Jeremy Xu

He Hongshan

Cao Xi Wen

Cui Peng

Liu Min

Bai Hai Tao

Wayne Lai

Synopsis:

Set in the fictional Eastern Liang dynasty, circus performer Ye Ningzhi’s (He Hongshan) troupe enters the palace and stages a performance to celebrate the empress dowager’s birthday. The ambitious grand princess (emperor’s sister) decides to cause mischief by framing her for treason, though the heroine is saved by strategist Wei Guang (Xu Zhengxi), and falls in love at first sight with him.
When Ye Ningzhi enters the palace two years later as the empress’ maid, she stands up for her fellow servants, and refuses to sacrifice her conscience in the face of power. Ye Ningzhi also works together with Wei Guang to crush the grand princess’ plan to usurp the throne, and catches the eye of the emperor in the process.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Legend of the Phoenix 凤弈 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Legend of the Phoenix 凤弈

Saw the first episode, and the lead actress’s acting is pretty bad, while the male lead has 1 cool look and not much else. The story so far isn’t great either. And the FL meant to be smart, yet so far, 2 damsel in distress moments already =_= All in all, it doesn’t give a fresh new feeling. So unless you are a fan of the actor or actress, it’s not a great drama to follow.

I agree the female lead acting is pretty bad.  The male is just okay.  I tied to give this show a chance.  I watched ep 1 in full and fast forwarded a couple of eps, but not catching attention.  Maybe go back later when there are some eps and hope that it improves.

• 2 weeks later...

I might give this drama a shot, story sounds interesting and I always love a good palace romance! I think Jeremy Tsui is a great actor but haven't seen the lead actress before, fingers crossed shes not insanely bad.. I might be able to get through if the chemistry is good at least lol

On 5/30/2019 at 4:48 AM, Alila Nguyen said:

Saw the first episode, and the lead actress’s acting is pretty bad, while the male lead has 1 cool look and not much else. The story so far isn’t great either. And the FL meant to be smart, yet so far, 2 damsel in distress moments already =_= All in all, it doesn’t give a fresh new feeling. So unless you are a fan of the actor or actress, it’s not a great drama to follow.

Totally agree on this.

You should check out the 2nd episode. All of a sudden the ML has gotten expressions and it is not a pleasant surprise! Starting around Minute 20, from then on he seems as if he is possessed and I am still waiting for him to snap back. 

GCTM1ej.png
AO8iK5g.png

VaQBzRQ.png

Ae6UE1h.png
VTlcuI3.png

gzyKLmA.png
beV7YYF.png

I can not explain what is happening in the images above

The guy wei guang try to save ning zhi from being rape by lang kuan.  He pretend that he want her because there is a spy spying on the girl.... in the end wei guang did fall in love with her. I have watch till ep 10 with sub. Not bad. Like it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one of those odd offerings from the mainland in which the latter part of the drama is better than the front end. It's not a great drama by any means but it's entertaining enough. Besides it's nice to see Jeremy Xu in the lead and not playing the bad guy for a change. ;) I almost didn't recognize him. 

I persevered because of the potential and because I like Wei Guang a lot, enough to overlook the shows big flaws . He does give off a mischievous bad boy vibe which works in any fascinating way with his more serious, thoughtful side. Besides I do like smart guys.

The storyline begins to tighten around the 16-17th episode, ironically... when the FL becomes the noble consort to the fatuous emperor and sibling rivalry kickstarts. The romancing at the start is cute in parts but feels more like a prologue to the actual story than a cohesive part of the narrative.

12 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I got turned off by the slow motion scenes.  It's cheesy. I didn't even bother to watch ca

Oh yeah... the first 10 or so episodes are pretty cheesy... but I can tolerate cheesy to some degree if there's potential. ;) 

But after Episode 16, it's like a different drama almost. A shame really because it does become quite a decent drama. 

Archived