misunderstanding between SSJ and KBS. The confrontation scene in the cafe between SSJ and OSH somehow revealed it when she asked to OSH when she helped him

I am sort of wondering if she helped OSH somehow in their school days to somehow keep her position in the elite school or he helped her so she was indebted to him.  If she paid the scammer to get herself a full time position at school I wonder if she did something unscrupulous as well back in her high school days to try to keep her place there?  And that resulted in her having to side with OSH's version of the story (her hands were tied) even though she knew KBS was innocent?  That would explain why KBS felt so betrayed?  The preview seems to place her in the rooftop during their confrontation in high school days which resulted in OSH falling off the roof (or him actually jumping off himself unintentionally/intentionally like SSJ did on the bridge).  You're right about it being fast moving.  The flashbacks do give us insight into their high school days.  Also, did you notice the teacher sitting in front of SSJ seems to be the student that KBS saved from the bullies in high school?  Could be wrong, I think it is anyway.

Archived