[Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kwak Dong-yeon joins Yoo Seung-ho and Jo Boa in Revenge Returns

by stroopwafel

kwak.jpg

Kwak Dong-yeon (My ID is Gangnam Beauty, Reunited Worlds) has confirmed he will be joining Yoo Seung-ho (I’m Not a Robot) and Jo Boa (Temperature of Love) in the upcoming SBS rom-com Revenge Returns.

Yoo Seung-ho will be taking on the lead role of Kang Bok-soo (bok-soo is the Korean word for revenge) and Kwak Dong-yeon will be taking on the role of Bok-soo’s nemesis, Oh Se-ho. Jo Boa’s character is Soo-jung, Bok-soo’s first love, and as adults the two men will fight to win her affections......

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/kwak-dong-yeon-joins-yoo-seung-ho-and-jo-boa-in-revenge-returns/

I'm joining the  party of yoo seung ho's come back! 

The idea of this drama as SBS's buffer for their 2019's big show(s) kinda bothered me. Although nothing is really sure for now. I agree that we have to see first the quality of its materials once they become available.

3 of 4 YSH's post military dramas are penned by rookies. Nothing against them really, some rookie writers have this refreshing way of weaving stories (amazing writers gotta start somewhere) however, I'm wishing that some big name in the industry offer him a script one of these near years. 

For now, I'm keeping my excitement for BSIB. 
Where the star's Land will end by Dec 4 that gives BSIB a Dec 10 suppposed premiere. 
With two months to air, they'll probably have their script reading by this week. 
I haven't watch Jo Bo  Ah in any dramas, is this her first lead role? 
Her smile is charming, although I find it somehow 'richard simmons', I like her wide eyes too!, hope to see that unique charm in her character

I haven't seen any of Jo BoAh's works either.  She looked lovely last night at APAN awards and she won in her category for her role in Goodbye to Goodbye...so I guess that's a thumbs up to her acting (? Are APAN awards noteworthy??).  I am a bit wary of rookie unproven script Writers though - bit of a hit and miss.  No amount of good acting can make up for a poorly written story.  But because it's YSH (and I don't mind JBA) I will tag along for the ride.

217587_247760_5257.jpg

Flurry of news of further casting as production draws closer. (sorry for not merging my post from above)

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002839111 - Cheon HoJin

0002839111_001_20181012095736124.jpg?typ

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003327843 - Park KeongHye

2018101301001027700079321_20181012113327

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003882511 - Oh HeuiJun

0003882511_001_20181015082156179.jpg?typ

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Yoo Seung Ho and Jo Bo Ah - Premiere in December
On 9/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, Berou said:

Same here, I only participate in YSH's drama threads, sometimes I post on other threads but I end up stop posting.  I hope too,  I guess other IANAR folks and his other fans will come later. I should perhaps tag some of them to make them come out. @vangsweetie637 @soara @hyania @maj_loves @miye0n @paperboat04 @Unicaunnisansu  @2handsintertwined @2016moana @ferily  @findit  @evie7  @hiriena02  @sanaeozora

@sakura2016 became the victim of my nagging and rants :lol:. I'm sorry to her. Everytime a casting news came out, I went  to her for ranting, wondering why YSH was refusing to come back. Trust me. Even though it is a revenge drama with a highschool background, it is still  light in terms of " YSH's dark and melo" dramas. The melos he did before were full of drama, anguish and tears. He cried or had an anguished expression in every scene. Bullying is a sensitive topic and viewers might feel uncomfortable watching characters getting bullied, but we don't know what the writer has in mind for the plot. Maybe the drama won't touch on the bullying issue. 

Oooh! I'm so happy for YSH! I can't wait for his new project! Thank you for mentioning me :) :wub:

Edit: Ahhh I just looked at the pictures. I missed his handsomeness and beautiful smile so much! His smile makes me feel happy inside! I don't know the actress. I hope she has great chemistry with him :wub:. I think he looks beautiful. I love his hair :D. I hope he likes this drama :wub:. I hope it does well too :wub:

Spoiler

Please forgive me! So this is a double post. I miss Minkyu. So I don't think I have ever met a character like him. I think he was so lonely. I think he was so beautiful. I believe he opened up his heart to Aji-3. I remember he couldn't touch anyone.I think that was hard for him :bawling:  I felt YSH's feelings. I think he made me think Minkyu was real. So this  is one of my favorite scenes. I believe MinKyu was looking for her in the crowd. I think she made him so happy. And he was getting a rash. Aji-3 saved him from his rash.  And he kissed her on the forehead. I think this is such a sweet scene. I think he started to change here. I love how YSH acted as MinKyu.:bawling:

One of my favorite scenes:

credit to owner

I-am-not-a-robot-kiss.gif

So I believe YSH will do well in this next drama. 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:22 AM, nrllee said:

More news...confirming veteran actors and others in line up.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait for more news!

And I'm going to post your picture again. I'll put it under the spoiler :D.

credit to @nrllee

Thank you for sharing this! :D 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, Berou said:

Senior actress kim mee kyung   is also part of the cast. She posted a photo of what it looks like to be the script reading 

Thank you for sharing! I don't know this actress. I didn't know this! I can't wait to see her acting.

Image result for i am not a robot gif

credit to owner (YSH as Kim Minkyu, I Am Not a Robot)

Cute beautiful YSH. Beautiful smile!

I miss you :wub:

I think he's so cute :D Hehehehehe! I think he makes me so happy here :wub: I think I'm going to go find more pictures and gifs of this cute and handsome man :D 

Oh Jo BoAh is his leading lady, right? I think she's so beautiful. I put her under the spoiler too. I love her smile.

Spoiler

217587_247760_5257.jpg

credit to @nrllee :wub:

Thank you for sharing this too! :D 

Woah they have started shooting already?! I thought we will get to see some videos or pics from first script reading or soemthing . I really wanted to see SHsshi's new look/ picture atleast lol Things are moving fast it seems anyways sooner the better. Waiting for the show to air now, hope it turns out to be good :) 

Edit

@Berou Yeah I changed my UN. I loved his school days look from Remember alot. I really like straight hair on him! If he goes back to school as an adult then yeah they might make him sport a different look but for now I'm happy seeing him as a student:)

8 hours ago, Berou said:

@MrsYeoWoon we finally got a closer look at his hairstyle ;).  Oh my gosh I missed to see his face too @2handsintertwined.  Is he on a date in there ? Or is it a family  meal -meeting ? I don't know why but I always supposed his character is from a poor family. 

Yeah I also think it is more coherent and logical for him to have two different hairstyles to highlight the time jump and the character's change because I assume he will change when he is going to be expelled

Yay! I'm so happy you missed his face too! :wub: I mean. Look at him! I think he's so yummy! And I love his hair here.

I will share it with you:

Spoiler

Related image

credit to owner:

Edit: My gif isn't working!

I think his smile makes me blush! So it's not just his smile for me. I like all of him. I think he makes me happy. And I think he makes a lot of people happy. I don't think his smile is fake. You know those fake smiles? Well, I'm happy he doesn't do that. I'm not attacking anyone! I'm just sharing my honest feelings. I'm glad he's real. :wub: I want a hug from him.

Me when I see YSH:

Image result for yoo seung ho crying gif

credit to owner(This gif is not mine! And I've never seen this drama! I love his hair :wub:)

And me again when I see him:

Image result for crying gifs oprah

credit to owner(I don't own this gif)

I'm saying, "No! I need you!" Then they try to keep me away from him! And I try to crawl back to him:bawling: "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Thank you for sharing a picture of him. So I don't think he's with family! Why? I think he looks family. I think he's looking at someone he likes. And did I say this, "I think he has beautiful lips.":wub: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I believe he's making me blush! I think, "Am I stalking YSH?!"

stalker: A girl or boy who stalks a guy or girl in hopes they end up dating them but instead just become a stalker.

So I'll move on. So you said you don't know why you always expect his character is from a poor family? Why do you expect that? And he was rich in IAMNAR, right? So I want to see how he does in this role. I want see, "Can he act as a poor man?" I don't have a problem with this. I want to see him challenge himself. I don't think he should do the same role. So is he filming his new drama now? :D.

So you think it's more coherent and logical for him to have different hairstyles. And you think it will highlight the time jump and character change. Well, I like your thinking. I agree with this :D. And you assume he will change when his character gets expelled. Really? Well, I can't wait to see him get expelled! I'm sorry if that sounds mean. I just think he has a lot of emotions. And I want to see how he acts. I think I already said this. I believe I have only see his character as MinKyu in IAMNAR. So I am excited to see him act in something new. I think this role will be challenging for him because he gets expelled! I miss him. I can't wait for this drama. Why do we have to wait so long? 

Me right now(It's under the spoiler):

Spoiler

Image result for black people crying gif

credit to owner:

I say, "I'm crying!!!" Why do we have to wait so long! I want to see his new drama now!

Ok @Berou I will leave you alone. Please ignore me!

So I saw this,

12 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

Woah they have started shooting already?! I thought we will get to see some videos or pics from first script reading or soemthing . I really wanted to see SHsshi's new look/ picture atleast lol Things are moving fast it seems anyways sooner the better. Waiting for the show to air now, hope it turns out to be good :) 

I was asking the same question. I'm like, "Have they started filming yet?" and "Did they do the first script reading yet?" And I hope we get some videos and pics from the script reading too! Yes, I'm waiting on this show to air too! Wahhhhhhhhhh! Crying! And I hope it turns out to be good too :D.

I'm sorry everyone. I got in my feelings. I got to emotional!:bawling:

Edit: I tried to put my images in the spoiler. I don't think I can post three at the same time, right @Berou ? Help me mod! I still don't know how to use spoiler :tears: I'm sorry I mentioned Berou so many times! I'm not good at posting. I'm sorry everyone! Please ignore this!!!!! :ph34r:

And thank you for sharing pics, news, and articles everyone!

Edit: @nrllee Hello! I saw you in Mr. Sunshine thread! So you like YSH too?

Edit: And it was YSH's birthday? Well, happy late birthday my beautiful YSH :blush:

Edit: @Go Seung Ji Hi! I'm not stalking you! I just love your threads! :D 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. So many edits. I'm sorry everyone! I'm a crazy person! Hahaahha!

Thank you for the BTS photos! I hope that the styling for YSH in this drama will be different from INAR, or else I might have a hard time distinguishing the character, especially when it seems like Kim Min Gyu and Bok Soo have some shared characteristics (sweet and kinda silly-- Bok Soo's character description said he's a silly hero right?) 

I haven't seen Jo Bo Ah from other projects, and I don't think I saw her in the BTS photos either? Maybe they haven't gotten to that part yet. Good thing they started filming right away after having all the actors confirmation btw, the drama's coming in December, so they should have plenty of materials by then and don't have to rush through things :blush:

OCT 22 2018

First script reading for SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back”

30000615560_1280.jpg

First script reading for upcoming SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back” (literal title) took place October 8, 2018 at SBS Ilsan Production Studios in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. At the first script reading, main cast members Yoo Seung-Ho, Jo Bo-Ah, Kwak Dong-Yeon, Cheon Ho-Jin and  Park Ah-In all attended. The first script reading took about 3 hours to complete.

“Bok-Soo’s Back” will first air sometime in the early part of December, 2018 (takes over SBS’ Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Where Stars Land.”).

source

Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, And More Gather For First Script Reading Of New SBS Drama
Oct 22, 2018
by J. Lim

c2ae802654ba458b8d65475bbbd60f66.jpeg?s=

The cast of SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Revenge is Back” (literal title) recently gathered for their first script reading together.

“Revenge is Back” will be the follow-up drama to “Where Stars Land” and is a romantic comedy that follows Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), who finds his life has gone awry after he is accused of being a bully and expelled, as he returns to his school as an adult to seek revenge. However, instead of revenge, he finds himself swept up in an unexpected situation.

The first script reading for the drama was held on October 8 at the SBS production center in Ilsan, and was attended by screenwriter Kim Yoon Young, producing director (PD) Ham Joon Ho, and the cast that includes Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Bo Ah, Kwak Dong Yeon, Chun Ho Jin, Kim Mi Kyung, Uhm Hyo Sup, Kim Kwang Gyu, Kim Dong Young, Park Ah In, Yeon Jun Suk, and Yoo Seon Ho. For three hours, the cast delighted everyone in attendance with their chemistry and immersive acting. The PD said, “I will create a set that gives the actors a space to have fun. I’m happy to have met a great family to end 2018 with. I will work hard to make it a warmer and more meaningful year than those before it.”

Spoiler

Yoo Seung Ho will take on the role of Kang Bok Soo, who goes from living out other people’s lives to a man who returns to school in great fanfare. He has a charming voice but also wins over hearts with his clumsiness. Along with him is Jo Bo Ah as Son Soo Jung, who was Kang Bok Soo’s first love and is now a part-time teacher. Though she appears calm for the most part, her anger can flare up and she is able to silence her opponents with a slew of painfully true facts.

Kwak Dong Yeon will be taking on the role of Oh Se Ho, the antagonist to Kang Bok Soo, and the actor is excited to show a new side of himself as he takes on his charismatic and powerful character. Chun Ho Jin will play Teacher Park, who refuses to stand idly by when he sees injustice and is loved by his students, while Kim Mi Kyung will be Jung Soon, Kang Bok Soo’s mother who is just grateful that her son has grown up in good health and strong spirits. Uhm Hyo Sup and Kim Kwang Gyu will play the principal and vice principal of the school, and their comical interactions had everyone laughing.

The cast is rounded out with Kim Dong Young playing Lee Kyung Hyun, Kang Bok Soo’s friend and superior at work, Park Ah In as Kang Bok Soo’s cute stalker Yang Min Ji, Yeon Jun Suk as a stressed-out Oh Young Min who is ranked last in his class, and Yoo Seon Ho as the handsome and tough guy Yoo Shi On.

The production staff stated, “The actors played their parts so well that it felt like filming had already started. Their excitement and energy has us excited to film their scenes,” and “We promise to bring a drama that will bring happiness, energy, and relatable resolutions so that viewers can end 2018 on a high note.”

“Revenge is Back” will be the follow-up to “Where Stars Land” and will begin airing in early December.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1249825wpp/yoo-seung-ho-jo-bo-ah-gather-first-script-reading-new-sbs-drama

Archived